A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Flight Line

Lemniscus 2

Re: Flight Line

Post by Lemniscus 2 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Alex watched Ryoko's Gripen touch down as he did another circle around the base before making his approach. He knew he was going to be in trouble with Mia when he finally reached the hanger, but there was little he could do about that. It was after he brought his plane down that his thoughts returned to the mission. With tensions rising it was only a matter of days, maybe less, before the world would be brought back to war. After so much pain and suffering brought upon the people, only more pain awaited.

Father? Why is there evil?

Because that is the nature of man.

What do you mean?

It is in Humanity's nature to decide their own paths, and some people decide to do terrible things. It is up to us, the people willing to stand up and do what's right, to stop others from being harmed.

Us?

Of course! You're a Lazenreiter! You are a born fighter!

What if people don't trust me because I'm Belkan?

It doesn't matter where you come from. What matters is what you do... and with that, there is something I must do...

Alex shook himself out of his daydream as the tower ordered him to taxi into the designated hangar. He leaned back and tore the mask from his face, muttering to himself, "Welp, time to face the music." As Alex's Ginover rolled to a halt, he could already see the expressions of his squadmates as they saw the condition of his craft. He inhaled sharply at Mia's expression, one that signaled he should invest in a hearing aid later.

The cockpit dome lifted above him as he climbed up and out. When both feet were on the ground, Alex mustered an apprehensive smile for his teammates, "So, you can tell I had fun. What about you guys?"

'This is gonna' suck.'
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 pm

"I would be more than glad to hear you play! Have anything you'd like to play for me?" Angelique queried as she tightened the hug around Ryu. Her cheeks becoming redder by the second.

"Guys...it is kinda cute." Fara conceded, still looking with a protective look in her eye.

"Just admit it already you think its saccharine sweet." Zack chuckled.

Fara simply rolled her eyes at Ferret as Rein walked over and kissed Zack and Mao on the cheeks. The three still standing near Zack's aircraft while the celebrations slowly began to die down.

"I'll get your mark painted up once we get her in the barn." Fara said.

"Take your time."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 am

"Well there's about a dozen different songs I'd like to play for you, Angel...I mean we've got the stuff we both like and then we've got things from my old band." Ryu chuckled lightly. His blush seemed to be matching hers.

"I'd just like to clean up and get myself free of paperwork. Vixen'll have my head if I skip out on my job." He added.

She was making him feel less and less like his confident self, but he couldn't find a reason to complain. From afar Scarlett looked back as the ground crew was deep in post-sortie work on "Vulgar Display of Power" and smiled.

"Good to see someone's got yah wrangled in, sir." She chuckled.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:17 am

March 29, 2025 (Local Time: 0625)
    "The Ramp" (Tarmac)
    Tiger NAFB

Six pairs of running shoes thumped rhythmically against the rain-washed pavement, mixing with the various patterns of breathing as the group did it's morning PT (Physical Training). The group looked jumbled, but in reality there was a method to the madness. Ryu Itogara led the pack with Vixen next to him, while Eric stayed in back to help anyone who might start to fall behind, whatever the reason. In the center were the three who weren't the best runners, but were damn sure going to try and keep the pace. Mark, being more suited to lift weights, was stubbornly keeping himself restrained to stave off his weakness in running fast over a long distance. Misaki was doing something similar and adding her skills from swimming in highschool to help. Kat, who preferred swimming and yoga, was constantly (and quietly) damning her figure as it hindered her ability to run just enough to annoy her.

No one said anything or called any cadences; it was just run and get your PT done. In Eric's opinion: cadences are for my brother's bunch and the Army, anyways. Said pilot switched his glances between watching an errant aircraft pass by and the others. Misaki glanced back at him; He smiled and mouthed "nice view". She rolled her eyes as she looked forward again.

"Having fun...Mark?" Eric asked between breaths.

"Nope." His friend deadpanned. Eric was tempted to comment that it was because of Ekaterina's PT attire, which consisted of a pair of running pants and a pink tank top (compared to the varied shorts and VF-138 t-shirts they all wore). Too much to say while running, though.

"Just pretend...it's like...the snowstorm last Christmas!" Eric tried. That got a few snickers from Misaki and Vixen. Mark started chuckling.

"Ah need snow." He pointed out. He looked at Kat while she frowned at his insistence he could brave the cold in summer clothes.

"Okaaaay, let's charge for the last sprint! Girls, you can join if you want!" Vixen declared as the group passed the last hangar on the ramp. Her proposition was met with smiles.

"Ronin?!" She called.

"JUDGEMENT BY THE SWORD!"

The four pilots, their ground-based companions in tow, ran as fast as they could to the edge of the pavement. They all skidded to a stop and let out breathes as they tried to readjust their breathing to normal. Mark lowered himself onto the pavement and held up his arms.

"On this day...Mark J...Walker...proved he can RUN!" He called.

"Markyyyy, carry me..." Kat asked theatrically, stumbling over to him. Mark sat up and smiled.

"After someone carries me." He laughed.

"Oh come you two, it isn't that bad." Eric insisted, passing a bottle of water back to Misaki.

"I have to admit I'm a little winded." Misaki breathed out. She wiped some of the sweat from her forehead.

"This place is more humid than Shizukana." She commented, examining the perspiration that'd gotten on to her forearm.

"I kinda like it, to be honest; reminds me of home." Ryu said. He turned around and stretched.

"The humidity feels great, makes me wanna hit up the beach and wash it off!" He added.

"You can do that later, Jukebox." Vixen stated as she stood up.

"Okay everyone, that's it for today. Get cleared up, change, and eat. Our briefing is at 1300 today." She added, looking at the pilots. They all nodded and let out a "Yes ma'am" each. The group hurried off to get to the workday.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:13 pm

March 29, 2025 (Local Time: 1323)
    VF-138 Revetments
    Tiger NAFB

Eric wiped some sweat from his forehead while he checked one of his Sidewinders. The weather, the humidity really, was enough to make him almost not want to fight this war. Maybe they could all call a time-out and move it to someplace with some dry heat. Mark would insist they go to the Arctic and Eric would point out that Aslan was nice and dry. He was fairly certain the Aslanis wouldn't be too happy, though. The pilot left the Sidewinder behind and walked around to keep inspecting his plane.

Vixen took a second to look around as she climbed up into her jet. It felt very empty out here with just her unit and the Rosenthal detachment. The VVS had moved a lot of this little multinational wing around, and the empty space was filled by MiG-33s and MiG-25Rs. The Fulcrums would be pretty good to work with, seeing how the F-21 and MiG-33 had some notable similarities in their abilities. She'd make sure they'd either find a pilot who spoke Osean or that Mark stayed close at hand.

Takeoff that afternoon was normal for everyone. The closest exception was Ryu, who was feeling a bit miffed. The 32nd had been sent elsewhere, and with them went Angel. He'd barely gotten to know here and hadn't been able to play guitar for her before she was gone. Mark had said that was the case for single sailors a lot. You met a girl and when you started to like her, she was gone. Mark had seen it happen several times for others from shallow flings with hookers to relationships that might've gone somewhere. Ryu wasn't satisfied by that, though. For now, though, he had no choice. He took off with the others, stowing the thoughts for now.

VF-138 was the first to take off and quickly cleared the launch pattern. They turned almost completely East, towards the ciast, and settled into a cruising pace at around 22,000 feet.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:08 am

April 2, 2025 (Local Time: 2311)
    VF-138 Revetments
    Tiger NAFB

Vixen had heard the air raid siren as it began to wail. She looked over towards Ryu, who had his headphones in, and waved towards the younger pilot with her flashlight. After a minute he stood up straight and pulled the devices off, eyes widening at the sound of the siren.

"You know the drill, Jukebox!" Vixen yelled. He nodded rapidly.

"Yes Ma'am!" He barked.

Ryu went about storing his headphones and his MP3 player and putting on his helmet and oxygen mask. Scarlett hurried up the boarding steps and made sure Ryu was in and his ejection seat ready.She tapped his helmet and flashed a thumbs up to the pilot. Ryu returned it and turned back to his controls. The F-21 came to life, ready to wage war in the skies. Each jet had the standard load of Sidewinder, AMRAAM and 20mm.

Over to his left, Eric hurried around the front of his plane and up the boarding steps of his fighter. Ruiz was close behind to get him strapped in and make sure he was ready to go. Mark was also in and ready to fight. He lowered the canopy of his jet and waited for the engines to get to full power. He closed his eyes a second and whispered "Ah love y'all, Kat" before waiting for the others to start taxiing.

The jets moved alongside several MiG-33s scrambling to defend Tiger and the rest of Tara NAFB. The control tower was launching the fighters as fast as it could, sending them towards sectors of sky where reinforcements were needed. The sky beyond could only be described as chaos.

Weapon Loadouts:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:54 am