A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Wing Blue: Part 1 the Meeting

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Re: Wing Blue: Part 1 the Meeting

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:42 pm

"Libya? ah good, I would rather not have to break my new pilots in myself, circumstances being what they are."

he looked around, he had not really been given a proper tour of the place. He saw a small concrete building near the tower.

"Meet me there in a few minutes, I'll get everyone together we can do the final run down. I'll have Arnold give me any updated information."

"And boys its good having you with us."
    --------

Arnold was looking over his B-57 modified for this mission. the techs installed the advanced ECM equipment.

"You know I think this is a dumb idea."

Arnold turned to see General Allen behind him.

"We have to test this some time, and it seems like its now or never."

"I just lost my second in command I can't lose my Intel guy."

Arnold turned back to the plane.

"If this works we could win the War in a few weeks, if it doesn't we lose an old plane and a spook. I'm willing to take that chance."

There was little more Allen could say.

"good luck out there, come back safe."

"I always have, always."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:49 am

Following the F.3s were the F-15s of Blaster flight, loaded about as heavily as they could've been. TAC had wanted the Eagles back in Europe soonest, so despite the risks the normal procedure of having the fourship jump "The Pond" with a tanker, they simply stopped by Langely, grabbed some FAST packs in addition to their wing tanks, took an AIM-9M and half a gun load each, and rushed to Lakenheath.

Cody welcomed the cooler weather; he'd come to like it more than the dry New Mexico heat. Much like Bitburg, Lakenheath had hardened shelters for aircraft as well as revetments. It was practically the front line now. He hoped from his jet and looked around, and after consulting with the Crew Chief entrusted to his F-15, found a phone. He surrendered some quarters he'd acquired in the States to make a call at the nearby squadron building. He hoped she was still there. The phone rang four times before the answering machine picked up.

"Cody, if this is you, don't worry. I left for England when I heard of things near the border. I'll be in Bristol with my sister in a few days...please be safe, Darling. I love you."

He felt like he was about to collapse. The pilot hung up and ran back towards the F-15s, which were being changed for a CAP. He whistled to his flight and had them gather around him.

"Okay you sissy Air Force pricks, Ah'd rather be leading my fellow Tomcat brethren into battle, but times change. From what Ah've been told on the way in we've been paired up with that Tornado flight that landed fore we did. We'll fly the usual two pairs, high and low. Coordinate with them too. Stick close to yer jets and if y'all need, there's a phone over there by one of the 111 buildings. Ah'll be back with our second flight." He said. The others chuckled.

"Otherwise we play as briefed and apply what we learned. Stay loose, stay light, and beat em bloody." Cody added. The rest of Blaster flight gave a light round of applause to the quick speech. With that, the Navy pilot hurried towards the F.3s to catch the pilots.

"Hey, scuse me! Y'all Tornado pilots!" He shouted after whistling their way. He was still in his flight gear, making his running rather hindered. He slowed as he got close.

Weapon Loadouts:

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Hearing Cody's question, Robert turned and replied, "That's right. Flight Lieutenant Robert Tipton, No. 43 Squadron RAF. The woman to my left is my WSO, Flight Officer Elenora Thwaite."

"Greetings." Elenora introduced herself in a notible Welsh accent.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:59 pm

The man nodded in greeting to Elenora and looked back at Robert.

"Lieutenant Cody Walker, US Navy. I'm currently with the USAF's 53rd TFS. From what Ah understand yer to be the other half of the CAP tonight. Have y'all been briefed and the like?" He asked, pulling out a map of the target.

Weapon Loadouts:

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:29 pm

"We weren't with you for any briefing. Could you enlighten us?" Elenora asked in a bit of confusion.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:44 pm

"We're hitting a bridge at Dessau tonight, and yer flight and mine are CAP. We'll have F-4Gs hitting the AAA; our main concern will be LSK Floggers in the area, maybe even VVS MiG-29s. Ah plan to have one division high and ahead of the strikers, with the other lower and behind to catch any ambushers." He outlined, drawing attention to their target.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Chewy and Daren nodded, "Yes sir, good to be here."

As the general left, Subha looked around and saw Cody Walker talking to the Tornado pilots.  The four Aardvark crewmen walked over.  "Afternoon, gents.  Nice flight?"

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Sabrina Kelly landed her plane, a Mitsubishi XS-3 and parked near the L-2000. She climbed out and took off her white helmet and hung it on her orange flight suit. she headed towards the control tower to meet with General Allen. As she walked in she saw US service men around a small portable black and white TV with antenna.
    -----
    CBS Evening New

March 11th 1987 a day you never forget

Soviet troops cross the border in mass

Thousands of US service men thought dead

President Reagan asks and receives the first declaration of war in over forty years

"Good Evening I'm Dan Rather. Across the United States today a mix of panic and patriotism in response to the days events. While there is near universal support for the governments declaration, the fear of nuclear war has lead to a run on the stores. There are reports in New York of lines with tens of thousands waiting for supplies as well as instances of mugging and looting. The Dow Jones lost 648 points and was closed by regulators until further notice. Those who are able are leaving the cities for the perceived safety of the county. 

The President called up the National Guard and Reserves and has begun deploying troops to Europe. There is speculation in coming days Congress will reintroduce selective service and many have lined up at recruitment centers. The former Soviet embassy in Washington was burned today by anti-Russia mobs and police are advising Eastern European Americans to be careful in the coming days. 

Current estimates put US military casualties at around 3000 dead and a similar number wounded, we have no reports on NATO or civilian causalities. However it is know there has been widespread civil breakdown in many parts of West Germany. 

US planes based in the United States have also begun strikes in Nicaragua in support of Contra rebels after the Government began striking rebel bases in neutral Costa Rica. There is also reports of heavy fighting in Cuba around the American base at Guantanamo bay.

President Reagan is expected to address the nation late----"

Sabrina had to take her gaze away, while the events of the unfolding war were interesting she couldn't afford to loser her focus now. for someone like her that was extremely difficult, especially with the world falling apart. she continued her search for the General and left the room seeing familiar Wing Blue personal near some Tornados.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:28 pm

"Faster than any transit Ah've ever made." Cody remarked, looking away from the Tornado pilots for a minute. He motioned at the Aardvark crews.

"Our intrepid mud movers for tonight." He added.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:09 pm

"Concrete and steel movers, more like," Devon said.

Subha asked, "So you guys are gonna be watching our asses, huh?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 pm

"Yeah, and we get to see how the Fulcrum matches up with the Eagle. Floggers shouldn't be our worst nightmare." Cody chuckled.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Devon shook his head, "No.  SA-19s should."

Subha, who had heard Devon regale him with tales of how the SA-19 was the devil incarnate on the flight over, rolled his eyes.  "Yes, yes, we know.  The SA-19 will rise up and take over the world, leaving nothing but carnage in its wake."

"You're damned right it is!  I mean, have you SEEN those things?  It's like, 'Oh, you're flying high, no big deal, I'll just put a missile up your butt.  Oh, you're trying to get away by flying low?  HAH GOOD LUCK.'  There IS no minimum altitude with these things!"

Subha shrugged, "So we stay away from them.  Or make sure we have a nice solid hill between us and them."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:25 am

"Pardon my skepticism, but Ah doubt a system designed to be the Zeus's follow-on would be able to reach where we'll be cruising. Ah'd be more concerned about the SA-6, SA-11, and other systems such as that." Cody replied.

"So who'll be flying what positions?" Blaster 2-3, piloted by "Curly" Brocious, asked as the rest of the flight approached.

"We're coordinating that now." Cody replied, looking at Robert.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:34 pm

"Oh don't even get me STARTED on SA-11s.  You go high to stay away from the demon Tunguskas.  You think you're safe, right?  NOPE.  SA-11 be like NO SAFETY FOR YOU!"  

By now Subha realized that his WSO was getting a little too animated.  "Alright, Dexter, no more reading intelligence reports for you.  At least for the next week."

Devon protested, "But...  But then how will we know what we're up against?"

"You've already memorized everything we've got.  I THINK we'll be fine."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:45 pm

the base intercom activated 

"Attention will all members of Wing Blue's SARF please report to building Y near the control tower ASAP. Repeat all SARF personal to building Y ASAP. Thank You"
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:49 pm

"Well then for now we hope those F-4Gs do their job and in turn we do ours, compadre. Now Ah trust that you strikers won't try to play fighter and snipe any of the MiGs; we don't want to lose a jet cause y'all got greedy. Keep a channel with us and if any of those MiGs come after y'all, holler." The Lieutenant went on, chuckling at Devon's little act.

When the announcement was made, he put away the map and looked at his flight.

"Come on boys. Mr. Tipton, we can discuss as we walk." He said.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Subha nodded.  "No chance of that.  Unless one of those MiGs decides to come poking down in the weeds, we've got bigger priorities."  As the intercom came to life, he said, "Well, that's us.  Onward, gents."

Chewy raised an eyebrow.  "Wing Blue?  Really?  That's what you guys call yourselves?"

Subha shrugged as they walked towards the building, "Hey, I just fly for 'em.  I didn't pick the name."

Chewy simply shook his head disapprovingly.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:22 pm

"Right. Let's go Elenora." Robert said to his WSO as they headed toward Building Y with the others.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:19 pm

the Old Man was sitting in the rooms with a large map behind him. it had the locations of a number of targets highlighted 

I'll make this quick our target is Dessau Bridge its guarded by East German forces

Mig-23 x4
    SA-6 x2 (possibly 3)
    ZSU-23-4 x3
    -----
    expect possible reinforcements, Mig-23s and possibly 29s

any questions?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 pm