A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Wing Blue: Part 1 the Meeting

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Re: Wing Blue: Part 1 the Meeting

Post by viperzero on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:08 pm

the old man spoke up

"Keep in mind the situation is fluid and Germany small. Fulcrums have been seen in the area which means you have a none zero chance of running into them"

"We leave for the UK in an hour, once there you will be given any updated intel and know if your going alone or not. Dismissed"
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Cody stood up once the brief was done.

"Welp Ah guess we'll get fully acquainted later but the reason Ah asked is cause Ah was with VF-74 last year over Libya. Figured it would be nice to talk to some of the guys Ah might've crossed paths with before." He said, offering one of his smokes.

In his mind, he felt a bit more uncertainty when the mention of the MiG-29 being in the area. It was one of the Soviet's top fighters, the other the Su-27 Flanker. Fulcrums were common near the frontline, and he wasn't sure how it would line up against the F-15. For now he had to trust in his training, REALLY trust in it. But on the outside he still seemed pretty calm.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Subha nodded, "I was one of the guys who hit Tripoli International."  He waved away the cigarette, saying, "Thanks, but I don't smoke."

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Cody nodded and put the pack away.

"Yeah that was the target Ah was assigned to fly CAP near. We expected the Libyan AF to come up, but Ah guess y'all got em on the ground." He commented. The man lit his smoke.

"They shot enough SAMs to block put the sun, though." Cody added.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Subha chuckled, "Good thing we were flying at night.  Or else that would have gotten real scary."

Meanwhile, Devon frowned, "Stinkin' Foxtrot guys getting all the fun..."

"Aww, come on, Dexter.  You telling me you don't just LOVE Durandal missions?"

"If Tunguskas weren't a thing, sure.  I've got better ideas of having fun than running around in front of the entire enemy ADN with my pants down, though."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:46 pm

"Good thing indeed." Cody nodded. He looked over at Dexter.

"Sounds like y'all ain't too much of a fan of AAA. Last guy in the class to pick his path for training?" He asked.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:17 am

Dexter shook his head, "Nah, I've just read too much about the systems so now my life is a perpetual nightmare haunted by Tunguskas, Shilkas, and SA-8s.  That and the fact that the F-111F guys dumped all the crappy unguided missions they didn't want, like Durandal, on us once they got their fancy new Pave Tack pods."

Subha shrugged, "Hey, somebody's gotta crater those airfields.  And why waste our talents lugging Durandals around when we could be slinging Paveways down everybody's throats?"

Dexter simply rolled his eyes.  "Well, at least now I get to see how the other half lives."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:25 am

"Ah have the same idea about us Tomcat types and our Hornet friends. Somebody's gotta take the unfun part of the fight." Cody agreed, looking at Subha.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:50 am

Subha chuckled, "True.  You see, what my young WSO forgets is that I was an Echo guy before I was a Foxtrot guy."

Devon exclaimed, "That just makes it worse!  You betrayed us!  We trusted you!  And you betrayed us!"

Subha shook his head in amusement.  "You do realize with this duty station you just did the same thing, right?"

"I...  Er...  Oh.  Right."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:52 am

"We're all traitors. Ah agreed to leave my beautiful job in the front seat of the F-14 and give up the Phoenix for the Sparrow-slinging Eagle. Welcome to the club." Cody laughed.

"Aw come on, Eagles aren't that bad!" Havoc interjected as he approached.

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:19 pm

General Allan had flown in many aircraft in his day, but with the exception of the Blackbrid none as fast as this one; amazing given it was a commercial aircraft. Wing Blue’s L-2000 was the perfect way to get all the needed crew from New Mexico to the United Kingdom, it was also the only way to arrive ahead of its pilots. He looked out the window to see Ireland replace the Atlantic.

We can build something like this, but we can’t learn to workout our differences? Ah well, who would want to live in such a boring world anyway.

At Mach 3 it was only a few minutes until they where ready to land. Before they began final approach an airman walked up to the old general’s seat.

“Sir I’m afraid I have some bad news. Captain Henry has been killed in action.”

The Allen was taken aback, Henry, Wing Blue’s second in command had been with him just a few hours ago. He had gone ahead to Germany to coordinate with the Germans.

“My god! What happened?”

“Friendly fire sir, the German Air Defense crews mistook his plane for a nuclear strike, the army found his body an hour later.”

Allen sat back into his seat, he had already lost his right hand man and he hadn’t even reached the warzone yet. For the remainder of the flight he was quite, his thoughts on his lost friend.

The plane landed and Allen walked out, composed the best he could to speak with the RAF officers who greeted him.
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:38 pm

An outlier brave airmen of the Britannia was a naval officer smoking as he awaited the landing. As the plane touched down, an individual whispered into the captain's ear. He sighed. "Over Germany?"

"Yes, sir. Friendly fire."

"Bollocks. That isn't the type of news we want reaching the Kremlin; won't help our image any. That's one hell of a blow to our plan to win against nuclear oblivion. Send a message on my letterhead to the family; the usual sympathy lines."

"Yes, Captain."

The man exited leaving the middle-aged officer to snuff out his cigarette before stepping forward into line awaiting to be approached by General Allen.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 pm

The Old Man walked off the plane, composed himself the best he could and walked to the officers that had arrived to greet him 

"Captain Shay O'Hare?"

he stuck out his hand

"Brigader General Robert Allen, Its good to meet you. I wish it could be under better circumstances."
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:59 pm

"Welcome to the British Isles, General Allen. My condolences for the loss of the good captain. I understand he was your friend." He took the American's hand. "I guess since the Germans are already starting to fire on suspected nuclear strikes, we should spend less time on pleasantries and more time on avoiding the end of the world. So tell me, where do we go from here?"
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Allen was frozen for a second, the Brit could sure change the subject fast, but he was all business and the old man liked that.

"we need to make preparations to attack Dessau Bridge. Most of my pilots will be here soon but we are currently under strength. I was hoping you might be able to recommend some flyers stationed here to join our strike."

he paused for a second and looked around the base. Planes taking off and landing, crews working, and countless other activities.

"were also going to need a permeant home. I would like to look into the facilities here and make accommodations for our crew and craft."
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:39 pm

The Irishman gestured to some of the airman about. "I am sure we can spare some of our best for this operation. As a permanent home, I am sure a fitting facility could be found. Also, being west of the Rhine is always the best place to be in these types of situations. I'll send word up the chain of command and I am certain you'll get what you require." It took the officer a moment to remember that he snuffed out a perfectly good cigarette before out of respect for the general. He frowned briefly before speaking up again. "Your strike on Dessau Bridge; are you planning to hit any of the industrial targets? Last time I checked, it was an important player in East German industry. Slow the advance two folds; in movement and in production."
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:41 pm

"we will hit any target of opportunity we can, but we can't say for sure what we're hitting until I know just how many planes are going in on this one and what the enemy send up against us."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Subha stepped off the SST, followed by Dexter.  As the General spoke to the Royal Navy officer, Subha said quietly to his new WSO, "Follow me.  Let's see if we can't get ourselves a wingman."

Subha flagged down a jeep, which took them to the 494th TFS's flight line.  Walking into the squadron lounge, he saw crews sitting about, relaxing from their first few strikes in Germany.  Subha entered unnoticed until he cleared his throat, his voice booming, "Just as I expected!  You lazy bunch of degenerates are just slouching about like usual!  Don't you know there's a war on?"

The assembled Aardvark pilots snapped to him in surprise until they realized who he was.  The room erupted in cheers, with a lanky brown-haired pilot and his shorter, more muscular WSO walking forward and shaking the major's hand.  "Well, well, the prodigal son returns!"  the taller one said.

Subha chuckled, "Good to see you, Chewy."

The WSO asked, "So what brings you back to the Heath?  Got bored of your cushy TDY?"

"I'm actually here BECAUSE of my cushy TDY, Daren."

"Oh?"

"Long story short, I need a wingman.  We're hitting a bridge in Dessau and no way in hell I'm running it single-ship."

Chewy said, "Well shit, Major.  You just had to ask.  We'll fly with you."

Subha grinned, "Awesome.  We'll get all the paperwork squared away in a bit."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 pm

A flight of four Panavia Tornado F.3s of No. 43 Squadron RAF approaches RAF Lakenheath from the north. At the controls of the lead plane is Flt Lt Robert Tipton.

"Lakenheath Tower, this is Sabre Flight, on approach from RAF Leuchars. Requesting permission to land." Robert called in a thick Scottish accent.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Allen heard the thundering of jets in the distance. He turned to see a flight of Tornados getting ready to land.

"Hmm...."

"What can you tell me about your Tornado pilots?"
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 pm

After catching up with Chewy and Daren Mace, who would be their wingmen, Subha asked, "So, my jet still okay?"

Chewy nodded, "Of course.  C'mon, I'll show ya."

The four men walked over to the row of hardened shelters housing the 494th TFS's F-111s.  In the first shelter sat an F-111F with a large black eagle clutching a GBU-24 in its talons painted on the nose.  Running his hand over the nose of the bird, Subha sighed contentedly, "Ah, Roc."

Confused, Dexter asked, "Uh, is there something I should know about?"

Subha chuckled, "Dex, meet Roc.  Your new ride.  F-111F 70-412.  Rolled off the line in 1970.  This baby got me to Libya and back."

"I see."

"She's a great jet."  Turning to Chewy and Daren, he said, "We should probably get back to the boss, get youse read in and whatnot."

Chewy and Daren nodded.

Catching a jeep, the four returned to where Gen. Allen was still talking to the British officer.  Subha saluted and said, "Sir, if it's okay with you, we solved the issue of our wingman.  I'd like to introduce you to Captain Chester 'Chewy' Sanderson, and Captain Daren 'Nitro' Mace of the 494th Tactical Fighter Squadron."

Last edited by shomu1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Allan looked to the major's companion.  

"I assume you two know each other?"
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Captain O'Hara looked back at thundering of the Tornado F-3s. "I prefer to let the pilots speak for themselves, General. I do believe you will soon have your opportunity to see what we have to offer this apocalyptic coalition of ours." It was convenient that the group come over as they did. "Glad to see our pilots have already been able to solve an issue for you." The Irishman took out a cigarette and tried to find his lighter realizing he must have dropped it somewhere. 

"General, I will need to depart to tend to the issue of Captain Henry's death as well as begin work on the matter of establishing a permanent base of operations for your people. I will gladly meet up with you later. Until then, as expected, the base should be able to accommodate your needs."
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Upon getting clearance to land, Robert radioed the tower, "Sabre Lead, coming in to land."

After bringing his plane in for a landing and taxiing to the apron, Robert and his WSO, Flight Officer Elenora Thwaite stepped out of their Tornado F.3.

"Time to introduce ourselves. Ready Elenora?" Robert asked.

"Yes sir." Elenora replied.

"No need to be tense, Elenora. We're not on mission." Robert said, chuckling.

"R-right." Elenora replied, embarrassed.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Subha nodded, "Yes sir.  These two flew on my wing in Libya.  They're good people."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-