A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

The Barracks

Lemniscus 1
    Admin

The Barracks

Post by Lemniscus 1 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Officer and NCO Housing    
    shomu1

Re: The Barracks

Post by shomu1 on Sun May 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Sharky walked into the base quarters building and made his way towards the pair of rooms he and Shamu had acquired for themselves.  Arriving at his door, he nodded to the security officer standing guard.  "Terry."

The stocky black man nodded in greeting, straightening up.  "Afternoon, Mr. Sarkar.  Nice flight?"

"Eh, I've had better.  She sleep?"

"As far as I could tell.  Didn't hear any movement."

"Got it.  Thanks, son.  I'll take it from here.  Sorry to drag you away."

Terry nodded, adjusting the single-point sling of his M4.  "No problem, sir.  Have a nice day.  Oh, and here's the laptop."

"You too, man.  Thanks."

As Terry made his way down the hallway, Sharky stepped into the room.  The drab dormitory-style apartment had been thoroughly renovated by Sharky and Shamu with the help of Rosenthal's logistics personnel.  The two apartments had been fused together, with the first being turned into a bar and lounge space, with the second containing each pilot's personal room.  Sharky walked past the door to Shamu's room and quietly let himself into his own.  Once inside, he walked over to the large bed, where Irina was sleeping peacefully.  Smiling, he placed a hand on the redhead's shoulder, shaking it gently.  "Monkey."

Irina stirred slowly.  "Hwuhh...  Nuuu Gale no more...  Sharky cannot take me if I can't walk..."

Sharky smirked and shook her harder.  "Moooonkey, wake up."

"Hwuuuuuh..."  Irina slowly rolled over, her eyes coming open.  "Sharky?"

"Up you get, sleepyhead."

Irina sat up in bed, stretching her arms out as she yawned widely.  Sharky couldn't help notice that she had decided to go to bed au naturale.  Swallowing a few times to get the bad taste out of her mouth, she looked at the tall Tomcat pilot and said excitedly, "Sharky!" before leaping on him, wrapping her arms around him.

Sharky chuckled, "Hey girl.  Sleep well?"

Irina nodded.  "Mhmm.  Would have been better if SOMEBODY was in bed with me, though.  Poor Monkey was so cold and lonely..."

Sharky kissed the short Yuktobanian on the head.  "I know, hon.  But you know I had a flight."

"How'd it go?"

"Well, you'll be happy to know we didn't have any issues because of the radar."

"I sense a 'but' coming."

"But we had a whole four-shot of Brimstones miss.  Also Showtime and Millie apparently need to relearn how to bomb, but that's on me."

Irina asked, "Were those four the only ones you fired?"

"Us, yes.  Dash two fired a four-shot, but theirs were in IR and all hit."

"Hmm.  You fired radar?"

"Yes.  I'm thinking something to do with the seeker.  Got Shams talking to the ordies to see if it's a hardware fault.  Could also be the weather."

Irina shook her head.  "It's not THAT humid.  I'll look at the software."

"As will I."

"But."

Sharky shook his head.  "No.  No more single-handed all-nighters for you, lady.  That does more harm than good.  The more eyes we have on this the quicker we squash this bug.  Got it."

Irina nodded.

"That's my girl.  Now get dressed.  I wanna go talk to the ordies myself, plus we do still have to debrief."

"Okay."  Irina quickly pulled on a pair of fatigue pants and a t-shirt.  "Let's go."

"Onwards."  Sharky and Irina walked out of the room, heading back to the flight line.

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 pm

March 27, 2025 (Local Time: 1322)
    VF-138 Det. Tiger Spaces
    Tiger NAFB

"...The Verusean Air Force (official designation Verusean Federal Air Defense Force) showcased its tactics briefly, so I believe the picture wasn't complete. Lieutenant Commander Bauserman expressed that they did, however, show several key actions in the engagement on 27 March, 2025. They kept their attack organized even when I'd downed one of their aircraft almost immediately after the start of the fight. Lieutenant Walker was also the victim of a well-executed effort to prevent a numerically superior force from bringing its full arsenal to bear. Lieutenant Walker also pointed out that the remaining jets that were combat capable had managed to further evade a numerically superior force for a while before being downed..."

Eric reread the part of his After-Action Report (AAR) that gave his opinion on the way the VFADF had fought. He'd been able to watch both radar tapes, use what Go Pro footage they could get and talking with each other. The forming opinion was that the Verueseans were well-trained and it was because they were using training from Yuktobania. Vixen had recognized a few tactics that were similar to VVS moves. It was also possible, Mark suggested from his studies, that there were Osean tactics mixed in. He looked t another part of the AAR.

"...Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Itogara performed well. He showed nothing exceptional; I didn't expect anything of that nature, though. He followed his training and did as he was supposed to. No "showboating" or any unnecessary moves made for the sake of excitement of any kind of frivolous reasons. Recommend he remain in the detachment to gain further practical experience..."

Eric glanced over a few other things before he stood up and took the AAR over to Vixen.

"Here you are, ma'am. Hope everything is in order; I'll correct anything that isn't as soon as I can." He said in a businesslike voice. She nodded gratefully.

"Okay Saber, that should be all for now. Get some food and report back here; CAG wants to talk with us at 1400 and I want to see about getting more interconnected with the other units." She replied. He nodded and walked off.

Eric put on his aviators and rolled up his flightsuit sleeves still felt tinges of excitement poking in him. The adrenaline was taking its time lowering this go. Partly he felt like he'd just survived a brush with death...washing up on the beach gasping for air or pulling yourself up from the cliff. He walked across the way and noted a familiar face walking his way. Misaki stopped and offered a warm smile as he crossed the rest of the way to her.

"Hello my samurai..." She said, sounding tired despite the expression. He took her in his arms and let out a breath.

"Eric, I'm tired already." She confessed.

"Welcome to it, Saki. Welcome to it...we'll be tired together though, okay? We'll get through it."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Misaki felt the need to say it again because she didn't know this was going to play out. She didn't want to think it would become anything bad but she didn't want to regret not telling him those three words enough or being able to do it one last time. Eric had a bad feeling it wasn't going to simply turn into one international incident that heightened tensions until everyone relaxed and reached for the olive branch again. He didn't dare share that feeling with Misaki, though.

"Come on, let's get lunch." He proposed.

"Yes." She agreed, taking his hand and walking with him across the tarmac.

In the meantime Mark had also finished his report, but instead of releasing him to eat Vixen had another job for him.

"Tex, go to base intel and drop off copies of these and see if they have anything for us. Then see if Lieutenant Notlovich can help us in setting up a nice flow with the other units." She said. Mark tilted his head.

"Why not just call em and fax these?" He suggested. Dammit Tex take a hint...

"Because someone there needs to see someone else, get me? Now move." Vixen said, flicking open her Zippo to light another Marlboro. Mark's eyes widdened and he promptly nodded.

"Aye aye." The naval aviator nodded. He turned with the clasp envelope containing VF-138's AARs in it and headed for the door.

"Tex."

Mark stopped as he was halfway out; Vixen motioned at a certain object on his desk.

"Wear it, man." she "suggested". Mark nodded and donned the cowboy hat before hurrying out and making his way towards Tiger's Ops Center.

Vixen sat back in her chair and sighed, taking out her cigarette and blowing smoke towards the ceiling. Her eyes fell on Ryu, who was deep in his own homework.

"Jukebox, hungry?" She asked. He stopped and looked over at her.

"Sorta, I guess ma'am." He shrugged.

"I'll have sandwiches sent over from mess. You go shower." She replied. 

Ryu became a little embarrassed; he'd spent so much time with Angel he'd gone straight from his little rendezvous to AAR and Yellow Sheet. The pilot promptly left, leaving Vixen to wonder how well her three subordinates could balance love and profession while she called the mess. Maybe being stuck on a boat starved of tail for months on end was the better options in the end...

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:06 am

March 29, 2025 (Local Time: 0940)
    VF-138 Det. Tiger Spaces
    Tiger NAFB

The entire space looked like chaos to the uniformed, especially with current unintelligible rock music blasting, but everyone knew what they were doing. The art of planning war was nothing new to any of them, though they each had their specialty. Eric was the Weapons Department Junior Officer (JO), a title which explained itself. He helped to make sure VF-138 had every bomb, bullet, and missile it needed to use the F-21 to the best of its abilities. When people pointed out a target, it was his job to help his department head, "Wall" Newick, recommend the ordnance and then make sure it was in ready condition. His morning had been spent talking with Ryu and Mark, helping the former get loadouts for each sortie and helping the later annotate their charts to make sure they weren't trying to destroy bunkers with cluster bombs.

"What kind of target is it? Hardened? Soft?" Eric asked as he looked at the laminated chart Mark had been putting symbols on all morning. Mark looked at the red circle around the air defense command complex at Sisaero and went to grab a folder from the stack on his desk.

"It's hardened." He called as he walked back over to his friend. Eric sat down at his desk nearby and went through the weapons database, referencing ordnance for hardened targets.

"Okay you can have GBU-24s or JDAMs with penetrators." He called. Mark noted that next to the target. One of his department's assistants, Airman Duncan, manuvered with him to get the massive chart of Verusea and Tara.

"Tex, you have the recon photos of Askgapol Air Base over there?" Vixen called as she talked with representatives from the Osean Air Force's 19th and 7th Air Expeditionary Wings and one from Marine Air Group 6.

Mark sat down at his desk and skillfully went through the names on the manilla folders before plucking one out and leaning towards her desk. She accepted it and opened the item, setting the top photo of the stack before her and the other officers.

"Okay, so this is what I'm talking about; note those two IL-76s near that weird looking hangar? And the fact that they're are only two? I'm thinking that's where this weapon the UN types keep talking about is." She said, pointing her finger at the aforementioned planes. She looked over at the chart again.

"Duncan, would you be so kind as to point out Askgapol AB for our visitors?" She asked. The man let out a quick "yes ma'am!" and raised a finger to one of the red circles with "J-11, J-10" next to it.

"It's just beyond what we know to be the "Northern Air Command Zone", in Verusean terms, but a trip north is easy for a long-range transport like the 76." She resoned. The 7th AEW's representative nodded and set down a binder with the list of units he had at his disposal.

"I would recommend we smash the place quickly. We have eight Bones at Sand Island that could do it. Long trip but those guys are used to it. Otherwise I'd recommend having one of your guys' cruisers or something rain Tomahawks on it." The F-15SE pilot said.

"Couldn't you just have some F-22s or F-35s go in all stealthy and destroy the place?" the Marine rep, an F/A-18E pilot, countered. The OAF pilots shook their heads.

"To be stealthy they need to have small loads, besides the F-22s are needed for OCA and DCA." 19th AEW's rep pointed out. Vixen nodded in agreement with her, for a second glad all three services had the F-35 so they'd all have a rough idea of it.

"So should Ah assign Askgapol to the B-1s, then?" Mark asked from across the room. Vixen looked at the reps, who all nodded. Mark wrote "B-1s, 7th AEW" next to the circle. Eric went back to his side.

"If we want, we can have Silent Eagles hit some of these command centers; they can carry GBU-28s." He said. 7th AEW's Rep nodded and Mark beckoned him over to help.

"Rosenthal also should have something that can carry bunker busters, guys." Ryu spoke up as he worked on the flight schedule. 

The man scanned the spreadsheet for the umpteenth time to make sure he wasn't overworking the four pilots in the detachment. He was also knee-deep in an email conversation with Lieutenant Commander Eduardo Cerrio, Mark's boss in Ops, to see if they could have more of their own squadron on call to help make for bigger flights and less stress on everyone. He turned around and looked at Vixen.

"Ma'am are we gonna talk to 8th TFS about this? At this rate I'm gonna need more jets to keep us from falling asleep at the wheel." He said. She nodded in agreement as the Marine pilot and 19th AEW's rep (who flew F-35s) went to Eric to talk about weapons employment.

"Yeah, about time we did some coordination." She agreed. Vixen picked up the phone and looked over at Ryu.

"Jukebox, put our current stuff on a flashdrive and take it with you to make sure we're all on the same page." She said. 

The woman then punched the number for Rosenthal's spaces and waited for someone to pick up. In the meantime Ryu worked as fast as he could to download the info he'd need to bring with him. By the time he was done he'd simply taken his laptop, a few folders, and put them all in his computer's case before grabbing his service cap and hurrying out the door, letting the noise blast into the open briefly. Meanwhile the others kept annotating and planning away.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Rosenthal 8th TFS Planning Spaces
    Tiger NAFB
    March 29 2025 
    1005 Local

Ryu knocked on the door and opened his laptop case one more time to make sure he had all he needed. He cleared his throat and looked at the door in anticipation.  After a moment, the door opened, revealing the eyeglass-clad face of Mark Richards, Rosenthal’s intel officer and allowing the punchy accordion tones of Alestorm to filter out into the hallway.  “Who ar- oh, you must be one of the squids.  How can we help you?”

Ryu held up his case “I’m here to help plan a war; My XO called a few minutes ago I believe. Said we should be coordinated if this thing goes hot and requested one of your people to join them.”

“Ah, yes she did. Boss!”

Sharky looked up from the satellite map he had been looking at.  “Whaddya want Tweedle-Dee?  Oh, ‘sup, rook.”

Ryu nodded and held up a three-fingered victory sign with a small smile.

“Navy wants somebody to help plan this war.”

“Gotcha. Shams?”

Shamu said, “Yeah, I’ll head over.  Once I know what the hell page we’re on.”

“I have a feeling our young rocker is about to enlighten us.”

Ryu walked to an empty desk and set his hat aside before pulling out his laptop.

“I’ve got everything we have so far on this. Besides us, we have the rest of CVW-9, the 19th and 7th Wings from the OAF and the OMC’s MAG Six. Miss Notlovich said she’d also be passing along whatever the Yukes are gonna do...pending Nikanor doesn’t get whiny of planning contingencies.” He explained as the machine came to life and he logged on.

Ryu turned towards the rest of the room and motioned at the folder he’d opened.

Sharky nodded.  “Just stick the big picture on the screen, lemme see what we’re working with.”

“Okay, one minute…” Ryu said. He grabbed the right cable from the edge of the desk and selected the  map Airman Duncan had created to mirror the one Mark was building.

“Note that this isn’t complete; Tex is annotating more stuff as we speak. His assistant’ll send me updates as they come.” The young pilot added. 

The chart appeared on the screen for all to see. About two-dozen or more airfields, encampments, air defense sites, and various high-value buildings like command centers and government TV stations were circled in red with weapons and aircraft recommendations next to them. The airfields and AAA had what type they were as well, and quick sketches of division symbols were placed where the Verusean army was putting its forces near the border.

“I think this should give you a bare-bones idea we can build on.” Ryu nodded.

“Indeed.”  Sharky clicked a few keys on the laptop, and another set of circles popped up on the screen, some overlapping with the red ones already on the screen. Ryu moved his arrow over Askgapol AB.

“The guy from 7th AEW said we should hit this place with B-1s. We believe it’s where they keep that big, fancy super-secret weapon that makes the UN guys all giddy.” He added.  

Sharky pursed his lips.  “Hmm.  We thought that too.”

“We’ll want to get eyes on to be sure,” Shamu said.

“CVW-9 has four TARPS-II birds. One of em is Vixen’s jet.” Ryu offered.

“We’ve got photorecon using our targeting pods.  But I had something a bit more up close and personal in mind.”

“SEALs?”

“That sounds like my cue,” the bearded sunglass-clad man who had been sitting in the corner said.

“That it is, Nomad.  Whaddya got for us?”  

Ryu examined the joint map while they talked.

“How many jets can you guys spare per sortie? I gotta make the flight schedule, too.” He asked.

“At the moment we’ve got 2, another pair coming in in a few days,” Shamu said.

“Good, that’s at least eight jets for us to work with. How possible would it be to have us flying mixed formations?” Ryu went on as he opened the schedule on the laptop’s screen.

“Very possible.  We are nothing if not flexible,” Sharky said. Ryu nodded.

“Want a copy of the spreadsheet?” He offered.

“Please and thank you.”

Ryu immediately had a copy of VF-138’s flight schedule sent to Sharky.

Meanwhile Nomad was examining the map.  “Hmm…  This is pretty close to Vamp’s patrol area.  Shouldn’t be too hard to get them in there.”

“Great news.  Stick a pin in it.”

“Already done.”

Ryu went through his notes, looking for anything else that might be of use. He looked at the email conversation with Fast Eddie as it kept marching on.

“As a note, the rest of VF-138 is also available to work closely with us.” He spoke up as he went to the weapons available to the F-21. He saw an email from Eric asking him to inquire about the Air Defense Centers.

“Saber recommended we also make sure you guys know the Verusean Air Defense Centers up in the border region are hardened targets...made to look soft from what the satellite photos I have show me.

Sharky smirked.  “Oh we know ALL about those.  If you don’t mind we’d like to take point on those.  Nailing ADN nodes is kind of our thing, ya see.”

Shamu rolled his eyes. “Meaning Sharky just wants an excuse to punch a JDAM through some concrete.”

“Damn right I do.”

“Good.” Ryu smiled. He pulled up the F-21’s stores list.

“Anything that’s not listed means we don’t have the training to employ it. I believe Tex mentioned the F-35s always get the JSOWs.” He commented.

Sharky said conspiratorially, “You knooooow, we DO happen to know something about training…  I can get you velly good price.  Help you fill out ze gaps.”

Ryu chortled at that.
    “Maybe when we’re not two steps from war.” He said with a look on his face. The pilot looked around the room.

“Is there anything on my end I missed? I know you’ll probably wanna get moving, Shamu.” Ryu asked.

Shamu looked over the map one more time. “I think I have enough to get me started.  I’m off.  Bye honey.”

“Don’t stay out too late, dear.  Make good choices!” Sharky said with a grin.

“Pfffffft you don’t know me at all, do you?” Shamu laughed as he grabbed a flash drive and headed out the door.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 am

April 2, 2025 (Local Time: 2302)
    Eric's Quarters
    Tiger NAFB

"Hey Saki...Do you ever disapprove of my job?"

Misaki raised her head and looked at Eric, who was staring up at the ceiling of his room. She thought on the question for a second before nodding.

"Yes, yes I do sometimes. When you're gone...or like right now." She said.

Eric looked down at her and curled an arm around his girlfriend. She glanced up at him, then looked at the ceiling.

"I don't like to be as vocal about it as Ekaterina is with Mark, but I know how she feels. We're stuck in this odd place of wanting our men to feel happy but demanding they consider us...which is in essence a normal relationship."

"True...but I mean, it's not like I enjoy being out on cruise more than I do with you, Saki."

"I know Love, I know."

"But...yeah I guess now that an actual war might start I'm rethinking things."

Misaki scooted up so they were able to bring their lips together. He clutched her tightly and stroke a hand through her hair several time. When she was done, she kept him close.

"Are you scared about me being here?" She asked.

"A little...yeah. I don't wanna sound like an asshole but you're a major part of my life, Misaki." Eric admitted sheepishly. She retained that calm, elegant demeanor she was known for.

"I know you're concerned...but I also know that you know I can take care of myself." She said. He nodded. Misaki kissed his forehead.

"Maybe I'll become a pilot like Mao and we can be together always." She offered with a wishful smile. That got Eric to laugh.

"But I prefer my Sensei." He winked. Misaki blushed but kept smiling.

"And I prefer my cocky samurai warrior." She whsipered. He gave her an appropriately smirk.

As he moved in to kiss her again, a loud sound  rising from outside. Misaki cocked a brow while Eric growled.

"I swear if this is a fucking drill..." He mumbled.

As Eric stood up and walked over to his locker, where he had a red turtleneck and flight suit standing by, heavy footfalls approached the door. Eric had his stuff halfway on when the owner of said feet pounded on the door.

"Saber, air raid! They're scrambling us!" Mark yelled from behind the object. Eric growled.

"Eh fuck, so much for peace." He commented. The blonde hurried over to the bed and sat down to don his flight boots. He looked back at Misaki, who was covering herslf up at the sound of Mark's voice.

"You know the drill, right? Stay safe." He said as he pulled on the shoes. She nodded and gave him one last kiss before he left.

"I love you, Eric." She whispered in her native tongue.

"And I love you." He replied in the same language.

With that Eric grabbed his final things and hurried out to meet Mark, who was already heading down the hall. They went down the stairs and out the door, stopping along the way to hastily collect their flight gear from a small, garage-like shack that the detachment had set up to hold such stuff near the planes. From there they went sprint, despite so much gear, to their jets. Vixen's and Ryu's having been on alert, were already being readied.

Okay, time to show em how a carrier gets protected Eric thought.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:18 pm

April 2, 2025 (Local Time: 2303)
    Sharky's Quarters
    Tiger NAFB

As Sharky gently stroked Irina's hair, the tiny redhead sitting cross-legged in his lap staring intently at her laptop, he was disturbed by a loud wailing sound from outside.  "Damnit.  And it was such a nice evening.  Monkey."

"Huh?  Wha?"  Irina looked up and around, pulled out of her stupor.  

"Scootch.  Gotta move."

"Right!"  Irina lifted her laptop, scrambling off Sharky's lap.  "You're going?"

"Yep," Sharky said, looking at his phone to confirm.  "Veruseans are being stupid.  I'll be back."

"Be safe!"  

"Always."  Sharky hugged the redhead, pecking her on the lips and giving her the traditional butt-squeeze since Gale wasn't present to accept it.  Zipping up his flight suit, he loped out of the room, pausing to hammer on Shamu's door.  "Shams!"

The door opened just as Sharky was about to hit it once more.  "Let's roll."

"Bomber raid."

"I know.  Lead on.  Dash two's already mobile."

"Check."

Sharky and Shamu broke into a sprint.  They hopped on a convenient jeep, careening across the base to the Rosenthal hangars, where they had stashed their gear for the time being.  Pulling on their G-suits and survival vests, the clambered up the ladder into Leviathan.  Sharky started the engine-start sequence before his butt even hit the seat, hitting switches on the way down.  Victor apprised them of the state of the jets as he strapped them in.  They'd had time to load a full air superiority load, 2 AIM-9Xs and a whopping 8 AIM-154Cs.  Levy and Hollywood had no shortage of claws, and as the roar of dual F110s filled the hangar, it was clear that the sea monster was hungry.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-