A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Ace Combat: Skies of Tomorrow Part: 1

Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Ace Combat: Skies of Tomorrow Part: 1

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 pm

30 Years ago… In the heart of Belka

31 DECEMBER 1995
    Operation: Zero
    1510hrs GMT, 31 December 1995
    Belkan Priority One Strategic Airspace “B7R”
    Avalon Dam, Mund Valley

It was a cold and snowy day, the sky a sheer white with black smoke billowing up from the now ruined remains of Avalon Dam. The sky was lonely save for two fighters… a white and blue F-15C Eagle and a deep grey F-16 Falcon… the last remaining fighters of Ustio’s legendary “Galm Team”.  Circling above the ruined base, the fighters appeared to almost be reveling in the success of toppling the movement that called itself, “A World with No Boundaries”… it made Larry Foulke sick to his stomach as his hand gripped the control yolk of his new fighter. In the back of his mind… only hate burned within him as he felt everything he helped achieve for the organization was in vain thanks to his “buddy”… The Demon Lord of the Round Table. With cold emotion in his eyes, “Solo Wing Pixy” opened the targeting computer for his plane’s ultimate weapon to strike down his old friend, Cipher, in one shot. Under his breath, he uttered,

“Nothing personal… buddy….”

He pulled the trigger, and the weapon – a massive chemical laser strapped almost haphazardly onto the top of the plane – ignited to life with a single red beam that rapidly shot towards the blue F-15 Eagle. However, something happened that Larry Foulke didn’t anticipate… the accompanying F-16 Falcon moved itself in front of the beam’s path and in a single swipe was ripped in two before exploding in a brilliant fireball. Tilting his head down for a second, Larry shed only a single tear for the death of a former friend as he turned on the radio and tuned it to the Ustian frequency before saying,

“So, have you found a reason to fight yet? Buddy.”

Over the radio, Larry could hear the panic from Eagle Eye as his former AWACS operator frantically tried to identify the strange new aircraft he was in… known only to Larry as “The Morgan”. As the snow began to fall in earnest, he casually called out to Cipher, “Here comes the Snow”, after a moment of silence heard on the other end, in an equally cold and almost emotionless tone, “Galm 1, engage”.

That was what Larry was waiting for as he took aim with the Tactical Laser and fired once more at Cipher, who deftly avoided the beam much like he had done with the super weapon Excalibur months ago. Unfazed by Cipher’s skill, Pixy called out in a taunting manner, “ Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they’re invincible. I bet you do too, buddy.”

“Shut up, look who’s talking”, Cipher answered back, “You're sitting in a brand new plane and thought you can change the world with one nuke… and you claim I think I’m invincible”.

“Can you see any borders from here? What have borders given us? We’re gonna start over from scratch. That’s what V2 is for.”

“Like hell you will.”

Pixy heard enough of it and began to fire the Tactical Laser more now, hoping to wear down his friend with the superior maneuverability of The Morgan. However, Cipher continued to dodge the laser with ease and with a sharp turn faced The Morgan, firing a pair of missiles at him. The lock-on was so quick that Pixy couldn’t react in time when he felt the shudder of the plane and heat of the blast as his Laser was taken out of commission. In the back of his mind, he wanted to praise him for being a lucky son of a bitch for pulling that off, but he had more important things to accomplish as he then coldly said,

“It’s time.”

With that… there was the unmistakable sound of an ICBM launching from its silo towards the sky… its target unknown. With a sense of accomplishment, Pixy then added, “Too bad, Buddy. This twisted game needs to be reset. We’ll start over from “zero” with this V2 and entrust the future to the next generation.”

However, to his shock, Eagle Eye managed to actually find information on The Morgan as the AWACS revealed to Cipher the secrets of his plane and it’s only Achilles Heel… the front intakes. However, Pixy wasn’t worried… cause it meant that Cipher would have to face him head on in order to make the shot… and with four minutes before V2 reenters the atmosphere, he only needs to stall him that long to achieve his organization’s objective and throw the world into chaos. With that, he then finished,

“You and I are opposite sides of the same coin. When we face each other, we can finally see our true selves. There may be a resemblance, but we never face the same direction.”

All Larry could hear on the other end, as the sound of missiles and guns filled the air, was a neutral sounding, “Are you finished…?” from Cipher as the famed Demon Lord began to tighten his maneuvers and match the Morgan despite the Eagle being an older plane move for move.

Pixy however replied, “Now we’ll find out who’s number one!" and before he could figure out if Cipher said anything or not, he felt his plane shake violently as one of the intakes went into flame, the warning bells inside The Morgan ringing loudly at the danger he was now facing. Angered, Larry Foulke gripped the controls tightly and moved his plane into a headlong collision coarse to Cipher as he pulled the trigger of his guns and shouted, “FIRE AWAY, COWARD! COME ON!”

“Right here, buddy”, was all Cipher replied as Pixy saw the flash of 2 final missiles careening towards The Morgan. The first one missed, but the second bore deep into the Air Intake before exploding… causing thick black smoke to belch out the exhaust port of the fighter. For a brief second… Pixy was aware that their fighter’s crossed paths closely, but he was frantic in fixing the near broken computer of The Morgan as smoke filled the cockpit. In a last desperate move, Larry Foulke ejected as The Morgan fell and exploded in a fiery ball of light… and with it… V2 high in the atmosphere was disarmed. Larry could only watch as his parachute opened as Cipher circled the sky… the champion… the true Demon of the Round Table.
    Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Re: Ace Combat: Skies of Tomorrow Part: 1

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 pm

ACE COMBAT

SKIES OF TOMORROW

Part 1

Chapter 1
    "The Coming Thunder"

2025 MARCH 25
    0800 Hours Cinigrad Standard Time
    Тигр Авиации ВМС база ВВС (Tiger Naval Air Force Base)
    Светсна провинции (Svetsna Province)
    Союз Юктобанианских Республик (Union of Yuktobanian Republics)

Sunrise, a brilliant sunrise was the first thing that filled the vision of one Lawrence Foulke as he awoke with a startle. Scanning his surroundings, he sighed with slight satisfaction that he was back to reality, and not dreaming. Getting up from his cot, the 58 year old walked over to the blinds and opened them… taking in a good look at the day ahead… the blue sky assuring him that fair days would be ahead for some time now. Walking back to the cot, he then sat down and nursed his head as he pondered about the dream he had moments before,

‘That was…. The 7th time this month I think… the dreams are getting more frequent now. I thought I finally got over that day… I guess some scars never really do heal after all. Maybe I shouldn’t have read the CIA report before taking the job, cause that report brought nothing but hell to me since I got here.”

Shaking his head, he looked over to the counter with a mirror, where the offending report still laid after he threw it in disgust from reading it a month ago. In the back of his mind, he made a mental note to burn the letter later before he forgot to… something he was half aware he’d probably forget to do as he changed to a relaxed white summer uniform with shades and walked out the door of his personal home on base and drove by jeep to the main control center. 

Looking up, he couldn’t help but smile from the warm tropical spring air that complimented the ever vast sky above him, clear now thanks to a typhoon that passed off the coast the previous day… leaving nothing but clear skies and gulls behind it. In the back of his mind, he remarked,

“No matter where I go... the blue sky always looks the same. Whether it was in Belka or Ustio; Usea or Emmeria; or even on a remote base in Yuktobania, that same blue sky will never change… a sky that had no boundaries… or divisions like the Earth does. Up there… it doesn't matter who you are… you either fly or be brought down to the ground… the heavens never pick favorites who stays up there, only raw skill and talent can do that. I guess no matter how much the Earth changes; I guess I can take comfort in that”.

Arriving at the control center, he was greeted with the morning report and a cup of coffee by the Executive Officer, Colonel Hawker Blackburn. Noticing the tired look that Lawrence Foulke had, he intuitively asked, “Same dream again, sir?”

“Yeah…”

“That’d be the–,” Colonel Blackburn was about to ask, when Lawrence replied as he took the report and mug from the Colonel, “7th time yeah I know.”

Sipping the warm glass, Lawrence Foulke read the report and heaved a sigh. Not talking to anyone in general, he said in an annoyed tone, “Damn it, Commander Ankare moved up the schedule. I was hoping to at least have all the volunteers integrate together before we began Operations, but it seems ARIA intelligence along with the KGB and CIA discovered Verusa is amassing more troops along the border, increased their Air Patrol frequencies and range, and installed 15 new Cruise Missile Sites.”

“Cruise Missile Sites?” A voice suddenly called out, earning the attention of the two senior officers. Before them was Colonel Mara Kusanagi, the AWACS Operator and defacto Air Operations Coordinator once in the air. Noticing that the two older men saw her, she quickly saluted and said, “Forgive my intrusion, Director.”

Lawrence Foulke shook his head. Despite being Director of ARIA’s –Armed Response and Intervention Agency– Air Rapid Response Force (known colliqually as "ARIA Air"), he knew his laid back attitude would affect the men and women around him to take an equally laid back stance… even the normally ice queen that was Mara Kusanagi. Sheepishly, he replied, “No, it’s quite alright. The briefing today would’ve brought this up anyway, so no harm done”.

Relieved, she then asked, “Permission to speak freely then, Director?”

“Granted”

“Forgive me if I'm mistaken, sir, but... what are the chances that this is just saber rattling?"

Larry Foulke looked downward for a moment before returning his attention to the younger Colonel. Heaving a sigh, he replied, "If it was just Saber Rattling, then the mobilization patterns we've been observing would be a tremendous waste on Verusa's economy... it's just not adding up. Osea took a similar stance to Belka's behavior in the months leading to the Belkan War. Then, using an incursion by Ustian Fighters in their airspace as an excuse, a powder keg was lit... and the rest as they say is history." Pausing for a moment, he then added, "However, the Neo-United Nations shares your caution. That's why they're sending a diplomat here, and keeping us on a short leash."

Colonel Blackburn then cut in, “So that's why Commander Ankare moved the schedule up... he wasn't meant to visit till April 3rd."

"Somewhat", Director Foulke replied, "The NUN is still trying to sort out the fallout of the Sapin Civil War. Osea has it's hands tied three ways and Belka just got her Navy expanded thanks to reclaiming some of it's ships from Sapin. Were it not for the mess going on here, ARIA would've been deployed to keep an eye on the Sapinish Transitional Government. I think he pushed the schedule up here to put pressure on the Verusean Government. Perhaps with the international spotlight on them, Verusa might get in a better mood for peace talks."

Colonel Blackburn sighed, "So that's it... it’s almost as if they don’t want us doing our job,” Colonel Blackburn replied, scratching his chin. The Director however shook his head and replied, “More likely they’re afraid of giving ARIA full reins on the situation and are stalling until they exhausted all other options… the world still isn’t fully with us on the idea of giving the NUN a fully armed Response Force to intervene in conflicts…”

“With good reason,” Colonel Blackburn noted, “give any one too much power… and who knows what’ll happen next.”

“Yeah….”, The Director noted as he sipped on his coffee. Downing the rest of his coffee, he finished in a slightly bored and unenthusiastic tone whilst fixing his peaked cap“Well, with that out of the way, time to give the morning briefing and get things ready.” With that, he went into the main building and walked down the plain tan halls of the base till he reached the main Briefing Room of the base. For the next two hours… he discussed everything from the current situation to the day’s events… namely the arrival of the Volunteers for ARIA and ARIA’s Senior Commander Gene Ankare.

When the day’s formalities ended, he looked up at the clock and saw that it was 10 in the morning. He would have about two more hours give or take before the first of the Volunteers arrived at Tiger Naval Air Force Base. So… amid the ensuing chaos of ground crews moving fuel and ammo trucks to their appropriate stations along with every other miscellaneous activity needed to preparations needed to ready a base for additional aircraft… Larry Foulke brought out a lawn chair and a glass of whiskey from Ustio outside the control tower and positioned it to face the two long runways before tipping his peaked cap down and closed his eyes.

He would have two more hours of proper sleep he figured before the days ahead sapped him of whatever remaining energy out of him, and he wanted to make the most of those hours. Closing his eyes, he could feel the gentle sea breeze in the air, complimenting the 25 C degree weather.

However, just as he felt himself beginning to nod off, a slight tap on his shoulder disturbed him, which caused him to quickly look behind him. Tipping his hat back up, he could now tell it was the Squadron Leader for the USEA Division/ 1st Wing/ 11th Fighter Squadron "Infinity" of the GRDF: Captain Abyssal Dision.

"Sir, permission to speak freely."

Director Foulke rolled his eyes at the formality and replied in his usual calm and cool guy demeanor, "Abyss, you know what kind of guy I am, not the kind to be taken by that formality bullshit. What's on your mind?"

Si- I mean, Director Foulke"

Director Foulke couldn’t help but chuckle a bit and replied in a half-hearted joking manner, "Call me Larry, unless do you want me to start calling you Abyssal Dision?"

The young slightly green haired pilot furrowed his eyebrows. Abyssal really didn't like it when he was called by his full name, it made him feel like he was either some really old man or a cartoon villain: both he really didn't want to be associated with, "My mistake. Anyway, do you really think it's a good idea to be lounging about like this minutes before the rest of ARIA-Air arrives?"

"I had a bad night, an old officer like me deserves a nap before more sleepless nights", Larry Foulke wryly replied as he stood up and fixed his uniform.

"Oh come on, you're not that old, I bet you can fly circles around these pups that are arriving?"

"Are you calling yourself a pup then, Abyss? Cause I can probably fly circles around you then ", the old Belkan replied with a grin as he continued, "But I guess you're right: It probably is a bad idea to be sleeping in on the job. After all, the true grey haired wonders of ARIA would probably nag at me for it as if they were my nannies... and I rather not have to put up with that".

The two of them laughed at the thought of wrinkled old men with more medals then they deserved turning bright red and shouting with veins popped out before Abyss calmed down and said, "So, who do you think will put on the best show before landing?"

"No clue… we already have Comet Squadron and Paladin Squadron from Osea catching up from jet lag, and your unit, Infinity. No telling whose gonna show up next, though I feel sorry for the guys up in the tower… their radar is about to get brighter than a Christmas tree in a couple of minutes with foreign jets."

“Yeah, got a point there, sir”, Abyssal replied, scratching his head, “Well, I’m gonna head on back and check on the new aircraft General Resource wants us to sortie in, if the mechanics so much and scratches the paint there will be hell to pay!”

“Alright, good seeing you Abyss,” Director Foulke replied as he reclined in his chair and watched the sun continue to rise over the tarmac, wondering just who might arrive first.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:50 pm

March 25, 2025 (Local Time: 0905)
    OFS James Wellington (CVN-34)
    100 Miles off the coast of Southern Yuktobania

The single Hubert-class carrier sailed southwards, pushing the waves aside effortlessly as she moved south. She was unusually close to the coast today, but that was only for a brief time. There was an unusual addition to morning cyclic ops today, the launch of four aircraft from VF-138, the Red Ronin, to join the growing coalition in the region. In reality the move was not needed, but the idea of a big multinational wing pleased the higher ups. VF-138 had only be chosen by chance; they were no one really special.

Lt. Eric Bradford, the number three in the fourship bound for "Tiger Naval Air Base", inspected his fighter. The machine was a combination in appearance of the F-14 Tomcat and F-15 Eagle, known as the Northrop Grumman F-21A Thunderhawk. Eric had flown it since he'd arrived at the West Coast RAG some years back. Today he'd be ferrying it with four AIM-9X Block 3 Sidewinders and four AIM-120D AMRAAMs, plus a travel pod and full gun. The skinny blonde thanked his plane captain, telling him he'd see him shoreside, and worked his way up the boarding steps to the cockpit.

Once inside, he strapped in and brought the fighter to life. Working quickly, the lieutenant secured his oxygen mask and lowered his JHMCS visor over his face. the two GE engines whined to life and displays and gauges awoke.

"Shogun 208, radio check." He said.

"Morning Saber, ready to go look pretty for the cameras and nice UN people?" Lt. Mark "Tex" Walker drawled from Shogun 205.

"Eh, I've had worse." He shrugged as he looked towards a yellow-shirted plane director.

"Ah heard that, at least maybe we can get Juke some tail." Mark commented.

"Tex?" Lt. Ryu Itogara asked.

"What's up?" The tallest of the Ronin asked.

"Shut up." It's youngest member replied flatly.

"Aw cut Tex some slack; he loves Yuktobanian women." Eric said. Eric's country friend was about to protest when a more commanding voice cut them off.

"Enough chatter, this isn't the O'Club." LCDR. Kristen Bauserman, squadron XO and the head of "VF-138, Det. Tiger" snapped.

The other three replied with an obedient "roger that" and switched to the Carrier Air Traffic Control Center (CATCC) channel. Each was guided towards a catapualt; Eric himself was sent from his position near the carrier's island to cat number two. another yellow shirt, the Catapult Officer, guided him into place at the end of the track as it leaked steam and gave him the sign to stop. Eric held in place while he was hooked up and extended his F-21's "swing-wings". His weapons were given one last check to before the cat was adjusted to his weight. Eric was given the signal to move all his control surfaces, which he complied with. After moving everything, he went to full military power and waited for the final check. With nothing to do for a brief moment, he let himself glance at a picture in the cockpit. A petite North Point woman in sundress, glasses, and straw hat smiled at him as her long black hair was pushed by the wind.

With his "goddess" smiling on him, Eric looked at the cat officer, who signaled everything was ready. Eric braced himself against the ejection seat and brought up a smart salute. As soon as it was down, he looked forward and waited. Outside, the cat officer saluted back, dropped to one knee, touched the deck, and pointed down the track towards the bow. Eric felt a lurch as the jet was launched. The engines screamed as hot exhaust bathed the Jet Blast Deflector. The sea rushed to him, and he felt another jolt as he got airborne. The pilot kept his jet steady after he rose a little, stowing gear and flaps. It occurred to him soon that they'd launched him and Mark almost at the same time. He smiled at that.

The fourship gathered above the carrier while another aircraft was being launched. In the back was Captain Stephen O'Neil, or Mad Dog. The CAG of CVW-9, he had the "honor" of accompanying the four fighters to Tiger for the formalities of getting them settled. CAG O'Neil wasn't enthusiastic; the veteran Hornet pilot wanted to be leading his air wing. But he had orders, and he would follow them. He'd be taken ashore in a C-2A Greyhound.

Once they were all together, the little flock made its way towards the base while the carrier and her escorts headed back towards the emptiness of the Pacific. The flight there was quiet, except for some quick conversations.

"So...is Ekaterina supposed to be there?" Eric asked Mark.

"Ah guess...she kinda drifts about, being with intel and all." Mark replied, looking at her picture in the cockpit.

Coincidentally, said woman was waiting for the sight of planes bearing red lightning bolts on the tails from her office. When she did finally see them coming in for landing, she left, declaring she had papers to deliver. In fact, she had a tall, beefy farmboy to greet. The woman hurried, hoping to catch them quickly.

When they did land, the pilots were directed to where the international flights had been gathering and put in revetments for now. Eric's cockpit opened and he was greeted by tropical air. He rolled up his sleeves and struggled to get out of his flight gear on the tarmac.

"Shit man, is this what it was like back in 68? Ah bet it wasn't like this over Sapin when Ah was flying." Mark commented as he approached.

"Probably...I hate this kind of heat; keep it dry." He agreed.

The two observed their surroundings as they stood their, sleeves rolled up. Mark donned a pair of golden aviators and looked around.

"Guess we wait to be approached or something?" He shrugged. Eric repeated the gesture and looked towards the approach as he waited for more jets. Ryu approached them while Vixen went to talk to CAG.

"So what is the appeal of Yuktobanian women?" He asked, sitting down on the tarmac. The blonde looked at Mark, who blushed.

"With Kat? Her hips; things hypnotize me to this day." He admitted softly.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:38 am; edited 3 times in total

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:46 pm

March 25, 2025
    1000 Hours Cinigrad Standard Time
    Tiger Naval Air Force Base
    Union of Yuktobanian Republics

“Tiger Tower, Serpent flight of 2 on approach, requesting permission to land.”

“Copy, Serpent.  You are cleared to land, Runway 27L.  Welcome to Yuktobania.”

“Thanks.”

“Well, another day, another regional conflict,” Sarathi “Sharky” Sarkar sighed as he prepped the F-14D Quickstrike for landing.

“Gee, you sound SOOOOO excited, Sharky.  Come on, where’s your warrior spirit?”  Samya “Shamu” Suara, his RIO, laughed.

“It’s taking a nap.  Gettin’ old and whatnot.”

“As long as it’s not getting dull.”

“Oh, no chance of that.”

“Good.  But hey, buck up. This could be interesting.  Apparently the head pooh-bah here is a certain Larry Foulke.  As in your childhood role model.”

“Meh.”

Surprised by his pilot’s lackluster reaction to his impending meeting with his childhood hero, Shamu asked, “Meh?  Just meh?  Couple of years ago you’d be putting this Cat through a loop and slamming my head into the canopy.  What’s up, bro?”

Sharky shrugged and said, “Yeah, it’s cool he’s the boss.  But what’s it matter?  I don’t have anything to prove any more.  We’re not kids anymore.”

“Yeah, I guess you have a point.”

“And for all his exploits I’d rather not end up like he did, ya know?”

“Fair enough.”

“I’d rather do this, get paid, and go home.”

“Yeah, I got you.”

“But enough of me being psycho.  Showtime, you still back there?”

Showtime, the pilot of Basilisk 2, replied, “Still here, boss.”

Sharky chuckled, “Good.  Let’s give these guys a good show, eh?”

“Copy that.”

With that the two F-14s came in to a landing, touching down softly and rolling out to the end of the runway.  As he turned off onto the taxiway, Sharky popped the canopy, blaring the dulcet tones of Alestorm while Shamu raised a black flag featuring a skull with a snake crawling out of its left eye.  The two darkly camouflaged Tomcats rolled to a stop on the apron next to the two black MC-17s that carried their maintenance crews and spare parts and shut down their engines, awaiting their crew chiefs to lower the ladders to allow the pilots to disembark.

Last edited by shomu1 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 6 times in total

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:13 am

March 25, 2025
    1015 Hours
    Tiger Naval Air Force Base
    Union of Yuktobanian Republics

"Tiger Tower, this is Garuda flight, requesting permission to land." Garuda One, William Tipton, radioed the tower.

The reply came a few seconds afterward, "Copy, Garuda. You are cleared to land, Runway 09R."

"Copy that." Garuda Two, Beatrix Todaro, replied.

The two F-15E Strike Eagles come in to land smoothly. Once they taxi to the apron and shut down their engines, William, Beatrix and their respective WSOs, Dustin Nicholson and Claudio Wescott, stepped out of their respective aircraft, and proceeded to walk to the main building.

"So, this is Yukotbania..." William said to no one in particular.

"Hey Will, if you let me, I can try finding you a soul mate for you." Beatrix suggested, not noticing that Dustin was looking at her with a slight reddened face.

"Alright. You have my permission." Will replied optimistically. "It would also give you and Dustin a chance to hook up."

Beatrix's reaction was flustered, with Claudio laughing at the scene.
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:44 am

March 25th, 2025
    Airspace above Tiger Naval Air Force Base
    Time: 1020 Cinigrad Standard Time
    Union of Yuktobanian Republics, Verusan Continent

"Floof und Flugzeug”

Osean Air Defense Force Captain Zachary Hathaway better known to his friends and family as "Zack" or by his TAC name "Ferret" maneuvered the F-16G Block 70 Fighting Falcon+ into position with the runway after waiting his turn to get wheels down. The transit from San Domingo AFB in Osea to Tiger NAFB in Yuktobania was a lengthy and at times boring flight littered with small talk, music playing in the cockpit, and the hookup with the KC-46A Pegasus tanker they were "escorting" across the ocean. The reality is that the tanker provided a lifeline for the jets during their transit in addition to being a vital asset that was being brought into the area. Upon approaching the coast; the lumbering tanker’s crew got into position to land on the runway opposite of their escort aircraft. Both crews thanked one another for their company as they began their landing sequence.

"Tiger tower, Canis flight of four F-16's checking in, requesting landing clearance." Zack spoke into his headset.

"Could you tell them to make it quick too? I need to take a piss and get a Big Mac with fries to go." the ever familiar voice of 1st Lt. Alyosha "Matchstick" Denisov echoed over the channel.

"Canis two to three, can you refrain from being a smartass for ten seconds?" 1st Lt. Mao "Hime" Takayanagi, the flight's number two pilot and Zack's fiancee shot back. While 1st Lt. Rein "Comet" Carter simply laughed to herself at her friend's shenanigans.

The ATC replied with a chuckle. "Tiger Tower to Canis flight of four, you are cleared for landing at this time on runway Zero Niner Lima. Welcome to Yuktobania."

"Copy that Tower, beginning landing procedure. Thanks for the welcome. Canis two and three, stow it for now." Zack called.

"Yes Captain."

"Got it boss."

The advanced F-16 variants landing gear made a distinct 'screech' sound as each plane landed in sequence. The latest member of the Viper family; the F-16G was built off the Block 50 airframe with alterations made to its wing, horizontal and vertical stabilizer assemblies, powerplant, exhaust nozzle, and intake. Canis squadron's aircraft received their baptism by fire during the Sapin Civil War along with their pilots; giving a good account of the new type in combat. The squadron would now be a part of the NUN's ARIA-Air task force deployed to Yuktobania in the midst of rising tensions between the Yukes and their southern neighbors.

"So Zack what do you think of this place? Looks like a combo between the boneyard back home and and a cold war aerodrome." Alyosha snarked as his eyes scanned the facilities.

"Eh, it's serviceable. I have heard my fair share of stories from my brother Marcus about it being a decent place back in 2010. How about you Hime?"

"As long as we can get our quarters, some decent food, get along with the patrons here, and have some fun. I'm not complaining." Mao called back as their fighters taxied to halt on the apron.

"Levy!" an excited voice called out.

"You just realized who was landing before us?" Mao giggled.

“No. It’s just seeing our friend’s planes up close is making me excited.”

“In more ways than one I bet.” Alyosha snorted.

The F-16's parked themselves and began their shutdown procedure as the ground crew scurried up with ladders, others moved to look over the payload of AIM-9X Block III Sidewinders, AIM-120D AMRAAM's, and the center-line travel pod bolted to the jets. Looking on was a disgruntled dark skinned woman by the name of Fara Al-Shamrani and her shy blonde subordinate Angelique Dubois who jumped as she realized she was to help police the armament of the parked jets. Both had the responsibility of caring for the lead F-16G number 045-125 aka the "Foxy Lady IV."

Rein meanwhile looked at the F-14D Block II Quickstrike flown by Sharky, immediately drenching herself in a flood of memories of working and playing with him during the Sapin Civil War. Comet began to fidget as she unbuckled herself from her mount she warmly named "Halley" after the famous Erusean astronomer.

Mao meanwhile made a fox ear gesture with her right hand while mouthing "Kon-Kon" to Zachary who had popped the canopy and returned her gesture with a peace sign and a smile. Mao by now simply wanted to get on the ground, meet her man, and say her hello's to her comrades nearby. For now she settled on running her hands through her choppy black hair done in the style of a character from an animated movie she saw a while back.

"Okay lover-boy, let's get you down from there." his crew chief Fara called up to him.

"If you could, I get the feeling a reunion is about to take place."

Fara looked over to the PMC jets and rolled her eyes. "The lewd migration is complete."

Zack simply smirked looking over to the Tomcats in addition to an increasingly excited Rein who had gotten down from her Falcon and began to sprint towards the lead plane.

“Everyone get some cover, a comet just entered the atmosphere!” He shouted in the direction of his fellow pilots who took notice of the busty blonde rushing towards the mercenary Tomcat.
    Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:09 pm

March 25th, 2025

Time: 1023 Cinigrad Standard Time

The Long haul from Griswall was not the most fun you can have in a plane, but Lt.Col Carlos Anthony was use to the long and boring nighthawk flights. The small timer in the cockpit blinked letting him know how long the flight had taken.

"Not that long now..." he softly mused as he turned on the radar beacons, letting the Yuktobanians know he was there. It still made him chuckle knowing that even in this age, the nighthawks of Otus flight could surprise people.

"Tiger Tower, This is Otus Flight of Single Craft. Requesting permission to land."

The Tower responded quick, "Copy, Otus Flight you are cleared to land on Runway Zero Niner Romeo."

"Roger That." Carlos Finished, Gliding the Ghost Gray stealth fighter down. After a surprising quick taxi, He found himself near a set of Strike Eagles, and not far from another group of pilots that just landed in there Falcons.

Walking towards the gathering group, he stretched his arms out and and spoke, "So, what brings lovely bunch of people here." Giving a Warm yet sharp smile, "Guessing not for the historical relics here."

----------------------------------------

March 25th, 2025

Time: 1027 Cinigrad Standard Time

Clicking her Radio off after getting Clearance to land, 1st Lt. Ryoko Tompson started for the runway Zero Niner Lima. She was not looking forward to this assignment as and in-between for the base and the foreign pilots. She was happy at least for still being on the flight rosters as a pilot in addition to her other duty.

Taking her Gripen down, She looked over as some of the other planes. She was less than happy over the the fact that Oseans were on Yuke soil again, but for the sake of her mission, she would not say such things out loud.

Knowing her role, she needed to at least be known to the pilots she would be fighting with, but she thought it would be better for her to get to know the base personal first, But still kept an eye on the other pilots. Her gripes can wait until after her duty for her country...
    Durandal7
    U.E.S.C. Marathon

Post by Durandal7 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 am

March 25th, 2025
    Time: 1030 Cinigrad Standard Time

"Skynet flight cleared for landing on runway Zero Niner Romeo, welcome to Yuktobania."

"Roger Tiger Tower, Skynet 1 out." Crash switched the over to the plane's intercom.

"I can't believe they're putting T-1000 out into the field. We'll be lucky if it doesn't end up getting us killed." Crash grumbled.

"ACE has been approved for field testing, she'll be fine." Blue Jay tried to reassure him.

Crash sighed. "I still think it's a bad idea, but we're here now, and we've got a job to do."

Crash brought the shiny black Tomcat in for a landing, followed by the F-15 ACTIVE of Skynet 2. While taxiing to their designated parking spots in front of the Project ACE hangar, crash noticed the two Tomcats parked in the next spaces. After shutting their planes down and getting their feet back on terra firma, the 3 pilots of VX-11 met beside their planes as the mechanics got to work.

Crash gestured at the third pilot. "Try not to act strange around the other pilots, it's going to be stressful enough around here already."

The female pilot deadpanned. "What do you mean by strange, sir?"

Crash put his hand to his forehead and shook his head slightly. "Just try to act normal, or at least as normal as you can..."

"Yes sir. The female pilot replied.

Blue Jay leaned over to Crash. "Try not to be too hard on her, she's trying her best."

Crash frowned and wondered what he had done to get stuck with this assignment.

The trio headed over toward the pair of Tomcats and their aircrew next door.

Crash raised an eyebrow at the pirate flag carried by what appeared to be the RIO of the lead plane, and provided introductions. "I see you have good taste in aircraft. I'm Crash."

Crash gestured at Blue Jay, and then the other female pilot, who was still wearing her helmet. "This is Blue Jay, and -that- is T-X."

Blue Jay rolled her eyes at the nickname Crash had given the other pilot, while Crash continued. "VX-11 Terminators, OMDF."

Crash offered his right hand toward the pilot, as his RIO had his hands full with his gear and the pirate flag.

0% Damage F-15F ACTIVE Status:
    M61A2 PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    M61A2 PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-9X
    12x AIM-120D
    18x AIM-120D
    12x AIM-54E ECCM

Some say he has a digital face, and that all his legs are hydraulic.
    Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:57 pm

March 25th, 2025
    1035 Hours Cinigrad Standard Time
    Somewhere off the coast of Yuktobania…

‘Gott im Himmel… never gets old.’

High above the clouds of the Pacific Ocean, with the eastern sun now shining brilliantly behind their backs, a Vic Formation of fighters were cruising at an almost casual pace towards the Yuktobanian Coast. These fighters, marked distinctively by a Peregrine Feather Pattern on their airframes and by a Black/ White/ and Gold delta, were Bm.422C2 Ginovers from the 42nd Tactical Fighter Squadron “Eisern” of the Legendary Belkan Air Force. Not too long ago, this unit was sent into battle for the first time against the might of the Sapin Air Force, and although in the grand scheme of things weren’t the highest scoring unit sent into the conflict, they had shown the world that Belka’s Air Force had not only rebuilt itself but had capable pilots once again. With the situation in Verusa now deteriorating, and Belka’s current foreign policy emphasizing a definite zero tolerance for fascist states, it was only natural that Belka would send in pilots to help the Neo-United Nations new Agency, ARIA. So, six hours ago, the lead five planes of the 42nd Squadron left Tausberg after a supply plane had left before them in advance to join ARIA’s Air Rapid Response Force.

At first, the flight was a little rough, given that they were flying through remnants of a storm that had broken off the Typhoon that had ravaged Yuktobania’s coast days prior, but by the first hour of the flight they were high above the turbulence and making headway. Along the way, about three hours in, they encountered a civilian flight and had to change course to prevent a near collision. Major Arthur von Rheindars, the Squad Leader of Eisern, could still remember with what could be described as a grimace how the civilian pilot had badgered him about why Belkan Fighters were flying so far away from home. It gave him pause for thought, and although he heard it countless times before, the distrust people had against Belka always did leave him disturbed. As the son of the “Hero of the Belkan People”, now General Erhardt von Rheindars, he was raised to always defy those who would ask him to wantonly throw away his ethics moral integrity, so like his father he had a disdain for authority. Not that many people would notice… given his status as an Officer himself, and his usual cool and somewhat introverted demeanor.

However, Arthur’s thoughts were quickly interrupted when the Squad Channel kicked back to life with a voice:

Trixi
    <<So, looks like we weren’t late for the party after all.>>

It was Trixi, or rather it was Oberleutnant Mia “Trixi” Armer, Eisern’s 3rd element in formation. As the Granddaughter of famed aircraft designer and protégé of master designer Anton Kupchenko, Axel Armer, along with growing up in her father’s civil aircraft company, she had practically grew up in a hangar. However, not wanting to be bound by the limits propeller aircraft had and wanting to be as close to the cutting edge as possible, she decided to not follow her father’s footsteps and instead joined the Belkan Air Force. However, once signed up and already on the way of becoming a pilot, she had quickly gained a reputation for spending far more time learning how to disassemble her aircraft and customize it rather than being in the air and flying the planes. Perhaps it was because of that reputation, or perhaps it was because of her purple jumpsuit with goggles she earned her name “Trixi”, named after the Belkan name of a certain gadgeteering mouse.

Katze
    <<For ficken sake we better not! 6 ficken hours non-stop from Tausberg to this base in the middle of wer weiß wohin, the beds better be as good as Arthur’s Villa!>>

Leutnant Katryn “Katze” Löwe, Eisern’s 5th Element and all around hot-blooded thrill seeker of the unit. Many have wondered just how she had managed to slip by the Belkan Air Force’s rigorous pilot evaluation procedure, with stories ranging from bribery to outright scandal. The reason was because of her reputation for hostility at the drop of a hat and her often seen excessive tactics in simulated combat, which caused many to see her as a violent and possibly even dangerous wingwoman to have in a unit. It didn’t help that she had came from Hoffnung, well known for being a city still recovering from the effects of the Belkan War, and had grew up in it’s more run-down areas. Stories even persisted of an ex-boyfriend who had lost his tongue to an “accident” that was never located… to which she would reply tongue held firmly in cheek that she had it nailed to a board and burned.

It was thanks to her own behavior that caused her to be held back several times in the academy, her competence and skill being the only thing preventing her from being out-right thrown out of the academy. However, after falling in with Arthur, Mia, and the rest of the pilots who would be assigned to the 42nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, she began to see her behavior mellow down. Although still reckless and perhaps having trouble holding her tongue to superiors, she was no longer hostile towards her fellow pilots, and was even seen as dependable. Eventually, she was assigned to the 42nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, where she had finally proved her worth against the Sapin Air Force. In short, although maybe the last person you would want to turn to for advice lest it involved shoving someone into a propeller, when things hit the fan she would fight without a second thought.

Trixi
    <<And how would you know, eh Katze? Hm?>>

Katze
    <<Hey, you’re no angel youself, heh. You weren’t the only one busy on leave at Arthur’s Villa, right Spatz?>>

Spatz
    <<….>>

Katze
    <<…Spatz?>>

Spatz
    <<*Snore*>>

Katze
    <<Why am I dating him? Seriously, why am I dating him?>>

Hund
    <<Spatz, if you can hear this, you do realize if you keep sleeping and we need to make a course correction, you’re going on a one-way trip to Infinity. If that is your intention, do send us postcards…  I would like to know what the weather is like.>>

Spatz
    <<*Snores louder*>>

Hauptmann Alexander “Hund” Lazenreiter, and Leutnant Anthony “Spatz” Rudiger Amsel, Eisern’s 2nd and “Deadly 4th Element” respectively, were both the most laid back members of the squadron, but for very different reasons. Alexander grew up on the shores of Anfang and came from a fighter pilot clan with a mother who was a brewmaster for a home beer company, and while laid back and optimistic, was refined and spoke with a North Belkan Accent like Arthur. Anthony on the other hand grew up in Sudentor and while street smart, had little ambition in life and simply drifted from one interest to the next, and was the very definition of lazy. Like Katryn, rumors persist on how he was able to enter the Belkan Air Force, his demented humor and what some would think nihilistic mindset somehow getting past the evaluators thanks to the mask of indifference and aloof disinterest. Alexander on the other hand was pressured thanks to his family heritage into joining the Belkan Air Force, but once he was behind the control stick, found that he was in his element.

Wanderfalke
    <<Wonder why those Osean Units didn’t squawk us while we were shadowing them… that Aurelian Nighthawk must’ve seen us also...>>

Trixi
    <<Talking to yourself, Liebling? You know if you’re feeling lonely, you could just talk to me.>>

Wanderfalke
    <<Not over the comms…>>

Trixi
    <<What’s the matter, Arthur? It’s private comms, unless you want me to switch to public… I don’t care if they knew we–>>

Wanderfalke
    <<Trixi! Look… we’re professionals ja? Can we not at least try to act it before we land? >>

Trixi
    <<No such luck, Liebling. >>

At that moment, however, a beeping came from Arthur’s console. Looking over, he could see it was a transmission coming in on another frequency. Switching comms, he was greeted by:

Tiger Tower
    <<Repeat: Attention unknown fighters, this is Tiger Naval Air Force Base, you are entering Yuktobanian sovereign airspace. Identify yourself.>>

Wanderfalke
    <<Tiger Tower, this is Major Arthur von Rheindars of the 42nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Belkan Air Force: here on detached assignment for ARIA Air. Requesting permission to land.>>

There was a brief pause that to Arthur felt like an eternity before the Tower finally responded:

Tiger Tower
    <<…Roger Eisern, you’re cleared for final. Wind 110º at 10 knots. Approach Runway 09L. Welcome to Yuktobania.>> 

Wanderfalke
    <<Thank you Tiger.>>

Arthur then turned to his Squadron’s Channel and said,

Wanderfalke
    <<On final approach now, follow my lead.>>

With that, Arthur made a sharp descent and altered his course by only a few degrees towards the runway, which was now just in sight. One by one, the rest of Eisern followed Arthur’s example, pitching their planes down and preparing for landing… all except for Eisern 4. Anthony, who was still asleep and flying only with his auto-pilot on, was now drifting off course and was sailing away from the rest of formation. Arthur, concerned, spoke up,

Wanderfalke
    <<Spatz, you’re off course, correct by 10 degrees, repeat 10 degrees.>>

Spatz
    <<*Snores*>>

Wanderfalke
    << Gottverdammt Spatz, Wake up du Idiot!>>

Spatz
    <<*Snores Louder*>>

Alexander, sensing his friend needed something better than Arthur’s easily ignorable shouting, picked up his iPhone and picked a song to play over the Squad Comms. It began with a wistful playing of the piano… cheerful yet some how yearning. Then came the lyrics:

“I’m sailing away,
    Set an open course for the virgin sea.
    ‘Cause I’ve got to be free,
    Free to face the life that’s ahead of me.”

Suddenly, the plane pitched and made a sharp descent, sliding perfectly back into formation. Before Arthur could even shout at Anthony for scaring the rest of the Squadron, Anthony spoke first,

Spatz
    <<Did you really think I was gonna’ fly off without you guys?>>

Wanderfalke
    <<…Not… even… funny…>>

Spatz
    <<Lighten up, Döhl, I’m “Deadly Number 4”, no way the Reaper’s gonna touch me. I am the Reaper.>>

Wanderfalke
    <<Pride like that is gonna get you killed.>>

Spatz
    <<Yet here I am, one conflict later, still in one piece and never hit once, and by the way Katze… you just can’t resist me, that’s why.>>

Katze
    <<…What…?>>

Spatz
    <<You asked why you still dated me, right?>>

Katze
    <<Wanderfalke… permission to send an IRIS-T up his ass?>>

Wanderfalke
    <<Denied, we’re landing now.>>

Katze
    <<You’re no fun, you know that?>>

Wanderfalke
    <<I like you too.>>

Hund
    <<*Sound of head hitting dashboard repeatedly*>>

Trixi
    <<….Arthur.>>

Arthur
    <<I get it… Schatz… I owe you.>>

Trixi
    <<Grosse Zeit.>>

Finally, without any further delay, the planes began landing one by one on Runway 09L and taxied onto E4 to join the rest of the amassed planes of ARIA. With the engines powered down and the planes hooked up to the trucks to tow them into their hangars, ladders were brought out for the planes, and one by one the pilots of Eisern climbed out.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:10 am

It hadn't been too long when the roar of engines. Eric's ears perked up at the sound of a familiar roar, one he'd heard from the days when his dad had been in the service. He left inspecting his F-21 to catch the next arrivals as they came in. It was a Tomcat! An honest-to-goodness F-14! Mark, a fellow fan, was at his side to watch.

"Emmerian? ISAF?" Eric asked, trying to ID the roundel. Mark shook his head.

"Nah, roundel isn't right...and sweet mother of Tiger Cole what'd they do to her? She looks somethin you buy from the gift shop at the Percer Sea museum." He said. After a minute he recognized the markings.

"Eh, at least it's a Tomcat. True it isn't in gray but it's a Cat. Glad to see we have something good on our side." Eric grinned.

"Rosenthal, PMC company that upgrades old jets and likes to make fancy weapons. When Ah was involved in that little spat in Sapin last year, they did some work in the northwest of the country. Tore it up, apparently." He explained.

"Shall we go introduce ourselves?" Eric proposed. Mark nodded.

"Only natural. Hey, Juke!" He grinned conspiratorially.

Ryu looked up from the yellow sheet he'd been examining for the past 20 minutes at them, and then ran towards his senior pilots.

"Come on and be social with us. Maybe you can meet some new friends and help us poke fun at any Air Force people that come to this place." Eric said. Ryu walked up to them.

"Fine by me, besides it's better than staring at my own handwriting while we wait for Vixen to return." He agreed.

"That's the spirit." Eric smiled. He turned and led the trio towards the F-14s.

As they walked along, the F-16Gs and F-15Es touched down. Eric made the comment about the Air Force already arriving, though Mark was quick to point out the Strike Eagles were Emmerian. Though not hostile to the Osean Air Force, their status as Osean Navy pilots meant they were "obligated" to at least give their land-based brethren a good-natured rib-poking. As they approached, it seemed one F-16 pilot had left her machine even before the craft had shut down. Bounding across the tarmac, she tackle-hugged one of the pilots of the F-14s.

"Well shit...that happened." Mark commented with arched brows. Ryu had to laugh.

"That was actually pretty funny, I have to admit. I'll have to here the story behind that move." He added.

"We'll hear it soon enough..." Eric said as they got close enough. He noted the pirate flag being raised. Well, they certainly embraced the merc persona he thought. The pilot also noted another F-14 in Osean markings, a test bird, being tended too across the way.

"Glad to see one of the better NAVAIR jets still flies. According to Tex this one has a rep from Sapin." He commented, loud enough for the others to hear.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm

Sharky and Shamu dismounted their Quickstrike, named Leviathan, as the F-16s of Canis squadron pulled up. The two completed their post flight checks and were talking to their crew chief, a Yuktobanian-Osean by the name of Victor Nobolev, when the F-16s pulled to a stop and shut down.

As the roar of engines subsided, Sharky turned to the new arrivals and said to himself, “This is gonna be interesting.”

Shamu, who had removed his helmet to allow his head to breathe in the sweltering air, was surprised to see that his pilot had not yet done the same.  “Uhhh…  Sharky?  You gonna take your helmet off, bro?”

Sharky raised a finger and said, “Just wait.”  Noticing Rein sprinting toward him at full tilt, he counted down quietly.  “And three… two… one…”

Rein raced towards the contractor; her boots banging against the pavement heavily while her chest heaved, “SHARKY!” The busty blonde shouted as she leapt forward and impacted her target, snatching him up into a hug and pushing him back into his aircraft with an audible thud.

“Ohgod!”  This was all Sharky was able to utter before the comet collided with his chest, sending him flying against Leviathan.

Zack in the meantime had gotten down from his aircraft shaking his head. “We have impact.” Mao who had completed her post flight checks met with her flight lead. “She’s enthusiastic.”

“Would you blame her? It’s been a while. I’m excited to see them again.”

“Excited enough to tackle him?”

“Maybe not that excited.” Zack smirked while putting his teashades on.

“Did you miss me? Did you?” Rein said as if she were a hyperactive child, her racing vocalizations cut short by planting her lips on the dark skinned pilot.

“Does she seriously have to debase herself like that?” Fara groaned.

“It’s Rein.” Zack shot back over his shoulder.

As he watched the scene unfold, Shamu said to Victor, “Well, I guess that explains that.”

“That it does, sir.”

Shaking his head sadly, Shamu sighed, “And I thought I was supposed to be the womanizer out of the two of us.”

Victor said, “Well sir, you do still have Miss Ionescu.  And there was that lady from the base exchange.  And the lady from air traffic control.  And the one from Human Resources you were talking about that one time.  And that veterinarian...”

“You’re just trying to cheer me up, aren’t you, Vic?”

Victor shrugged, “Possibly.”

Shamu chuckled, “Good man.”

Meanwhile, Sharky pushed Rein away far enough to allow himself to breathe.  “Whoa there, Miss Bouncy.  Sharks gotta breathe too, you know.”  Pecking her again on the lips before releasing her and standing back up straight, he chuckled, “It’s good to see you too.  Yinz have a good flight over?”

Rein smiled, “We certainly did, it was on the boring side though. Lots of flying on autopilot and listening to Alyosha trying his best to piss Mao off. We also brought some friends along for the ride too!” pointing to the KC-46 that had come to a rest before turning her attention back to Sharky “Oh, what’s with all the business of calling me bouncy eh?”

Zack and Mao meanwhile walked in the direction of the scene talking to one another.

“Think they’ll recognize this?” Mao said twiddling her gold engagement pendant attached to a choker.

“They might, we didn’t tell anyone outside the squadron besides our families about us getting engaged.”

“Yeah.”

Alyosha rushed up beside the pair somewhat breathless. “Wait up! God I hate this humidity.”

Zack shrugged, “Hey you took your time getting down from your plane.” taking notice of the other aircraft landing Zack cocked an eyebrow, “Getting busy.”

The three F-16 pilots approached Rein, Sharky, Shamu, and Vic with Zack making his presence known to the four. “Sharkman! Shamu! Vic! It’s been a while! I see our Comet left a crater.”

Sharky shrugged and said to Rein, chuckling,  “Well, my dear Lieutenant Carter, you are bouncy, are you not?  Plus given the nature of the origin of your other nickname, I felt that calling you ‘Miss Spicy’ would not be appropriate for the current situation.”  Turning to Zack, he grinned and said, “She tried to.  Thank goodness for bone domes, eh?”

Shamu raised a hand in greeting, and Victor said, “Good afternoon, sirs and ma’ams.”

“True, Bouncy it is then.” Rein responded with a slight giggle.

“Hello Victor, good to see you again.” Mao spoke.

Zack replied to Sharky, “Indeed, I wouldn’t want to bang my head on a plane at the speed she was sprinting at without one. I already know what it’s like to get a Comet Hug at full speed. I’m just glad she tackled me onto something softer.” Zack laughed before getting a nudge from Mao.

“What?”

Mao rolled her eyes at Zack’s reply. “So what brings our favorite band of snakes to this wonderful corner of the world?” Mao asked, trying to change the subject.

“Same reason why everyone else is here. To remove Verusa in case of a militarized hissy fit.” Alyosha snarked.

Rein in the meantime fidgeted slightly, her excitement not waning. Mao took notice of her behavior with a sigh.

“You’re like a ten year old who chugged Mountain Dew.”

“I can’t help it! I’m glad to see us all reunited, that and seeing Sharky with Levy again.”

Sharky said slyly, “Gee, I wonder why.”

Meanwhile, Shamu had noticed the effects of Rein’s entrance on the F-14.  “You left a dent…  HOW DID YOU DENT THE JET?  VICTOR HOW DID THEY DENT THE JET?”

Victor sighed, “The wonders of aluminum, sir.  I guess I’m gonna have to fix that.  Fortunately it’s just the one panel.”

As the three VX-11 pilots walked over and Crash introduced himself, Sharky untangled himself from Rein and stood up.  Accepting the proffered hand, he said, “Good to meet you. Sharky Sarkar, 8th TFS.  Rosenthal.  The dude over there with the pirate flag is Shamu, my RIO.”  

Shamu shifted his gear slightly so he was able to extend a hand to Crash.  “Nice to meet you.”  Noticing Blue Jay, Shamu walked over to her and said, “Well, helloooo there.  Samya Suara.  DELIGHTED to meet you.”

Sharky sighed, “Damnit, not again.”  To Crash he said, “Please ignore my RIO.  He never graduated from puberty.  At least whenever he’s outside the cockpit, anyway.”

Hearing Eric make his comment about Sapin, Sharky turned to the new arrivals.  “Oh, hey there.  Got tired of playing with your tinker toys and decided to come hang out with the real jets?”

Last edited by shomu1 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:31 pm

The Aurelian watched the fangirlish display around the privateers. Walking over to them, He clapped, "Bravo, bravo. So when do we break out the Volleyball nets? Between the old era MiG's littering this base and the..." Looking at the planes, he spots there painted flag, "Pirates ships, we seem to be rolling the cold war movie that never was!"  giving a hearty chuckle as he did.  "Though my that logic, I guess my ride is not showing up in the film or radar, Ha!"

"You're all really damn noticeable here." A short pilot in a Yuke flight suit said, "And did I hear right or did someone dent a plane? How?" Her face contorted trying to figure that out. Shaking her head, "What ever. At least most of you know each other. That'll make things work better."

The Aurelian shrugged, "Well now we have a tour guide. Maybe we should get to know each other," looking at the Pirates and Oseans, "For those who don't know each other. I'm From everyone's former favorite Vacation spot, Lieutenant Colonel Carlos Anthony. So, How about you Blackbeard?" looking at the Privateers, "Or the sparrow that helped dent your Tomcat there?"

The Brunette pilot just grumbled, still confused on why would they dent it...
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Approaching the group, the four Emmerians got a front row seat to the scene.

"Well, seems that the one of the pirates has an admirer." Beatrix said, looking upon the scene.

"Get a room you two!" Claudio said jokingly.

William then noticed the Belkan fighters pull up.
    Durandal7
    U.E.S.C. Marathon

Post by Durandal7 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:27 am

Crash grinned. "Don't worry, Blue Jay can take care of herself. The last guy who persisted after she rejected his advances still walks funny to this day." 

Blue Jay frowned at Crash: "That was an accident, I was just trying to scare him."

Crash chuckled. "Well you sure scared him alright, now he starts walking the other direction whenever he sees you."

Blue Jay put her hand to her forehead and shook her head slightly, said a terse hello, then grabbed Crash's arm and dragged him off to toward the hangar. "Excuse us, I just remembered something we needed to go over with the maintenance crew." Blue Jay said and then added under her breath. "...about where they keep the tools that most resemble baseball bats."

The third pilot followed behind without saying a word, walking in a slightly mechanical fashion.

0% Damage F-15F ACTIVE Status:
    M61A2 PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    M61A2 PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-9X
    12x AIM-120D
    18x AIM-120D
    12x AIM-54E ECCM

Some say he has a digital face, and that all his legs are hydraulic.
    Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:57 am

Climbing out of his Ginover and onto the hangar floor, Arthur took a deep breath of fresh air, feeling the hint of the sea breeze coming from Tiger's coast. Looking around the hangar, he felt both right at home and yet somehow a stranger at the same time, the Yuktobanian writing over many panels, signs, and equipment only reinforcing the sensation.   Looking over his shoulder, he spotted Mia already taking her flight suit off to the waist and tying it to keep it up as she inspected her Ginover slowly and carefully. Knowing better than to watch her, he went to work and did the post flight check, making mental notes as a Belkan Air Crew that had arrived the day before came up to their planes. 

With the post-flight checks all settled, Arthur gripped his Helmet, adorned by a blue stylized Falcon Power Diving by the straps and left the hangar to look at the other planes and perhaps even mingle with the other pilots. Not too far away, he spotted the gathered flights of Tomcats, Falcons, Eagles, Thunderhawks, and the odd lone Nighthawk. His gaze was first drawn to the Emmerian F-15E's, which bore proudly on their intakes the emblem of Garuda Squadron.

With a raised eyebrow, Arthur thought to himself, 'So the lucky fighter of Emmeria and his unit decided to throw his lot in with ARIA, this will be interesting'. Turning his head, he then quickly noticed the pilots gathered around the flight of Falcons and a pair of black Tomcats with shark mouths painted on them, and immediately felt a wave of deja vu overtake him.

'Canis Squadron of Osea, and Rosenthal's Pirates, Basilisk, there's no mistaking them... is this really Sapin all over again?'

Arthur could still clearly remember what had only been a few months prior, when Eisern received it's baptism of fire against the surprising strength of the Sapinish Air Force. Back then, Arthur was a newly minted Captain fresh from the Officer Career Advancement Program, and was brimming with ambition. Due to this, coupled with his lineage, he was given the callsign "Jack Daw" or "Dohl" by his peers. However, everything changed when Captain Oswald Bauer, his mentor and flight lead, died after crashing his plane into his wingman's wing. Suddenly thrusted with temporary command of Eisern for much of the war, Arthur and the nuggets of Eisern began to prove themselves against the Sapin Forces.

It was during this time that Arthur became acquainted his with counterparts from Rosenthal and Osea, who were operating in the same AO. Although he didn't know them directly, word of mouth can travel a long way, and Rosenthal was well known even in Belka. Now, with the Civil War in Sapin months behind in the past, Arthur was now a Major by merit and the official flight lead of Eisern by right. No longer was he "Jack Daw", he had proven himself a talented pilot in the eyes of his peers, he was "Wanderfalke" now. With this in mind, Arthur felt he stood on level ground with the Pirates, and this gave him the confidence he needed to approach them. 

Walking up to Sharky and the gathered pilots, Arthur also took note of Mark's jacket, which bore patches decorating his time in Sapin... further heightening the feeling this was just a continuation of the last war, and said to the Pirate with a good natured chuckle, "So, the Southern Air of Sapin wasn't hot enough for you, eh Shark Master?"

Last edited by Lemniscus 1 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:53 am

Eric chuckled in amusement.

"Tinker Toy?" He said, glancing at Mark.

"Eh, it's a term from Sapin. We rescued a pair of the merc birds from some Sapin CK-1s and one of the pilots yelled in apparent disbelief that they'd been saved by "tinker toys". Guess it stuck." Mark shrugged. 

He remembered the engagement had almost gotten him a third kill, but he'd only gotten a probable. Later it'd been revealed an F-CK-1 had crashed on final to its home, apparently from battle damage. CAG Boyce had very adamantly said "Screw the bastards, that was a kill".

"Better than what the Raptor drivers try and throw at us with that "Chickenhawk" jibe. Still a bird of prey despite the intent." the tall one chuckled. He then stuck a hand out to Sharky.

"Lt. Mark Walker, or Tex if y'all prefer callsigns." He said.

"And Lt. Eric Bradford, also known as Saber. The short guy with us is Ryu Itogara." Eric added in.

"Jukebox." Ryu simply nodded. He looked at the dent the recent incident had just caused.

"I'd also guess it's not a real man's jet if just that dented it." He chortled.

"Wash your mouth with soap, Lieutenant Junior Grade Itogara." Eric replied quickly, snapping his fingers at the man. Eric wasn't afraid to defend both his current mount and its proverbial father. Granted that wasn't to say he was a bit more biased towards the F-21...

"Aye aye, Saber." Ryu nodded, rolling his eyes.

Mark's head perked up at the mention of "Shark Master" coming from the BAF officer. He looked at the man, who looked pretty young.

"Another Sapin vet, eh? Seems the UN did good picking some folks with combat time. Ah don't remember many of the other pilots Ah flew with outside the boat Ah was on, but either way Ah'm Lt. Mark Walker. Tex if yah wanna use that. Flew with VF-34 during the war." He said, extending a hand.

Eric, in the meantime, had also noted something while he was talking to both Sharky and Ryu. A woman in YAF greens, a shapely one too, was walking towards the crowd with a professional expression on her. Eric tried not to grin too much, making his lower lip contort oddly as he nodded in acknowledgement to Ekaterina. She nodded back to her friend; this was about to get good...

"Lieutenant Mark Walker!"

Eric coughed and looked at Sharky as Mark's eyebrows arched.

"So anyways, you were saying, Shark Master?" He asked, still trying not to laugh.

Mark turned around, excusing himself to the Belkan flight lead, to face the intel officer. She maintained a very composed look, despite wanting to tackle him and smother her beloved in affection. Instead teasing him would be more fun.

"Lieutenant, you were due to be briefed by the intel department here for VF-138's benefit over an hour ago. Explain yourself, Lieutenant!" She demanded in a stern voice. Her accent was heavily present in her Osean.

"Ah...uhm Lieutenant Notolvich, that isn't my department. Ah'm the Ops JO." He stumbled out, having to think a minute. It didn't get him much.

"No excuses! You should know that air operations require tight planning and up-to-date information. Now, you will report to my quarters at the earliest convenience to receive your brief. Is that understood, Marky?~"

With the last word, Kat's pet nickname for her man, her angered demeanor vanished and was replaced by a bubbly, pleasant demeanor. Almost like a tour guide. Eric finally let out a laugh.

"Bravo, Kat! Bravo! Shit Mark, you shoulda seen the look on your face." He hooted. Ryu was also chuckling.

"Welcome back to Yuktobania, Mark. I see you forgot your hat; I brought it with me." Ekaterina went on. She gave him a polite hug, keeping in mind she was in uniform, but snuck in a kiss against his chin.

"Glad to be here." Mark said, smiling down at her. He looked at Eric, who was still smiling.

"Enjoying yerself, Mr. Girl's Swim Team?" He asked, trying not to growl while Ekaterina introduced herself to the group. Eric was quick to sober up.

"Anyways Tomcats, yes. And I noticed some F-16s landed earlier; they yours?" the blonde said, diverting the subject as he looked towards Zack and company.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Sharky frowned slightly at the Aurelian's joke, thinking to himself, "This guy needs to improve his idea of a joke..."  before saying in the man's native tongue, "Buenos dias.  I'm Sarathi 'Sharky' Sarkar of Rosenthal and this is my RIO Samya 'Shamu' Suara.  Over there by the other jet are our wingmen Evan 'Showtime' Mendoza and Adam 'Millie' Millington."

Sharky ignored the Yuktobanian pilot's confused grumbling, but Victor engaged her.  "It's really just a minor dent, ma'am.  Should only take a few minutes to flatten out.  This jet's certainly seen worse."

Shamu chuckled, "Yeah like that time Sharky decided to get cheeky with that An-12."

Sharky protested, "Hey, that fucker did NOT want to die!  And I wanted to save a Sidewinder!"

"Which you ended up using anyway."

"Well, yeah."

"I'm just glad we managed to get the SLAMs off in one piece."

"Yeah."

Hearing Claudio's quip about getting a room, Sharky called back, "But then who would keep the party going?"

Turning to Crash, Blue Jay, and T-X, Sharky said, "Eh, Shamu's been through plenty of situations like that.  Somehow he's still fine."

As the three VX-11 pilots walked away, Sharky noticed T-X's awkward gait.  Nudging his RIO, Sharky asked quietly, "Yo Shams, something seem off to you about the Eagle pilot?"

Shamu, who had been occupied looking at Blue Jay's backside as she walked away, said dismissively, "Nah, nothin'.  You're seeing things.  Go take a nap, grandpa."

Sharky simply rolled his eyes at his RIO as the Belkans walked up.  In response to Arthur's comment about the heat he said nonchalantly, "It's still cooler than the desert.  Besides.  I just go where they send me.  Those Ginovers look familiar though.  You guys are with that squad whose flight lead had a midair with his wingman, right?"  

Shamu spoke up, "Oh yeah, I remember those guys.  Say, what's up with your jets?  You guys DO realize it's not 1917, right?  Dazzle camo is kind of...  Dated."

Sharky nodded, "At least in an air to air environment, anyway.  But whatever.  Let's hope your wingmens' wings stay where they're supposed to."  Sharky chuckled as Mark recounted his introduction to the "tinker toy" nickname.  Accepting the man's proffered hand, he said, "Nah, kid.  That's what we call all of those puny single seat jets.  But good to meet you.  'Sharky' Sarkar.  My RIO, Shamu, our crew chief, Victor, and our illustrious wingmen Showtime and Millie."  Shamu, Victor, Showtime, and Millie raised their hands in greeting.  Turning to Ryu, he said, grinning evilly, "I can dent your jet if you like, lieutenant."

Victor sighed, "Seriously what is up with everybody and this dent?  It's tiny!  And it's like a two-minute fix!  It does absolutely NOTHING to structural integrity!"

Sharky shrugged, "Eh, I guess people are being paranoid."

"Apparently."

Shamu meanwhile was entranced by the arrival of the Yuktobanian intel officer.  "Haaaaaats..."  He started to shuffle towards the buxom Yuktobanian, but was stopped by Sharky, who pulled him into a headlock. "Sharky what are you doing?  There are hats!"

"You idiot can't you see she's taken?"

"Ah...  But...  But..."

"Oh shut it.  Save it for the chick in ATC.  Or Daci.  Assuming you can keep it in your pants that long."

"You're such a killjoy..."

"It's my job," Sharky chuckled as he dragged his RIO back to their jet.  As he passed Mao and Zack, he noticed Mao toying with a gold pendant around her neck.  Raising an eyebrow Sharky asked, "I don't remember seeing that before.  Something new, Mao?"

Last edited by shomu1 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Rein smirked at Sharky asking about Mao's pendant as she bounced back towards the other three pilots, the brightly polished piece of jewelry crafted into a shape of a fox curled around a ruby.

Yes Mao what would that happen to be wrapped your neck there? Mind sharing with the class?” Rein teased as she pecked the pair on the cheeks.

Come on Rein, you already know what it is!” Mao replied, her cheeks reddening.

Well?”

Yes; it's a gift that Zack presented to me after we returned from Sapin. It's beautiful isn't it? He spent a fortune on it.” Mao said to Sharky as a smile formed on her face. “We were on vacation in Zack's home state when he presented it to me. It's one of the sweetest things he's done for me.” Mao was slightly nervous mentioning the word “engagement” to anyone in the crowd, feeling anxious about their potential reaction.

Zack wrapped his arm around the Pointese pilot's right shoulder. “I certainly did and it was all for you sweetheart.” Ferret took notice of Claudio and the Aurelian but decided not to say anything in reply despite a slight annoyance building inside himself from their behavior. Rein however had not even given the pair a single thought, she was more occupied with the joy of being reunited with everyone.

Alyosha in the meantime took notice of T-X's walk and appearance as the VX-11 crew departed for the hangar, “I don't know why, but I am suddenly feeling very unsettled by that woman's appearance and gait.”

Already sizing up your potential quarry Aly? You work fast!” Mao giggled.

No really something's up with that woman.”

You need to calm down Matchstick. There's plenty of other people to stare at and interact with around here. Maybe you'll find a nice Emmerian girl.” Zack said as he smiled at his college buddy turned wingman.

Hmm...maybe I should make that an objective.”

Mao rolled her eyes as she looked over to Rein, “Well seems you've given Vic a bump and bondo job today. People should really calm down about that.”

They should, the way they were acting you'd think I'd put a hole in poor Levy.” Rein replied.

Zack then took notice of the parked Ginovers and their pilots approaching, their markings, aircraft, and uniforms giving them away immediately as Belkan Luftwaffe. “Guys look familiar, certainly not the guys in the Hornet lookalikes we flew with in Sapin...” Zack thought as he observed their exchange. He then took notice of the NAVAIR pilots and the busty blonde Yuktobanian that had suddenly caught Shamu's attention.

Sorry about him, like Sharkman said. He hasn't graduated from puberty yet, much like this one back here with the Mohawk. Captain Zachary Hathaway, thrity second fighter squadron, third fighter wing. OADF. So you guys are Sapin veterans too huh? The woodland colored Falcons happen to belong to us. You can call me Ferret if you like.”

Mao then spoke up to Eric and the others, “First Lieutenant Mao Takayanagi, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Zack's number two and his significant other. Something I am not ashamed to say out loud. I am better known by my TAC Hime.”

Hey I will have you know I have made it out of puberty! I can grow a full beard and legally buy a beer!” Alyosha barked in reply before continuing. “Alyosha Denisov, also known as Matchstick to my comrades and friends. I'm this guy's best friend and his number three. We performed well in Sapin. Some SEAD, some CAP.”

Ah yes, you can do that because you are chronologically and biologically over twenty one but mentally you never made it past tenth grade my firend.” Zack chuckled.

Pfft.”

Very true Zacky, by the way I am Rein Carter, also known as Comet. I am a Lieutenant like Hime and Matchstick. I serve as Zack's number four, sometimes his number two.” she said with a wink. “If you are wondering about my exchange with Sharky over there. Long story but we're close. So you fly Thunderhawks huh? The smaller descendant of the mighty Kitty. Zack's brother transferred to those some time ago, he's Navy as well. Right?”

Zack nodded in reply. “Yep. Captain Marcus Hathaway or Nanook to his buds, currently serves as the CAG for VF-45 aboard the OFS Charger. He and his wingman Edwin aka Vash are veterans of the 2010 war. They were some of the last guys to really experience flying a Tomcat for the Navy. Unlike I who followed in my Grandfather's footsteps and joined the Air Force, he joined the Navy the moment he turned eighteen. Kinda sucks he can't join in on this little shindig, you'd enjoy his company.”

My sister is though.” Rein said.

Oh the Lightning pilot is? Right she's with VMFA-453.” Zack replied.

Yep.”

Anyway, it's a real pleasure to meet you guys. Good to see that us Oseans sent more than just a bunch of mercenaries, some misfits In Falcons and a single KC-46.” Zack chuckled.

Angelique now approached, the enlisted woman undoing her bun while waving her softcap trying to keep herself cool in the unbearable humid weather. “S-Sir! Miss Fara wanted me to advise you that we've squared the jets away!”

Zack nodded smiled, “Thank you Angel. Please, enough with the sir stuff. Zack will suffice.”

Yes S-Sir...I mean Zachary.”
    Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Ryoko Turned to respond to Victor, regaining her composure, "You see, back during the war things were tough. Every man and machine had no replacements. We grew attached to them as they were the things keeping us together and alive."

Turning to the rest of the pilots and raising her voice, "But things are different now. We have as much steel, gas and boolets as we need, to the only irreplaceable is us." Her voice gets a steeled up, and she is on a roll, "My Country may give you a shiny metal and some cash, but for the people living here we will be the difference. And for that, I thank you. But we have not started. There is much to do, and I humbly ask that we get started!" Rising her voice towards the end, Ryoko hoped for something...
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:35 pm

Noticing Arthur approaching, William turned to the Belkans and smiled, "Ahh, von Rheindars. It seems that fate has allowed us to fight side by side. How have things been?"

Dustin, Beatrix and Claudio listened to Ryoko's speech, to which the three clapped enthusiastically.

As they were doing so, an Emmerian C-17 came in for a landing. On board is Maj. Daniel Polini, former leader of the REAF 15th Squadron, as Emmeria's representative.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:03 am

"Mark's the only Sapin vet. My brother's over there with the Marines, though. He saw action on the ground and now serves as a peacekeeper." Eric explained to Zack. Mark nodded.

"Ah spent most of my time after the first few city raids over the hills to the north. After the SRAF became an invalid, most of the shots fired at me were from shoulder-launched weapons or the few AAA batteries that we quickly cratered." He drawled. He looked towards Kat and smiled.

"Anyways where are my manners. Hime, was it? Y'all don't really have to worry about yer relationship round me at least. This is Lieutenant Ekaterina Notolvich, my girlfriend." The tall one added.

"A pleasure. I work in the VVS's intelligence department, if any of you wish to know. And yes, Marky is my boyfriend." She said with a bow of her head. The blonde woman took his hand briefly.

"Oh, the two Strike Eagle crews, I presume? Welcome to the party. And VF-45 eh? My dad was CVW-2's head during 2010. Flew some of the last Super Tomcats. Mark's grandad flew em too; fought over Sapin in 85 and Belka in 95." Eric added as William and his compatriots walked up.

"Plus all those one-off strikes." Mark added.

In response to the evil grin from Sharky, Ryu smirked again.

"Just give me the proper music and I'll be ready to dent back." He remarked.

"Volbeat or Iron Maiden?" Eric replied.

"Either would work." Ryu half-laughed.

"Ah'll hedge my bets on the Sapin vet." Mark commented. He then looked at Shamu.

"In other news, y'all okay? You started looking like a zombie there." He commented.

"I think he was...erm...attracted to me." Ekaterina replied.

Weapon Loadouts:

Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Arthur sighed inwardly at Sarkar’s statement as he shook Tex’s hand, after all, the events were still rather fresh in his memory. Turning to the Mercenary, Arthur replied with a nod, doing his best to stifle his North Belkan accent for a more neutral West Osean… to little avail,

“That’s right, we’re the 42nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Eisern. We were in your Area of Ops several times during the war providing support primarily and… playing decoy as it were to get your ducks in a row. Now, Captain Bauer made a tragic mistake despite his better experience, however my unit has grown because of it.”

Pausing for a bit, he allowed the morose memory of Captain Bauer’s death to leave his forethoughts and chuckled as he added, “And about my dazzle scheme… heh… I just like… um… you could say I prefer wearing my colors on my sleeve. Besides, I’ve grown fond of the Falcon livery the brass picked for my unit… these Ginovers got us through some tough scrapes already, so I can’t argue with results.”

“Are you sure it’s because of the colors… or is it because you have a death lord on your side?”

Arthur rolled his eyes as he turned to face the approaching source of the wisecrack, Anthony Amsel, his 4th Element.

“Anthony, for the last bloody time, no one’s impressed by your bravado.”

“Hey, why don’t you shoot a bastard out of the air with one wing and limp back to base in one piece, then tell me I don’t got a right to brag?”

“You wouldn’t have lost your wing if you followed my order and fled... and by the by... quit stealing Pixy's story as your own. You shredded your flaps, not loose a whole wing.”

“Eye for an eye, that’s what I say”, Anthony replied with a shrug before finishing, "And quit being a jackass... everyone loves a good story."

Slapping himself in the face, Arthur chuckled as he did an over the top bow while extending an arm toward Anthony, the air rife with sarcasm as he introduced, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my “deadly” Number 4, Anthony “Spatz” Amsel.”

“Thank you, I do stand-ups on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and fuck all Fridays,” Anthony added jokingly.

Suddenly, Arthur was caught off guard as a young Yuktobanian Pilot give a speech on the immeasurable value of both equipment and lives. Although a little on the pretentious side in his opinion, he conceded he probably gave just as many a over the top speech during the Sapin Civil War, so in the end he gave a genuine smile as he said to Ryoko, “Well said, you can count on my unit to do everything possible for ARIA. Furthermore… about lives and machines both being irreplaceable… I can sympathize.”

Pointing behind him towards the parked Ginovers, Arthur added, “After the Belkan War, the Osean Government forced Belka to ban the Ginover from ever flying again due to the high death tolls and success rate the fighters had against their own Air Force. However, many Ginovers were kept in storage instead of being sold off or scrapped, including the 5 over there. To us… they’re priceless, survivors of another age, before Belka became the pariah on the slow path of redemption.”

Pausing briefly, Arthur then noticed as the rest of his unit began to walk towards him, which gave him ample time to add, “As for my unit… they’re family to me. I’d trade my life to make sure they return safely. They’re just as priceless… no… moreso… then the Ginovers.”

Mia smiled as she placed a hand on Arthur’s shoulder and added, “Arthur… you know the sentiment is shared with the rest of us.”

“Speak for yourself, Trixi,” Anthony replied with a shrug, which earned him a slap to the back of the head as Katryn added, “Hey! Don’t be an ass, you know you care about him too.”

“Meh, whatever, I’ll just do my job and take someone else down to hell in Arthur’s place,” Anthony replied, obviously still playing the role of a “Lord of Death.”

Chuckling at his “Family’s” antics, Arthur then heard a familiar voice and turned to see a young Emmerian wearing the proud patch of Garuda Squadron. Smiling a bit, Arthur greeted, “Tipton? William Tipton? Who’d thought you’d be sorted into Garuda Squadron of all units, I’d say lady luck favored you, heh. When was the last time we saw each other…. I think… wasn’t it 2017? Just before the Belkan Reunification?”
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:08 am

Sharky chuckled and said to Ryu, “Volbeat or Maiden?  come now, child.  You need some heavier shit up in this bitch.  

Shamu said to Mark, “No, no, I’m fine.  Ekaterina, is it?  Nice to meet you.”

Sharky said in mock surprise, “My god, he knows how to have a normal conversation with a woman!”

“Oh shaddup.”

Chuckling, Sharky turned to listen to Arthur’s introduction, although the smile quickly disappeared from his face as he grew less and less impressed with the Belkan pilots.  Leaning up against Leviathan with his arms crossed, he coolly listened to Arthur wax poetic about the Ginover and Anthony bluster about being a “god of death.”  He was heartened somewhat, however, by Arthur’s sentiments about his squadmates. 

Meanwhile, having finished supervising the unloading of the C-17s, a redheaded woman in Rosenthal fatigues emerged from the hangar and walked over to Leviathan.  Walking up next to an as-yet oblivious Sharky and matching his pose, she asked in a slight Yuktobanian accent, “So, what are we talking about?”

“What the- oh, hey Irina.  Nothing really.  Just getting introduced.  So far we’ve got a bunch of squids, Garuda 2.0, quasi-inspirational speech lady, a bunch of Belkan birds featuring the so-called ‘god of death,’ and you already know Canis.”

Looking over Eisern 4, Irina’s eyes narrowed and she said, “I don’t know…  He seems a little pale to be a god of death…”  Changing the subject, she asked Shamu, “Did the radar work okay?  Any problems?”

Shamu shook his head.  “Nope, she was humming like Max after a steak dinner.”

“Good.  Sharky, symbology was coming up okay on the screens?”

“Yup.  And on the HMD.”

“Did you try the ground mapping?”

Shamu nodded, “Yes, and we had greatly improved definition just like we did in every single test we did.”

“Just making sure.”  Turning to the F-16 pilots, Irina said, “Mao, Zack, Rein!  So good to see you.  Did you all have a nice flight?”

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Zack replied to Eric, “Our first combat deployment into Sapin was a bit overwhelming at first but we pulled through rather well, really helped having guys like Sharky along for the fiesta.” Zack paused before continuing. “Yeah, the Cougars are a damn good group of guys, well at least when I am not getting crap for not being a squid from my brother or Edwin.” Zack chuckled.

Your brother is a Marine too? My father was a Marine Hornet pilot during the Belkan War and my sister decided to follow him sometime after I decided to join the Air Force.” Rein said in Eric's direction. “I'm the oddball of the family.” she continued, smirking.

You sure are an oddball.” Mao giggled, keeping her arm wrapped around Zack's waist while turning her attention to Mark and Kat, “Yes, it's Hime. It's pleasant to meet you Mark and Ekaterina. I noticed you two were close when you approached, how is life in the VVS for you Ekaterina?” Zack pecked Hime on the cheek as he leaned affectionately into her, which resulted in the same response from Mao.

Zack then glanced at the Strike Eagle crews, “Nice to see the Emmerians are committing their best to this theater.” Zack then took notice of Ryu's talk of music. “Eh, tough call there. I love both bands. What about some Rammstein or Sabaton?”

Angelique's eyes lit up as she spoke up with her face turning a little red out of shyness. “W-well...how about Judas Priest? Or Anthrax?”

All acceptable choices if you ask me.” Zack smiled as Arthur went on with his introduction, Fara approached as Angelique scratched her head nervously.

Something wrong sweetheart?” Zack asked as Fara grumpily walked up beside Rein.

Somebody upset you?” Fara spoke as her eyes narrowed.

Zack shook his head dismissively. “Oh no. The young lady got engaged in a conversation about music with this young man.” the ponytailed captain spoke, nudging in the direction of Ryu.

Oh; I see. As long as no one was upsetting her, I have no qualms.” The dark skinned woman then introduced herself. “Master Sargeant Fara Al-Shamrani, I'm Zachary's crew chief and the only sane soul besides Angelique on this crew.”

I wouldn't exactly say that.” Alyosha laughed.

In comparison to you four?” Fara replied.

Oh come on you know you love us, Zack especially.” Mao grinned as she gave Angelique a reassuring smile.

Fara simply grunted as Irina sauntered into view of the trio, taking her place beside Leviathan with Sharky as Arthur's introduction closed. Irina asking Sharky what was going on and who was who, as soon as mention the 32nd left Sharky's lips and Irina turned her attention, the three enthusiastically replied with hugs starting with Zack.

Irina! It's nice to see you! What brings you to Tiger? I'm guessing some electronics work on the squad's jets, overheard something about Levy's radar.” Zack spoke as he tightly hugged the Yuktobanian and kissed her, as soon as Zack released the redhead, he was replaced by Mao and Rein.

Irina!” the pair said as they hugged her simultaneously.

It's great to see you again!” Mao said in a lively tone.

It's been far too long.” Rein promptly spoke afterward, lovingly squeezing the woman.

Fara rolled her eyes at the display of affection the three put on, “Like a bunch of hormonal teenagers sometimes.”

There's nothing wrong with that.” Angelique replied.

I know.”
    Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:00 pm

"Well," Carlos Said with applauds, "That was a thing."

Ryoko Was a little unused to the focus, with several pilots listening to her, "Well I mean, We should get going with the mission. " With her face getting a little red she added, "Or we can continue to marvel at the Titanium wing box of the Hypercat some more." Trying to hid a bit of embarrassment behind some half hearted snark. "Are they even called that...?"

"Nah, I think More introductions are in order." Smirked the Aurelian, waving to the recent arrivals, "Get in here, we all need a good look at you, especially the tour guide!"

"What did you call me?!?" the now beat red pilot retorted?!?

"We can't get gelling until we all have a nice chuckle? Por supuesto"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:46 pm