A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

ACST SF Campaign

shomu1

Re: ACST SF Campaign

Post by shomu1 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:49 pm

"How rigid is their command structure?  By that I mean how much independent authority do subordinate unit commanders have?  How badly will it hurt them if LeMonte is taken out of the picture?"  Genghis asked.

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:44 am

"The effects will not be immediate, but we'll have the means to break down that command structure. By being able to glean a clear picture of how they work, we'll be able to force them to operate the doctrine they've all trained on for years during their buildup. If we don't, then we'll force them to change...and as we all know you can't just change doctrine in a day." Ekaterina explained.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:53 pm

March 30, 2025 (Local Time: 2130)
    “Snake Eater Territory”
    Tiger NAFB

Gale walked into the briefing room, casting a glance over the assembled operators.  Without breaking stride, she made her way to the large whiteboard at the front of the room and wrote in large block letters, “BLACK PEARL.”

Sitting in the front row, Voodoo’s eyes widened and he said in an excited whisper, “Oh hell yes…”

Zeus sighed.  “Dude…”

“This is gonna be fun!”

From his seat, Crusher leaned forward and cocked a brow at Voodoo.

“What’s got your dick all hard?” He asked.

“Both of you can it,” Dusty hissed at Voodoo and Zeus.

“You’ll see…”  Vooodoo said to Crusher with a pleased smirk before being silenced by a glare from Gale.

“Now that the schoolchildren are done gossiping, maybe we can start.  So.  As you have probably heard.  Shit got real this morning.  Verusean forces fired on Osean Navy vessels and downed a Seahawk.  ISR’s got troops moving towards the border.”

Knight raised a hand at the mention of what ISR had dug up. “In addition to the divisions already along Tara’s border?”

Before Gale could answer, Kat came rushing in, holding a manila folder to her chest to avoid spilling its contents all over the place. She hurried to Gale’s side.

“Yes, plus we have those divisions already in place moving from their laagers.  But I’m sure Kat can enlighten us.”

“It appears that we have a new player in this game as well…” She muttered. The woman opened the folder and cleared her throat.

“About ten minutes ago, we got sent a copy of a GRU report that orders for mobilization have been sent to two Kalugan Mechanized Divisions.” She announced.

“Considering this updated strategic situation, our existing plan for TF Raven to run AFO in the border region has been cancelled.  Insert would be far too risky with the sheer amount of hardware down there, and it’s starting to get extremely crowded.  Instead, we’re dusting off Black Pearl.  I know Voodoo knows what it is, judging by that cheeky-ass grin on his face.  But some of you are new, and some of you have shitty memories,” Gale said with a smirk, looking at Kiril, who shrugged good-naturedly, “So I’ll refresh.  Black Pearl is a contingency plan.  In case of an intractable situation at the border, TF Raven assets will embark on the ENS Valkyrie and sail south, launching direct action raids on Verusean and Kalugan assets with the intent of interdicting rear-area forces while remaining mobile to prevent counterattack.”

“I assume, or I at least hope, that Delta will have a part in this?” Knight asked.

“That is correct.  The rest of your troop will still be running AFO, albeit with a MUCH smaller footprint, but you lucky gentlemen get to ride with us.  Get your eyepatches, Outlaw 2.  You’re pirates now.”

Knight nodded in understanding.

“Yo ho ho,” Tick said flatly.

Voodoo could barely conceal his excitement, a rather incongruous picture considering his normally gruff exterior.

Gale rolled her eyes in amusement.  “Yes, Voodoo, this means you get to blow shit up.”

Last edited by shomu1 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:12 am

A Few Days Later
    ENS Valkyrie

As the blinking lights of the Tiger harbor buoys disappeared into the haze, Reaper squatted down next to Gale, who sat perched on the refueling probe of Category Five.  "Miss him?"

"Not the first time we've done this, boss," Gale said, looking out over the row of black helos folded on the deck, still remembering the familiar feeling of Sharky's usual farewell butt-squeeze.

"Doesn't mean you don't."

"True.  Yes, I miss him.  Irina too.  Always do."  Gale shifted on the probe, leaning back against the nose.  "But they'll be fine.  As long as Sharky manages to make sure Irina sleeps and eats on time."

"Yeah, she can get pretty carried away, huh?"

"You have no idea.  But it's not them I'm worried about.  It's Daci and Shams."

"Oh?"  Reaper raised an eyebrow.

"They made a big step.  And Sharky's good, but I don't know if he's got the skills to get them through this without them killing each other.  Or Shams going into a death spiral."

"Like five years ago?"

"Exactly.  And we can't afford that shit now.  It was costly enough then."

"It'll be fine, Hurricane.  Daci's a tough broad.  Shamu's smart enough to know the right path."

"Yeah, but you know me."

"Yeah, you're  a worrier.  But enough about that.  Pearl."

Gale nodded.  "Pearl.  I'm actually kinda excited about it."

"Been hanging around Voodoo?"

The blonde chuckled.  "Could say that.  Speaking of which.  DAPs?"

"Hey you know I love me some 30 Mike Mike."

"And I live for that shit."

"Coin?"

"Coin."

Reaper pulled out a well-worn 161st SOAR challenge coin, a relic of his time with Osean Army Special Operations Aviation.  "Heads I get guns, tails you."

"Works for me."

With a nod, Reaper flicked the coin up in the air, grabbing it on its way down with a dramatic flourish and slapping it on the back of his hand.  "Son of a bitch."

"HAH!  Enjoy your Winnebagos, old man!" Gale crowed.  "I'll be over here, busting heads and kicking ass while you're pickin' up groceries."

"Yeah, yeah, you have your fun," Reaper said dismissively.  "But we're both sharing Osprey sorties."

Gale shrugged.  "Works for me."

"Good.  We should probably get below soon.  Natives'll get restless."

"Yeah.  Gimme a few.  I'll be on your six."

"Check."

As Reaper headed towards the nearest entrance to the bowels of the ship, Gale leaned back against the nose of her helo, musing on the operations to come.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:26 pm

April 2, 2025 (Local Time: 2130)
    ENS Valkyrie
    Somewhere in the South Pacific

Knight was trying not to start talking in an Erusean accent as he walked down the hall to the part of the assault ship given to two eight-man teams of Deltas and the small support detachment rolling along with them. He'd just spent the last hour talking to one of Rosenthal SF's head mechanics, a scowling, loud Erusean named Ewan. After going over the four JLTV-SFs on the ship, their accommodations and the like, Ewan had briefed him, Crusher, and the other team's two leaders on War Boars. The briefing had included a lot of swearing and heavily-accented language. Knight was sure an insult had been flung at him once or twice but he hadn't been able to tell.

The land-based vehicles were to remain unused for now, though. The name of the game was assaulting in via helo or inserting far away, sneaking in and sneaking out after doing what they'd been sent to do. The platforms they'd be operating with would be the same ones Knight had trained to do work with and even ones he'd worked with on the few actual missions he'd gone on. Granted those missions had officially never happened.

"Heya El-Tee!" Toby called from the room he shared with Screwball and Totoro. Brad held up a hand and gave a quick reply.

"Oh uh El-Tee, wanna play some Poker with us?" Toby added, hurrying to his door and poking his head out. Brad stopped and looked back.

"No thanks, I suck at Poker so I'm not gonna play a losing game." He chuckled.

Toby commented how that was good for himself, but didn't push it as his commander walked on. He retreated to his small quarters and discarded his boots, fatigue pants and blouse before lowering himself onto the bunk. He pulled out his laptop and opened up a folder filled with pictures of him and his girlfriend, Audrey. The "adorkable" girl who worked in nano-machine research was never very fashionable or social or any of that, but to Brad she was the prettiest girl he'd ever met. He wanted to see her face as many times as he could before they got to work. Once the fight was rolling, he douvted he'd even have time to dream about her.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:39 pm

"Ay, D-boy.  Knight, wasn't it?"  Voodoo's nasal Bana accent rang out as the big M60 gunner knocked on the wall before leaning up against the doorframe.  "Missin' yuh girl?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 am

Knight looked up at him and cocked a brown.

"Oh yeah, you're the guy who nearly creamed his panties over the change in strategy, right? Voodoo?" He said, pretending he'd forgotten the guy's name.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:30 am

Kostya leaned over the side of the LHD, vomiting out the remains of his breakfast. 

"Having fun yet?" asked Ruslan, no small amount of mocking in his voice. 

"FUCK YOU!" exclaimed Kostya, as he retched one last time. 

"Now that you've finished your ritual, may we get below decks for the briefing?" asked Dima in a sarcastic tone. "Come, we have an major update."

Minutes later:

The Spetsnaz team had listened carefully to the brief. Deep interdiction had been GRU's job for a long time and the sudden addition of new plans had made the Yuketobanian team lead suddenly nervous. Despite his veteran status, deep raids had never been his team's job. he was used to getting in and out as fast as possible without being seen. however, he steeled himself to the challenge, he knew his men would rise to the challenge. 

Days later

Dima had never been on a boat this long before. The VMF Diver teams had more experience with ship to shore operations and he had to wonder what idiot at GRU had decided to put an airborne unit on a ship. 

Having finished his near daily inspection of his gear, which had never been to sea, he walked up a set of the steep stairs and followed a sign towards his bunk. He walked past a couple of the berths and stick his head into Ruslan and Kostya's compartment. A bag of sunflower seeds were open and the men where seeing who could spit their shells into the small waste basket on the other side of the room.

"Ruslan, is the IVECO secure?" he asked in his thick Yuktobanian 

"Da, the PMCs were just getting it ratcheted down as I showed up. I exchanged some paper work, they are all ready to go." 

"Good, I want a daily inspection of it, nothing goes wrong, understand."

"Da Captain!" he exclaimed in a joking tone.

Ducking out of the room, he passed the ongoing poker game and decided to ask, "Looking for another player?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:48 am