A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Ace Combat: Skies of Tomorrow Part: 1

Garuda 1

Re: Ace Combat: Skies of Tomorrow Part: 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:37 pm

"Yeah. That long ago." Will replied to Arthur's question.

Beatrix and the others turned to Will and the Belkan pilots, "So who are we supposed to meet in the NUN? Anybody know?"
    Lemniscus 2

Post by Lemniscus 2 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Alexander inhaled a breath of the fresh sea breeze that wafted through Tiger Air Base as the canopy of his Ginover cracked open. The scent greatly reminded him of his family's summer home that was neatly situated next to a private beach in Anfang. However, the only difference between the beaches of Anfang and where he was sitting right now was the scent of jet fuel vapors that wafted within the hanger. Resisting the urge to grimace at the distasteful mixture of sea breeze and fuel vapors, he thought to himself, 'Perhaps I should actually climb out of my plane.'

Alex made sure his phone was properly muted before safely pocketing it and climbing out of his plane. He mused, as he occasionally did, on one day hooking up his phone to his plane's radio. However, he figured, with his luck he'd probably just be blaring music over open comms instead of just to himself or his squadron.

As his feet touched the ground, he observed Arthur already on his way to meet the other pilots on base. Mia appeared to be inspecting her Ginover as always while Katryn and Anthony were stretching their limbs from the long flight. Seeing this, his own various body cramps immediately made themselves known, forcing him too to stretch to relive his stiff muscles.

Last edited by Lemniscus 2 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Before Arthur could speculate, a white Jeep bearing the inscription "NUN" on the side pulled up to the amassed pilots. Behind the wheel was a woman with raven hair wearing ARIA's white and blue uniform with a matching blue beret, her insignia's making her out as a Colonel. Beside her, wearing a senior officer's uniform for ARIA, was an older man somewhere in his late 50's... the name tag on the uniform bearing the name "Lawrence Foulke". Stepping out of the Jeep, Director Foulke tipped his peaked cap and gave a sheepish smile as he cleared his throat,

"Everyone, welcome to Tiger Naval Air Force Base, I hope each of you had a good flight. I am Director Lawrence Foulke, the head of ARIA's Air Rapid Response Force. In the driver's seat is Colonel Mara Kusanagi, your AWACS, callsign Horus Eye"

Stepping out of the Jeep, Colonel Kusanagi took her place beside the Director and with a cool and detached air announced, "Everyone, it's a pleasure meeting you. You represent the first volunteers to accept the call to help the NUN's mission in intervening in potential conflicts, and for that you have my gratitude."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Ryu seemed to light up a little at Angel's suggestions, enough that he was generally unfazed by Fara's looks. Seeing this, Eric cleared his throat and shuffled towards the subordinate pilot. He cleared it again and nodded towards the OAF woman. Ryu frowned, and then elbowed his squadmate.

"So Angel, was it? You seem to be talking my kind of music." He said casually. Compared to Mark's stammering, Ryu sounded pretty smooth. the blonde then turned his attention back to the others while Ryu got acquainted with the OAF ordinance handler.

"Yes, my brother is a quote-unquote "ground-humping, M8 loving Jarhead grunt who spends his days screaming "Get some" and "Screwby" while riding along in the cabin of a Huey between firefights." He's firmly in love with every second of it." Eric laughed.

His laughter subsided at the waxing over the Ginover's apparent rep and the whole "god of death" thing. It was an aircraft he was familiar with, though he knew a different story. The Ginover, from what his own father and various other VF-115 vets of Belka had said, had been formidable, but it was not invincible nor a scourge that was forced to stay grounded because of casualties. Far from it, in fact. The BAF had mostly gotten it's wings clipped. Of course, Eric doubted things would go smoothly if he opened his mouth. High school taught him your political opinions were usually only defensible by fists. Since Eric was neither crazy enough to clock another officer nor crazed enough to hold to his opinions like they were holy, he just nodded with an expression similar to Sharky's.

Mark chuckled awkwardly at the whole thing. He wasn't sure how to receive the whole routine. Was it comedy...or...? Either way it was off-putting as all hell. He looked at Eric, who just shrugged after the whole thing. Mark tilted his head and nodded. Eh, he'd heard people wax about jets before; he shouldn't be surprised. He waxed about his own and the F-14. However his attention was redirected when Ekaterina let go of his hand. Looking at her, she saw she'd spotted something moving across the tarmac towards them.

"I'm happy with my billet. I actually work more with the Osean Air Force's intelligence department. It's what let's me stay close to Marky. I only came back here about a month ago." She said to Mao.

Behind the two ARIA representatives were a man in Osean Navy short-sleeve khakis with short, prematurely graying black hair and a face that was almost a perfect square shape from the front. Between his lips was an unlit cigar. With him was a woman in an olive-green flight suit with patches indicating she was with VF-138. Eric, Mark, and Ryu rendered the man, a Navy Captain, and his Lieitenant Commander compatriot the proper salutes.

"Seeing as I'm not important enough, I'll introduce myself." The man smiled wryly. He looked at the other Naval Aviators and noted them grinning a little.

"I'm Captain Stephen O'Neil, CAG for CVW-9 aboard the OFS James Wellington. The woman next to me is Lieutenant Commander Kristen Bauserman, CO of VF-138's detachment here." He went on.

"I assume my three subordinates have already introduced themselves. I would've joined but CAG and I had to coordinate with the staff here." She nodded. The woman walked to Kat.

"Ah, Miss Notolvich, I see you've located our resident gunslinger. Did you bring his hat? I was disappointed to find he'd "forgotten it" when we left port on cruise." The woman known as Vixen said, shaking hands with the VVS intel type.

"Yes, I have it. It'll be delivered promptly once you all arrive at your quarters." Kat assured. Mark silently accepted defeat. Vixen then turned to the rest of the group.

"I hope the rest of you all are as good as the Colonel is saying. So far the only ones I know have combat time are me, Saber, and Tex...and Tex has the most of us three." She added.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:22 am

Sharky extended a hand to the new arrivals, first to Director Foulke and Colonel Kusanagi, then CAG O’Neil and LCDR. Bauserman.  “Nice to meet you all.  Sarathi Sarkar, Rosenthal.  Also with me are Samya Suara, my back-seater, my wingman Evan Mendoza and his backseater Adam Millington, Victor Nobolev, my crew chief, and Irina Demelova, our resident electronics technician.”

As Shamu, Showtime, Millie, Victor, and Irina introduced themselves, Sharky said to Director Foulke, “Honor to meet you, sir.”  Turning to the CAG and Vixen, he said, “We’re not Navy, but we’ve been around the block a few times.  Looking forward to working with you.”

Still glowing from the hugs she received from Mao, Rein, and Zack, Irina said, “Oh, we just put new radars in the Quickstrikes, so I came along just in case Sharky or Shamu break anything.”

Sharky retorted, “I heard that…  And I can fix things just fine.  You’re the one who’s paranoid.”

“Well you know what they say, if you want it done right…”

The pilots’ conversations were interrupted by the clatter of rotors approaching from the direction of the ocean.  Before anyone could say anything, a large black mass screamed over the flightline, just fifty feet over the assorted airmen’s heads.  As the people on the flightline gawked, the MH-76M Blackfoot turned sharply and flared, coming gently in for a landing next to the Rosenthal C-17s.  The moment the wheels touched down, 8 large men in polo shirts and Multicam pants carrying large kitbags disembarked, followed by a trim brunette in business attire and a lanky dark-skinned man in a flight suit.  The 8 men made their way to the hangars, looking for their counterparts.  Meanwhile, the helicopter had shut down, with the pilot, a tall blonde woman, disembarking and hanging her helmet on her seat, her long locks unfurling in the gentle sea breeze.  The woman joined the other two disembarkees and the three walked over to the assembled group of pilots.

Noticing the stylized silhouette of a hurricane on the MH-76’s engine cowling as it came in for a landing, Shamu yelled to Sharky over the roar of the rotors, “Looks like Category Five’s made landfall!”

“So it has!”  

Sharky pretended to not notice the new arrivals as they walked up to the assembled pilots.  The blonde spoke up, “What, you blabbermouths get rendered speechless by our entrance or something?”

Sharky, still feigning innocence, replied, “Entrance?  What entrance?  I didn’t hear anything.  Did you, Shams?”

Chuckling, Shamu joined in, “I can’t say I did.”

As the blonde’s frown grew, Sharky laughed and pulled her into a hug.  “I’m just kidding.  You’re early, babe.”

“You and your jokes.  Yeah, Mr. C had us come in as an advance party.  Anyway, where are my manners?”  Turning to the assembled group, she said, “Sorry for the rude entrance.  Gale Sarkar.  XO of the 426th SOAR.”  Noticing the members of Canis, she gave Rein a warm hug before continuing, “So they brought you guys along for this party too, huh?”

Sharky gestured to the other flight-suited individual, who had a surprising resemblance to the Tomcat pilot, “And this ugly motherfucker over here is her boss, the REAL deity of death, Subro ‘Reaper’ Sarkar.”

Reaper punched Sharky in the shoulder and said with a grin, “You better smile when you say that, little bro.”

Sharky laughed as he pulled his older brother into a hug, “You know I do.  Good to see you, bro.”

“Always.”

Meanwhile, as the brunette had stepped around Leviathan’s fuselage, Shamu went speechless.  Noticing the reaction to her arrival, she said in an Estovakian-accented voice, “Hello Samya.”

Shamu stared at her for a minute.  Regaining his composure somewhat, he croaked, “What are you doing here?”

Sharky spoke up, “I told you she was coming, bro.”

“No, I know, but what are you doing here NOW?”

“Maybe give her a chance to explain?”

As Shamu fell silent, the brunette nodded, “Thank you, Sarathi.”  Turning to the group, she said, “Good morning.  I am Daciana Ionescu.  I’m here to liaison between the MNFW and Rosenthal’s special forces teams, as well as function as the deputy to the detachment’s commanding officer.”

Shamu asked, “Valk’s not supposed to dock until later in the day though.  Why are you guys so early?”

“I am to speak with ARIA administration before they speak to our commander.   Gale and Subro are here to get a feel for the facilities and the AFO team is to interface with their counterparts.”

Shamu nodded his head in the direction of Director Foulke and Colonel Kusanagi.  “Well here’s your chance.”

Noticing the director and the colonel, Daci started.  “Oh!  Apologies, sir.  As I mentioned, I am Daciana Ionescu.  Mr. Clark sent me to speak with you until he arrives later in the day.”

Noticing the brass, Reaper and Gale both also assumed their business-like personas.  Reaper stepped forward, “Apologies for the abrupt entrance, sir.  We were in a bit of a hurry coming over the beach.  Subro Sarkar, CO of the 426th SOAR.  This is my XO, Gale Sarkar.”

Last edited by shomu1 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Zack replied to the electronics tech with a slight smile as she confirmed Zack's assumption about her work on the Tomcats, “Sounds like things went without much hassle, hopefully it stays that way and these two don't make life difficult for you.”

Yes. All work and no play can certainly make one dull.” Mao playfully said before turning her attention to Kat, “That's good to hear that you are enjoying your work with our Air Force's intel department. Our own intelligence officer Victor was flown in before our arrival alongside our support personnel, I'm sure you'll be acquainted with him shortly.”

Rein snickered at Eric's statement about his brother being in love with his career as a Marine Infnantryman, “Sounds like some of Juno's friends who are Abrams crew members, Corps til they die and such. My little sis can show some zeal at times but she's relatively calm about it.”

Ryu's casual approach combined with his interest in her suggestions caused Angelique's eyes to light up, Angel looked to Zack for reassurance; getting a nod from the black haired Captain to continue, the soft spoken blonde proceeded to talk. “Yes, it's Angel. My full name is Angelique if you would like to call me by that instead.” Angel paused for a moment, glancing quietly at the slim aviator before continuing, “Well, I am what you could consider a metalhead.”

In the meantime Ferret overheard Arthur going on about his mount, the pilot telling a yarn about a dreaded twin engine Teutonic killing machine that was the bane of the allies during the war. Zack however recalled things differently based on what he had heard from Allied accounts of the fighter, the combat record of his squadron during the 95 war, and what he had read in several aviation books. The fighter by all accounts was formidable but by no means unstoppable; the 32nd had tangled with many Ginover's during the liberation of the Great Lakes and at B7R, racking up a decent number of victories against it and it's brethren. With time allied air superiority, lower quality pilots, and dwindling weapons stocks conspired to effectively silence the fighter. Rein herself also overheard this; thinking back on her father's hard fought victories against it while he was behind the stick of his F/A-18C. One of his favorite war stories to tell was coming to the aid of an AV-8B pilot who had been separated from his wingmen by a Ginover, his quick response to the besieged Harrier pilot resulted in him shearing the tail off the hostile fighter, sending it into a flat spin. The pair decided to keep silent much like their naval counterparts; reasoning it was best to avoid any confrontation with their newfound comrades. “They're still young, let them gloat.” Zack thought, placing his arm back around his choppy haired beauty.

The four then took notice of the approaching recon vehicle decked out in the markings of the Neo United Nations approach the parked aircraft. Stepping out of the vehicle was a face instantly recognizable the quartet alongside an aging Pointese woman dressed in a ARIA uniform. “Lawrence Foulke, better known as Larry or Solo Wing Pixy to his counterparts and admirers. A guy reknown for his service in the Ustio Air Force as a mercenary before going rogue and threatening to bring nuclear hellfire on the world. What a strange turn of events to see this man commanding the air portion of the ARIA mission...” Zack thought to himself as he cleared his throat to introduce himself and his comrades.

It is a pleasure to meet you Director Foulke. Captain Zachary Hathaway, thirty second fighter squadron, third fighter wing. OADF. You as well Colonel Kusanagi. I look forward to operating alongside you.”

First Lieutenant Mao Takayanagi. I too look forward to working with you Colonel, Director.”

First Lieutenant Alyosha Denisov. Well this is something else, being able to meet Solo Wing in the flesh.”

As Rein introduced herself to the pair, an additional pair of arrivals from the Osean Navy appeared behind the NUN personnel. Indentifying themselves as Captain Stephen O'Neil CAG of CVW-9 and Lieutenant Commander Kristen Bauserman, CO of VF-138's detachment to Tiger. Zack promptly introduced himself to the Navy officers, “Captain Zachary Hathaway, OADF. I have been repeating myself all day here, such is the nature of getting acquainted with others. My XO and CO are currently elsewhere I am afraid. I am joined by Mao Takayangi, Alyosha Denisov, and Rein Carter who serve as my wingmen. On combat experience, we were deployed to Sapin in tandem with Rosenthal during the civil war.”

The sudden sound of rotors chopping at the humid air combined with the howl of turboshaft engines signaled the rapid arrival of a helicopter and not just any old UH-60; it was a MH-76 Blackfoot belonging to Rosenthal's 426th SOAR, the artwork giving the chopper away as the mount of one Gale Sarkar, Sharky's wife and a good friend of the Canis team. Rein's expression turned to one of a stupid grin as Gale skillfully landed the Blackfoot with grace, contrasting it's sharp approach to the tarmac. “Hurricane!” Rein shouted, the growl of the rotorcraft almost drowning out her words.

Mao smirked and shouted to Zack, “Rein looks like she going to burst from all this excitement.”

I know! It's even making me feel giddy.” Zack replied loudly as the downdraft from the blades whipped his ponytail wildly about. As the helicopter powered down with it's crew departing shortly afterward. “One hell of an arrival if I do say so myself.”

Gale turned her attention to Rein and the other pilots of the Thirty Second. Embracing the woman, Rein kissed Gale on the lips and replied. “Yeah, we're along for this ride. Part of the Osean Air Force's commitment to the region right alongside our friends in the third wing.” Rein paused before rapidly shouting. “Everyone is back together!! I can barely contain myself.”

First a comet, now a hurricane decides to make landfall at Tiger! It's great to see you again Gale! You too Subro!” Zack bellowed, taking notice of Daci in the process. “How have you been Daci!? It's been a while.”

There's that bubbly disposition again.” Mao chortled. “Hello there Gale. how have you been?”
    Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Carlos turned like the others when the ARIA boss showed up. Giving a Salute, "Huh, looks like they had to break out the big ones for this. It is nice to know were in good Hands. I am Lt. Colonel Carlos Anthony from the Aurelian Air Force." Looking at the Major, " I'll try to keep you guys safe, Otus Style."  Looking back at Commander Folke with an smile.

Trying hard not to roll her eyes at some of the more animated statements going around, Ryoko Walked to the side of the group of Pilots. "And you too, Welcome to cozy Yuktobania." She Said looking over the NUN arrivals. "And Thank you for helping my homeland."  Trying to keep her personal feelings aside, she Saluted both to cover her bases. "I'm lieutenant Ryoko Tompson, here to assist in operations between the NUN and Yuktobania."

It was going to be an interesting day for everyone.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:30 pm

"First Lieutenant William Tipton, lead pilot of the Garuda team. I've heard the legends about you, Director." William introduced himself to Director Faulke, "The people with me are my WSO, Second Lieutenant Dustin Nicholson, my wingwoman, First Lieutenant Beatrix Todaro and her WSO, Second Lieutenant Claudio Wescott." Noticing the woman, the one named Horus Eye, standing by Director Faulke, Will thought out loud, "Beautiful..."

"I see you've found the right one, Will." Beatrix teased.
    Lemniscus 2

Post by Lemniscus 2 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Alex smiled silently as his squad leader described the group as his family. The description was quite apt, at least to him. Alex was typically soft-spoken in public, but among friends and family, he opened like a book. The line between friends and family blurred, however, when it came to his squad.

The team brought out the “real” Alex— the Alex that relaxed and let the world spin on its own. Contrasting the “other” Alex, who was taught “Be respectful even when your opposition isn’t. I raised you to be a Lazenreiter, not a politician.” and “Speak softly. Let your actions speak louder.”, among other gems his father said.

Alex froze at that last thought. His father. While his expression was neutral, his mind became a torrent of memories. He was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn’t even flinch from the helicopter that blazed past overhead. However, the sound gave him enough of a distraction to push away the memories and realize that standing just a few feet away from him was Lawrence “Solo-Wing Pixy” Foulke.

Alex calmly stepped forward and outstretched his hand, speaking in a slightly casual tone, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Director Foulke, Colonel Kusanagi. I am Captain Alexander Lazenreiter, the number two of the Belkin squadron ‘Eisern’.” He gestured to Arthur, “This is our flight leader, Major Arthur von Rheindars.”
    Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 pm

No sooner when both Director Foulke and Colonel Kusanagi had walked up to the amassed pilots were they approached by the gathered crowd. Under any normal situation, this would’ve been seen as an sign of disrespect towards a superior officer, but Larry Foulke never cared much for formality. Even though he was rated a General due to his position as Director of ARIA’s Air Rapid Response Force, he still saw himself as an ex-Fighter Pilot first and foremost. So to him, this was nothing less than a reunion of extended family he never met till now.

Smiling, he turned to Canis Team’s leader as he shook the Captain and two Lieutenants hands, “It’s good to meet you Captain Hathaway, I’ve heard of your work in Sapin, we can use the experience here in Verusa”.

Just then, his counterpart from the OMDF and CAG of the Wellington, Captain O’Neil, spoke up against not being introduced sooner. With a chuckle, he patted the CAG on the back as he replied, “I thought with a personality like yours it’d better if I didn’t steal your thunder.”

Turning to the Ronins now, he shook the new arrivals hands as he then replied, “Heard some good stories from the CAG about you guys… a lot of them actually.” Smiling he paused for a moment before adding good-naturedly, “Just play nice with the land-pilots now.”

It was Basilisk’s turn now as he approached the Senior Consultant Pilot and his unit, “Pleasure to meet you…um… would Sharky be alright?” He wanted to attempt a little formality with the unit representing one of his backers, but he found the corporate name for his rank a mouthful, which reminded him how they shared the same nomenclature with the newcomer company Neucom. Sighing, he added, “I head your rep, Basilisk Squadron. Other than Comet and Paladin, you’re our most experienced unit… so go lightly on the pups, okay?”

It was at that moment that a Blackfoot roared like thunder over the gathered officers and landed. Observing the people leaving the helicopter, the Director thought to himself, ‘So… Rosenthal likes making a big entrance afterall.’

Keeping to himself as the Rosenthal Teams reacquainted themselves with each other, he was just about to meet the pilots from Aurelia when he overheard Sarathi direct an officer to him, to which he greeted with a shake,

“That’s alright, I can tell you were having a moment,” he replied with genuine care, “how about you meet with me in my office after the first briefing to get that sorted out, alright?”

Turning to two of the men who came from the Blackfoot, he rubbed the back of his head before replying with a nervous laugh, “That’s alright, it was my fault for not keeping my radio on.” 

After some time, he turned to Lieutenant Colonel Anthony and First Lieutenant Thompson as he shook both their hands, “Colonel Anthony, I’m counting on it. Heard the Otus Style produces miracles, lets see if you can work your magic here. Oh, and Lieutenant Thompson, again, it’s a pleasure to be on your base. Rest assured, the NUN and ARIA will do whatever it takes to help Yuktobania.”

Suddenly, Colonel Kusanagi spoke up, “What was that?”

The North Pointian officer walked up to the First Lieutenant, her eye furrowed questioningly at him. He looked like a kid just fresh from the academy to her who lucked into the spot once occupied by the famed Talisman. Sighing, she recollected herself much to the Director’s chagrin and laughter to replied collectedly, “You’ll address me as Ma’am or Colonel, understood?”

“Don’t worry about her,” The director added as he walked up to Lieutenant Tipton and Lieutenant Nicholson, “She might he cold, but she isn’t heartless, you won’t find a better AWACS and Tactical Planner anywhere. Lieutenant Tipton, I heard from Talisman you were a prodigy, I can see great things on the way for you.”

Finally, he turned to the Belkan contingent, representing his former homeland. Seeing their leather jackets over the pilot suits brought old memories to the Director, both good and bad alike… after all… he both fought with and for Belka during a war that engulfed the world. Of course even he would feel slightly hesitant over seeing his former countrymen regaining the ability to fight in the air, even if Belka showed definite signs of it’s changing domestic and international policies. Shaking the Lieutenant by the hand, he replied, 

“Lieutenant Lazenreiter, Major von Rheindars, welcome to Tiger Base. Major… you wouldn’t happen to be related too…?”

“Spent several years in Emmeria because of my father, yes, I’m the son of General von Rheindars,” Arthur replied curtly but calmly.

“Your father arrived the other day,” replied the Director, “he didn’t mention his son was leading Eisern Squadron.”

“Of course, I’m an officer first, son second…”

“I see…”

“Don’t worry, I have all the family I need here,” The Major replied, putting one arm around Alexander, another around Mia Armer, who had just joined the gathered pilots. 

“A Prussian Nobleman, his likewise Prussian Surfer and Brewmaster, a gadgeteer, one of hell’s missing bats, and the God of Death, what a motley family we are,” Anthony joked as he walked up, patting Arthur on the back.

Arthur face palmed. The innumerable times Anthony had made that joke back in Belka were grating on him enough as is, but to have him brag in front of the rest of ARIA was more then what the Major could handle. Furrowing his eyes in annoyance and gave the Lieutenant a slap to the back of the head, “Enough with the bloody ‘God of Death’ joke, you killed it earlier already, let it lay to rest, ashes, roses and all.”

“Geez, fine,” Anthony replied with a roll of the eyes, “I’ll take my stand-up elsewhere.”
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:40 am

March 27, 2025 (Local Time 0855)
    VF-138 Det. Tiger Building
    NAFB Tiger, Yuktobania

Eric walked down into the open first floor of the building where the detachment had set up its lounge and a small sections for intel and planning. Over the past two days, between familiarization flights and orientation on the base facilities, the carrier had chopped them the proper support to run their little show and sent them the proper things to build a lounge. Eric pulled open the door to the minifridge they had in the space and withdrew a plastic bottle of milk.

"Y'all should really consider gettin over yer coffee hatred." Mark called from one of the desks as he finalized some Operations department paperwork.

"Bite me, Tex." Eric replied, twisting off the cap and chugging half the contents before approaching his compatriot.

"So shacked up with Kat yet?" He asked. Mark cocked an eyebrow at him, then continued typing.

"As much as Ah enjoy the view of that fine posterior in that uniform of hers, we've got things to plan. She hasn't been too free, either." He said. Eric noted the presence of a black cowboy hat on the desk as well. He smiled and walked to his own desk to make sure as his things for Weapons were in order.

"So what'd you guys think of the rest of them? I thought the OAF guys were nice." Ryu spoke up, eyes transfixed on a Sapin National Party flag Mark had liberated from the country last year.

"Nice guys for the Air Force. I think they're gonna be a riot, all of em." Eric commented.

"Be happy they're F-16 drivers. The plane's good, even if all I did in it was pretend to be a Fulcrum. That reminds me I think that guy with the odd-looking woman by his side was an aggressor like me. Maybe I'll say hello to a fellow carpetbagger." Vixen added in from her desk across the way, jokingly using the term given to land-based NAVAIR pilots. She handed a file to one of the maintenance chiefs so he could get back to keeping the jets ready for the day's flight.

"They knew heavy metal, so I side with Eric." Ryu nodded.

"Especially the one miss. Talk to her some more Ryu; you two could be friends." Eric suggested. He looked at Mark.

"Would you happen to know anything about them or the Mercs?" He asked. Mark shrugged.

"The 32nd, no, outside of one of their jets hitting a C2 node with a Paveway. Rosenthal pilots seem nice, good taste in planes. My old section lead from my first assignment in the Heartbreakers met some of em out at Sapphire Valley. Said the weapons engineers think they shit gold bricks but the pilots are generally cool guys." Mark commented.

"The flyby certainly shows they're humble. That was good stuff, though." Vixen laughed.

"The Emmerians?" Ryu suggested.

"Young, enthusiastic, one kid was ballsy as hell with that Colonel. Shows some promise." Mark replied without looking away from his computer.

"The Yuktobanian girl seems pretty determined to hold the line. The Aurelian pilot's probably a 2021 vet. Need all the experience we can get." Eric remarked.

"And the Belkans?" Ryu asked innocently. They all exchanged glances, namely the two pilots with relative who were vets of the 95 war.

"They've got combat experience, but Ah'm getting mixed signals from them. Chalk it up to Sharky's reactions making me think. One guy really needs to work on his comedy, that's the only thing I have to say." Mark spoke up.

"And the waxing over the Ginnover?" Eric asked.

"Yer just mad someone alluded to the fact the Tomcat could be beat." Mark snickered. Eric sat up with an unimpressed look.

"Wonder how that F-CK pilot's doing." He retorted.

"Girls' Swim Team."

Eric shut up. Vixen then stood and closed her DoD-issue laptop.

"Okay Mr. and Mrs. Old Married couple, that's enough. We've got a briefing to attend." She said...

ARIA Briefing Room, 0857...

Misaki Kuro, an employee of the NUN assigned to be Colonel Kusanagi's aide and one of the people that gave briefings, quietly walked into the large room without a sound, observing it. It was much like a class, with desks and a projector. She'd arrived last night and immediately desired sleep. Eric probably had no idea she was here at all.

The woman felt out of place in here. She was normally a teacher, but in order to watch after Eric she'd volunteered to help in the peacekeeping mission in Tara. He'd had his objections, but she'd been firm and countered that she would most likely be in a secure place. It was odd to think how many familiar faces she'd be around here.

"Good morning, Misaki!" A familiar voice called out in local twang. She turned to see the first familiar face in all its blonde, bubbly glory.

"Ekaterina!" She exclaimed back. The two embraced and Kat handed her a file.

"Here's your information for the briefing. A technician will help you by changing slides on the projector, and Colonel Kusanagi will be present to assist in strategic intelligence, as will I for the tactical level. Good luck, and Eric should be along shortly." She explained, ending the last sentence with a wink.

"Thank you, Ekaterina. Perhaps later today you'll have time for tea?" She asked.

"Of course; stop by the intel department. I'll tell them you're coming." The YAF lieutenant smiled. Misaki nodded gratefully.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:33 pm

March 27, 2025
    0820 Cinigrad Standard Time
    426th SOAR XO Quarters
    RFS Valkyrie

“You know, I didn’t think Valk had a room with such a great view,” Sharky said from the bed as he watched Gale get dressed.

Gale rolled her eyes exasperatedly before grabbing a shirt off the dresser and throwing it at Sharky.

“Hey!  Remember what we said about using your words?”

Gale smirked as she turned around to look at her husband attempting to extricate himself from the blouse and said, “You’re insufferable.  How’s that for using my words?”

Finally managing to pull the shirt off his head, Sharky shrugged, “Hey, I’m just trying to give you a compliment on this earliest of mornings.”

Gale rolled her eyes in exasperation, but as she turned back around to face the mirror, she put a little extra wiggle in her hips as she pulled on her skirt, a slight smile crossing her face.  The smile disappeared, however, as she reached towards the dresser for her shirt.  “Where’s my…  Sharky, give me my shirt.”

Sharky clutched the blouse in his hands, a smug grin crossing his face.  “Nuh uh.  This shirt is a dangerous weapon.  As such it has been confiscated by the HPA to prevent further atrocities.”

Gale groaned, “Sharkyyyyy…  Give me my shirt!  I’m gonna be late!”

“Well you shoulda thought of that before you launched this completely unsolicited attack.”

“Damnit… Okay what do I have to do to get my shirt back?”

Sharky grinned, “You have to come take it from me.”

Gale sighed, “Sharky, I don’t have time for that now.”

Climbing out of the bed, holding the shirt safely behind him, Sharky walked towards Gale.  “I will allow you to regain this deadly piece of hardware in exchange for a kiss.”

“Fine.”  Pecking Sharky on the lips, Gale asked, “Now can I have my shirt back?”

Chuckling, Sharky held out her blouse, which Gale swiftly grabbed away.  As the blonde hurriedly finished getting dressed, Sharky asked, “No flight suit today?”

“Staff meeting first.  I’ll change after.  Speaking of which, don’t you have a briefing of some sort to get to?”

Sharky nodded, “Yeah.  I’m gonna head out in a bit.”

“Got it.  Oh, and could you check on Irina?  I don't think that poor girl even came back to her room last night.”  

"Yeah, knowing her she's still probably poring over the radar trying to make it perfect."

Gale sighed, "Make sure she gets some rest, will you?  She won't listen to anybody else."

Sharky nodded.  "Will do."

Finished dressing, Gale headed for the door.

Sharky cleared his throat.  “Ehem.  Forgetting something, dear?”

“Oh, right!”  Gale turned back to give Sharky a kiss, chuckling as he reached down to cup her butt as he always did.

“Stay safe, babe.”

“Always.  You come back to me.”

Sharky grinned, “You know I will.   Now go have your meeting.  Knock ‘em dead.”

Gale giggled as Sharky smacked her on the ass and sent her on her way.  Sharky watched her leave before going back into the stateroom and changing into his flight suit.  

Thirty Minutes Later

Sharky hammered on the door of the room in the base officer’s quarters he was supposed to share with Shamu.  “OY SHAMS!  WAKE UP!”  He was about to begin hammering again when the door opened abruptly, revealing a fully dressed Shamu.  Dropping his fist, he said, “Oh.  Hey.”

The RIO frowned, “Yes.  Hey.”

“Surprised you’re up so early.  No lady friend?”

Shamu winced, “Daci left like twenty minutes ago.”

“That desperate, huh?”

Shamu shook his head, “No, she jumped ME, believe it or not.”

Sharky raised an eyebrow.  “Iiinteresting…”

“Indeed.  Now can we get moving?  My back is killing me.”

Sharky chuckled, “Still with the fingernails, huh?”

“I even bought her a nail clipper for Christmas!”

Patting his RIO on the back, Sharky said soothingly, “There there, my dear Blackfish.  Remember, the chicks dig scars.”

Shamu winced and said in a pained voice, “I hate you so much right now…”

Sharky simply laughed.  A few minutes later, they walked into the briefing room.  Noticing Kat speaking to the new woman, he said, “Morning, Ekaterina, morning, er…  I don’t believe we’ve met.  Sarathi Sarkar, Rosenthal.”  Looking around the room and seeing no one else, he continued, “I guess we’re the first ones here?”

Last edited by shomu1 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:17 pm

March 27th, 2025
    Personal Quarters of Zachary Hathaway
    0855 CST
    Tiger NAFB, Union of Yuktobanian Republics

The light of the Yuktobanian morning poked through the partially closed blinds of the bedroom, illuminating the white walled room and shining in the hazel eyes of one Ferret who found himself waking a minute before his alarm. Laying atop his chest underneath the faux fur comforter was the nude form of his fiancée and wingman Mao who slept peacefully despite Zack being roused awake before her. The pair had called it a night early and decided a little “Kon-Kon” was in order after another busy day of orientation and familiarization flights which had been unfolding over the past couple days. Zack looked up at the poster of the OAF P-38L that he had pinned above the bed, running his fingers through Mao’s ink colored hair. The sudden chime of the alarm clock snapped him out of his groggy trance and into reality.

“Ah!” A startled Zachary vocalized as he slapped the alarm clock hard with an open left hand, his palm somehow precisely slamming down on the ‘OFF’ button to shut down the alarm. Mao who was on his right side felt the shifting of her beloved and groggily awoke from her rest, poking her head out from the blanket feeling the cooled air of the room while her green eyes adjusted to the light.

“Time…to…get motivated.” Mao yawned as she exposed herself more to the open air, shivering in the process.

“I’m afraid so my love. We have an assignment to be briefed on.” Zack replied as he lifted himself up from his supine position, while Mao rolled off keeping the blanket to her chest.

“But first…I have to make sure my foxy gets her cuddle for the morning.” Zack husked as he pulled Mao to him, eliciting a giggle from her.

“Z-Zack!”

Ferret smirked as he cuddled the worming form of Hime, kissing her on the head. Memories of his first morning in Sapin flooding back to him as his arms came to rest on Mao’s stomach. Mao closed her eyes and inhaled, letting her flight lead pull her closer to his body.
    “Think Rein is awake?”

“After letting us count shoulder freckles? I’d say she is mostly likely face down on the couch testing the cushion’s absorbency with her drool.” Zack replied.

Mao simply snorted in response while her beau continued to hold on to her frame; his words reminding her of the night’s more intimate festivities which had relived much of the built up tension of the past day. Ferret quietly nuzzled the back of Mao’s neck until the pair’s attention was drawn to the doorway as Rein emitted an unusually loud animalistic yawn, stretching her arms well above her head.

“Look who decided to reanimate herself.” Zack said in the direction of Rein, a warm smile forming on his face.

“Yeah, I decided to investigate the source of the disturbance that woke me up.” Rein replied with one eye open.

“Disturbance? There’s no disturbance here except you.”

Rein rolled at her eyes at the couple, approaching the bed. “Don’t we have to be somewhere soon? The more you two spoon in bed like a pair of hormonal teenagers; the later we are going to be.”

“Oh look at Miss Comet getting authoritative here! You didn’t care about our behavior when we were taking turns examining your heavenly bodies.” Zack smirked.

“What he said.”

“Well yeah, but.”

“We’ll get out of bed, get ready, and head out just for you. Last one to the shower has to serve the others!” Zack laughed as he hopped out the bed ahead of the girls.

“You jumped the start!” Mao shouted at Zack as she leapt out from under the sheets.

“In this case I wouldn’t mind being last.” Rein chuckled with a shrug.

Twenty-Five minutes later…

After freshening themselves up, getting dressed for duty, and quickly reaching for something to eat; the trio made their way to Aly’s quarters where they were greeted by their Yukto-Osean comrade in arms sliding on his Multicam flight suit with a strip of paper clutched in his teeth. Zack spoke as he laid eyes on the lieutenant in the living room hastily getting dressed.

“I see you are punctual as always Aly, so tell me how went the plundering of Gracemeria?”

“I’d rather keep the battle damage assessments to myself thank you.” Aly said through clenched teeth as he zipped up his suit and adjusted the ever familiar orange wolf’s head patch of the 32nd on his left shoulder.

“You seem to have an obstruction.” Mao said, pointing to the piece of paper. “Run that past us again.”

“I said I’d rather keep the details of yesterday’s strike to myself thank you very much.” Alyosha said, the snippet of paper free of his lips. The piece of paper in question had the contact information of one REAF NCO Celia Rochefort written on them which Alyosha quickly stowed away in his right breast pocket for safe keeping.

“It’s probably for the best that we don’t hear it.” Rein interjected.

“I concur Comet.” Mao replied.

Sometime later, ARIA briefing room.

The quartet of pilots after their exchange proceeded to make their way to the briefing room navigating the sea of enlisted and officer grade personnel from various NUN member states milling about the base facilities conducting their daily business. Zack and Hime caught sight of the YAF intel officer and Sharky as well as a bespectacled Pointese woman.

“Good Morning. Lieuteant Notolovich, Sharky, Shamu. I hope I didn’t interrupt anyone.” Ferret said as he approached the three.
    Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:51 pm

March 27th, 2025
    Personal Quarters of
    Carlos Anthony
    0830 CST

The normal routine was the first to go when you have to deal with jet lag. Not for the lead of Otus squadron, as Carlos was prepared. Having a bit more foreknowledge of the location was key in street fights, recon flights, and room accommodation, and this was no different. In his set of prepared things, he brought out a small pouch, a silver tube and a kettle.

It did not take long, and it was not like his grandfathers old 1800 but it was going to do the job. And if the former Monk of Thugnostics was to get any work done, he needed a healthy cup of the good stuff. It did not matter how much of potato land he would have to introduce to the good morning bean. Taking a long sip to the warm Yuke sun beaming in the window.

"Now to get the day started."  The Aurelian said looking over the list of things to do. The trick now was to do it without releasing his hand from the AAF mug.

<--->

March 27th, 2025
    Personal Quarters

0845 CST
    Tiger NAFB, Glorious Yuktobania

♪"Everyday is great at your-♫

"Urrrrr" The gargle of the younger pilot accompanied a thunk on the snooze button. "Why do life have to start early..." the jumbled words barley making it out of the groans. Not even trying to get out of what could be assumed as a bed, Ryoko slumped off the ground. Looking over to the cause of here later than normal sleep time, she cursed the makers of really compelling electronics. While is the cursing mood, she turned to the window.

"Yeah I'm on to you, you irradiated basterd,,,"

Mumbling her way to the closest water source to attempt to wake up, she remembered something.

"Oh yeah, it's fighting day!"

With only the slightest more anticipation, she shuffled her day forward. "Guuuurr"

<----->
    ARIA Briefing Room, 0857

Walking in the briefing room exemplar of recent Aurelian pride and the faint smell of hot chocolate. Carlos looked over the people that were there. "Good Morning," He Said calmly to his fellow aces, "So it seems everyone survived the night." he said jovially.

Not long after, the less than enthusiastic Yuke pilot showed up. Looking the part of the cheeriest person in the room with bags under her eyes and an unabashed yawn. With little fan fair, she took her seat.

"Well, Someone might want a pick me up in the morning..." The Aurelian noted while walking to a group in the room.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:08 pm

27 March 2025 - 0800 Cinigrad Standard Time
    Tiger NAFB Barracks

The sound of Blurry by Puddle of Mudd blared, jolting William Tipton from his sleep. After hitting the snooze button on his phone, William glanced around the room for a bit to get his bearings, and remembered that he and his flight are now in Yuktobania. Upon spending the next half an hour getting a quick shower getting dressed and having a bite to eat, William spent another fifteen minutes knocking on the doors of his fellow squadron mates, telling them to get up if they didn't hear their respective alarms. It was after receiving replies from the other side of each door that the current Garuda One headed to the briefing room.

Briefing Room - 0900 Hours

Reaching the briefing room, William took a seat and waited for his fellow squadron members. Noticing the other pilots in the room, he says, "Hope I didn't miss anything."
    Lemniscus 2

Post by Lemniscus 2 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:59 pm

March 27th, 2025
    0830 Cinigrad Standard Time
    Personal Quarters of Alexander Lazenreiter

For Alex, the last two days were a blur. Perhaps it was exhaustion from the long flight, as has happened to him multiple times before. Perhaps he drank something he now regrets even looking at, as has happened only once before and nowadays he always makes sure he pours his own drinks. Looking around in his room, he remembered then that he passed out from exhaustion moving his belongings into their proper order.

Light filtered through his drawn curtains dimply illuminated the rather dull bedroom. Bland paint, cheap (albeit comfortable) furniture, half-unpacked bags lazily shoved against his dresser. ‘That last one isn’t my fault. The furniture is so dull, I got tired from unpacking…’

Sitting up, Alex rubbed the junk out of his eyes, kicking the bed sheets off of him. His nightclothes were an absolute mess from tossing and turning in his sleep. For a moment, he considered just leaving the way he was dressed. ‘No, Alexander,’ the voice of his father chastised, ‘a Lazenreiter doesn’t leave his appearance improper around their peers and superiors.’

Alex sat, hand to the side of his head. Memories flooding back, wounds reopening… only to seal, recede back. “Stay in the present. Stay in the present.” Alex repeated. He breathed deeply and stood up, “Yes, father.”

­~Loading…~

0840 CST
    Apartment of Alexander Lazenreiter, Anthony Amsel, and Katryn Löwe

Alex stepped out of his room dressed in a simple white button-up shirt, plain dark brown pants, and matching leather jacket. He glanced at the entrance to Anthony and Katryn’s bedroom, frowning. ‘If I remember anything from yesterday, it’s that those two just couldn’t keep it down last night.’

He exited the Apartment proper and rummaged through the cabinets in the hallway pantry. Alex finally found what he was looking for, a box of vanilla instant coffee. “Sorry, Arthur. I need this more than you right now.”
    Lemniscus 1
    Admin

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:57 pm

27 March, 2015
    0800 CST
    1st Room Assigned to Eisern Squadron
    Tiger Naval Air Force Base
    Union of Yuktobanian Republics

“Dear Arthur,

How are you? I haven’t heard from you since you received your marshaling orders last Tuesday. Your father assured me it was most likely due to Dismark keeping you busy with all sorts of pre-assignment briefing sessions and you having to make sure the Squadron logistics left Tausberg before you. However, I don’t believe it is outside of my rights as the one who brought you into this world to ask for just 5 minutes of your time to hear from you now and then.

That week… after that sordid affair in Sapin was over and you were promoted to Major… it felt like old times again. You were actually happy to be back home, and even your Father was at peace and celebrating the victory in his own usual way. Sorry if I sound like I am reminiscing in my letter to you, but I just want you to understand your father does care about you… even if he can be too much of a stoic to ever show it to you. He insisted that he would be the one to oversee Eisern’s activities in ARIA over any other General, saying Air Force Command would see you used as poster children and not have you do your job right… but I’m sure you know he means he just wants what’s best for you.

Oh, and how is Mia doing? I forgot to ask the last time… just as I forgot to mention the surprise one of the maids found in your room the previous night you had her home”

Arthur sat the letter down, a single uttered “Scheiss” escaping his breath. He was just watching the OBC Morning Broadcast while enjoying his morning tea when he noticed he hadn’t touched the letter from home he received the night before he left for Yuktobania. Like so many of his squadron mates, he had spent much of the day redecorating his quarters to better suit his tastes and make it feel like the home it should be. To that end: Several plaques now hung on the wall, memories of his and Mia’s time at the academy, the first Eisern Squadron photo taken before the Sapin War, a large hanging shield depicting the von Rheindars crest, and hanging in a decidedly more laid back fashion from the ceiling was the Belkan National Flag. However, with boxes containing what will be a simple bookshelf, several games, and other odds and ends, Arthur clearly hadn’t finished yet either.

Partly to blame was his actual duties as Squad Leader of Eisern. He was called away from his quarters halfway through unpacking by Eisern’s Crew Chief, Nikolas “Sankt Niko” Weyer. Named for his early sign of greying hair despite being only 10 years older than Arthur, The Staff Sergeant joined the Belkan Air Force like so many others not long after the Belkan Reunification, and thus gained true experience during Belka’s involvement in the Sapin Civil War. Yesterday, the Crew Chief had discovered that a proper check in Mia’s customizations had not been properly done, and promptly to a faulty fuel line in her own plane. However, Arthur knew the real reason behind the Chief’s words. As a trained specialist in Aircraft maintenance and repair, he had a very dim view on Mia’s tendencies to work on the Squadron’s aircraft herself instead of asking him to do it for her, her relation to Ginover’s designer be damned!

After making what both men knew was in truth a half-hearted promise to rein her own gear-headed tendencies in, the Staff Sergeant Nikolas went over the usual updates regarding sorting out the arrival of their equipment and the usual light-hearted jabs at the their Osean Competition and their Verusean Prey. Arthur was thankful for that, cause it allowed him to breeze on through with the protocols and get back to sorting out his own quarters in no time. Back in the present, Arthur took another sip from his tea as he felt arms snake around him tenderly.

“Guten Morgen, Liebling.”

“Guten Morgen, Schatzi… Mia… have you no shame?”

Although, like Alexander, he was wearing his Belkan Air Force leather jacket over a button up shirt, he was all too familiar with the feeling Mia gave when holding him from behind whilst clad in nothing. Turning around to confirm his suspicions, he discovered he was only half-right, she was clad in only her shirt… having opted to wait a bit before finishing to get under Arthur’s skin. Playfully, she responded,

“Shame, what’s there to be ashamed of?”

“But you’re my Lieutenant…”

“But you were the one who weaseled the accommodations for us. You said, ‘They gave us two rooms for the 5 of us, but they left it to us to sort out who sleeps where’.”

“Touché”

“So… what’re you reading?”

“Letter from home,” Arthur explained, “seems our last… escapade… did not go unnoticed.”

Mia snatched the letter from Arthur and skimmed through it, her face quickly reminding Arthur of a chameleon as it changed from pale as a ghost, blue, green for a moment, before settling on red. Handing the letter back slowly to Arthur, she whispered,

“Did you finish… reading it?”

“No?”

“Um… you probably should.”

Arthur silently obeyed as he picked the letter up and continued reading,

“Were it not for the fact the maid had also found a ring stashed in your room as well, the tone of this letter would be very different for sure. Rest assured, Arthur Erhardt Erich Freiherr von Rheindars, there will be MUCH you will have to hear from me when you return… starting with when will you marry Mia? Although you’re a pilot, and thus have secrets that I can understand you keeping, I don’t appreciate you keeping secrets like that from me.

Arthur, please respond as soon as you can, and remember: mind your Father, and that I love you.

Mom”

Arthur heaved a sigh of relief at once as he sat the letter down. Although it was clear his mom was disappointed in him, the use of his full name a clear sign of it, she was not furious at him thanks to the show of responsibility on his part. Mia however simply sat down beside Arthur and replied, “So, another of your brilliant plans backfired on you?”

“Yep…”

“Told you keeping secrets when they don’t have to do with work isn’t your strong point. In fact, I think everyone back in Tausberg AND here at Tiger know we’re not only a couple… but a very active couple. So… I’m surprised it took your Mother that long to find us out.”

“I suspect she found out sooner… if what you say is true, my father probably already knows, and hasn’t lifted a finger about it.”

“…Really? Why do you think he didn’t… if he does know that is?”

“Don’t know… he met Mom during Belka’s Occupation of Recta, and was from what I heard from his friends… was rather passionate back then,” Arthur paused, trying to rid his mind of the mental image, “perhaps a small part of who he was when he was younger decided to turn a blind eye to it?”

“Who knows,” Mia replied with a shrug, “anyway, I’m going to finish getting dressed, leave some breakfast out for me.”

“Sure thing,” Arthur replied with a wave as he sat the letter down and contemplated his reply. Suffice to say… it would be a very awkward reply. Not long after, Mia returned dressed in a matching outfit to the other Eisern pilots and shared her breakfast with Arthur before locking up to meet up with Alexander and the rest of Eisern.

“Poor Alex, saddled with baby sitting those firecrackers, I wonder why he offered to watch them so readily?” Arthur thought to himself as both Eisern pilots met up with Alexander and the rest of their Squadron. Having all ate, Arthur checked the time, “8:55. Verdammt, we gotta hurry.”

With that, the Eisern team took a Jeep and made their way to the main administration hall where the Briefing Room was located. Navigating the corridors, they found their way in and took their seats closer to the back of the room.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:48 am

"Ah, good morning Mr. Sarkar, Mr. Suara. Yes you are, we actually just arrived a handful of minutes ago. The technicians are working out a few bugs in the projector. You'll find notes regarding today's flight at the chair you choose to sit in." Kat smiled, pleasant as ever. As she finished Misaki politely bowed.

"We haven't, I only just arrived yesterday. Misaki Kuro; I'm Colonel Kusanagi's aide and she's also handed me the task of delivering briefings. I guess a teacher turned UN volunteer is suited for that kind of thing." She said, pushing her glasses back up. She repeated her name to Zack and his band of compatriots as they approached and spoke up. She noted Mao, the name on her flightsuit, and switched to her native tongue.

"A fellow North Pointese. A pleasure to meet another after Colonel Kusanagi; I assume you're a pilot?" She asked in fluent North Point.

"So...seeing as you know Ekaterina, may I assume you all know a certain group of Osean Navy pilots?" She asked, hoping it might give her a clue where Eric was. Ekaterina had promised he'd be part of the detachment here.

Before an answer could be given, said blonde came through the door, head turned towards Ryu as the younger officer followed.

"Well we know the kinds of SAMs the Rusies have, just not what they'll have in the area today. To be honest the most advanced platform I've faced has been the SA-20, followed by the SA-6. The former can be a real nasty sucker; considered one of the best systems in the world according to Jane's and Tex. To top it all off I only faced ONE battery during Groundhog." Eric said to his younger compatriot. Ryu nodded.

"I've been trying to read a bunch on SAM systems from any source I can...at least the ones the DoD approves of." Ryu nodded.

"They'll never admit it, but they like to use Wikileaks and other little BBS type places from time to time." Vixen said. She looked at Ryu.

"Our biggest concern should be the fighters today. Even if the VFADF's main fighter for border patrol is the J-8, stay alert. They're likely to back em up with J-11s." She said. The other three nodded.

"Based on my time over Sapin, the normal doctrine is the best. Jam and kill well before the strikers so the only ones vulnerable are the CAP and SEAD. Best alternative is TLAMs against sites y'all have prior intel on." Mark added, thumbing up the brim of the cowboy hat he was now grudgingly wearing.

"Yep, us guys in the CAP are always under pressure." Eric remarked, checking his kneeboard. 

As he did a voice cleared its throat at him. He looked towards the sound and stopped as Misaki stood there, hands behind her back. The two quickly looked like a couple on their first date despite nearly what? Over ten years of being in love minus the few they were apart due to her father? She looked as radiant as always; he took her in his arms and let himself be a lovesick little idiot for a moment. Misaki returned the embrace and whispered "I love you".

"I love you too, Saki...I missed you, too." He breathed out. They both kissed a long time.

Mark walked by, whistling "The Promise" by When in Gracemeria. Eric ignored him and let Ekaterina take care of him, knowing no superior officers were around that would mind her giving "Marky" a kiss. She did so and then approached them, becoming less of an intel officer and more of a fangirl.

"Ohhhh you two, just get married! I can't stand the cuteness! Somebody get a pastor, we'll do it now!" Ekaterina squealed in delight. Misaki blushed and buried her face in Eric's chest as he laughed.

"Well certainly not the day I had in mind for us, but hey she looks just as lovely now as she would in a wedding dress." He admitted. Misaki only blushed more and hit his right arm.

"Baka!"

"Got the Best Man and the Maid of Honor here." Mark said, unable to help himself. Kat  pecked his cheek.

"Then right after that we can have our wedding." She suggested, recomposing herself as a military officer and walking off. Mark chuckled.

"Ah broker no complaints." He admitted as he joined the 32nd and 8th's members. Vixen also joined them.

"That was quite the show. Warms my heart though; having someone makes life easier in this buisness." She chuckled.

"So Ah assume y'all have met Eric's little lady. Guess all the couples are flocking here, eh?" He said, adjusting his hat to the point the brim was almost straight up.

"So when did you get here?" Eric asked Misaki.

"Last night; I was on that Learjet that came in. I wanted to find you but I was busy." She replied.

"It's fine, I was too."

He kissed her again.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Sharky nodded, "Gotcha."  Returning Misaki's bow, he said, "Nice to meet you."  Nodding over to Shamu, who was standing next to the coffee maker experimentally touching the claw marks on his back and wincing, he continued, "That's my RIO, Samya Suara.  He's usually more social than this, but he's probably still a bit dazed from last night."

Shamu nodded politely at Misaki before returning to his inspection.  "Jesus, what does she coat those nails of hers with, napalm?"

Sharky chuckled as the members of Canis entered.  "Morning guys, sleep well?"

As the Aurelian F-117 pilot greeted everyone, Shamu groaned and Sharky said, "I think my RIO barely made it, but most of us seem to have survived."  Noticing Ryoko's zombie-like shuffle, he continued, "I dunno about her, though..."

Overhearing the Ronin's discussion about SAMs and having finally finished his inspection, Shamu spoke up, "TLAMs are a great option if you actually have time.  Otherwise your best option is to put something between you and the radar, pray to god you can jam the uplink, and/or nail the emitter itself.  Buuuuut, considering the damn thing outranges HARMs, good luck with that."

Sharky nodded, "What the scratching post said.  There's also the minor fact that SA-20 and SA-21 radars are crafty little bastards that don't like letting HARMs lock on."

Meanwhile as Kat began fangirling over Eric and Misaki, Shamu sighed, "Am I the only one here not in a loving committed relationship?"

Sharky said over his shoulder, "Yes.  Yes you are."

"Not helping, Sharkman."

Sharky grinned, "I know."

Last edited by shomu1 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:32 am

“Us? We slept very well. Thanks for asking my friend, how was your night with Gale?” the ponytailed captain asked, pausing for a second to take a glance at Shamu licking his wounds. “Seems Shamu has a few marks from last night.” Zack said to Sharky in reply. “Our Yuktobanian friend looks a little ill.” Zack spoke, taking note of the sluggish movements of Ryoko.

Rein bounded up to Sharky, kissing him on the cheek. “Zack tells the truth, I slept extremely well. Counting helps immensely.” The busty pilot winked as she walked over to her seat, a pocket sized book on stars and other stellar phenomena in her hand.  

“A good sleep aid if you ask me.” Ferret smirked. The dark skinned woman giving a warm smile to her flight lead from her chair as she opened the small book.

“It was a very good night indeed my dear, I haven’t slept this well in a couple days.” Mao said pecking Zack on the cheek. Looking to the AAF pilot Mao said, “The pack made it through the night just fine, even the one with the Mohawk over there.”  

“My night was eventful.” Alyosha simply remarked as he took his seat in the briefing room; Mao’s comment rolling off his shoulders as he sipped a sizeable Styrofoam cup of black coffee in his hand, his eyes quickly glancing over the notes laid out in front of him.

As the bespectacled Pointese woman introduced herself to the pilots of the Thirty Second, getting a nod and a smile from a coffee drinking Alyosha while Rein looked up from her book to say “Hello!” with a wave. Mao replied in kind in her native tongue to the young woman, “It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Kuro, I am Takayanagi Mao, I am a F-16 pilot from the Thirty Second Fighter Squadron of the Osean Air Force. This is my flight lead and fiancée Hathaway Zachary. The other two you just spoke with are Denisov Alyosha and Carter Rein. It is also nice to meet someone of Pointese heritage.” Mao closing her statement with a bow to Saki.

Zachary then spoke up, his Pointese being much more broken than his beloved, “I am Hathaway Zachary, it is pleasure to meet you Miss Kuro. As Mao said, I am her fiancée and flight lead. As for your question regarding our naval brethren, yes. We are acquainted with them but only recently.”

Zack interjected with a comment on SEAD hearing about the difficulty of the SA-20 and SA-21 radars being resistant to HARM lock on, “That’s what JSOW is for, really helps when you are confronting more advanced systems like the SLAMRAAM or the aforementioned SA-20. You can’t forget about low level MANPADS trying to gank you either. Mistrals were the freaking devil in Sapin. Nothing but Chaff/Flare and Missile alarms going off in my inner ear.”

Alyosha shivered, “Seriously man. Fuck those things and the men who carried them.”

Mao chuckled, “Something we can both agree on for once Matchstick.” The female pilot looking to Ryu, “You sound like Zack when he is scouring through intelligence reports and reference books, a little knowledge can go a long way.”

“Information is the deadliest weapon we can wield.” Zack quipped.

Their attention was now affixed to the reunion of Misaki and Eric as they kissed and exchanged words, Kat oozing over the display and his fellow wingman making a smart crack. Mao looking on was reminded of her own turbulent time after joining the air force and how much of stabilizing element Zack had proven to be, her hand wrapping around his.

“Yes, we all got to meet Misaki; even if my introduction in Pointese was a little garbled…I guess so Mark.” Zack said, looking to Hime who returned a warm glance making the fox ear gesture with her free hand.
    Jason The Salt
    King of Salinakkis

Post by Jason The Salt on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Nodding to the assessment of the half sleeping Yuke, Carlos chimed in on the concurring conversation. "Well MANPADS are a funny thing. During the war, the Liberation Front found a whole crate of Leasath 92's. They were still calibrated for shooting at AAF planes. The CAS men did not like that, having SAM warnings from behind your own lines."

The Yuke pilot took a seat, Eyes closed. Making out a quick mutter she stated, "I don't even need this today..." And waited for the sounds of the briefing to start.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:09 pm

After getting showering, getting dressed and having their breakfast, Dustin, Beatrix and Claudio entered the briefing room and took a seat next to William. "So the briefing hasn't started yet, I see." Dustin said. Will nodded, and replied, "Maybe you could spend the time confessing your feelings to Beatrix."

This incited a blush from both Dustin and Beatrix, who overheard the conversation.

"Um..." They both said.

Claudio laughed at the spectacle, "Oh, you two are like a bunch of scared children."

Changing the subject, Beatrix turned to Will, "So Will. What do you think?"

"Huh?" William asked slightly confused.

"The Colonel. What do you think of her?" Beatrix clarified, inciting a blush on Will's face, who replied "Strict, has an icy queen personality about her, but very beautiful. You planning on playing matchmaker between me and her?"

Beatrix nodded, "You bet! I know you'd melt her cold heart."
    Lemniscus 2

Post by Lemniscus 2 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Alex didn't say much on the way to the briefing room. In public, he wasn't one to start conversations anyway. 'Only speak when spoken to, unless you are asserting yourself for a superior officer.' His father instilled in him many things, though he wasn't always thankful for it. And so he sat in silence. Yes, he was bored.

He tried to alleviate the effect the silence had on him by mentally preparing himself for the upcoming mission... to little effect. He wanted the meeting done and over with so he could get in the air and show what he could do— demonstrate he wasn't some greenhorn nor some hothead, but someone who could be relied upon. But there was something more immediate than demonstrating what he could do in the sky...

Alex turned his attention to the other pilots who loitered in the room, chatting amongst themselves. Of course he wanted to speak, to join the conversations. But, what could he contribute? What could he say that would be satisfactory of an airman? How long has he been flying? How many kills he's made? What does he do in his spare time? Does he have anybody "special" back home? He did not know whether to join or continue to sit silently. Speak up or let his actions speak for him?

Alex sighed, "I think too much..."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 pm

"Okay Love, you can have a longer reunion later. For now take a seat; we have a mission to talk about." Misaki said, letting Eric go. He nodded and parted ways with her, grabbing a seat closer to the front.

"Yah see, that'd be nice if we actually got JSOW. In the realm of carrier air wings, it's almost exclusively given to either Super Hornets or JSFs. Us T-Hawk guys don't get that weapon as often as we should even though we can carry it." Mark pointed out at the mention of JSOW as he sat down, removing his hat.

"SEAD's kind of Tex's second favorite thing next to CAP." Ryu chuckled, looking towards Zack.

"Reason we have him as a section lead. Few can attack SAM sites with a narrower selection of resources than Tex here. Jam, run, and shutdown all you want; I wouldn't underestimate him just cause he's only packing AARGMs and 105s." Vixen added, thumping the bigger pilot on the arm. Mark said "YGBSM" and leaned back in his seat.

With things moving towards the issue of the day's mission, Misaki straightened up her appearance and found the most comfortable spot before the pilots she could. It was just like teaching a class, she reminded herself. Eric nodded at her in confidence. She looked at Kat, who was also silently encouraging her.

"Very well, with everyone here, let's begin..." She said in a loud, firm voice, coordinating with the projector. Misaki read the words on the screen nearly word-for word.

Mission 1 
    Operation: Skylark
    March 27, 2025 (Local Time: 0930)
    Feyador Valley, Tara

Briefing:
              Today will be the official start of ARIA participation in the Tara Theater of Operations (TTO). After your familiarization flights, we expect you can handle yourselves on basic patrols. However, before you begin your flights, it’s imperative you remember these Rules of Engagement.

1.)  At no time will any ARIA or YAF aircraft cross the border into Verusea without the express approval of authorized officers.

2.)  At no time will any ARIA or YAF engage any aircraft outright unless said aircraft engages them with a weapon.

3.)  Any intrusion into Yuktobanian airspace will be met by the nearest aircraft. Aircraft assigned to intercept will come within visual range of the intruder and establish contact via radio. The intruder will then be escorted out of Yuktobanian airspace.

4.)  If an intruding aircraft experiences an inflight emergency, they will be directed to the nearest available airfield under escort.

5.)  Aircraft exhibiting “aggressive behavior” may be deemed a threat by the local commander's judgement. Aggressive behavior can include maneuvers to get on one's tail, constant locks for a weapons shot, and turning into another aircraft multiple times after said aircraft has turned away to show it is not a threat.

6.)  All intruding aircraft or aircraft may be tracked on radar, but not locked for a weapons shot. This also applies to ground-based targets such as SAMs.

7.)  Any ARIA or YAF aircraft that display aggressive behavior themselves are to be immediately escorted to the nearest base and forced to land.

8.)  Any hostile act on a civilian craft will be treated as an attack on an ARIA/YAF craft.

9.)  The ARIA on-screen commander has, in certain situations, has the option of authorizing "Responsive Option" strikes. These strikes are designed to destroy immediate threats in the area deemed openly hostile.

10.)         All ARIA aircraft, regardless of affiliation, are bound by the ARIA ROE before their nation's.

Here’s the overall situation: In order to keep the Veruseans from making any sudden moves, aggressive or otherwise, the Yuktobanian Air Force (YAF) has been keeping up patrols near the border with the country to monitor them. On the ground, the Yuke-Verusean border has become heavily guarded and mined in several areas. The Federal Verusean Air Defense Forces (FVADF) have kept at least five pairs of aircraft near the border at any time, and also have several ground-based missile and gun sites along the area. These have been showing signs of varying aggression from making runs at the border to tracking various aircraft. We also have spotty reports that they’ve been making distractions so spy planes can enter Yuktobanian airspace or electronic intelligence gathering aircraft can get near the border. Our job therefore is simple: keep the Veruseans in check and maintain the peace.
              Today’s flight will be no frills patrolling. Aircraft will be assigned sectors to fly and will do so until relieved by the next shift. Each sector will be manned by seven aircraft. Two flights of two aircraft will act as fighters, flying BARrier Combat Air Patrol (BARCAP) and armed to intercept any airborne threats. The remaining three aircraft will act as a Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) flight, with two aircraft armed with anti-radar missiles and other ground attack munitions and a third aircraft a jammer. The local YAF forces and James Wellington Carrier Battle Group will provide electronic warfare aircraft. Your Airborne Warning And Control Systems (AWACS) for this mission will be an E-767 from ARIA, callsign “Horus Eye”, though additional AWACS aircraft may be sent aloft to help.
              The favored aircraft of the local Verusean Air Forces J-8IIM “Finback”, though the J-11B “Flanker B” has also been spotted numerous times. Radar tapes suggest these aircraft are controlled both by mobile Ground-Control Intercept (GCI) stations as well as AWACS aircraft, namely the KJ-3000 “Mainring”. On the ground, the primary threat will be the HQ-10 long-range SAM. The shorter-ranged PGZ-07 mobile AA-Gun and HQ-7 mobile SAM will also be present, guarding Federal Verusean Ground Forces. At the lowest level, be weary of individuals armed with SA-27 Willow portable SAMs or M02 heavy machine guns. Good luck, and welcome to Tara.

Weather and Terrain:
              Meteorology reports scattered showers in the area below 9,000 feet will be becoming a more common thing with the late spring and summer rolling in. The average temperature will be around 71 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) the time you’ll be arriving on station, with humidity expected at lower levels. The terrain of Feyador valley is heavily populated by fields that have been shaped for farming, though there are many hills that measure about 600 feet in height. The major river in the area is the Igla River, which runs from West to East. Most of the major roads in the area are paved. Several areas are populated by Yuktobanian mechanized forces or even mined. Use caution should you go down.

Allied Forces:
              Allied Forces will be assigned to the various sectors. Below you will find your sector assignments and job for this flight.

Misaki neglected to read the list that followed after a nod from Kat.

"I'll take it from here, Miss Kuro. Excellent presentation." She assured. The woman looked towards the others.

"Any questions you have regarding what we know on the Verusean forces in the area can be brought to me. Lt. Walker of VF-138 is also a rather well-read person in this area of study; he can help too if you need." She spoke up. Mark held up a victory sign.

AWACS: ARIA 1st Rapid Response Force, “Horus Eye” (x1 E-767)

Sector 1-Alpha
    West CAP: OADF 83rd FS Unicorns, “Unicorn” (x2 F-16U Kestrel)
    East CAP: OADF 32nd FS Canis, “Canis” (x2 F-16G Fighting Falcon)
    SEAD: OADF 32nd FS Canis, “Canis” (x2 F-16G Fighting Falcon), VAQ-208 Daredevils, “Starfighter” (x1 EA-18G Growler)

Sector 1-Bravo
    West CAP: OMDF VF-138 Red Ronin, “Shogun” (x2 F-21A Thunderhawks)
    East CAP: OMDF VF-138 Red Ronin, “Shogun” (x2 F-21A Thunderhawks)
    SEAD: Rosenthal Security 8th TFS, “Basilisk” (x2 F-14D Quickstrikes), VAQ-208 Daredevils, “Starfighter” (x1 EA-18G Growler)

Sector 2-Alpha
    West CAP: BAF 42nd TFS Eisern, “Eisern” (x2 Bm.422C2 Ginovers)
    East CAP: BAF 42nd TFS Eisern, “Eisern” (x2 Bm.422C2 Ginovers)
    SEAD: REAF 28th FS Garudas, “Garuda” (x2 F-15E Strike Eagles), OMDF VAQ-208 Daredevils, “Starfighter” (x1 EA-18G Growler)

Sector 2-Bravo
    West CAP: YAF 9th ADS Castle, “Rook” (x1 JAS-39C Gripen), BAF 42nd TFS Eisern, “Eisern” (x1 Bm.422C2 Ginover)
    East CAP: General Resource 11th TFS, “Infinity” (x2 F-15S/MTD Eagle+)
    SEAD: AAF 19th TFS Otus, “Otus” (x1 F-117A Nighthawk), YAF 89th SEWS Guardian, “Korvet” (x2 Su-24MP Fencer)

Enemy Forces:
              It is important to note that this is the usual number of enemy forces present in the area. Not all forces listed may be actively engaged in any hostilities that break out.

FVADF 3rd Wing, 10th Interceptor Squadron “Stuka”
    x8 J-8IIM Finback

FVADF 8th Wing, 29th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron “Koplje”
    x8 J-11B Flanker

FVADF 4th Wing, 54th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, “Pisar”
    x4 JZ-8F Photoback

FVADF 3rd Wing, 1st Electronic Warfare Squadron “Plemenit”
    x1 KJ-3000 Mainring
    x2 Y-9JB Cupboard

FVADF 391st Air Defense Regiment, “Katapult”
    x10 HQ-10 long-range SAMs
    x10 HQ-7 short-range SAMs
    x5 PGZ-07 SPAAGs

"Are there any questions?" Misaki asked, quieting a little.

Eric couldn't think of anything; ROE seemed pretty solid and it was just a simple BARCAP. The real question was how the Veruseans were gonna behave. In that case maybe it would be a good idea to ask about the J-10. The J-11 was no engima; it was a Flanker. Flanker's had been facing Osean pilots in war and peace for decades. He looked towards Ryu, who seemed rather absorbed in the brief. Eric elbowed him lightly.

"Just breathe, Ryu. Stay with us and do what we say and what your training says." He said quietly. The younger lieutenant nodded with a jerk of his head.

Mark, in the meantime, was also thinking about the spectrum of threats. Ironic they'd be talking about the SA-20, seeing as the HQ-10 was very similar. Not that he could do anything about them this run except evade. The J-10...now there was a new one. Intel insisted it acted like a Typhoon, which he'd fought and beaten.  Okay, that made things easier.

"Will any forces on the ground be in contact with us if we go down? Do they know we're there in case they need to find us?" Vixen spoke up.

"Local forces have been given plenty of warning, but they may not be able to rescue you, at least not immediately, commander." Kat answered.

"Understood." Vixen nodded.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 am

Hearing Vixen's question about rescue, Sharky spoke up, "Rosenthal SOAR also has a couple of Ospreys on alert for CSAR.  However, it'll probably take them at least an hour or two to get to where we are.  It's not the greatest, but they are available, and they're definitely reliable."

Meanwhile Shamu had pulled out a tablet and begun checking their loadouts before confirming them with the ground crew.  Noticing this, Sharky asked quietly, "What did they give us?"

Without looking up from the tablet, Shamu said, "AARGM on 1B, dual Anaconda on 8B, triple Brimstones on 3 and 6, CBU-103 on 4 and 5.  The usual Sidewinders and full gun."

"So standard load."

"Yup."

Sharky turned to Millie and Showtime, who had walked in just before the briefing started.  "You up for it?"

Showtime shrugged, "You tell us, we do it, boss."

Millie meanwhile raised his hand.  "Are the SEAD flights going to be held in reserve until a responsive option is authorized?  If so, are we to wait at Tiger and scramble when the option's called, or do we wait in a holding pattern?"

Last edited by shomu1 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-