A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

ONS Part 4

shomu1

Re: ONS Part 4

Post by shomu1 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Shamu chuckled, "Tell the Marines that.  Besides, even carpet bombing wouldn't particularly guarantee that we took care of the threat.  Unless we can nail the bastards down and keep them from moving around, there's nothing we can do."

Red grumbled, "Which pisses me off.  Pendejos need to grow a pair of cojones and come fight like a man."

Sharky laughed, "Right because you're totally not gonna annihilate them the moment they do so."

Red shrugged, "I have no complaints with an easy fight, senor."

Sharky shook his head in amusement, "You sound like Voodoo sometimes, you know that, Red?"

"Because Mr. Voodoo is a very smart man, jefe."

"Now that is something you don't hear every day."

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:16 am

Meanwhile at King Falud AB, Republic of Isara.

Zack sat at his desk inside his quarters, finishing up paperwork with Mao as he took a second to revise the region map he had kept with him since their deployment had begun. Shamlak was now crossed out with Sharpie and replaced with "SPAMLAK" in all capital letters in Zachary's handwriting.

"That's what you are calling our adversaries my big bad wolf?" Mao smirked as she rubbed the young man's shoulders, stepping up from her now finished After Action Report to help the pilot relax. Zack in the meantime undid his ponytail while he leaned into Mao's massage.

"Well it certainly fits them considering the only resistance we have met from them so far is nothing but MANPADS and IADS. I thought Alyosha's Mohawk was going to burst into flames from the lack of any air to air action on this hop. Personally myself. I-"

"Happy that those Marines got ashore with few casualties. Yes. Also keep in mind we aren't the only ones getting grief from surface based defenses. Eagle flight got a tailpipe full of autocannon, I'm surprised they didn't get clipped or had a stray Mistral shot their way." Mao replied.

"As for Aly, he'll just have to suck it up. I swear he expects to find himself in the middle of an epic furball like Comona every time he goes up." Rein said as she sauntered into Zack and Mao's quarters. The busty Aslani sat down on the couch, helping herself to a can of Dr. Pepper she plucked from the mini fridge next to it.

"Comet, ask first!" Zack groaned.

"Oh shush you. So you guys finished with your paperwork?" Rein replied, to which she received nods from the couple. Rein then continued after getting her answer. "Nice work calling that flanking action against the Crotale, really made an impression on the enemy."

Zack nodded again. "Yeah; It won't be the last we will see of our surface launched friends as we get deeper into enemy territory. Speaking of which, this invasion doesn't set right with me."

Mao spoke as she kept rubbing Zack's shoulders. "Oh? Concerned we will get bogged down with an insurgency after these regimes are disposed of? I wouldn't blame you for thinking such things."

"Yeah. I mean look at Erusea for example. The remnants loyal to the Supreme Commander didn't go down without a fight after the ISAF took Farbanti, what makes us think this will be different? In some aspects the devotion the militaries and citizenry of Kedhan and Shamlak have to their leadership and political ideologies makes the Continental War era Erusean Nationalists look well adjusted."

"I concur, but I am afraid we are just going to have to wait and see how things pan out Zack." Rein replied as she sipped on her soda. Mao now sat beside Rein as Zack's sociopolitical musings were cut short as the taller, bustier blonde took the Shimoji into her chest and patted an empty space on the couch. "Come on Zack, take a seat!" Rein smiled. Zack silently padded over to the couch as Rein snatched him up with a free hand and pulled him close.

"Can we stay like this for a while? I could really use a cuddle right now. I was so high strung on the way home, during debrief, and in the showers..." Rein asked.

"Yes Comet." Mao said, nuzzling her neck.

"Of course Rein." Zack replied, mussing the hair of the blonde.

"Thank you."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:25 pm

MISSION EIGHT COMPLETE

Debrief: Though we have not established very large beaches on either country, we have a foothold thanks to your efforts. CAS missions will continue to be flown throughout the day to better the position of the coalition forces on the ground. Get what rest you can, as we're about to be very busy. On the upside, we can expect this to be a major morale blow to the Kedhani and Shamlaki ground forces. Keep this up, and we may see surrender figures like those at the end of Belka in 95.

Kill Tally
    -Shogun: x2 GV6, x2 BMP-2, x2 SA-19, x2 T-90
    -Eagle: x6 Type 96 APC
    -Basilisk: x2 enemy-held building, x3 T-90, x4 SA-6
    -Sunny: x2 mortar position, enemy troops at bus station, x1 sniper
    -Canis: x6 enemy fortifications, x6 AS-90, x1 Crotale
    -Broadsword: x4 SA-19, X4 BMP-2

Press Release, Kedhani Media (March 27, 2018): Citizens of the Holy Union of Kedhan, this is your leader General Sawari! I come to you as a great battle is beginning! A battle which will decide the fate of our nation! Our enemies have invaded our sovereign lands, and we must drive them from our homes! We can expect this battle to be fierce in every manner, but we must band together. We must make every inch of the advance reek of death and struggle. We must make the families of the sons and daughters thrown into this pointless imperialist bought see it's true face. Rise, my people, rise and hold! The soldiers of our military need you, each and every one, to help them. As a nation united, we can stop them! The coaltion will find itself slaughtered before it can hope to even touch me or my advisers. I shall do what I can to lead us to victory, but I need you to fire our guns that will kill the invaders! To further raise your spirits, I am offering a reward for every beheaded coalition soldier brought to justice! 5,000 Khavs! To victory!

Press Release, Shamlaki Media (March 27, 2018): Subjects of his Highness Kind Al-Fais. The coalition has seen its fit to violate our nation's boundaries under the guise of disarming us. It is the face of this grave act that the king has ordered large-scale mobilization of the reserves. Every man between the ages of 19 and 25 shall report immediately for proper induction. In addition, the King urges that his citizens find any way they can to support the soldiers moving to drive out our invaders. He gives them his personal blessing and promises us a bright future at the end of this unjust war. In addition, he has communicated we are not alone. Apart from our new-found allies in Kedhan, news has come through of public condemnation of this escalation by The Peoples' Federation of Verusea and the Federal Republic of Erusea. The king wishes his people luck, and promises that we will survive.

Weapon Loadouts:

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Heading out to their Mirages following the briefing, Magalie was the first to speak up.

"Going by the enemy's press release, sounds like the complete opposite to the major blow to their morale has happened. If I didn't know better, I'd say that Veruseans and Eruseans are looking for excuses to start a world war."

"In regards to their 'morale boost', take what they say with a boatload of salt. It's just propaganda." Irenee replied.

"You're right." Magalie said in optimism.

"As for Verusea and Erusea, you're spot on. However, nations full of hawks like them are only supporting Kedhan and Shamlak for their own personal interests and agendas." Irenee continued.

Estelle then whispered into Magalie's ear, "When we get back, would you like to have a go at me?"

Magalie nodded her head excitedly in reply, inciting a giggle from Estelle.

The four boarded their Mirages, each one armed with four AS-30s and two MICA IRs, taxied to the runway and took off, headed for their mission airspace.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:03 pm

March 27, 2018 (Local Time: 2045)
    2-3 Infantry Division Staging Area

Second Lieutenant Cassin Lockhe, commander of 3rd platoon, Bravo Company. 7th Cavalry Regiment, sat in the commander's cupola of his M1A3 main battle tank as it sat in a defensive position near the border. The light-haired officer, three months into his tenure with Third Infantry, felt like he was attached to an electric fence. He couldn't sit still for a minute at the prospect of the kind of warfare he'd been so deeply trained in about to happen. The entire armored fist of "The Hammerhead Division" was about to plow south. He'd spent the past days planning both with his men, the company, and even the Yuktobanians. The Yukes were as good as his peers at mechanized warfare, and he felt safe knowing they'd be reliable.

"Panther 2-3 Actual, this is Panther 2 Actual, standby for relay."

Cassin keyed his CVC mike to transmit back.

"Go ahead Actual."

"Panther 2-3, Stampede is go in five. Stampede is go in five. Crank up and prepare for tasking, how copy?"

"Understood Actual, Panther 2-3 will comply."

The orders received, Cassin switched to his platoon's channel and gave the order for his other three tanks to turn on. His own M1A3 was fired up by the driver, Mills, while the Gunner Kolby armed their main gun. Cassin gave a glance left towards Second platoon, commanded by 2nd Lieutenant Austin Callie. First platoon was beyond that. A look upwards revealed an RAH-66A+ Commanche recon helo returning from its probe. Hell this much firepower was better than seeing a scantily clad pinup girl, he chuckled in thought.

Across the border, waiting for the 32nd Guards and 3rd Infantry, were three divisions of the Shamlaki Royal Army. The 9th, 22nd, and 18th Royal Land Warfare divisions had spent since near the beginning of the coalition buildup in this region digging in. The coalition had spent about as much time breaking down whatever defenses they could from the minefields to the initially light forces here. Now it was really game time.

March 27, 2018 (Local Time: 2000)
    OFS Excalibur

Eric was back in his zone of CAP. Him against whatever the Shamlakis had tonight. It had him feeling a little energetic, to say the least. The launch that night was a little odd, as much of the wing was being committed elsewhere. VF-138 was essentially being detached to help where it was needed. Tonight he'd be the lead for a fourship, with Mark, Bruh, and Snow at his side. Sunny would technically be the top guy here as well, leading the second of two CAPs for the initial attack's support. The third was supposed to be a flight of F-16s from the unit they'd met while goofing off in Isara. Eric, though approving of the pilots, was holding his breath on their performance in pure air-to-air. Either way it would be busy tonight, and he figured the Shamlakis would be unreasonably angry at a two-front invasion. He looked out as the flight headed northeast for others. So far it was just his own compatriots.

From his own jet, Mark felt uneasiness wash over him. His concern about Eric hadn't waned, and in fact a new bit of information had come to him before it came to Eric. Misaki was very possibly entering the area soon, as an aid worker with the UN. Though Eric would benefit from having her here, he would be pressed even harder with her in danger. Misaki had come to Mark and Kat first because of this, seeking their advice. Mark had aired his concerns, and told Misaki in the end it would be best to both follow her own conscious and to talk to Eric. Kat had agreed, and Misaki understood.

But for now that wasn't the foremost concern. As the F-21s left the obligatory tanker stop, they were almost immediately brought up to speed by their Yuke AWACS after checking in.

"Shogun Flight, be advised, we already have contacts airborne. 093 For 130, Angels 22. o far I count ten in groups of two." a heavily-accented voice told them.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 am

The four F-14s rocketed off the deck of the Excalibur in succession.  "Departure, Basilisk flight of 4 switching to Strike."

As the PMC jets made their way to the AO, Shamu asked, "So how long you think we're gonna keep staging off the boat?"

Sharky said, "I dunno.  Couple more days maybe?  Why, you getting bored of the naval life?"

"Nah, just puddle jumping after a mission is a hell of a lot harder when you're transiting on the Navy's dime instead of the company's."

"Awww, is the widdle killer whale missing his pretty redhead?"

"Shaddup.  I can only look at your ugly mug for so long before I need to break up the monotony."

Sharky laughed, "Fair enough.  But yeah I dunno.  Maybe a couple more days.  I feel bad mooching off the squids anyway."

When the four F-14s arrived on station Shamu checked in with the AWACS, "Bakal, Basilisk flight of 4 F-14 checking in with you at Angels 30.  You have any customers for us?"

Last edited by shomu1 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Georgia Ace

Post by Georgia Ace on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:18 am

Arriving over the AO for their assigned CAP role, the four VF-3 F-21s proceeded to patrol at 20'000. Awaiting the inevitable response from the Shamlaki Air Force.

Sunny checked in with the local AWACS.

"Bakal. Sunny, flight of four F-21s, arriving on station."
    Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Arriving  a few minutes after Basilisk, the four heavily laden Hornets checked in. Broadswords 1 and 3 carried 4 CBU-103s and a pair of HARMs. 2 and 4 carried a pair of JSOWs and two more HARMs.

"Bakal, Broadsword flight of four F/A-18s, Angels 30, ready for the killing." said Hacker from the rear seat.

The Hornets pulled up near the F-14s and Chart waved at Basilisk 1.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:35 pm

As the Super Hornets pulled up next to the Tomcats and Chart waved, Sharky said over the intercom, "I think your girlfriend says hi, bro."

Shamu replied, "I see that.  Watch the radios for me, will ya?"  Opening up a private channel to Broadsword 1 while Sharky monitored the AWACS and squadron frequency, Shamu radioed, "Broadsword 1, I've been having a little issue you may be able to help me out with.  See, I'm looking for a pretty redheaded Hornet WSO who likes to draw and collect sand dollars.  You wouldn't have seen any around, would you?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Grinning under his mask, Riley said, "Roger-dodger Basilisk 1, we may have who you're looking for, if you'd witch on over to Broadsword 2, they may be able to help ya."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Realizing his mistake, Shamu said sheepishly, "Whoops.  Wrong number.  Switching."

Having heard the exchange, Sharky commented, "Smooth."

"Shaddup."  Switching to Broadsword 2, Shamu repeated his greeting, "Broadsword 2, I've been having a little issue you may be able to help me out with.  See, I'm looking for a pretty redheaded Hornet WSO who likes to draw and collect sand dollars.  You wouldn't have seen any around, would you?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 pm

"Hiiiii Shamu!" said Chart in her cutest voice. "Enjoying your time on the carrier?"
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Shamu laughed, "Oh look, there you are!"  Waving back, he continued, "The boat's fun.  But not as fun as Murabek can be..."

As Sharky made fake retching sounds from the front cockpit, Shamu muted the channel and said over the intercom, "Hey I don't give you shit when you're talking to Gale, ya dick."

"Suuuuure you don't."

Shamu ignored his pilot and switched back to the channel he had opened with Chart.  "So.  As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by my pilot.  The boat's entertaining.  But it's a bit...  Restrictive."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

"Chart laughed and said, "We'll have some fun when you get back. Also, tell Sharky hi, and that he is forgiven for interrupting us."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Shamu chuckled, "I'll hold you to that, pretty lady.  So how'd you guys make out earlier this morning?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:10 pm

"Okay, we didn't get to employ our SDBs the way we wanted to, and those damn T-90s proved a problem for our Mavs, but we got s bunch of SA-19s and a couple of BMPs. Plus we didn't get nearly as many MANPADs shot at us." Chart said. "And the SA-19 gunners sucked at shooting."
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:27 am

Shamlaki Airspace, 25,000 ft. Level.

The four F-16C's of Canis flight after making their scheduled tanker stop arrived at their designated waypoint to commence CAP duties with Sunny and Shogun flights albeit on the late side of things as a short delay kept them from taking off in a timely fashion. Zack scanned the darkened skies as his aircraft cruised along, his senses sharp as daggers due to it being the pack's first actual foray into air to air outside of ACM and patrols. Mao's aircraft followed close with Alyosha and Rein traveling not too far behind.

"Ferret to all callsigns, keep your eyes peeled for any strikers trying to gank our armored forces as they make their southern thrust; also be on the lookout for any Rooivalks too."

"This is Hime, copy that Ferret. We shouldn't take our attention away from any marauding CAP's trying to make a move on our allies in the air."

Zack replied quickly before switching channels. "Yes, we should certainly keep our eyes peeled for CAP activity. Don't want anyone mussing with our strike package."

"Zack, think you should tell them we've arrived on station? We are fashionably late of course." Comet called.

Zack contacted the Briev A-50 providing AWACS support for the operation, "Bakal, Canis flight of four F-16's checking in at Angels twenty five, requesting radar picture. Armed and ready for the hunt."

After checking in, Mao called over the radio.

"Awoo and Kon-Kon Zachary."

"You too. Stay close and watch my back."

"I know."

Alyosha was unusually silent the whole time, brimming with excitement at the opportunity to engage in air to air combat for the first time. He now found himself shifting around on his ejection seat almost as much as his best friend.Rein meanwhile switched over from thinking about her personal plans falling into place to what was in front of her while Zack's voice now came in over the comms.

"Lead to pack, keep it tight. Don't stray or get cocky out there. The SRAF may be battered but they aren't going to lay down for us. Remember that we have allies up here as well. Like the last two hops, keep your countermeasures handy and be ready to reply."

"Comet, Wilco."

"Copy Ferret."

"Got it Zack."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:40 pm

"Bakal to all Canis and Sunny, we have ten bandits so far on heading 093 for 130, Angels 22. Shogun is pressing at them as we speak, support Shogun." the A-50 radioed.

Eric heard the arrival of the other jets. Quietly he was happy to have backup as his RWR seemed to be switching tones every few seconds. Down below the Shamlakis were warming up the initial round of shots.

"Shogun Lead to Canis Lead, form up on our right; we're trying to box in the far right bandits and cut them off from the others." He radioed. He snapped his head left and right.

"Shoguns, wall formation. Shoot and break." He added.

"Two." Mark radioed.

"Three." Dart confirmed.

"Four." Lt. Seth 'The Money' Rickler added.

"Anybody know where the Iron Hand is? Ah've got SAMs to our front painting us." Mark asked over the radio.

"Bakal to Broadsword, we have targets for you. Shogun reports enemy SAM batteries in their vicinity; engage at will." the AWACS operator ordered.

From his cockpit Eric watched as the first of the SRAF's contribution for tonight appeared. AMRAAMs already selected, he singled out the lead bandit and slaved the radar to him alone. Maximum range closed in second after second; the blonde's tongue slivered out to wet his lips. Come on...Come on...the guy was looking for him, too.

Eric heard the sound of lock and fired immediately.

"Shogun 208, Fox 3, Fox 3!" He barked. His hand automatically let his centerline go and he deployed chaff, breaking up and rolling inverted to aim towards the incoming bandit. Given he'd been shot at too, he guessed the fare tonight was the usual mix of EF2000s and JF-17s.

"Shogun 205, Fox 3 Fox 3."

Eric looked around for the missile as Mark's call rang in his headset. Down below, the Cheolmae batteries added to the fight with a missile each. So far their were four batteries in the area to cover the tanks and IFVs.

Far from the aircraft, Cassin watched his screens quietly. They'd been across the border for about two miles; no contact yet. It was due to change soon if the scouts were right...

Cassin spotted the silhouette of the Type 99 MBT just a little after it was over the horizon. His gunner Kolby, one of the sharpest gunners in the platoon, also had her eyes on the machine.

"Target acquired! enemy MBT at 12 o' clock, fifty-five hundred meters out!" She called. Their loader, Stackmeyer, was one step ahead of his compatriot.

"Sabot Up!" He confirmed.

"Gunner?" Cassin asked.

"I've got em, sir, just waiting to get into effective range." Kolby assured.

The officer looked at his screen again and tensed as they saw more tanks. Callie reported he was already in contact; lucky bastard. Cassin bit his lip and saw the enemy tank's main gun flash. Their driver cut to the right and a distinct whiz screamed by.

"I've got him!" Kolby assured.

"Fire!" Cassin ordered. Her response was immediate.

"On the way!"

The 120mm gun recoiled as it sent an armor-piercing Sabot round down range. Cassin ordered them to keeping moving about to avoid the incoming fire. As a safe measure he gave Kolby the order to shoot again. He'd see that Type 99 dead if it was his only engagement.

Weapon Loadouts:

Georgia Ace

Post by Georgia Ace on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:32 pm

"Sunny copies, Bakal. Moving to assist" Jim replied and relayed the orders to his three charges. Moving into position to engage the fighters on the left side of the formation, Sunny contacted the Shogun and Canis flight leads.

"Shogun, Canis take the bandits on the right side of the formation. Sunny will take the ones on the left and keep you guys covered."

Afterwards, Sunny began locking up one of the approaching bandits, preparing for a "Fox Three" launch. 

"Sunny flight, pick a target and go. Sunny 1, Fox Three!" Sunny called a depressed the trigger and an AIM-120 dropped from the Fuselage and streaked towards its intended target.

Three more AIM-120s followed suit from the rest of the flight.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Arriving at their designated airspace, Eagle flight tuned in on the radio.

"AWACS, this is Eagle flight. We're on station, armed with four AS-30s and two MICA IRs on each plane." Irenee informed the Yuktobanian AWACS.
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:48 pm

"Canis Lead confirms Bakal, moving to engage bandits on my scope." Zack promptly replied as he selected his first AIM-120D on the 8R pylon and gave the order for the rest of Canis flight to form up on Shogun's right.

"This is Hime, forming on Shogun's right." Mao replied, selecting her own BVR range AAM on her 2L pylon.

"Matchstick, roger."

"This is Comet, copy Boss."

"Ferret to Sunny lead, taking bandit group on our right with Shogun. Good to have you along for the ride." Zack radioed, keeping his eyes affixed to his radar display as the bandits began to filter in on his radar display, in the meantime his RWR began to chirp as SAM's and hostile aircraft began to probe the dark for the UN aircraft with their own radars.

"I want everyone to follow Shogun's lead, fire and strip off. We're already getting lit up."

"I'm already seeing and hearing it Ferret, will do."

"Three."

"Four copies."

Zack singled out a bandit with his radar, the beam of his SABR painting his first target within his weapons range and depressed the trigger firmly with an utterance of "Canis One, Fox Three." in a relatively cool voice, Hime was the next to fire with a cry of "Hime, Fox Three!" followed up by Rein and Alyosha's shots letting loose a single AMRAAM per plane with their voices filling up the comm channel. The four D model AMRAAM's now raced off with their rocket motors glowing menacingly in the sky as they streaked to their intended victims.
    Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:36 am

"Roger that, Broadsword is engaging." said Riley, opening the throttle and breaking off towards the radars.. Hannibal waggled the wings at Basilisk 1 and followed Riley. The other Hornets also peeled off after him. 

"Broadsword 2 and 4 hit them with your AGM-154s. 

"Roger that boss!" said Hannibal. He punched off both of his JSOWs and broke to the left.

"Rifle Rifle!"

Foxhound then fired his own JSOWs and broke away to the right.

Last edited by Phantomphanatic10 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 pm

The EF2000s responded with their own AMRAAMs to join the four Cheolmae-2 missiles that'd been fired. It was revealed that the three flight leads had been targeted, and the fourth was bound for Broadsword's lead as they'd made their run at the SAMs. The crews manning the SAMs had no idea they'd been fired on by the Marine Hornets. As a result they simply kept shooting at the incoming CAP until the first two sites' radars exploded, along with two TELs at each site and their resupply trucks. Mistaking the attacks for HARMs, their radars were powered down. It did them little good.

In the meantime the Typhoon pilots, ranging from pilots fresh out of the academy to seasoned, angry vets that'd been surviving tooth and nail, took appropriate measures to defend. Canis Lead and his number three had gotten lucky and snagged a pair of rookies, while Sunny had plucked a Shamlaki Major with eight kills from the sky. There was also a familiar face among the Belkan-built fighters, one that had cost VF-3 a pilot on the first night. Sharif Al-Saddi was back, and ready to fight again. This time he intended to kill the pilots who'd soiled his pride.

Eric broke the formation, deployed countermeasures, and watched as the two salvos crossed paths. Mark and Bruh both confirmed they'd killed something, and another jet off in the realm of Canis was down. That put the odds firmly in the favor of the coalition fighters closing in. He craned his neck a little and grunted as the Gs pressed against him. To defeat the two AMRAAMs after him (The Shamlakis had apparently adopted the Osean tactic and given all of the CAPs two each).

"Bakal, Shogun 205, bandit dope." Mark drawled as Sidewinder range closed.

"Four bandits, same heading as before. Angels now 19; they're 70 miles from you. We are tracking contacts about 180 miles south at heading 103...So far we have eight more in that direction. Possibly JF-17s." the Yuktobanian replied. Surprising he was using miles.

In the meantime Eric pushed his jet past the SAMs being shot at him, which had gone dumb at the last minute thanks to Broadsword, and jinked right, then hard left and through a very wide barrel roll to get past the AMRAAM that'd been sent his way. In the meantime Mark had gone into a fast and brutal climb, chaff following him, to defeat the weapon shot at him.

On the ground, Lieutenant Austin Callie watched as the first line of destroyed Type 99s rolled past, three of which were his crew's doing. He looked up towards his hatch and the A-10s and AH-64s that'd helped force the breakthrough. He planned to do it again when the second line came. Scouts had confirmed several more Type 99s waited, along with Shamlaki infantry sporting ATGMs. The chestnut-haired native of Southwest Osea switched to the right channel.

"This is Panther 2-2 Actual, requestin' priotitah CAS at my position. targets are multiple MBTs and infantry wit ATGM." He radioed.

The request was sent up the line and reached Bakal in a minute, who then picked from his available ground-pounders.

"Basilisk, Eagle, we have a request for support from one of the Osean units in contact, Panther 2-2. Standby for relay. Watch for VVS traffic at lower altitudes." He radioed.

Cassin was also in need of some fast air as one of his tanks feel to a Type 99 on the far right flank. Bakal added him to the request and assured the officer help would be on the way. In the meantime Cassin's orders were clear: hit em from effective range and until they died.

"Basilisk, Eagle relaying coordinates to the enemy position. Make your attacks from west to east; Panther 2-2 will remain back to stay out of the way. Make two runs, then wait for further orders." Callie's JTAC added in as Bakal committed the PMCs and Emmerians.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:33 am

Shamu radioed, "Roger, Bakal.  Basilisk copies.  Panther 2-2, Basilisk 1 and 2 engaging with cluster.  Get clear."

Upon receiving the coordinates, Shamu called, "Basilisk 1 is in hot."  Sharky rolled in, Shamu relaying altitude and airspeed calls, releasing a single CBU-105 canister on the computer's cue, streaming chaff and flares as he broke off and returned to his holding orbit.

"One's off."

"Two's in hot."  A second later, Showtime called, "Pickle," and followed Sharky and Shamu back to the holding orbit.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Irenee replied, "This is Eagle flight, wilco Bakal." Then he tuned to the ground forces, "Panther 2-2, this is Eagle flight, proceeding to engage with AS-30s."

He then turned to the rest of his flight, "You heard him Eagles, arm your AS-30s and engage."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:11 am