A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Ace Combat: Wing Blue Mission 1: A Bridge Too Far

shomu1

Re: Ace Combat: Wing Blue Mission 1: A Bridge Too Far

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Dexter, who was craning his head back to see if he could get an eye on the pursuing MiG-23s, saw the flash as the R-60 was launched. "Two!  Missile!  Break!"

Chewy exclaimed, "Shit!" as he broke left, Daren punching flares out of the right side dispensers.  However, due to the damage to their wing, they were not able to evade completely.  The R-60 was decoyed by the flares, but ended up detonating 50 feet behind the F-111, perforating the horizontal stabilizers and the vertical tail. 

Inside Hammer 1-2, it felt like a hammer had shook the aircraft.  As the shaking subsided, Chewy looked over at Daren and asked, "Are we dead yet?"

"I don't think so."

Subha radioed, "Two, you guys okay?"

"We took a hit, boss, but I think we're okay for now."

By now the F-111s had made it back over the FLOT, so Subha said, "Join up on us and we'll give you a look see."

Subha formed up on the damaged Aardvark's left wing, Dexter observing the damage, before passing under it and coming back up on the right wing.  "Alright guys, your right wing and your tail are chewed up pretty bad.  Looks like you've got a small fuel leak too.  Think you can make it back?"

Chewy replied, "Yessir.  We're alright for now.  We may need the tanker to come meet us halfway though."

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Two of the Fulcrums exploded, one took an AIM-7 to the face in spite of the ground clutter. The missile consumed the front half of the plane in a ball of fire while the other half, still moving hundreds of hours flew throw before falling to the ground. another AIM-9 took the wing right off another Mig. Its pilot was a bit luckier and managed to eject and fall safely to the ground.

The Remaining Fulcrum and Flogger tried to avoid the Eagles, while getting out of their way they turned and got near the RAF planes and fired a heat seeker, The Fulcrum taking advantage of its off bore sight abilities. 

The Mig-23s that had tried to chase down the bombers started to head for the nearby dogfight. They armed their R-23s and fired at the F-15s.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:02 am

With two MiGs down, the F-15s split to defend against the incoming missiles, using more of their dwindling chaff to confuse the weapons. Cody pulled up from his diving attack while Havoc broke to the right, coming back towards the Flogger once he was free of the missile that'd been shot at him. In the night he could tell the MiG's tailpipe would be nice and bright. Havoc let off a Sidewinder.

"Blaster 2-2, Fox 2." He replied instinctively.

Cody decided to support the Tornadoes, staying above the fight and diving towards the sky behind the remaining two Fulcrums. He nosed over the big air superiority fighter, edging on stall speed as he did. The pilot was forced to forgo a pretty good firing position in order to get his energy back up. He let gravity do the work, and aimed the nose towards one of the MiGs as he got lower.

Weapon Loadouts:

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Seeing as how the Fulcrums were falling for the bait, Sabre 3 and 4 began to turn their Tornado F.3s into their opponents, in a gamble to get on the Fulcrums' tails.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Doberman two exploded, the pilot spared the humiliation of returning without his flight.
    ------
    The remaining Fulcrum was screwed, he had two Tornados and two eagles on him. He tried turing to get behind the enemy planes using his crafts slightly better turning radius.
    -----
    Pinscher flight continued forward they were still outside heat seeker ranger. they loaded their last R-23s and fired at all four allied craft to rescue the remaining Fulcrum.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Sabre 4 got a solid AIM-9L lock on the remaining Fulcrum, and fires.

"Sabre Four, Fox Two!"
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Cody let the F.3s take the last Fulcrum as the other flight of MiG-23s opened fire with more AA-7s. Out of Sparrows himself, Havoc would be the only one of the two of them that could get off any long-range shots. He reacted to the new threat by using his newly built-up energy to pull back up, dump some chaff, and turn swiftly into the attack, pressing for the skies outside the R-23's electronic eyes'. The F-15's speed was on his side, and he was able to avoid the shot at him. The pilot then turned towards the Floggers to hit them from two o' clock high with a Sidewinder.

"Blaster 2-1, Fox 2." He snarled.

Havoc, having downed the last Flogger from the first flight, was free to engage. He rocketed far into the night sky above, making a fast turn towards the MiGs. With chaff in his wake, he moved in a sort of serpentine pattern to overwhelm the missile's systems. The gamble worked on the missile, and as soon as his RWR went silent, he dared shoot two of his remaining three AIM-7s to at least spook the MiG-23s.

"Blaster 2-2, Fox 1, Fox 1." the Captain radioed.

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:06 pm

The remaining migs burst into brilliant balls of fire and began their slow decent toward the ground. 

"This is Sky Eye, all Aircraft RTB, good work out their."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:36 pm

"Roger that Skyeye, Blaster Flight is RTB." Cody replied.

He yanked the F-15 away from the MiGs he'd just shot at, Havoc in tow, and raced towards the relative safety of NATO skies. His mind eased a little so he wouldn't feel so jumpy, but at the same time everything had felt somewhat familiar. Lebanon and Libya had been less intense, but both had been combat. He couldn't help but feel his pride had been wounded by the downing of Blasters 2-3 and 2-4. While he hadn't been particularly close to either pilot, they'd still been his subordinates and squadmates.

"Hey Two." He spoke up.

"What's up, Ranger?" Havoc replied.

"Nice shooting, compadre. Three and Four would be proud." He said.

"Yeah, heck we even bagged some Fulcrums. So much for one of the Soviet's best fighters." the Air Force pilot chuckled.

Cody agreed and looked forward. Hoping his comrades, and for that matter Anne, were okay, he pressed for home, multiple kills under his belt.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:53 pm

After refueling over the English Channel, the flight back home to Lakenheath went without incident.  Chewy and Nitro, due to their damaged aircraft, were told to land first, followed by Subha and Dexter. 

Turning off the runway, the two F-111s taxied to the ramp before shutting down their engines and opening the canopies to allow the crews to disembark.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:41 pm

A KC-135 based out of the UK met the two F-15s near the coast of France. Signs of other aircraft from this neck of NATO's arsenal were apparent in the night, mostly British Tornadoes and other F-111s. Cody had to wonder how the guys in Germany were faring, and Italy too. Maybe they'd retreated to France already to breathe easier.

The helmet he'd been wearing felt like a prison as the fighter pilot neared his current base, like his body could sense he was almost home. Despite the loss of Three and Four on the mission, he'd still notched kills, and intended to make it known.

"Lakenheath, Blaster 2-1 and 2-2 requesting a victory roll." He said. For Three and Four...

"Blaster, you're cleared to do so." the tower replied.

The two F-15s came in low and fast by the base before rolling several times. Still in formation, they broke to the right to head for the landing pattern. Compared to telling the whole of Lakenheath they'd drawn blood, the landing was nothing to really mention. Cody eased his F-15 towards the shelter, stopping it just outside so it could be backed in. His Crew Chief, a guy named Hicks, was waiting with a spray can and star stencil.

"You brought back my Eagle and killed some MiGs? Shit, sir, I'm impressed." He exclaimed as the canopy raised.

"Hey, we squids now the value of bringing back the plane!" He replied with a grin. The man climbed down the boarding ladder to shake hands with the crew.

"Okay, now Ah wanna get acquainted with y'all as soon as Ah can, so start telling me names, ranks and jobs. We're probably gonna be a team for a while." Cody said as he was handed the spray can.

"First Ah gotta confirm how many Ah got, Chief. In all that excitement Ah lost count." He chuckled, slightly admonished. Laughs were shared.

"Well then you should go find out, sir. We need to know how many stars to paint on this baby!" Airman Gennedy, a mechanic, shouted.

Cody nodded and left the pilots to care for the Eagle before he met up with Havoc.

"Congrats, Havoc." He said.

"Same to you, Ranger. Anyways let's get to the debrief before the Aardvark guys get bored." He suggested. Cody nodded and followed his friend down the flight line, looking to see if the RAF Tornadoes would appear any time soon to mirror their maneuver.

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:55 am

The old man sat at his desk, the mission had been a success, but the cost had been high. More critically it was poorly timed, within two days he had lost his second in command and intelligence officer. The voice recordings also left little hope, no doubt Raymond Arnold was dead.

Can't even pretend he's ok

Now he was all that remained of his senior staff, he also needed more pilots.

Just then a short Airman walked in and saluted

"At ease son."

"Yes Sir! just about all the aircraft have returned or are beginning final approach now."

The Old man nodded.

"Good, tell them we debrief in an hour, also I want you to bring Major Sarkar to my office as soon as possible, then Captain O'Hara. Not at the same time though, I have private matters to discuss."

"Yes SIR!"

As the younger man left the room General Allen was left alone to think about how to proceed.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:11 am

As they reached the building they'd call home for now, the two pilots couldn't help but wonder what was ahead for them. This "Wing Blue" concept  might be something bigger than they were aware of, or it might just be a way to boost morale? NATO's best flying in one unit, working together like they should? He had no complaints.

The pilot contemplated when he'd be able to call Anne again as he entered the structure. The duty officer told them debrief was in an hour as he handed them Yellow Sheets to fill out. Cody nodded and walked to the lounge. As he and Havoc enetered, they stopped. They thought they saw two ghosts...no, they were people. Curly and Blaster 2-4, "Log" Stuckey, were waiting in the lounge, cups of coffee and clean flight suits on. Cody and Havoc stared at them as they both grinned back.

"Welcome back, guys." Log said, easing up from his seat and walking towards the two other pilots.

"What in the Sam-fucking-Hill?" Cody blurted out.

"When did you two get back?" Havoc demanded.

"The Jolly Green dropped us about an hour ago." Log explained, stroking his caramel-colored hair.

"The MiGs bagged us, yeah, but we somehow made it! In all the confusion the Soviets probably never even bothered to try and pluck us up from the ground!" Curly assured with a laugh. The two MiG Killers exchanged looks, then looked back at the mustachioed pilot, still unsure how to take all this.

"Bah fuck it, y'all are alive. Welcome back guys." Cody finally declared. They all shook hands and the two demanded to hear the details of Cody and Havoc's kills.

"Hell let's get some booze in here, too! We're among the first American F-15 pilots to knock some live Russians from the sky." Log declared. Cody laughed.

"Easy compadre, we can do that in debrief. I honestly need some coffee right now." Cody said, looking for the pot. He wanted to call Anne again but decided to wait. She probably wasn't even to Bristol yet...

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:44 am

Subha, Dexter, Chewy, and Nitro were relaxing in the 494th TFS lounge, celebrating Chewy and Nitro surviving their near miss with death, when a short airman walked in.

"Er...  Major Sarkar?"

"What's up?"

"Er, the general would like to see you."

"Roger that.  I'll be back, guys.  We'll debrief when I'm back.  Lead the way, son."  Subha followed the airman to the general's office.  Knocking on the door, he said, "Sir, you wanted to see me?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:53 am

"Major! come in sit down."

The old man gestured to the younger pilot

"That was some damned good work out there son, you'll here more about it shortly in the debriefing but I had a bit of a pressing issue I needed to ask you about."

the old man looked around the room for a second and composed himself

"We lost our intel guy out there and I lost my right hand man the other day. I'm looking to replace these people, and so far you've been the guy to get me another outstanding F-111 crew. I understand you know an RAF intel officer, a Natalie Cavanaught? I was considering her for the position and I wanted to ask you opinion of her?"

He stopped for a second

"I also wouldn't want to put you in an uncomfortable position if this is two personal which is part of the reason I want to talk to you first."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Shubha shook his head, "No sir, it's no problem.  Nat...  Natalie Cavanaugh is a consummate professional.  She can be a bit on the snarky side, but her work is top notch.  At least, what I've seen of it."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:21 pm

"Thats all I care about son. Great work and I will see you at the debriefing, you better get moving otherwise I might make you my personal officer."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm

Subha chuckled, "Copy that, sir."  Saluting, he turned on his heel and left.  As he walked back to the 494th's spaces, he thought to himself, "And here I thought I wasn't gonna see Nat again any time soon..."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Golden liquor filled half of the short clear glass before the Irishman's hand wrapped around it as he stood up from his desk dotted with this dossier and that dossier. His work was broken by a memo that was delivered only a few minutes before detailing the demise of Raymond Arnold. "Bloody hell..." 

He stared at his reflection in the whisky before taking a sip. The captain groaned a bit. One successful mission, one dead CIA agent. Soviet bastards are getting too lucky with their ability to kill high-level players. 

He finished the glass and placed it on his desk among the documents. Best head back to General Allen. This has certainly...changed our situation moving forward. The man trudged towards the door part of him unwilling to discuss another blow to the Western world in terms of winning the unavoidable Third World War. He exits into the corridor and begins towards the Old Man's office.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:47 pm

As the big Irishman walked in the old man got up the greet him.

"Captain its good to see you again"

The old man extended his hand to shake, after that he gestured to the other man to sit. he took a second before he himself sat back down

"I needed to thank you for everything you've done to get us set up, you have no idea how easy you have made our transition."

"I lost most of my senior staff in the last few days, and well--- You seem to be extremely able and of the appear rank, would you be interested in becoming Wing Blue's second in command?"
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:11 pm

"No, need to get up, sir." But by the time that sentence was finished the general was already greeting him. As the two settled down once more, he responded. "The pleasure is all mine, general. Besides, I doubted anyone would want to stand in the way of Wing Blue's logistical needs."

The conversation turned, although not in name to Captain Henry and the latest casualty Raymond Arnold, what followed was a request that he was certainly not expected. "You honor me, General." Those were words that the Irishman seldom says. "I'll happy take the position. Would you be so kind as to run down what you were expecting as I take the post?"
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:17 pm

"Your job will be the same as mine, the only difference is I give you your orders. I will need you to help manage the squadron and keep an eye on the pilots as well as help recruit pilots and staff. You being a member of the Royal Navy might come in handy while were based here, I may ask for your assistance in matters involving the British Military and Government. Beyond that I will need you in the debriefing which we should go to now."
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:26 pm

"I'll keep everything orderly for you." He said cheerily and with that, the captain was prepared to follow the Old Man to the debriefing cementing his new position within the organization. "Lead the way, general. I am sure there is much to discuss."
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:31 pm

"Meet me in the briefing room in ten minutes, also if you see Sabrina Kelly get her to follow you."

The old man called in an Enlisted man. a Young Airman entered

"Have all pilots meet in our debriefing room in 20 minutes."

The Old Man stood up

"I will see you both shortly"

He walked out towards the briefing room
    Spellca
    Global Moderator

Post by Spellca on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Moving through the corridors, the captain briefly asked a passing civilian contractor where Wing Blue's resident isolationist engineer was held up. Following the brief directions, the smell of a soldering iron soon made it clear that he was heading in the right direction. He glanced into the ajar door and knocked to get the attention of the dark red-head's attention. "Ms. Kelly, General Allen has called for your presence at the Dessau Bridge op debrief. Come with me forthwith." O'Hara turned from the door and continued on his way hearing the door open as he walked away before shutting. 

As he grew closer to the briefing room, he opened up a cigarette case drawing one before lighting it at the door. A drag was followed by smoke blown out into the hall before the tall Irishman walked into the briefing room glancing over those assembled. "We might as well get this over with. I have a feeling none of you are for sitting down for long periods of time while Europe devours itself."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 pm