A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Wing Blue Part 2: WAR!

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Wing Blue Part 2: WAR!

Post by viperzero on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:53 pm

"Its like I said Bob, its a cluster fuck out here." 

General Allen was getting sick of the bad news he had been getting on the phone all day

"Your people have been a really help though Bob, where gunna need them.

"Thank You sir, I still feel we are short handed however, Especially with are recent losses, I would appreciate anyone you could spare."

"I'll let you know Bob, anyway, what about that black project you have going in New Mexico? when can we expect that?"

"Well sir it was nearly operation, if not combat ready, but the CIA has been trouble and my man with them is gone."

"We'll take care of that Bob, even if I need to go to the President, you and your people just keep up the good work. Anyway I have another mission for you, I'll fax the details to you."

The Machine in the corner of the room, which up till then had been silent began making it mechanical noises. General Allen got up and picked up the warm fresh sheet of paper. he looked at it for a moment before putting it down and hit a button on his intercom.

"Tell the pilots we have a briefing in an hour. Don't cancel my meetings with my pilots though, especially the ones that can get me more planes."

--------

Sabrina had a knot in her stomach all day, she just wished she could exhale it out, but even when she did the feeling came right back. In the hanger in her orange flight suit she stood next to her XS-3. It looked so perfect, so new, all the hard work it had taken to build it. the thought of it damaged or destroyed in some German field was upsetting beyond compare. She began to pace back and forth, trying to find something to tinker with to take her mind off the coming battle.
    shomu1

Re: Wing Blue Part 2: WAR!

Post by shomu1 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Chewy and Nitro had hopped on a jeep back to the Officer's Club, intending to, in Chewy's words, "Get as plastered as possible as rapidly as possible."  

Subha decided to walk, wanting to clear his head.  Having nothing better to do, Dexter accompanied him.  The two walked in silence for a while, observing the bustle of the airbase as it continued launching F-111s on strikes across the channel.  Finally Dexter spoke up.  "So that could have gone worse."

"Much worse."

"I'm surprised the defenses were as light as they were."

"I am too.  I guess the Russkies wanted their heavy stuff forward."

"Still, that bridge is sorta important.  I would have expected they'd at least have SOMETHING better than a couple Shilkas and SA-6s."

Subha chuckled, "You REALLY want to see an SA-19, don't you?"

"I wouldn't say THAT.  It's just, fuck, I dunno, it's kind of a letdown to study all this crap and then only have to tangle with stuff that's been around for forever."

Subha said firmly, remembering the F-111 they had lost during El Dorado Canyon, "Not the greatest way to think, Dex.  The old stuff'll kill you just as dead as the new stuff."

Dexter realized he'd hit a nerve.  "Sorry, sir."

"You're fine.  It's okay to want a challenge, but remember to be careful what you wish for."

"Roger that."

By now they had made it to the O Club.  Pushing the door open, Subha said with a slight grin, "Now let's enjoy being alive, shall we?"

Dexter grinned, "After you, sir."

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:55 am

"You're awfully quiet, Darling."

Cody stopped tapping the can of Miller High Life a minute. He loved it when she said that, just the way her accent made it sound. It felt even better after the love-struck idiot that he was got to hear it after only a few days of separation.

"Just glad to hear yah say that is all." He said as he sat at the O'Club bar.

"Maybe I should talk dirty then?" She suggested with a chuckle.

"Ah bet me and the KGB guys tappin the wire would love that." Cody joked.

"The what?? Who??"

Cody laughed. Anne failed to find it funny; she clutched the pillow she was holding tighter and pouted into the receiver of the phone, though he couldn't see it at all. 

"Ah'm kidding, Anne, Ah'm kidding. Anyways Ah don't have much longer. The bartender's giving me dirty looks. Ah'll call again soon to assure y'all Ah'm okay." He said. Her expression became disheartened.

"But you just called!" She protested.

"Ah know, but your Darling's a busy guy right now....he loves yah very much though. He wants to hold yah again soon." Cody assured.

"I bet he wants to do more than that...uncouth ruffian."

Cody's smile grew even wider at her teasing.

"Don't tempt me, Anne. Ah love y'all."

"I love you too, Cody."

He hung up and got back to his beer. The bartender passed but said nothing to the USN pilot. Cody looked around the O'Club but still didn't dare to talk to anyone. He was among another kind, strike pilots. Cody's patches on his beaten leather jacket shone brightly amongst the ones on others. He did have to wonder how many of these guys had gone south to kick around Gaddafi under his cover. He leaned back in the high chair and let himself remember how harry it'd actually been. The Libyans had shot without accuracy, but they'd shot often. No no he didn't want to think about that anymore. He went back to thinking of Anne. That was a nicer image.

Weapon Loadouts:

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Overlooking their Tornado F.3, Robert and Elenora. Elenora couldn't help but think out loud, "So it has begun..."

"Indeed it has." Robert replied, equally concerned, "How about we head to the Officer's Club."

Elenora replied, "Alright. But you're paying."

The two headed off to the Officer's Club to meet up with the Americans.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Subha and Dexter entered the O-club, chuckling at the sight of Chewy and Nitro in the corner, who had, as expected, managed to get thoroughly intoxicated.  Dexter walked up to the bar and ordered a rum and coke.

Subha followed.  "Coke, no ice."

The gruff bartender gestured to the sign above the bar.  "All we' go's Pepsi."

"Yeah that's fine."

As the bartender filled a glass, Dexter asked, "No booze, sir?"

Subha shrugged, "Eh, never been one for drinking."

"I see."

"I'll have a drink or two on occasion, but I don't usually make a habit of it."

"Fair enough."  Raising his glass, Dexter continued, "Either way, a toast?  To making it through our first night?"

"I'll drink to that."  Subha clinked his glass with Dexter's before noticing the F-15 pilot over by the phones.  Walking over, he said, "Cody, right?  Thanks for that top cover."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Cody looked over at the two familiar face s and sat up a little.

"Yeah, Cody's the name. Glad to help." He said. The man looked around and then chuckled.

"Mind if Ah join y'all wherever yer sittin? Not many folks Ah know around here." He admitted.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Subha chuckled, "Ah, don't be scared.  Us strike folks don't bite."

Dexter chimed in, "Too hard, anyway."

Subha simply rolled his eyes as he directed his WSO and the F-15 pilot to a table.  "So you're navy, right?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Cody laughed at the joke as he sat down and removed his jacket

"Well Ah've found us fighter guys have an overall rep among strikers for not being the most humble sometimes. Anyways yes Ah'm a Blue Jacket; got sent to fly Eagles a little after the Saratoga got back from the Gulf of Sidra. Before that Ah was with VF-74, the Be-Devillers." He explained, waing around his mostly empty can as he talked.

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:18 pm

"Kelly" a familiar voice called out

Sabrina turned to see General Allen walk into the hanger

"Sir?" 

"Look sorry about before, its just I need to know how you will do under fire, your involvement with the project and all that, my may be bringing it out soon and your one of the few who can fly it."

Sabrina was silent, thinking about her work over the last few years in New Mexico

"What about the others?"

"I'm getting them ready, your just the only one I could get to come to Europe right now."

General Allen walked over, he put his hand on the plane just under the canopy 

"Nice plane you got, reminds me of the AFTI"

"Thank You sir, its different from the normal f-16 in a l--"

he cut her off

"You know why don't you go to the officers club."

Sabrina looked confused 

"Why?

"cause its fun"

She was quite for a moment

"But I'm not an officer or military"

"Yea I'm sure their gunna kick out the young single female test pilot, besides I sent you."

"um-- ok" she said, barely hiding her discomfort.
    -----

Northern Iran 
    The Same time

A lone SU-27 began landing at what was once Tabriz air base of the Iranian Air Force. Converted to a Soviet facility during the Invasion, Tabriz was one of the most important facilities in country. As the Flanker slowed to a halt and taxied to its hanger a Soviet Commissar and a group of officers assembled near the plane. The Flanker was rather unusual in that it carried the markings of the Soviet Air Defense force rather than the air force. The Canopy Opened and the pilot removed her helmet reveling the face of a tall beautiful woman. As she walked down the ladder the commissar spoke.

"Its good to see you again comrade."

The Woman faced him and smiled. After saluting she hugged him, lifting him right off his feet.

"Its been some time uncle, I am glad to see your well! Where is father?

"The General is with the wreckage of the American Satellite in hanger four, seeing you should make his day though!"

the party left the plane and began walking

------------

Sabrina looked at herself in the mirror, normally when she went out, when that rarely did happen she had her Mother, Sisters or friends help her dress up. She simply didn't care much most of the time about her appearance, often going about her day with hair unmade or clothing that didn't match. She felt however she had done an adequate job. She had on a black long sleeve shirt and a Red Skirt that reached her ankles. Her pink lipstick looked well applied and her short red hair seemed in order for once. 

"Ginger I'll be back later!"

Sabrina got to the club, she reached the door, and spent about a minute looking at it not wanting to go in.

I'll go in spend a half hour and say I have to go back to work.

She opened the door and walked in, all around her where the various military men. US, British, Air Force, Navy, Marines, it looked like a catalog of military uniforms. Sabrina was already feeling-- not really fear but discomfort being their. She walked over to a table in the corner and stuck her face in a menu that was on the table. After a few minutes she noticed an few arcade machines in the corner.

To bad I don't have any British Money.

a little later she saw some familiar faces at the bar. She didn't want to call out to them, she barely knew them, but every few minutes she found herself looking to see what they where doing.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:47 am

Subha chuckled, "Well we're the ones who're gonna do the actual winning of the war, so I think we can excuse a little ego here and there while you gents make your little puff flicks."  Taking a swig of his drink, he continued, "So Sidra.  Were you around for that little party over Tripoli?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:09 am

"Yeah, we flew top cover for the hit on Benina Airfield while the Intruders and Corsairs  went in. Not a single friggin MiG all night but they threw up more SAMs than Ah'd ever seen in my time. Everyone was itching to get the same shot that VF-41 did in 81. If any were up, they never came near us. Ah spent the entire time on station with my RIO talking about the fishing by Key West." Cody explained. He looked at Subha.

"So where did y'all hit em?" He asked, finishing off his beer.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:17 am

"We hit the airfield at Tripoli."

"Well, you did.  I was sitting around at Mountain Home twiddling my thumbs wishing I was back in the UK.  Not that it would have mattered, anyway.  Since apparently even though the Echos are the ones that trained for that shit, they decided we weren't cool enough."

Subha grinned and said slyly, "Foxtrots for life, brother."

Dexter frowned, "What happened to 'I'm an equal opportunity Vark driver?'"

Subha simply laughed and took another sip of his drink.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:45 am

"Well now yah get yer fun...now we all get it." Cody said with a wry smile. He hailed a waitress for another beer and raised the bottle, another Miller.

"Fuck world peace, right?" He observed. The man took a drink and set down his drink; he requested something to eat, a bowl of soup and a grinder.

"So where in the US or A do y'all hail from?" He asked.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am

Subha and Dexter raised their glasses and said in unison, "Fuck world peace, and may we never die peacefully."

When the waitress came by, Subha ordered a burger and fries, while Dexter asked for a tuna sandwich.

After she left, Subha said, "I'm from Philly."

"The Bronx.  Not that I go back at all."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:44 am

"Philly...nice sandwiches." Cody winked. "Ah don't blame yah for not going back to NYC, either. Ah hate the big city. Ah got to live in the suburbs of Ft. Myers Florida, granted it wasn't that bad. I almost died at age two because Ivan parked some missiles on the next block. Fishing's great, though." 

He spotted the Tornado pilots and waved to them. It was good to see fellow fighter types nearby.

"Granted most people probably know my neck of the woods for Miami Vice and Disney, now. Unless yer a military type." He added.

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Sabrina noticed a few men gathered around a small Sony TV near the bar but she couldn't get a good look at what was on, she only picked up a few words over all the chatter

"too little to late, where was that an hour ago? I bet Smith is asking himself that now."

one of the Air Force pilots started speaking loudly

"Smith is a bum, he shouldn't have even shown up if he wasn't going to fight, is Sliver around? He would be disgusted."

Sabrina walked over behind the group to see what was on the TV

"and the winner by unanimous decision and New WBA and WBC Champion of the World "Iron" Mike Tyson!"

"No shit the other guy didn't fight, should have just let Mike knock him out in the first."

as the crowed walked away Sabrina found herself next to her squad mates. They where talking about where they lived.

"uh--, Philly, the Bronx? I'm from New Jersey."

--------------------

"Shit, that badly?"

General Allen was taken aback by news of how far Warsaw Pact troops had penetrated, at the rate they where moving, unless something drastic changed, then by weeks end Frankfurt and V Corps would be attacked.

"42 fucking years of planing and were getting our ass kicked in the opening act. FUCK!"

------------
    "Father!" 

The Young Soviet pilot ran over to her dad, a rare outburst of emotion from the cynical woman, but she hadn't seen him in many months. The aged WWII veteran covered in medals and looked up to see his beloved daughter.

"Natalya!" he exclaimed, the two ran up to each other, but rather than hug she saluted the Lieutenant General first, before the two embraced.

"Its so good to see you again, with these troubled times, Even if you are an Ace now."

"Thank you father, but we have work to attend too."

"yes the American satellite, come this way."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Cody leaned back so he could see the speaker.

"Howdy...Sabrina, was it?" He asked.

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:51 pm

"uh yea Sabrina Kelly, I think we saw each other before but we where never formally introduced. its nice to meet you, Mr.--"
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Subha shook his head, "Nah.  Not just Disney World.  I was actually thinking of requesting a transfer down to Eglin before this Wing Blue business happened."

Meanwhile as Sabrina approached the table, Dexter raised his glass in greeting.  "Well looky here.  It's Miss Tinker Toy."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Sabrina smiled "Miss Tinker Toy? Oh like that Tom Cruise movie last year with the F-14s! The Nick names." 

Sabrina signaled to get a Diet Pepsi.

"Anyway wait till we get back to New Mexico and you guys see the Toys the old man wants you to play with. Err General Allen. You guys Fly Eagles and Aardvarks right? we got the F-15 S/MTD right now and thats the General's baby! He's gunna hate to give it back when NASA and the Air Force come for it. We also have those old F-111Bs, they have the stronger air frames for carrier landings and we use them for a lot of tests.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Entering the Club, Robert and Elenora noticed an American waving his hand.

"Why don't we join them?" Elenora suggested. Robert nodded.

"Hello mates." Robert greeted the Americans at their table.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:02 pm

"Lieutenant Cody Walker, but Ranger is what Ah prefer. Ah usually fly Tomcats, miss; the Eagle is only a temporary assignment to diversify my forte." Cody replied in a mockingly sophisticated tone as his food arrived. He held up a hand to the F.3 entourage due to a mouth full of salami, ham, and provolone.

"Ah, the RAF has arrived. Thanks again for the help over the bridge." He said, offering a hand.

"And congrats on the kills."

Weapon Loadouts:

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 pm

Sabrina look perplexed "Tomcats, Eagles? Are you a test pilot?"

She looked at the clearly Naval uniform "Wow I was at the debrief I knew you flew the Eagle into battle and I never would have guessed your Navy."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:50 am

Subha spoke up after raising his hand in greeting to the Brits, "Our dear Lt. Walker is on an exchange tour."

Dexter added, "As for F-111Bs, having stronger gear doesn't mean jack shit if you can't bomb.  For us, anyway.  Hell you'd be better off giving us the Charlie models they gave the Aussies, but I think our F-111Fs still have better electronics."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:50 am

Sabrina was confused for a second "Oh no you misunderstand! I'll talking about back in New Mexico not here! Obviously you've been flying the right for battle, you just came back from the mission. I was just talking about why I think you were selected for the unit to begin with, before this..."

It was only now that it struck Sabrina that WWIII might be the end of the human race, she tried to shake it off.

"Whole mess started, Anyway I didn't know the Air Force let Navy pilots anywhere near its planes, thats really cool. I guess since I might never have another chance to ask this question... What do the like better the F-15 or F-14?"

She looked to the British pilots "Hello!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 pm