A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

ACST SF Campaign

Ronin201

Re: ACST SF Campaign

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:27 pm

March 26, 2025
    Tiger NAFB
    1400 Local

Old as it was, Crusher's Remington 870 was still a beautiful-sounding weapon when it went off. Brad generally made it a point to give himself time leading in the breaching team whenever they did this kind of thing. Everyone took their turn doing it, even Totoro. Granted for now the guy was outside the old VVS admin building while the rest of his team was breaching it to extract a Yuktobanian politician  in danger of being captured by invading Veruseans. Tobes kicked in the door and Brad rushed in, SCAR at the ready, after a flashbang had been deployed.

"ARIA SF! ARIA SF! Everybody down!" Brad shouted as he rushed in.

They'd been told to be ready for the politician to already be a hostage; sure enough dummy targets had been slid into the building just before it'd been cleared out to let the Deltas do their thing. Faced with the cutout of a mean-looking dark silhouette, Brad gave it three shots, one in the neck and two in the middle of the face. More sharp puffs filled the space as the two other "hostage takers" were gunned down. Brad moved forward, Roadkill in tow, while Mower checked the dummy representing the politician. The room led into another; Brad took Roadkill, Dodo, and Screwball to secure it. They made the same methodically entry they'd been trained to, and found it empty.

"Clear!" Brad shouted. He got about seven echo calls.

With the exercise over, the Lieutenant turned to his men and nodded stoically.

"Okay, outside for time and AAR." he ordered.

The men filed out of the space and downstairs, removing their helmets as they went. Brad gathered them near the front entrance, where Teiji now was. As he rehashed things with the team, he also made a mental note. ARIA SF was not a good term to yell out; he'd need to consult with the other officers on a better phrase when breaching to rescue people.

"Okay...that was about two minutes total. Not bad, not bad...can always be better, but I won't grill you all. Generally I want to remind you guys to keep your eyes and upper torsos on a swivel, not your heads. Weapon needs to stay forward and in sync with your eyeballs in case you have to engage someone. Also, we need to keep Mower inside a tighter perimeter while he's checking the HVI; the guy may be injured in real life." He began, speaking slowly and calmly. He got quiet nods from the men standing and crouching around him.

"Sir, if I may make a suggestion, maybe we could do some runs with Vamp? They've been in this business loner than me. They may have some extra help." Crusher suggested. Brad nodded.

"Once they're free, Sarge, we'll ask. Now Totoro, you looked as if you had something to say?" He replied.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:52 pm

March 26, 2025
    Tiger NAFB
    1400 Local

"Alright, you guys have all your shit unloaded?"  Genghis looked across the table at the leaders of the rest of the AFO teams sent as part of Task Force Raven.  Receiving nods from all of them, he continued, "Great.  We're basically sitting on our asses until we get the go order, which means that's the exact opposite of what we should do.  We got a kill house and range set up on the base last night.  I think the D-boys are using it right now.  We also have a shitload of cleanup to do.  These hangars look like a pigsty.  And then of course there's everyone's favorite pastime, planning."  As the assembled team leaders laughed, Genghis continued, "Anyway, Vamp is gonna be hitting the kill house so we can stretch our legs.  Anybody else wants a shot, get in line.  Also Mr. C told us to be on our best behavior.  This means you, Kiril."

The leader of AFO Werewolf, a former Yuktobanian Spetsnaz trooper, grinned through his beard. "Ah, you are having nothing to worry about from me, Genghis.  These are my people, remember?"

Genghis chuckled, "Yeah.  And the last time we were with 'your people' you nearly got us kicked out of the country.  Play nice, will ya?"

"Da, da."

"Well, that's all I've got.  I'm gonna go get my band of delinquents set up and hope the D-boys didn't break anything."  As the team leaders walked off to their respective spaces, Genghis held Kiril back.  "Hey, you still have those contacts of yours down south?"

"I believe some are still around, yes.  I assume you want me to see what I can get from them?"

"Yeah.  We may need as many friends as we can get."

"Understood.  I will see what I can do."

Last edited by shomu1 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:27 am

While another Delta team went through the motions of clearing the killhouse, practicing the mission of capturing a high-ranking Verusean general, Brad noted the approach of AFO Vampire. He hailed them with a raise of his hand and walked towards the men.

"Welcome to the fun, gents. Glad you came this way, Genghis; had a small issue we may wanna address." He said. The Captain glanced towards the action one more time, then his own men, who were checking their own weapons for a go at the scenario.

"When we extract HVIs from hot places, we'll need to consider something shorter to yell when we burst into the room. Something uninformed civvies can understand. In a rush, "ARIA SF" is gonna seem more like a jumble of letters than an understandable call. I was thinking maybe "NUN Rescue"? At least they'd understand part of it." He said.

As the Delta captain talked to his PMC counterpart, a GAZ Tigr slowed near them. A hourglass-figured woman with blonde hair dressed in an olive green Yuktobanian uniform approached, adjusting her peaked cap.

"Mr. Knight, Mr. Genghis, Lt. Ekaterina Notolvich, VVS Intelligence." She said, saluting the Osean officer. Brad returned it.

"What can we do for you, Lieutenant?" Brad asked, quietly mindful she was probably being eyed by much of his squad. He looked at them with an unimpressed glare to ensure they were more interested in their weapons. For once even Tobes surprised him; they hadn't so much as raised an eye towards her.

"We've got some information you may find valuble on the Verusean Maroon Tigers, specifically their commander. One Gerard LeMonte; We determined he replaced their old commander about six months ago. It's the first time they've recruited a foreigner." She said, keeping her tone low.

"LeMonte? San Salvacion type?" Brad replied, trying the word on his won tongue. She nodded.

"His picture and full file are inside." She nodded.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 am

Genghis thought for a moment about Brad's question.  "Just 'NUN.'  Short, simple, gets the job done.  And that's assuming we even want to announce who we are."

As Lt. Notolvich walked up, Genghis extended a hand to the Yuktobanian.  "Afternoon, ma'am."  Accepting the folder and flipping through it, he asked, "Anything we should be planning with regards to this guy?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:54 pm

"He's a veteran of both the 1998 Usean Rebellion and the Erusea-ISAF War. He was discharged for abusing Erusean EPWs during 2007's Operation Katina. After that he became a relatively unknown mercenary until he helped trained Leasath's special forces and was plucked from the exiles that fled to this region." She added, quoting parts of the file.

Gerard had hair that was indicative of prior military service, though only because it was short on the sides. The top of the platinum blonde mane had grown considerably. The file's best photo showed him currently in Verusean military fatigues, paramilitary beret and everything. His face was bony and looked permanently unhappy.

"Prone to quick fits of rage, namely in the form of shooting men responsible for acts of insubordination..." Brad read, looking at the file himself.

"Sounds like a James Bond villain knockoff." He added.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 am

Genghis said dryly, "Sounds like Mr. Clark..."  After a pause for dramatic effect he added hastily, "Just kidding."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:00 am

"Then I guess we can fight fire with fire." Brad said with a smirk. He looked at Ekaterina.

"Is there anything else we may need to know at this time, Lieutenant?" He asked. She shook her head.

"We'll have a reorganized chart of the Verusean command structure ready for you all by 1630, to include LeMonte and other new HVTs."

With that, Ekaterina accepted the file and left to return to her post.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:07 pm

The VDV men walked in from their own kill house run. removing his helmet, Dima took a long swig of water, as did the rest of his unit. 

"Are we late?" asked Kostya, jokingly.

"Well, considering the intel lady just left, what do you think, cyka?" said Ruslan.

"What's the news?" asked Dima, ignoring the two younger men's prodding at each other.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:34 pm

'We got a face for the Verusean paramilitary branch: ex-Legionnaire known as LeMonte. Vet of the 03-05 war in Usea, prone to shooting his own men if they screw up enough. Briefing at 1630 to give us a new picture of the Verusean command structure." Brad said. He looked over at his team.

"Hey, you cavemen ready to go for a run on the killplane?" He shouted.

"Yes sir!" They belted back. He looked at his fellow officers.

"Anything else we have to discuss, gents?" He asked.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:51 pm

"He sounds like my ex-girlfriend," joked Kostya. 

Dima shook his head, "Not at this time, Knight, GRU is prepping an updated OOB from our currently deployed recce team." 

Turning to his men, he said, "Alright, back to the grinder, shotgun breeches!"

The men snapped to attention and shouted, "Yes Captain!" nodding to the other team lead, Dima pulled his balaclava over his face and placed his helmet on his head.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Genghis shook his head, "Nope, nothin'.  Now if you'll excuse me we have evil rubber men to kill."

Grabbing his weapon and helmet from Preacher, Genghis gestured to the rest of AFO Vampire to gather around.  "Alright gents, just like usual."

Voodoo asked, "Boss, hammer or charge?"

"Hammer.  We can't go around blasting every building on base."

"Check."

With that, the team formed up and moved toward the building.  Stacking up, Genghis gestured for Preacher to come forward.  The big machine gunner slung his M60, drawing a sledgehammer from his backpack.  "Three...  Two...  One..."

After "One," Voodoo swung the massive hammer, busting the door open.  Immediately, Preacher, followed by Dingo, rushed in, Preacher clearing right with Dingo clearing left.  "Clear!"  the rest of the team followed, moving down the hallway to the room that had been designated the target.  

Genghis whispered, "Shotgun breach.  Four man."

Voodoo placed his shotgun on the door handle, waiting for Genghis' go.  The short man nodded, and Voodoo blasted the lock followed by the two hinges, kicking in the door and tossing in a flashbang.

After the pyrotechnic went off, Preacher rushed in again, followed by Dingo, Genghis, and Tick, yelling "NUN! NUN!  GET DOWN!"  A pair of humanoid targets popped up, and were promptly ventilated by Preacher and Dingo's SR16s.  When they were down, Preacher finished his sweep before calling, "1 Clear!" 

"Two clear!"

"Three clear!"

"Four clear!"

Lowering his weapon, Genghis said calmly, "All clear.  Nice job, gents."

Preacher simply nodded in acceptance.  Zeus spoke up, "Well, of course it is.  It's us."

Genghis frowned, "No reason to get cocky, Zeus."

"Yeah, I know, just saying.  Gotta admit it gets kinda boring for me at the ass end of the stack when Preacher and Dingo get to have all the fun."

Dingo said flatly, "We can trade if you like."

Zeus chuckled, "Nah, bro.  You've got this down."

Genghis said, "Too bad.  Next time you're Two.  Dusty, point, Voodoo, 3, me as 4."

Zeus sighed, "Me and my big mouth..."

Preacher grinned, "You and your big mouth."

Genghis called on the radio, "Alright Ewan, reset us."

A heavily accented Erusian voice came over the radio, "Copy 'at, Genghis!"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:30 am

Brad admitted the need to do things revolving around planes wasn't what he'd envision much of action in Verusea would be like, but it was still something that demanded fine-tuning. Delta was the prime force for rescuing hostages, so something like this wasn't new. However it was no less dangerous.

Brad carefully moved underneath the old Tu-114 as the rubber ladder was positioned by Teiji. Dodo was up the ladder first with a breaching charge ready to place. He looked back towards the front, where the team led by Crusher. The Captain lined up behind Teiji while Dodo carefully backed down and let the team get into position. He looked towards Screwball and nodded. The two blew the charges simultaneously.

"NUN, NUN, everybody down!" Brad and Crusher yelled in near unison.

As per tactics to both make the takedown safe for the rescuers and to make things fast, the SOP was to aim to your left. As Teiji put a burst into the simulated target in the rows of seats, Brad and Roadkill went to the back and cleared the rear galley. Up front, Crusher and Tobes cleared the forward galley and the cockpit.

"Clear!" Mower shouted to Totoro.

"Clear!" He echoed back. The galley teams followed suit.

"Okay, run it again! This time we're going to use the vehicles to stop the craft!" Brad yelled. The commandos filed out.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:11 pm

March 26, 2025
    RFS Valkyrie SF Briefing Spaces
    Tiger Harbor
    1500 Local

“So the teams are running drills for the time being.  We start prepping for insert tomorrow night.  Daci, any news from your end?”

Daciana shook her head, concealing the fact that she had been distracted once again. “Nothing, Mr. Clark.”

“Hurricane?  Reaper?”

Gale and Reaper both shook their heads in the negative.  

“Excellent.  Gale, I believe you have a Yuke intel officer to meet with.  Hop to it.  We’ll adjourn for now.”

Gale nodded as the people in the room began to leave.  “Roger that, Mr. C.”  As she left the room, she caught up with Daci.  “Soooo, how’d it go?”

“Hmm?”

“You spent the night with our dear blackfish, didn’t you?  You tell him?”

The Estovakian shook her head.  “No…  The timing wasn’t right.”

Gale sighed, “Daci, he’s not gonna know if you don’t tell him.  He’s GOING to keep thinking these are just hookups of convenience.”

“I know…”

“So tell him.  Soon.  Sooner you do, the sooner he gets over whatever shock there may or may not be.”

“I will.”

“Good.  Anyway I gotta go.”

March 26, 2025
    ARIA Special Operations Briefing Room
    Tiger NAFB
    1600 Local

Ekaterina slid the photo back into the folder and took out a new one. More of the same: movements of all kinds at the tactical level, generally in the form of mechanized forces. The Veruseans were even using terrain deemed ill-suited for pushing such forces through. The winding roads in the Žaba Planina range had seen more tanks and IFVs over the past days than ever before. This development had only come recently with tensions rising. It had been determined the Verusean military had gotten a little reckless, and that they were freely using Nikanor and the UN’s restraint to cut corners.

Such an event, if it were capitalized on quick enough, could make for some excellent intelligence gathering and carefully-executed sabotage prior to interdiction by aircraft. No one knew still where the elite Zlatnigrad Division was going; they were floating in deployment limbo. Ekaterina sighed and massaged her temples. Her department was getting so little at times it was negating their basic function. She was glad more Special Forces teams were being deployed to gather the much-needed details beyond what had already been known for weeks. Assets from conventional forces could only gather so much, and Ekaterina wasn’t privileged to know everything.

She took a long drink of the coffee she had as she looked over the next photo, detailing the movements of the Verusean’s paramilitary forces, the Maroon Tigers, in the area. The movement of less well-equipped irregulars was especially worrying, as it meant Verusa was ready to go all-out. According to reports Kat had read, the group wasn’t known for being kind or administering martial law humanely all the time. Another group of criminals given uniforms and lawful protection.

Seeing that she was still alone, Kat toyed with some of her hair and pulled out her phone. She considered texting Mark before he went off to do more training flights. The carrier and its group had been operating in the South Eusian Ocean near Sotoa, and was pulled away from monitoring and shadow boxing with the People’s Republic to tend to other matters. Mark had his quiet reservations about not fighting from a carrier, and having her near a warzone, but that’d been a long-done discussion. A painful one. If he brought it up again she’d have him moving into her quarters sooner than she’d planned. The woman noted the door opened across the way, and looked up, hoping it was the representative from Rosenthal’s intelligence section.

Gale walked through the door.  Noticing Kat look up at the sound, she walked over. “Lieutenant Notolvich, I presume?”

Kat stood up and nodded, offering a hand.

“Miss Ekaterina or Ekaterina is fine, if you prefer. But yes, that’s me. Gale Sarkar?” She said with her usual warm smile.

“That’s me.  My backup should be joining us shortly.  She had some last minute materials to pick up.”  Gale replied with an equally warm smile, accepting Ekaterina’s handshake.  “You were on the flight line yesterday, weren't you?  I got caught up in business and don't believe I got to speak with you.”

“Yes I’d gone out to greet Marky...er, the Osean Navy detachment sent here. My boyfriend is their acting second in command and also helps the operations officer of his squadron. He’ll be working with intelligence a little more than usual during his tenure here.” She confirmed, catching herself partway.

Gale chuckled, “I see.  So was he the brunette or the blonde?”

“The tall brunette with the glasses and the country accent. Mark Walker.”

“Ah, right.” As Gale opened her mouth to ask a question, Daci burst through the room.

“Apologies, the intel shop was taking longer than usual.” Placing her briefcase on the table, Daci smoothed out her skirt and regained her composure.

Gale chuckled at the flustered Estovakian.  “You’re losing your touch, Daci.”

Kat tilted her head, unsure of what Gale meant by her remark.

Daci frowned, “It has been a hectic few days, Miss Sarkar.”

Still thoroughly amused by the normally hyper-efficient Estovakian’s recent frazzlement, Gale nodded. “Yeah, fair enough.  Anyway, to business.”

“Yes, what have they told you so far?” Kat asked, taking the folders off the table she’d been sitting at.

“Plan for two week mounted strat recon deployment, insertion at the border.  Also to avoid local forces where possible due to concerns about reliability,” Gale said. the Yuktobanian nodded and thumbed through what she had.

“We’re you briefed on specifics? LeMonte and the Maroon Tigers? The Zlatnigrad Division? Aurora, and not the Osean spyplane.”

Gale nodded, “Yes. Info on Aurora is a bit spotty for us, but we managed to get a decent amount.”

“You aren’t alone; we’ve only acquired a rough idea of the device. The Verusean’s counterintelligence program seems to center heavily on defending it. Everything else seems to be easy enough to spy on and decypher sooner or later, except that.” Ekaterina nodded. She looked at Daci.

“Where are my manners? Lieutenant Ekaterina Notolvich, Yuktobanian Air Force.” Ekaterina said, offering a hand again to the quiet woman.

Daci accepted the handshake, “Daciana Ionescu, Rosenthal.  A pleasure.”

With introductions out of the way, Ekaterina invited them to sit and cleared her throat..

“I do have to meet with Marky...Lieutenant Walker soon after this briefing, so it’s best we have everything sorted out now. As you mentioned we’re sending teams into Verusean territory to gather strategic intel. We plan to insert teams throughout the country, given the number of forces we have. Plans have also been made to send teams into Verusa’s allies. They’ve remained quiet, but we don’t want them being unnoticed and getting away with things while Verusa has our attention. Contingency plans have also been started for preemptive sabotage, assassination, and kidnapping of individuals considered valuable to us. As you may also know we can be called on to rescue anyone from VIPs to the pilots here.” She explained, flipping through a few pages.

Gale nodded, “Yup.  But we’ll cross those bridges when we get to them.  Priorities for us right now are the CSAR plan and getting the teams into and out of Verusa, as well as which teams go where.”

Daci spoke up, “Yes.  We have been working on tentative plans on our end using the forces we have with us.”

“I was told you have the proper aircraft to insert our teams. My own military can’t seem to offer up much, and the Oseans seem to think you should be sufficient.” Ekaterina pointed out.

Gale nodded, “That we do.”

“Very well, then I’ll leave the planning of that matter to you and anyone you’d need to coordinate with to get clear airspace.” Ekaterina nodded. She picked up the photo of the Versean troops moving through Žaba Planina and slid it across the table.

“This came in earlier; 18th Mechanized Division, the one used to crush the 2019 demonstrations for reform in Dubrovar. We believe the Veruseans are freely abusing the situation to move troops quickly. It’s the perfect time to look for holes and opportunities.” She said with a small, somewhat evil, smile.

Gale said slyly, “I can think of a guy and his M60 gunner who would have a field day with this.”

“We also have reports, confirmed ones, that they’ve deployed their own Special Forces to the area.” Ekaterina added.

“Hmm.  Hopefully our guys and theirs don’t run into each other.”

“We know a great deal about them. I can forward you what Rosenthal would need to know.”

“That would be appreciated.”

“Very well...is there anything else we need to discuss before the operators arrive?”

Gale shook her head.  “Nothing I can think of.  Daci?”

“Nothing for me either.”

“Very well, feel free to have some of the coffee in the corner.” Ekaterina said as she motioned towards her mug. The woman looked down and decided to text Mark, at least for her own sake.

“Texting your Bana City rap sensation?”

“Hmm? Marky hates rap…” Kat asked, tilting her head innocently.

“I take it you’ve never heard of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.”

Kat shook her head.

Gale chuckled, “It’s too bad.  I’m sure your Marky would love being compared to such paragons of hip hop as them.”

Kat chuckled and smiled proudly. “No one can compare to my Marky, no matter how much they insist otherwise.”

“But I’ll have to find out who this other Marky is when I have free time. For now we have soldiers to inform.” She added, getting back to business.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 pm

Sliding up to the door, Dima whispered, "Door, prep for ballistic breach." Kir pulled the cut down KS-23 up from its resting place on his back, and pushed it against the doorknob. Boom! The handle flew off and Dima kicked in the door, then sent a flashbang flying. They followed it in, yelling, "Stoy! NUN, NUN!" Dima engaged two of the targets in a smooth sweep, putting 3 9x39 rounds into the hostiles' chest cavity. Kir Took down one with a burst to the stomach, Kostya ended one target in the extreme righthand corner, and Ruslan planted two rounds inbetween the eyes of the hostage holder. 

"Clear!"

"Clear!" 

The team safed their AS Vals, and stepped out of the shoothouse.

"Good run men," said Dima after a long pull from his CamelBak. "Any notes?" 

"We were a bit clunky on entry though, those Oseans are very smooth,  we need to emulate them." stated Kir. 

The other men grunted an agreement. 

"Is that all?" asked Dima. Bodark 3-3 responded with a resounding "SIR YES SIR!"

"Alright, again!" yelled Dima, moving back to the start point.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:45 am

"...Okay, that was a pretty good set of runs, guys. We identified our wrinkles and ironed them out; by those last few runs we were running it so smooth we could probably be deployed now and rescue HVIs with no problem." Bard told his team as they stood around for the last after action report of the day.

The Deltas all glanced over again as the VDV team made another run, started by the sound of a flashbang.

"Hopefully we won't be doing direct action for some time, so with that in mind the coming times out in the bush will emphasize far more on recon and intel-gathering. Metal-Gear type sneaking around, without the boxes." Brad went on, smirking at the end. the expression was mirrored by his team.

"We have two briefings coming up. One is in about fifteen minutes on the general plan for recon into Verusa with both Rosenthal intel and a rep from NUN's intel. Second will be with the rest of the Delta's deployed here. That one will be on the possible dispersion of us to make us less of an easy target." He went on. Nods and murmured "yes sir"s followed.

"Are there any final comments regarding today's exercises?" the Captain added. No one said much.

"Okay then, see you all at the brief. It's at the usual spot." He finished.

The group broke up and Brad went off on his own. He noted aircraft taking off from the base, more transports. The place had been acting as a halfway point for anyone going south for just about the entire time he'd been here, and if how much he was seeing pass through was any sign, they were buffing the border as much as they could. He realized he hadn't called Faith since he'd gotten here...maybe he could find some time outside of all the preparation to head south. Probably after the briefing with the Rosenthal and NUN people. dropping off most of his gear at his tent in the hangar, he went on to the briefing room.

"Afternoon." He said as he walked in. The man recognized Ekaterina.

"Lieutenant Nolotvich." He nodded.

"Hello again, Captain." She replied with a smile.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:10 am

Finishing their run, the VDV safed their rifles once more and fetched water. Taking a long swig, Dima said, 

"Good job men, we are still a little awkward with the stairs, but we are getting there. I have just been informed that the main brief is in 10 minutes, GRU will be holding a second brief with other teams an hour later."

"Shit's about to get real." remarked Kostya. 

"Any questions? No? Right, lets get to our cages and drop off our gear."

The men chatted as they strolled towards the hangar. Dima went to his bunk an opened up the locker next to it. He set his now unloaded AS Val inside the locker. Then he removed his helmet, a western Ops-Core, then his dark green balaclava. Setting those aside, he removed his 6B45 armor with its integrated chest rig. The new Ratnik gear wasn't issued to the unit, but Dima had bartered, bribed and stolen his way through the bureaucracy in order to equip his men. He left his Gorka-E pants on but removed the hoody and replaced the undershirt with his old sniper team shirt. The rest of the men had also switched into something more comfortable, and the began their long walk to the briefing room.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:42 pm

The members of the Rosenthal AFO teams walked toward the briefing room.  Thumper, the leader of AFO Druid, asked Genghis, "Wot do ye think they're draggin' us into this briefin' for?  We've already gotten our briefs."

Genghis shrugged.  "Can never have more intel.  Plus we haven't briefed the other guys.  Gotta make sure they're on the same page."

"Fair enoof."

Pushing the door open, Genghis greeted Gale, who was standing at the head of the room, while Dusty went to mingle with the members of Outlaw, who had already taken their seats.  "Morning, Hurricane."

"You're late."

"Sorry, ma'am.  Killhouse was more crowded than expected."

"Hmm.  Thumper, good to see you again."

"Marm."

"Kiril, I see you still have an allergy to showering."

Kiril shrugged.  "What can I say, Uraganyeva?"

"Nothing.  But you CAN wash that borscht-encrusted ass of yours.  Back of the room with ya, ya lout."

The Yuktobanian sighed, "Yes ma'am..."

Zeus chuckled, "Burn..."

Gale turned to him next.  "No lip from you, little man.  We're already behind schedule.  Get a seat so we can get started already.  I've got other shit to do than teach you degenerates, you know."

"But...  I'm like two inches taller than you."

The look on Gale's face was unchanged.

"Yeah okay..."  Chastened, Zeus took a seat, followed by the rest of Vampire, Genghis nodding to Kat in greeting as well.

As the assorted PMC SF teams took their seats, Gale sat up on the table.  "Now then.  Seems we're missing one more team."

Daci nodded.  "Yes.  The Spetsnaz unit."

Voodoo murmured, "And I thought we were the late ones..."

"You still are.  They're just later than you are."

Last edited by shomu1 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:50 pm

As Voodoo said that, the door opened to reveal the Spetsnaz Team. Stepping into the room, Dima and his team nodded to their PMC counterparts, then saluting Gale and Kat, he said,

'Captain Dima of the 98th Detached Reconnaissance Regiment." The rest of the team also saluted, and took their seats in the row to the right of AFO Vampire.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:41 pm

"Heya Dusty." Tobes said, holding up a hand. He nodded to Totoro.

"If you wanna be with your kind, he's right here." the LMG handler smirked.

Brad looked at the collection of PMC teams. He had to wonder what made his one team so special that they were the only Deltas being briefed here. Oh well, it wasn't his place to make that call. His Senior noncom leaned towards him.

"Feels like Team Rainbow on a double overdose of roids." He whispered.

"I know...why are we here, though? Riddle me that, Crusher."

"Cause we rescued the Defense Minsietr of Auerilia in 2022? Cause we offed Khalid Haffiz-Wakami? Cause we're well hung? Take your pick, Cap; we're here. Maybe they want us to help the PMCs directly."

Once everyone was seated, Kat cleared her throat.

"Good afternoon everyone, I know you must all be tired of briefings but we do have some updated information that will affect our plans. We have been cleared for route and area recon of the Verusean forces moving towards the border with Yuktobania. Miss Gale will be laying out the plan, while I will provide you all with what to look out for the most and information on the local forces. We also have a little to pass on, for those who haven't heard, about the commander of the Maroon Tigers and Project Aurora. Miss Gale?" She began as the projector was turned on.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:43 pm

"Thank you.  Now.  CRT guys are already clued in, but you D-boys and Spetsnaz folks are a bit behind, so this is just a quick talk so you get on the same page.  Daci?"  Gale addressed Daci, who clicked over to a projection of a large tactical map of the border area.  "So.  The plan.  You're going to be deployed at the border.  Kit out for a two-week strat recon.  As you know, tensions are high.  In the interest of being proactive, we're putting you in now.  BEFORE things go pear shaped."

Genghis raised his hand.

"Genghis?"

"Why so early?  Things do go sideways, that's gonna be a hell of a lot of armor heading our way."

"Secondary plan is for you to act as stay-behinds if things DO get pear-shaped."

"Got it."

"Now.  You'll be running 2 vics per team.  Resupply is by War Pigs."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:38 am

Brad arched his eyebrows. He was somewhat familiar with Rosenthal's "War Pigs"; a loud, angry Erusean named Ewan had shown him the machines. Those could only carry so much, he knew, and they needed to be resupplied. There were also no real local causes to ally with; they'd be alone in a generally hostile country. If there were some guerrillas or somebody who was sympathetic to so much as let you take a pull from their well, they hadn't been found. Genghis's points also brought a question into the Delta Captain's mind.

"I know being stay-behinds was just mentioned, but is there any plan to either maintain a supply chain or extract us after a set period following the invasion?" He asked. It'd didn't have to be said that Special Forces units weren't invincible, especially against a mechanized army.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:15 pm

"Our initial plan will be to extract you southeast of the enemy's perceived main axis of advance." Kat spoke up. She moved to a map of the region.

"All-source intel suggests they'll likely commit a left hook in to Tara aimed towards the provincial capital at Gunizudo. There's also the suggestion that they'll make a small move towards Zabograd, which is a major strategic port for Yuktobania." She explained, pointing the respective subjects.

"Your operating area will be here, so you will maneuver towards the far eastern part of Verusa, near the Gulf of Verusa, where we will extract you to a forward operating base near Zabograd. The secondary extraction route will have you follow the wake of the Verusean advance towards Gunizudo before proceeding due north towards friendly lines." Kat went on.

She could read their looks and they could read hers. They all knew it was one of the less comforting extraction plans devised in most of their careers. The veterans of Yuktobania in 2010 had the advantage of their army being on the offensive and a clear picture of who supported who. The few veterans of Belka had the comfort of knowing they were surrounded by friendly and neutral countries.

Brad noted such conditions and also made some quick reminders on how this would affect their supply needs and what to do in case they had to move on foot. For now they'd roll in JLTV-Rs and on foot. Per SOP, they'd be doing most of their local ops on foot while the JLTV would be for running over long distances. He made note to ensure they were pretty flexible in their role.

"Are there any further questions for now? Next brief will be at 0900 tomorrow; we'll be covering the current Verusean command structure and individuals of interest. As a note, we'll also be disseminating our assets soon to avoid getting taken all out at once. Ensure you're properly prepared for the move!" She concluded.

With that the units were dismissed. Brad flipped through a few pages of his notes and compared them to his area of assignment. His team and him would be deployed in the West, in the Zaba Planina Range. In the thick of the Verusean advance, he noted. The life of a Delta, he figured.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:53 pm

March 28, 2025 (Local Time: 0900)
    Special Operations
    Tiger NAFB

Brad traced the lines between each man and various organizations with his eyes. From President Vladislav to the commanders of each division parked south of the border...Lieutenant Notlovich and her companions had done a really good job. The aforementioned Yuktobanian walked to the front and tapped a pointer against the center of the whole affair.

"Per Tara Military District Command's orders, all special forces units in the region are to be briefed on a contingency plan: Operation Circuit Breaker. The objective of this operation will be the assassination or capture of certain individuals we believe to be central parts to the Verusean command structure. Here you can see the individuals to be targeted." She began.

Immediately Brad had to question how they planned to swipe or slot the Verusean president. No doubt he was sitting himself behind numerous layers of defense and counter-intelligence down there in Zlatingrad. The lesser types, at least those outside Zlatingrad, would likely be easier no matter their position in the country. Ekaterina brought attention to a middle-aged man with a thin face, long nose and graying blonde hair cut like a military man's.

"This man is "General" Gerard LeMonte, formerly of the San Salvacion Foreign Legion. He heads up the Maroon Tigers, the paramilitary force of Verusa. His importance lies in that he's the field commander for the force. While we don't expect his removal from the position to cause any immediate or cataclysmic damage, we do believe he'll provide us with some useful insight on the unit." Ekaterina explained. Crusher had immediate doubts.

"What if he doesn't talk?" He asked when acknowledged. A dark cloud passed over Kat's face, but she kept smiling.

"We have ways." She promised. The Operators in the room all shifted uncomfortably.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Looking at the list, Voodoo asked, "So when we buyin' a plane ticket?"  

Dusty snorted.  "You?  Doing AFO?  Yeah right."

"Hey I can blend in just fine thankya very much."

"Sure, until you get pissed and punch somebody in the face," Zeus quipped.  

Genghis cleared his throat, silencing his teammates.  "So how much of a priority are LeMonte's boys?  Am I to assume he's a capture not a kill?"

Preacher said calmly, "We're gonna need more than the head honcho if we're going to want to put actual hurt on the Tigers."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Ignoring anyone unsettled by the fact that a cheery-looking girl could "make someone talk", Ekaterina readily answered questions.

"Yes, with him the priority is to capture him. The Maroon Tigers are the best Verusa has to offer; they know the terrain and they know how to operate alone and under-equipped. They don't have the diversity of skills our side has, they don't need them. This is their turf and it's the only place they intend to fight." She replied.

"Do we know their force strength? Disposition?" Brad asked.

"They're a regiment in strength, and they tend to deploy company-sized units to regular formations. We can expect them to assist in security, countering us, recon and covert action against us just across the border." Ekaterina said.

Weapon Loadouts:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 pm