A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

ACNT Air Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Floodgate)

Ronin201

ACNT Air Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Floodgate)

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:22 am

Mission One: Lineman (Completed, UN Victory)
    November 18, 2045
    Stahl Islands, Southern Nordlands

Primary Objective: Defend the island against the incoming air raid.
    UPDATE: 16th Mechanized has taken medium damage.
    UPDATE: Enemy strike force is bugging out.
    UPDATE: Enemy CAP and AEW/EW are bugging out.
    UPDATE: Friendly reinforcements inbound; 16th Mechanized successfully defended.

Enemy Forces:
    x5 CFA-44C Nosferatu (All aircraft are bugging out)
    x11 Su-43BM Strike Berkut (All aircraft are bugging out)
    x1 E-787 Flight II (Bugging out)
    x2 EA-200 Flight III (Bugging out)

Last edited by Ronin201 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:15 pm; edited 8 times in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Re: ACNT Air Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Floodgate)

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 am

OFS Icarus (CVN-62)
    November 18, 2045 (Local Time: 0520)
    Northeast Spring Sea, 250 miles from Stahl Island

Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Jedidiah "Bronco" Walker listened to the intel officer of VF-34, "Honcho" Tanner, finished the briefing by filling them in on the kinds of pilots that had filtered into the Erusean Imperial Air Force from General Resource and Neucom. There was no serious majority; a good deal of pilots from Osea, Belka, Ustio, Sapin, Yuktobania, Songola, South Africa, and Auerlia had gone over to the EIAF. They'd taken the tactics they'd learned in their services, first mashed them together in the two companies, and then given them to Erusea which resulted in a cohesive doctrine complied from over half a dozen air arms.

"Fuckin mercs..." Jed breathed out quietly.

Commander Taylor Miles, the pilot in charge of the Daredevils, stood up and took over, she turned around and looked over her pilots.

"Okay everyone, this is it. I've already taken my shot at the "One for the gipper" speech, and I'm not gonna remind you all of what you already know. Good luck, godspeed, and Non Timendum." She said.

Jed stood up when the room was called to attention and followed the others to the equipment lockers when dismissed. Jed didn't feel any fear, still. It was like when you got to the top of the first hill on a roller coaster; you accepted what was coming next and stopped worrying about it. You maybe made an inappropriate sign at the camera or something. It felt good; Jed wanted to be calm, he wanted to be level-headed Anything to help him concentrate. There was a 100% guarantee he would be shooting at something and something would shoot at him.

Jed started thinking about how to best apply what he'd been learning about the CFA-44 and F-02 over the past days as he put on his g-suit and his flight vest. His own Hellcat II would have a fair enough advantage, but he himself would also be a major factor. The pilot patted his "shoulder pads" that made him look like a pilot out of the old Macross Zero series and then pulled out his helmet and helmet bag. With the red-colored HGU-57 in its satchel, he moved on to get his oxygen mask and his sidearm.

Inside the next room, he found himself next to a shorter woman with black hair put into a bun. The flag on her left shoulder, the "Crown's Standard" of The Kingdom of Lenshire sat in place of the Osean flag. Royal Navy Lieutenant Anjali Chopra, Annie or "Tsun-Tsun", looked at her lead and nodded with a polite smile.

"Good morning, Leftenant Walker. If you have a moment, I wish to speak with you." She said in a manner matching her expression. He nodded slowly.

"May Ah ask what about, Lieutenant Chopra?" He replied.

"I want to ensure something I feel may be bothering you is cleared up. Don't want your performance and skills to be hindered, okay? You are my partner up there." She explained. Jed nodded slowly at her.

"Gotcha, Lieutenant. Mind if Ah get my sidearm first?" He said. She nodded.

"Of course, in fact I want you to be fully equipped before we talk."

Jed bit back a suspicious frown as he got his Jericho 941 and the three extra magazines he carried with it and secured them among his survival gear. The pilot moved out of the way of the others and adjusted his gear to make sure it all felt comfortable before he walked back into the ready room. Annie was waiting for him; she nodded towards the door and walked outside, with Jed in tow. A few others in VF-34 looked on curiously, but no one said anything in light of bigger problems.

"What can Ah do fer y'all, Lieutenant?" Jed asked as she stopped and turned to face him. Annie adjusted her own shoulder pads and looked at him, making eye contact.

"Bronco, I want to be sure what happened in Santa Marina won't negatively affect our professional relationship. Please understand that I panicked, and I'm trying to sort out my feelings regarding what happened. I want to talk about what happened, but we need to find time. World events have, unfortunately, stalled that. Do you understand?" She explained, talking softly.

"Ah don't see any reason for those events in Santa Marina to do so, Lieutenant." Jed replied evenly. The lack of her callsign when she'd used his felt like a small slap to the face. She bit back a flare of pride at him. Calm yourself, Anjali, remember he's an IDIOT and he's also a bit in turmoil...

"What happened quite simply happened. We were how we were and Ah'm not stranger to it panning out like that. Ah won't let it intervene in my duties, and Ah'm confident it won't do that to yers." Bronco added.

"Very well, very well, you're right and you're entitled to your take on it. I'm glad it won't do what I feared briefly." She allowed. We both know it wasn't just one night, Jed Walker. Don't lie to me I know when a man is interested beyond the influence of alcohol. Gah why do I even like you sometimes??

"Good luck, Lieutenant Chopra. Ah won't let y'all down."

Annie forced her smile back and nodded.

"Good luck...and Lieutenant?"

He tilted his head with a look that displayed his naive persona to a *T*.

"When I address you by your callsign, I expect them same, understood?" She made clear. 

Jed's eyes widened a little at the sound of her tone and he nodded quickly, hurrying out a "Yes ma'am" as well. She smiled smugly when he went back into the ready room; at least he could be taught.

The two joined up with the rest of their fourship: Lieutenant (junior Grade) Rick Willan and Lieutenant Nathan Gulesch. Streefighter and Prettyboy would be with them for a long time; after this hop they would be part of a four-ship detachment with support sent to Skalski Air Base in Wielvakia. Oddly enough, Jed would be the one out front despite being a pretty junior pilot. He knew why, the others had confidence in him, but it still felt weird.

"Okay guys, we won't be doing much different from the normal intercepts until the merge and we start having to react to them. Get your 152s off as soon as yah can, get rid of the weight. Try and trap whatever jets come our way, cut em off from the others and snuff em. Other than that its gonna be a lot of applying what we've trained on and what we've crammed into our noggins on the EIAF." Jed explained. He looked at Annie.

"Tsun-Tsun, Ah trust y'all know the F-24 well enough but Ah gotta say this cause y'all ain't had as many hours on it as us: don't get tricked into thinking its an F-16 at any point. Common sense but gotta say it for the record." He went on. She nodded.

"I appreciate your concerns, Bronco. I believe I've gotten past that stage." She assured, putting aside her pride for once. His concern was geniuene, this was the real thing.

"I think we may wanna be on the lookout for anything that has an Osean ring to it and exploit it as soon as we can." "Streetfighter" Willan said, toying with the baby-blue headband that had given him his namesake.

"Excellent thinking, Street. Do that." Jed agreed.

The rest of the little time they had was spent on revising and making sure everyone was sure on each other's tactics. The discussion was subdued when a red phone on the Duty Officer's desk went off. Everyone looked over at Lieutenant Commander LL Briggs as he picked it up. The squadron logistics officer had a short conversation with the person on the other end. He set down the phone and looked over at "Cyborg".

"They want you all topside, Skipper." He said.

With a quick order, the pilots followed their Amazon of a CO out the door and down a long corridor to the stairs that led to the flightdeck. Jed's gait became determined as he reached the cold November air and exited out onto the flight deck, heading up to the dark surface where the jets of CVW-8 sat. The pilot looked towards the area just forward of the island and spotted several familiar shapes. He took out his helmet and put it on, walking across the deck carefully with other pilots. Annie was right there with him.

"Don't die, Jed." She mumbled. He didn't hear her over the sounds on the deck.

The two pilots made the routine inspections of their jets that came before each flight, using flashlights to look over the "swing wings", big tails, and Tomcat-esque appearance of the F-24C Hellcat II. Jed personally had fallen in love with the jet; it was what he thought a fighter should be. Powerful, fast, and deadly in the air-to-air arena, specifically medium and short range. A smile flashed across his face as he climbed up to the cockpit and settled in.

"Bring er back, sir." A voice said as its owner came up to help him settle in. Jed looked at his Plane Captain, a heavy set man he knew as "Wolfy".

"Ah will, Wolfy. Steed'll be all nice n pretty when Ah land at Skalski." He nodded. The two exchanged a few more words, all of which was about as easy to understand as Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy talking to each other.

The ground crew cleared the fighter as Jed started the jet and secured his oxygen mask to his helmet. Before him screens and gauges lit up, and the two General Electric turbofans started spooling up. before his face, the Helmet-Mounted Display and Heads Up Display both came to life.

"Hello, please say credentials." a robotic voice inside the cockpit asked Jed.

"Walker, Jed. Lieutenant Junior Grade. 65-81-24." Jed replied. Their was a confirmatory beep.

"Welcome, Lieutenant Walker." the plane's AI suite replied.

"Morning AI, Ah need a systems check while everything's spooling up. Synch HMD and HUD, too." Jed asked.

"System check initiating, please wait...syncing HMD and HUD..."

When everything came back as okay, Jed looked a a sailor in a cranial protector, yellow "float coat" and camouflaged pants. He gave the sign he was all set to go after he checked to make sure his jet was clear to pull from its spot. The Plane Director held up a pair of glowing directional sticks and gave him the signal to release brakes. Jed was beckoned forward towards the bow catapults, where other F-24s were already being launched. He was guided to Cat Number One, on the right.

Jed guided his plane into place under the direction of another Plane Director, known as the Catapult Officer. When he was in place, she gave him the signal to stop and cleared the way, allowing the Cat's crew to connect the fighter's front landing gear to the device's shuttle. Behind him, the Jet Blast Deflector rose to contain the heat that was due to increase soon. Jed swept out the wings of his fighter and adjusted in his seat. His body tensed up in anticipation; it was almost time.

He looked over at the Cat Officer as the front of the jet depressed a little and the crew cleared the jet, which was now combat ready. She gave him the sign to move his control surfaces and; Jed moved the control stick between his legs all over and worked the rudders, moving the flaps, fins, rudders, and thrust-vectoring nozzles. Satisfied her latest launch was ready, the Cat Officer looked down the track to ensure his path was clear. Getting nothing but good signs, she relayed the news to Jed. With no reason to hesitate, Jed snapped a smart salute and looked forward. In about three seconds he felt a lurch and the F-24 screamed forward.

"Skull 210, good shot!" He called.

Annie gave her salute a minute or two after Jed's F-24 cleared the bow and was roaring away from the carrier. The timing was done so that as he was coming around, she would form on his wing.

"Skull 206, Good Shot!" She radioed.

The two formed into their pair quickly as the flight of eight F-24s gathered to head northeast to meet the Eruseans alongside other friendly jets.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Skalski AB

"Friendly forces are under attack at Stahl Island, all pilots report to your aircraft " Called the mechanical klaxon. 

Klaus Karhila placed his hand of cards face down and picked up his helmet. 

"Lahti, let's roll!" he shouted to his short WSO, who had set aside her book at the klaxon's call. Scrambling out the door of the ready room, the Karhila reached the F/A-64C sitting under the tent hangar. Clamoring up the side of the Phantom III, his crewchief helped him get strapped in. Sliding on his helmet, he connected his mask and lowered his visor. 

"Haukka 2, radio check." he said to his wingman.

"Haukka 2 is up!" came the reply.

Lahti meanwhile had set the radios after strapping onto the jet, and preformed a quick systems check. The jets were hot, ready to roll at a moments notice, so the crew chiefs pulled the safety pins off of the AIM-9Xs and AIM-120s in the weapons bays. Closing the bays, Karhila shut the canopy and advanced the throttles. Taxiing out of the hangar, Haukka rolled swiftly to the runway. The F/A-64s had immediate clearance to take off, and once on the active, the big fighters went full throttle and took to the skies. Raising the gear, Riley flipped on his radar, and said, 

"Haukka 1-1 is airborne."

"Copy that Haukka, stand by for vector" responded the GCI controller.  

It was going to be another long day...
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:53 pm

25 Fairpointe Cove

Oured, Osea

November 16, 2045

Gale Sarkar walked into the living room and promptly raised an eyebrow inquisitively.  “Mr. C?  What are you doing here?”

John Clark, Chief Operations Officer of Rosenthal Incorporated, sat in an easy chair across from Sarathi “Sharky” Sarkar, her husband, while Samya “Shamu” Suara, Sharky’s best friend and WSO, stood in the corner leaning against the wall.  “Afternoon, Gale.  Sorry to barge in like this.  I needed to talk to Sharky, and I was in the neighborhood, so it didn’t make sense to call him into the office.”

“Talk about what.”

Sharky spoke up. “Babe, I think you know.”

“Nordlands?”

Sharky nodded.

“I know we’re sending a det, I signed off on the paperwork, but…”

Sharky said with a sigh, “But I’m going.”

Gale’s eyes widened.  “Wait what?”

“I’m going.  With Shams.  We’re leading the det.”

Gale goggled at her husband.  “I’m sorry, my hearing must be going.  Because it sounds like you just said ‘I’m leading the det.’”

“You’re not hearing things.”

Gale said with a theatrical sense of relief, “Oh.  Good.  I was worried for a second.  In that case…”

Shamu said under his breath, “Here we go…”

“What the HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?”

Sharky said soothingly, “Babe…”  as he walked towards her.

Gale jabbed a finger at Sharky’s chest.  “DON’T YOU ‘BABE’ ME.”

“Fine.  Gale, listen.”

“NO.”  Glaring daggers at Sharky, Gale hissed, “I refuse to listen.  You said you weren’t leaving again.  We BOTH said we weren’t leaving again.  So why the HELL is this so fucking important that you throw all that out the FUCKING window?”

Mr. Clark said placatingly, “Gale, it’s not the optimal thing.  But Tango and Snoopy got in a car accident and they’re not cleared for duty.  Sharky and Shamu are in reserve, so they’re on deck.”

“All due respect, Mr. C, but that is BULLSHIT.  We’re one of the largest fucking contractors on the goddamned planet and we can’t scrounge up ONE other crew to lead a detachment?”

The elderly former-SEAL raised his mouth to answer, but Sharky waved him off.  “Mr. C, I got this.  Gale.  That’s the OFFICIAL reason.  It’s why Mr. C’s in our living room.  It’s not why I said yes.”

Gale crossed her arms, her expression demanding an explanation.

“Did you see who else is being committed?  Not from Rosenthal.  From elsewhere.”

Gale thought for a minute before replying, “The 107th, the Icarus CSG, and an ANG unit.”

“Right.  And who do we know in the 107th and on the Icarus?”

Gale sighed, “Nomes and Jed.”

“Exactly.  And it’s their first brewup.  Somebody’s got to look after them.”

“They HAVE people to look after them.  Their flight leads, their squad leads!”

“You know what I mean.”

“No, I DON’T fucking know what you mean.  We fucking PROMISED each other we wouldn’t deploy again.  And now here you go putting a fucking JDAM through all of it.  They already HAVE people whose express job is to make sure they get through alive.  Why the fuck do YOU need to go?"

Sharky sighed and ran a hand through his buzz cut. “You want the honest answer?”

“No, no, I want my husband to lie to me about why he’s going back to war to babysit.  YES I WANT THE FUCKING HONEST ANSWER,” Gale spat.

“Honest answer?  Because I CAN go. Mao, Zack, Mark, they can’t.  I at least still have a foot in the door.  And I would like to think I have the knowledge to make sure they get home safe.  More so than some Canoe U grad who’s phoning it in trying to get to his or her next pay grade.”  Sharky reached out and squeezed Gale’s shoulders.  “Imagine if the roles were switched.  If it was, say Kayla who was deploying, and there was the potential that Mark could be in theater to keep an eye on her.  Would you not want to take that opportunity?”

Gale glared at Sharky.  “Do NOT bring our daughter into this.”

“No, I absolutely WILL.  You’ve seen the package.  So have I.  Shamu and I have more combat hours than half the people deploying with that godforsaken task force.  PLUS we have a family connection with Jed and Naomi, who are BOTH rookies, and are thus going to be in serious need of guidance.    That family connection means that something I or Shamu say might stick where something some other pilot says doesn’t.  Which then means that piece of advice may mean the difference between them coming home alive and coming home in a box.  And I KNOW that Kayla would prefer the first option, especially in Naomi’s case.”

“So you’re trying to guilt me into this, is that it?”

Sharky frowned.  “No, I’m not.  I am explaining the reasoning behind my decision to accompany this MNFW detachment to Task Force Polaris.  Does it seem like the reasons are subjective and based on personal feelings?  Absolutely.  Because short of Shams and my experience, there is no objective reason why we had to go.  However there is still a duty we have, not to the company or the UN, to our friends and family.”

Gale said weakly, “But you promised…”

“I know, angel.  But you know there are no guarantees.  We discussed that when I put my name on the reserve list.”

Gale simply nodded, unable to muster words to express the rage and grief and fear she was feeling.  Realizing that his work there was done, John Clark stood up and said awkwardly, “Er.  I’m gonna leave you all to work this out.  Sharky, I’ll see you at Glendale.”

“Roger that, sir.”

“And Gale, I’m sorry.  It was the best option we had on short notice.”

Gale shook her head, balling her hands into fists to keep from snapping at her boss and saying something she regretted. “Mr. Clark, just…  Just go, sir.”

With a sigh, Clark exited.  Shamu said, “I’ll be in the kitchen.”

Sharky nodded.  “Alright.”

Alone, Gale said, “Sharky I still don’t get it.”

“Get what?”

“Why you’re suddenly throwing this promise we made away, running off to fight a war, just so you can babysit Nomes and Jed.  It’s not your fight, and you know it.  You did your time.  You fought your battles.  You don’t have to do this anymore!  Don’t give me the ‘duty to family’ excuse.  You’ve always had at least passing confidence in their COs, so it’s out of place now.  Why do you have to betray me like this?”

Sharky’s face fell at the mention of the “b” word.  “Gale…”

“That’s exactly what you’re fucking doing.  Just like all those fucking bastards I dated in college.  You remember them, right?”

“Yes.  Yes I do.”

“Then WHY! THE! FUCK! ARE! YOU! LEAVING!?”  Every word was punctuated by a slap to Sharky’s shoulder.  

Sharky let Gale finish before he grabbed her hands, keeping her from unleashing any more blows.  “You want to know why?  Because I was losing my mind.  I AM losing my mind.  All I fucking do is meetings and meetings and meetings.  With senators, with project teams, with crews, that’s IT.  ALL I fucking do is talk anymore.  And you KNOW how I hate meeting with those god DAMN sleazeballs on the Hill.  I’m going nuts, Gale.  I need to fly, I need to blow some shit up.  I need to get into the IMPORTANT suit, not the bullshit silk.”

“The satellite thing…”

“It was certainly a wakeup call,” Sharky said, referring to one day when he had, in a fit of rage, attempted to scrap a decommissioned satellite launcher with a sledge hammer and his bare hands after a rough meeting with the Senate Armed Forces Committee.

“But you still get up, you hit the range plenty.  All those test hops.”

“It just doesn’t do it anymore, babe.  I’m starting to feel like an outsider in my own base.  It’s driving me nuts.”

“Why didn’t you TELL me?  Why didn’t you lead with that?”

Sharky let out a bitter laugh.  “Yeah, I want to leave you and Irina and Kayla and everyone here behind and go off to war because I’m BORED.  I’m just THAT fucking selfish.  Are you fucking nuts?”

“You fucking dope, that would have at least made more sense than some bullshit case about your ‘duty to the family!’”  

“At least that doesn’t make me look like a completely selfish shitwad!”

“AAAARGH.  GODDAMNIT YOU ASS YOU KNOW I CARE ABOUT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.  I WOULD HAVE AT LEAST UNDERSTOOD!  FUCK!!!”

Sharky sighed, “I know.”

“DO YOU?  BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T DO SHIT ABOUT IT!”

“Gale, I’m sorry.”

“And now you’re fucking leaving me fucking AGAIN, and there’s not a single fucking thing I can do about it!”

“You think I like having to do this?  I wish there was a better way, but I can’t fucking see one.  This shit’s in my blood, Gale.  I can’t fucking help it.”

“And it’s bullshit.  All of it.”

“Yes.  Yes it is.  But I have to do it.”

“Well no shit, you already put your name down.”

“Yeah.”

Gale took a deep breath.  “When do you leave?”

“We fly out tomorrow morning.  4 birds, CSAR element, support aircraft.”

“Okay.  I’m not saying goodbye.”

Sharky raised an eyebrow.  “What?”

“Let me finish.  I’m not saying goodbye.  I can’t do it.  Not again.  I thought I wouldn’t have to, and suddenly it’s back.  Like a sick fucking joke.”

“Gale…”

“So no, I’m not saying goodbye to you, you bastard.”  Poking her finger into Sharky’s chest, Gale continued, “And you’re going to FUCK me into oblivion tonight so I don’t have to be awake when you leave.  You at least owe me that much.”

Sharky sighed, “I do.  Alright.”

“Good.”

2 Days Later

November 18, 2045

Skalski Air Base

Local Time: 0525

Sharky walked into the room he and Shamu were sharing.  Tossing a paperback at his sleeping WSO, he said, “Wake up, fatass.”

Shamu jerked awake, biting back a retort.  Seeing Sharky dressed up in his flight suit, he asked, “So what’s the word?”

“Defensive counter air.  Bombers inbound to the north, we’re gonna make sure they don’t get anywhere.”

“Got it.”

“Rest of the details are in the tablet.  Let’s get going.”

Shamu quickly got dressed and followed his pilot to the ready room, where Chris Riley and Charlotte Redford were sitting at a table playing Harpoon while the rest of the Basilisk pilots sat around and watched, read books, or occupied themselves otherwise.  Rapping on the blackboard, Sharky said tersely, “On your feet, ladies and gents.  DCA sortie up north.  Details are in your tablets, birds are being loaded as we speak.  Let’s get to work.”  Without waiting another second, Sharky spun on his heel and headed off to get the rest of his gear.

A few minutes later he walked out onto the flight line, followed by Shamu and the crew of Basilisk 2.  Walking over to the shelter containing his FB-22, nicknamed “Night Witch,” he asked the crew chief, Johnny Sako, “She ready?”

“Yes sir.  Loaded and good to go.”

“Excellent.”  Sharky crawled under the aircraft, ensuring the load of 18 AIM-154D Anacondas and 2 AIM-9X Sidewinders had been loaded properly, going through a quick pre-flight before climbing up the boarding ladder into the cockpit followed by Shamu.  Sharky closed the canopy and started the engines, following Johnny’s directions out of the hangar.  

As the whine of the twin F135s penetrated the cockpit, Sharky and Shamu heard a cool disembodied female voice in their earphones.  “Good morning, gentlemen.  It is 0520 hours local time, the temperature outside is a breezy 38 degrees Fahrenheit, and the forecast is Erusian strike aircraft over Stahl Island later in the day.”

“Good morning, Cortana, “ Sharky said to the FB-22’s companion AI, which he had named after the character from the Halo series of his youth.  “Get us clearances.”

“Already done, mister big boss man.  As with the rest of the flight.”

“Excellent.  Serpent 1 flight, check in.”

“Two’s up,” Steven “Shady” Shin, Serpent 2’s WSO, called.

Esteban “Speedy” Gonzalez, Serpent 4’s WSO, sang out, “Four’s up and freezing its balls off, boss.”

“Very funny, Speedy.  Three, check in.”

After receiving Serpent 3’s check in, Night Witch led the way to the runway, taxiing past the motley assortment of aircraft populating the former MiG-25 base.  As they turned onto the runway, the pair of FB-22s followed by the smaller F-02s, Sharky radioed, “Skalski tower, Serpent flight of 4 ready for takeoff.”

A Wielvakian accented voice called, “Copy that, Serpent..  Winds 010 at 5.  Runway is clear.  You are cleared for takeoff.”

Sharky advanced the throttles, the whine of the engines growing to a roar as they spooled up to full military power.  Sharky toed the brakes, and the big strike jet began rolling down the runway, followed by Serpent 2.  Once they reached 180 knots, Sharky pulled gently back on the stick, and the FB-22 leapt off the runway.  As the altitude ticker in his HMD steadily increased, Sharky raised the landing gear.  Cleaned up, the jet promptly accelerated to 300 knots.  Sharky pulled the jet into a holding pattern over the airbase and said, “Cortana, put it on autopilot.”

“Got it.”

Noting the lack of jaunty heavy metal tunes over his headphones, Shamu asked, “Sharkman, no music?”

“Not in the mood right now.  Maybe later.”

Concerned, Shamu asked, “Bro, I know we talked about this, but are you sure you’re okay?”

“No.  I’m not.”

“Sharky…”  

“I’ll be fine, Shams. Let’s get this done.”

“Roger that.”

Last edited by shomu1 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:37 pm

A few minutes earlier, Skalski AB ready room

“Haha!” exclaimed Charlotte “Chart” Redford, removing the small SU-24 token from the game board. Chris Riley grunted with dissatisfaction as he watched another one of his precious squadrons go down the drain.

“And I thought you were supposed to be good at this game,” said Chart gesturing to the copy of Harpoon 4 that was laid out on the folding table. 

“I am, just taking it easy of a new player.” he responded, rolling a die.

“I think I’m just better than you and you are just in denial.” said Chart with a smirk.

“Don’t get cocky there Chart,” he said, revealing a small token. On it was an SS-N-27 anti-ship missile. “I hope you liked your carrier.”

“Dammit! I knew I should’ve targeted that.” she exclaimed, raising her voice slightly.

“I know how the Yukes think, throw a bunch of fodder at the problem to hide the real punch.” 

Suddenly, the game was interrupted Sharky calling them up. Riley jumped slightly, and listened to his boss. Scooping up his helmet, he told Chart, “Come on, time to earn our pay.”

Hustling through the cold, they found their F-02s waiting for them in the hardened shelters assigned to them. “The Crusader” sat inside, looking like a gigantic switchblade. The only color on the dark grey fighter was a red Crusader’s cross and its name. Chart climbed up the ladder and began her radio and system checks while Riley checked the six AIM-154s and two AIM-9Xs underneath the jet. Finishing his check, he also climbed aboard, sliding on his helmet, which sported a large Yuktobanian roundel and the name of his last squadron. 

Starting the engines, he closed the lid and heard the voice of his onboard AI, named Rose. 

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, we have clear skies, with a temperature of -16 degrees Celsius, winds out of the west.”

Flipping down his visor, Riley heard Sharky call for him to check in.

“Serpent 3 is up, ready to rock.”

Following the bigger FB-22s, Riley set his mind to the task ahead.

“Hey Raptor...”

“What is it Chart?” he replied.

“Does something seem wrong with Sharky?” she asked

“Yeah, I noticed, probably something to do with Gale.” he said, “Nothing we can do except make sure he doesn’t get reckless.”

“Roger that.”

Swinging onto the active, Chart giggled.

“What is it now?” Riley asked, glancing in his rear view mirror.

“I just realized, we’re killing Eruseans in and Eruesan built jet.” she said.

Grinning under his mask, Riley said, “Let’s make them regret selling these to us.”

Advancing the throttles, the Wyvern ripped down the runway.

Angvir

Post by Angvir on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:06 am

Skalski Air Base

"So what's the skinny?" The redhead asked as she watched her flight lead enter the locker room, having started her gear-up long before he had arrived. The flight suit was crisp, a brand new set for a new operation, the advanced helmet with integrated JHMCS and HUD laying on the bench. Her elbows rested on her knees, those mauve eyes staring at the briefing tablet intently before flicking up to meet his hazel orbs. Cerus pulled the screen up and flicked through it momentarily before handing it to Noel, frowning just a bit. Her mouth quirked, the older woman studying the information on the tablet intently before handing it back to him. "Lot of birds today. And I mean a lot. Not only that, but it's not an ordinary group of mercenaries. They're all trained, and they've all had time to familiarize themselves with that craft."

"Exactly."

"CFA-44s? Strike Berkuts?"

He nodded. "Yep."

Noel clicked her tongue before reaching over and starting to drum on the glass of her helmet, her head tilted slightly as she drank in the thought of the opposition. "Okay, so we can't outmaneuver them. Avionics packages are...what, better than ours?"

Another nod. "Mhm. It was the premiere fighter for Estovakia, after all. Emmeria's combat records indicate that it's a pretty lethal combatant, especially at close range, but still suffers from stability issues. These, however, aren't equipped with any of the signature weapons I believe. So far as I can tell and from what they've given me, it's standard fighter loadout." 

"That's a bit of good news, but the only bit of good news. Balls," She muttered, causing him to snicker and earning him a quick punch in the leg. Smirking at him momentarily, Noel sighed before going back to the debate on tactics. "We will have coverage, of course, with the rest of the squadrons flying with us. The problem is we just can't crush them with numbers. They've got that advantage down pat. Any suggestions?"

"I got one that will work as a starter. The bays are too small for the AIM-152s, and because the radar footprint is less for the Talons, we may not have a detection advantage, but we have a lock-on advantage. This new missile, the AIM-154, is the same size as a 120 and can be refit with no modifications. Stick four of these in the bays, two Sidewinders outboard, and we've got a long range strike maneuver that can at least get them dancing. Sound good?" Cerus answered, the frown reverting to a smile as he started to watch the wheels turn in her head. Her pensive face slowly morphed into a devilish grin, and she nodded a little, standing up.

Clapping her flight leader on the shoulder, Noel's eyes flashed, the redhead looking down at the blond expectantly. "We'll play it by ear from there. But right now, get your ass in your suit! We're late."

- - - - - - - - - 

The F/A-38 Talons sat near the flight line, the air brisk and cold to the pair as they walked towards their crafts. Maintenance personnel were busy doing final checks on the newly loaded AIM-154 Anacondas that were being raised into the open weapons bays, a hidden lethality that Cerus hoped would give the multirole jets more teeth during this engagement. Taking out a pocket flashlight and walking up to his fighter, Noel passed by with her determined gait, inspection torch already out for her to go over the work that had been done. The pre-flight inspection passed without a problem, though the older woman was quick to note, "These things almost don't look any different from the 120s. Only some small adjustments here and there...same functionality, right?"

"Right."

"Let's hope they don't expect anything fired at standoff range from a pair of Talons. They're usually suited for mid-range duties."

With that, the pair boarded the ladders and climbed into the cockpits, canopies closing in sync while the two powered up the engines. The soft whine of the turbines could be heard as they stirred from their short slumber, Cerus watching his MFDs which popped up and displayed the overall status of the plane. A soft voice echoed in his ears as the logo came up for the software, the pilot expecting the greeting from the onboard AI. "Good morning."

"Good morning sir. The current itinerary and list of OPFOR includes: eighteen CFA-44 Nosferatus, twenty four SU-43M Strike Berkuts, one E-767 and two EA-200s. I see you've loaded a new munition. The program is...familiar."

"Go ahead and run a diagnostics check. It shouldn't be much more than the AIM-120 we had mounted on before, Rapture."

A status bar popped up as the AI ran the check, confirming his findings. "Yes sir. Sync HUD and HMD?"

"You got it."

The display blinked to life in front of his eyes on the glass of his helmet, his eyes blurring for a moment as they got used to the distance and the projection solidified. Turning his head, he watched as Noel finished up the same part of her checklist, his wingmate giving him a thumbs up with a trademark ferocious grin behind the oxygen mask. "How's the EOTS?"

"Functioning at optimal efficiency, sir. I compensated for the current weather conditions."

"Good girl. Alright, starting taxi."

The engines whined a little louder as he throttled up just a little, directing his lead Talon out towards the head of the runway. Noel's Talon followed suit, the canopy glass glinting a little in the sunlight as they passed the entourage of aircraft that had gathered at Skalski for the operation. Lining up and staring out at the stretch of concrete which made up the runway, he keyed the radio. "Nier Two, check in."

"Nier Two, up." Her familiar voice floated over the channel smoothly, his eyes locking forward. 

"Rapture, how's our clearances?"

It took a moment for the AI to catch up, but her voice returned swiftly. "They're waiting for your call."

Cerus nodded, cleared his throat, switched channels and called the tower. "Skalski Tower, this is Nier, flight of two, ready for takeoff." 

"Copy, Nier. Runway is clear, you are clear for takeoff."

The engines began to roar as he throttled them up to takeoff speed, the F/A-38 Talon beginning to pick up speed as it rolled down the concrete strip, Noel hot on his heels as she picked up on his cue. He eased the nose up, feeling the wheels leave the ground before he was suddenly weightless, only the wind rushing beneath the wings and the powerful turbine buried within the fuselage keeping him flying. Watching the altimeter on his HUD, he looked back to see Noel's fighter climbing a little below and behind him, always staying to his seven and eight-o'clock positions. Contrails drifted from their wingtips from the cold air, the fighters cutting a wake through the atmosphere as they climbed.

Retracting the gear and shifting the rudders to align with their proper heading, he switched over to their private channel. "Berserker, what's your status?"

"All green, Templar. How far of a flight do we have?" She quipped, the Talon bobbing a little as she straightened up the nose.

"Not too far. If you got any ideas, now would be a good time to voice'em."

A small headshake and a chuckle. "Nope! As I said, let's play it by ear and see what everyone else is doing."

"Copy. Let them lead the waltz this time."

"Why not the Charleston?"

"I don't have any swing with me."

"Damn it, I told you to bring those files!"
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 am

Przeoczyc International Airport
    17 November 2045 (1150 hours local time)

Charline Couture stood infront of the desk belonging to her commanding officer; Colonel Irénée Couture, her father.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Irénée asked his daughter with a strong hint of doubt.

"I am ready, sir. I will do my best to make you proud." Charline replied, with some anger building in her.

Since her mid-teens, Charline felt that her father wouldn't accept her. To her, her father was often seen as an obsticle to success. In Irénée's eyes, Charline was hot-headed, arrogant and unfit to command a squadron. It was only through the support of her mother, Estelle, that Charline was able to make it through the Air Force Academy. Irénée still loved his daughter, but often felt that she shouldn't have chosen the life of a pilot like her parents.

"Alright, if you fail, I'll make sure you won't be able to drive a taxi cab anywhere." Irénée relented with a rather harsh warning. One that only made her hot-headed.

Charline saluted and walked out of the office and heads to her quarters. When she arrived, she sat down on her bed, smoldering with discontent.

Przeoczyc International Airport
    18 November 2045 (0315 hours local time)

The four members of Azor flight were awoken after only three hours of sleep. Heading to the briefing room, the flight leader, 1st Lt. Charline Couture kept thinking about her meeting with her father. Though she was still fuming, she calmed down somewhat and decided to prove her father wrong. She and the rest of Azor's pilots entered the briefing room. As they took their seats, Irénée entered and began the briefing by showing a holographic display of the battlespace. A male computerized voice is heard.

"The Erusean Imperial Military has been bombing the Nordic Defense Force heavily since November 16th, and has already pressed the attack on the ground with the NDF disorganized and retreating. Elements of the Nordic Ground Defense Force’s 18th Mechanized Division have escaped and tried to organize on the resort island of Stål, but the Eruseans are keeping up the pressure. A large air raid is believed to be heading for the island to knock out the division once and for all. Our objective is to intercept the attacking aircraft and their escorts before they can destroy the division’s combat capabilities. Erusean aircraft have already knocked out radars set up on the island and so far have total control of the air over much of the eastern part of the country."

Irénée continued from the computerized voice. "As you can see, things have not been good for the NDF. We and a number of other UN-aligned and NDF squadrons are all that stands in the way of the Eruseans and the island of Stål. Here is your current sortie order."

He then let the computerized voice take over.

"We will attack from multiple directions to try and offset the enemy’s numerical superiority. Two groups of fighters will attack from the south, while two attack from the north. You’ll have machines at both high and low altitude to split the enemy fighter force. If you can, force them to retreat; the primary targets are the strike aircraft. The strike aircraft cannot be allowed to make a coordinated attack against the 18th Mechanized Division. It appears that the Eruseans have been equally favoring the CFA-44 and F-02 to fight the NDF’s air arm, so we cannot accurately guess which will be used to cover the enemy attack aircraft. We can guess, however, that they will use the Su-43BM as their primary attack aircraft. The Berkut is a potent strike aircraft, but can double as a fighter as reported by all-source intel. However it is far less capable in the latter role. We cannot stress prioritizing these aircraft enough when you attack. If the division is significantly damaged, the mission will have failed."

As the computerized voice finished, Irénée asks, "Any questions?"

Azor's number two, 2nd Lt. Wynne Paquet asked, "What's going to be our support?"

Irénée replied, "Aircraft from the Osean Navy, Osean Air Force and Air National Guard, the NAF and Rosenthal."

The mentioning of Rosenthal caused some murmors from both 1st Lt. Aldric Joubert and 2nd Lt. Ferdinand St. Martin. Irénée asked, "Any more questions?"

There was second of silence. Irénée concluded, "No? Then report to your planes, pilots. Good luck and godspeed."

Przeoczyc International Airport - Apron
    (0345 hours local time)

After suiting up and doing preflight checks, Charline called in, "Azor One, commence engine start-up." This was followed by Wynne, Aldric and Ferdinand reply "Roger. Starting up."

After another five minutes, the four Hailstom Cs began taxiing to the runway. Once there, the four multirole fighters stoped at the end and Charline called into the main tower, "Przeoczyc Tower, this is Azor flight, ready for take off on Runway 87R."

A short moment of silence. "This is Przeoczyc tower, you're cleared for take off. Watch for civilian traffic when departing."

"Roger. Let's go, Azor flight." Charline replied just before the four Hailstorm Cs rolled down the runway and took to the air, heading toward Stål.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Brian looked at the theater map. West Usea colored in Imperial Erusean orange. The Osean continent Blue as per Rainbow 4, the Allied war plan to defend the Hemisphere from invasion.

"Isn't it funny Major?" Brian who had been looking at the map was torn away by the voice. He turned around to see his contact from the agency. "For twenty years all we have been hearing about is the death of nations and the rise of the corporation superpowers. Now we have ourselves a good old fashion brawl for it all among the great powers and the remaining big companies are trying to gain our favor."

The tall man in a suit walked over from the doorway to inspect the map.

Brian moved to shake the mans hand. "Nice to see you again Mr. Alexander. I take it everything is ready?" 

Alexander firmly grabbed Brian's hand. "Yes, Yes all preparations are finalized, Everyone is in place, and the Military has your Planes ready. As always we appreciate the work you do for us."

Brian nodded without saying anything as the agent went over some final details, waiting till the end to talk. "And the Girl?"

"She isn't part of your Intel mission, but she is important. Tachibana wanted one of their people on board to balance Rosenthal."

Brian turned to face Agent Alexander "I mean is she good?"

"Oh!" Alexander said, as if relieved that was the Majors concern."Yea she has considerable flight time as a test pilot and is rated well. She also has some Technology training if you need to trouble shoot on the spot. She's a bit of a loner, but we don't someone who is going to ask a lot of questions so there we go."

Brian wanted to say more but time was about out and his main concern had been addressed. "lets do it then."

---------------

Sabrina stood in the hanger, She had been pacing around for a while talking to her self. The ground crews had mostly left so their would be no one around to find it odd. At the moment she had a lot on her mind, and when that happened it would take her to places far from the here and now. 

The Door opened and Major Rosato and someone she didn't know walked in. "Office Kelly its good to see you again. We'll be taking off in a few minutes."

Sabrina attempted eye contact "Yes Sir." She managed to sputter, avoiding anything more substantial that might expose her weakness in conversation. 

Two aircraft sat in the hangar. His F-2C and her F-2CCV, each with strengths and weaknesses that complimented each other well. The two pilots geared up and got in their cockpits.

Brian spoke through the radio. "We'll be meeting up with allied aircraft for an intercept mission. I'll be Nedre 1 for this mission, you're Nedre 2, that might change though. Good luck out there and happy hunting, everyone's first time should be special."

Sabrina could only sputter out a "Yes sir." She was extremely nervous and more then a little uncomfortable form his metaphor.

The Aircraft taxied to the runway. Ground crews ran out of the way. Brian gave his thumbs up and took off, Sabrina followed right after and Nedre flew off into the unknown.
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Skalski Air Base, Republic of Wielvakia, November 18th, 2045

“Here the winter comes again…”

2nd Lieutenant Naomi “Nomad” Hathaway let a yawn escape her mouth as she sat in the briefing room of Skalski AB, the air base that was playing host to the UN Task Force she was now an active part of. The base itself was modernized, but in some areas it had seen better days. A far cry from the well-furnished hotel room her boyfriend Dante Allen and their plus one Lucia Al-Shamrani had shared in Santa Maria, Sapin only a couple days ago. The briefing had yet to begin as both Officer and Enlisted grade personnel began to filter into the room. Naomi had gotten there before the rest of her unit had arrived. The past few chaotic days hadn’t done her any favors and she was surprised she had caught a full night’s sleep after landing in Wielvakia.

Her mind began to go over the whole ordeal again; shortly after her leave had been rescinded she had to rush back home and take a flight back to the Great Lakes, spending what time she could with her family. Surprisingly the mental preparation she made in advance of meeting her mother was not needed as she was rather calm about the situation at hand with her Dad, Aunts, Cousin, Boyfriend, and Little Sister present.  What Nomad thought would be a dysfunctional farewell was one of tearful calm, warm emotions, and her parents giving her advice and wishing her the best. After a round of kisses, utterances of I love you, hugs, and her Mother, Mao Hathaway calling her “Little Princess” several times before she boarded her flight back. Where she’d rejoin her unit the 107th; better known as the Hellhounds.

Naomi continued to think about the trip from Selfridge AB in the Southeast Great Lakes to Hampton AB in East Osea before finally making one last long hop to their final stop. The flight itself in their dull camouflaged F-25’s was unremarkable; it certainly beat the hell out of a Cattle-Class seat in a Boeing 797. They had exchanged stories and commentary to the pass the time most of which was done by her flight lead Captain Erich “Wolf Dog” Winters who was now sitting beside her after kissing the unit’s intel officer 1st Lt. Lavina Evans on the cheek. The older male pilot took his seat and didn’t disturb Naomi from her musing, simply giving a smile and a nod to her which she reciprocated. The Lieutenant now chewed on the state of her “Cousin” Jed Walker; also known as “DU” or “Bronco” depending on who you were talking to. She had found the young man hungover in his hotel room shortly before their departure from Sapin. It had seemed his attempts to woo Lieutenant Chopra had failed miserably and for Jed in Naomi’s mind that was the last thing he really needed. She winced as she quickly changed gears to her own boyfriend who was now alone. The young man was a high functioning Autistic and mood swings were not something he could handle well on his own. On the bright side Naomi’s parents, Dante’s own Mother, Kiera, and Dante’s best friend Andre would be close by to support him. She made a mental note to contact him via Skype when she was wheels down. Naomi’s two other comrades took their seats beside the half-Shimo pilot; each greeting her with a smile and an exchange of words.

“Heya Nomes, they sure picked a good season to launch a blitz didn’t they?” The tall and sisterly 1st Lieutenant Gisele Kramer said to her.

“Cold and shitty, sounds like great invasion weather to me.”

“You think so?”

“Sure; makes conquering a neighboring country all the more scenic.” Naomi chortled, eliciting a laugh from Gisele, Erich, and the now seated 2nd Lieutenant Victor Patterson.

“I don’t know; I could always go for a war in South Usea or Verusa.” Victor chimed in to which Erich replied: “Sure, just swap out your whining about the cold with hot and humid and we’re in the same boat.” Victor rolled his eyes as the chatter of the crowd was suddenly hushed by the entrance of two aged pilots who wore the uniforms and patches of Rosenthal Incorporated and it’s 456th MNFW. Naomi’s eyes widened as her eyes latched on to the sight of her aging Uncles Sarathi “Sharky” Sarkar and Samya “Shamu” Suara taking their seats a couple rows ahead of the Air Force pilots.

“Hey Naomi, aren’t those your uncles?” Asked Gisele who looked on with the rest of the occupants of the room. “I sense the slimmer one is peeved.”

“Peeved wouldn’t be the word to use for Uncle Sharky…” Naomi slowly spoke as she tried to wrap her head around the sudden appearance of her non-related Uncles. “What the hell is Uncle Sharky doing here with Uncle Shamu, I thought they were retired…I mean they were on reserve yes…but I thought deployment was behind them.”

“Everyone if I could have your attention please…” Lavina’s voice projected as she silenced the room and a projection system booted up with a detailed map of the battlespace. “Now that I have your attention everyone, let’s begin.”

The briefing moved along predictably. Outlining various objectives, the positions and numbers of hostile and allied forces, and who would be doing what when they took to the skies. Naomi’s group would be tasked with taking on the incoming fighters that would be providing CAP for the strike package targeting the Nordic Ground Defense Force’s 18th Mechanized Division that had gathered on Stal Island.

“Eighteen CFA-44C’s? They’re throwing everything and the kitchen sink at us.” Commented Victor in a hushed tone.

“I’m more concerned about the Berkut spam. Even if those mercs up front are flying a dump truck. We got to figure a way to suppress them and fast.” Replied Spikes quietly as Victor nodded in agreement.

The 107th’s CO; Colonel Jason Frost coughed as he overheard the tall female, “With the Air Guard, Navy, Emmerians, and Nords providing support with their own aircraft we should be able to at least frustrate the incoming blitz Lieutenant Kramer.”

Lavina cut in, “If I may add sir. The Nord ground units should have AAA and SAM’s which should even the odds in our favor when we arrive on station.”

Naomi observed the data presented through her tablet, the CFA-44C was an intimidating aircraft in the right hands, downright deadly if a seasoned pilot was behind the controls. It was nimble, fast, and unstable. She’d have to use her fighter’s own speed, mobility, and weapons to put it down. She then remembered what her father said.

“A pilot is strong; a squadron is stronger. Place trust in a pack, not a single man who thinks he’s a god.”

That would be the key to victory over the enemy, working in tandem with her allies and her own flight. There was no room to be a star, it would have to come down to teamwork and staying aware of her situation. As the briefing wound down and the pilots were brought up to speed on the weather conditions they were promptly dismissed. From there the crews shuffled to their respective positions and assigned aircraft. Naomi after gearing up slid on her helmet which was black with her TAC hand painted across the back in red which she proceeded to tighten down while her flight lead gave his motivational talk.

“This is the real thing everyone, not an ACM exercise. I expect everyone to give It their all up there and to watch each other’s backs. This extends to your fellow man outside of the unit. You see someone in trouble or if they need a helping hand give it. The Eruseans may be pushing deep but we can still bloody their noses. Finally, Don’t think you can win this on the first day.”

“Why would I think that? What do I look like? Navy?” Victor snarked.

“Sometimes I have to wonder Lieutenant. Now. Hellhounds, mount up. Light is green.”

“WOOF.” The spirited group said in reply as they walked towards their jets sitting outside the hardened shelters they had been assigned to. Naomi looked off to the Rosenthal component and noticed the Wyvern and Strike Raptor crews mounting up. Naomi threw the aging pilots a wave and a smile, hoping that they would catch a glimpse of her before she mounted up.

Ascending the ladder to her jet, Naomi was followed up by her crew chief SSgt. Steven Malmsteen who had the distinction of having a cybernetic arm prosthesis networked with an ENSI connection to replace the left arm he lost in a car accident as a child. Because of his preference for leaving the arm bare and unfinished, he had earned the nickname “Tinman” from his comrades.

“Morning Tinman; didn’t see you this morning.” Naomi said as she began to strap herself into the cockpit.

“I was in the back, sleep well and eat?” Malmsteen said as he finished helping Naomi strap in. He then pulled out a tablet and plugged it into an access port as he ran a diagnostic.

“I did. Breakfast was good. Captain is probably on the ball more than any of us. Spikey functional?” Naomi spoke, asking about the assigned AI program that was loaded into the onboard systems of her aircraft.

Steven nodded, “Everything checks out Lieutenant. Let’s spool it up.”

Naomi began to go through the process of starting the aircraft, the AI system conducting multiple diagnostic checks while the F120-38 Turbofan of the F-25A Taipan groaned to life in concert with its identical counterparts as well as the Wyverns and FB-22’s opposite of them. Naomi then checked her HMD on her HGU-57 helmet as the canopy of the light fighter closed.

“Weapons are good Sarge!” shouted an ordnance tech who gave one of the four enhanced AIM-120 AMRAAM’s a firm pat.

“Good to know! Now get clear!” Malmsteen gave Naomi a mechanized thumb up before descending and withdrawing the ladder.

Naomi did a quick rundown of her weapons and fuel as she began to taxi out; for this op she had a full load of 25mm shells for the GAU-22/A, Four AIM-9X Sidewinder, and Four AIM-120 AMRAAM on double racks inboard, and finally a pair of 600-gallon fuel tanks inboard. The loadout was repeated with her flight lead and comrades as the mission profile was purely air to air.

“Skalski Tower, this is Hellhound lead. Request takeoff clearance.” Erich radioed the tower.

“Hellhound, this is Skalski you are cleared to take off at this time. Good luck and godspeed.” An accented controller's voice replied.

“Many thanks Tower, we'll need it. Hellhound One, Wolf Dog beginning takeoff roll.”

"Spikes Underway."

The four F-25A’s thundered down the tarmac in sequence; their afterburners glowing white hot as they shot into the sky one by one. Naomi, drew back the stick on her camouflaged Taipan aptly nicknamed “Mr. Torgue” and felt the aircraft race upward into the sky.

“Nomad is airborne and wheels up. Forming on your wing lead.”

“Glory is for the dead.”
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:32 am

Hunter Lead, On Approach to Stahl Islands
    November 18, 2045
    Eastern Nordlands

"Bastion E1-6, Radiation Away."

"Bastion E1-8 is spiked; evading now."

"I see the one that fired on you, Kaplov...your eleven low. Your eleven low."

"This is Loyalty 2, we can confirm the air defense radars are either powering down or going offline as a result of ARM strikes. Good work, Bastion."

"Roger, Loyalty 2...confirm for us when all the bastards are away, yeah?"

"Understood."

Lieutenant Colonel Sven Kavachovich, commander of the 12th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, listened to the F-16XAs providing Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD). They went through their job with a mix of surgical precision and machine-like efficiency. Several of his jets flew ahead, positioned to cover the Sakerfalcons as they attacked. They'd then be the intial CAP. The Colonel wanted fighters covering as much as possible as quickly as possible. It was why he'd brought up most of his squadron and why he had fighters at various altitudes. This was the first day of the war that would see them facing resistance in earnest. The Oseans had sailed one of their carrier battlegroups close to the island, and they'd already declared they were going to help Nordlands. Kavachovich fully expected them to attack any day.

The Oseans, especially the Navy pilots, had a penchant for being rather creative and sometimes foolishly brave. The man had trained his pilots as much as he could and consulted the former Neucom and General Resource pilots that'd ended up under his squadron. A few were Osean, which he felt gave him an edge. The man, a former Air Force Major by the name of Edward Gordon, had really pushed his men...maybe sometimes too hard. Kavachovich had the Imperial Morale Officer keeping an eye on the man's temperament.

"Hunter Lead, this is Vigilante, be advised we've detected unfriendly contacts...Heading 220, Altitude 6700, 640 kilometers and closing...we've detected eight aircraft entering our radar's range so far." The E-787 controlling the raid spoke up.

"Hunter Lead copies, Vigilante. Hunter Elements Two and Three, move to intercept." He replied.

Eight of the fourteen jets surrounding the strike package moved forward and began to separate from the formation. Hunter E-2 and Hunter E-3 moved to different altitudes while Hunter E-1 kept by the Su-43s. Hunter E-4, meanwhile, moved towards their CAP stations. radars began to track the enemy fighters that were closing, and Helmet-Mounted Displays started placing Target Display Boxes in the pilots' fields of view. Weapons were checked and elements split into pairs. Each jet had four long-range missiles, the AP-13B "Hrotti". The AP-13s were essentially copies of the latest incarnation of the K-77.

In the meantime the Su-43s began to space apart and aircraft on the outter edges of the formation were ordered to arm their AP-11A "Atgeir" short-range air-to-air-missiles. A copy of the AIM-9X, the weapons were the best weapon for defense they'd have if any of the UN fighters leaked through. The forwardmost Berkuts also began readying for their attack. The 24 aircraft had six primary targets: The 18th Mechanized's field HQ, two major fuel dumps on the island, the docks (one element carried air-dropped mines and the other bombs) and finally several cluster bomb-armed Su-43s intended to destroy elements of the unit places along the northeast side of the island in combat formations.

The F-16XAs had now fully turned back and cleared the way for the CFA-44s to attack. Radar Warning Receivers (RWR) began to compete with the radio traffic and sounds of radars looking for weapons locks.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:01 pm

"Yeah...there they are."

Lieutenant Ryuubi Matsumoto, the "voice" of the E-12 AWACS coined "Wave Runner", watched her screen as the three-man crew providing the meat of the Pelican's mission tracked everything around them within 400 miles. That included the massive group of unfriendly contacts moving west towards Stahl.

"Confirmed Air Raid, Designate "Raid One". Bandits detected...Skull, Serpent, Hellhound, Azor, Nedre, Haukka and Nier, this is Wave Runner. Bandits, bandits...nearest group is at Heading 060, 130 Miles, Angels 21. All formations engage at will." She radioed.

"Okay Skulls you heard the lady, We've got to cut them off before they reach the 16th Mech...Skull 2-1, take your element and hit the guys on the right, then push for the strike's escort. Support Serpent." Amazon radioed from her cockpit.

"On our way, Lead. Serpent, we'll clear yah a path." Jed drawled as he let go his external tanks.

Serpent...Jed knew that callsign; Hellhound, too. He almost keyed his mike but his AI cut him off.

"Radar identifies four bandits at 12 o' clock...CFA-44C."

"Roger that." Jed replied.

He started selecting targets for his four AIM-152B Lancers. Jed liked to do things manually when he could; it tested his reflexes, refined them and made him quicker and better at reacting. The APG-81 radar in his nose worked its "magic", picking up the radar signatures of each jet and then relaying the result onto Jed's displays. in front of his eyes, green Target Display (TD) boxes appeared around where the radar had determined the Erusean Nosferatus were in the sky. In seconds his RWR started to tell him that the bandits were doing the same thing he was.

"Skull 2, break formation. Mind the traffic though." He ordered.

"Skull 2-2 going left." Annie reported as she tilted her fighter in the aforementioned direction and soared away from Jed's wing. Back behind her, Streetfighter moved the same way.

"Skull 2-1 goin right." Jed replied.

"Skull 2-4, I'm going with 2-1. Keep 2-2 covered." Prettyboy radioed.

"Gotcha 2-3." Streetfighter replied.

Jed tilted his head towards the CFAs every few seconds as he then went into a climb and rolled back towards the incoming fighters. Two had split to engage him and Prettyboy, who was out behind Jed, to the right.

"AI, chaff." The young Lieutenant ordered.

"Chaff, chaff."

Small cylinders containing strips of aluminum, used since the days of old in air warfare, designed to confuse radars fell away from the jet as he closed the gap. Jed rolled over so his nose was pointed at the CFAs coming for him. It all seemed so slow; heart-pumping but slow. Jed watched as two diamonds appeared and raced for the TD boxes, his systems telling him that the radar was getting the last bits of info needed to launch his weapons. He rested his thumb on the weapons release and waited until he heard a shrill tone in his ears and the shapes had merged and turned red.

"Hope Ah'm like y'all, dad..."

"Skull 210, Fox 3, Fox 3!" He called over the radio as the word "SHOOT" flashed on his HUD-HMD near the bottom.

The two Lancers were pushed from their resting places and into the open air, clear of the jet. Jed pulled away as the weapons' rocket motors ignited and sent the missiles screaming down at the Eruseans.

Annie, in the meantime, dove down and then snapped right once she'd deployed chaff. Still somewhat new to the F-24, she did a handful of functions using the AI. Her RWR was telling her she hadn't been singled out yet, but there were unfriendly radars out there.

"AI, lock up the further two bandits in the selected element." She ordered.

"Understood, Lieutenant." It replied obediently.

Annie kept the CFAs in her HMD's field of view as she brought the fighter's nose  slightly up and to the right. She  then made a more sudden move so the nose was aimed directly at her two prey as they started to bank at her. Too late...

Annie watched as TD box and diamond became one; she fired without hesitation.

"Skull 206 Fox 3, Fox 3." She reported.

Annie deployed more chaff and aimed high of the CFAs, increasing her speed to near afterburner. She looked over to track Jed so as to avoid a crash. He was going higher after launching his first salvo as well.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:36 pm

As the four Basilisk jets formed up, Shamu was relieved to hear the punchy electronic tones and grinding guitar of "Grand Ball" by Turnion Katliot begin playing through his earphones.  

Daniel "Taco" Miller, pilot of Serpent 2, radioed, "Boss, what's the plan?"

Sharky replied, "1 and 2 go low.  Hit the strike birds from behind.  3,4, keep their minions occupied."

Peaches, Serpent 4's pilot, said, "Boss, we're not gonna be able to take them on."

"I know.  Shams?"

"On it."  Shamu radioed to the F-25s that had recently gotten off the ground, "Hellhound, Serpent 1.  If you don't mind, we're gonna get a little sneaky with those little Berkuts of theirs, see if we cant sneak our hands up their skirts.  You mind keeping the teacher occupied for us and helping our dash 3 and 4 distract the CFAs?"

Speedy said over the private squadron channel, "Shamu I dunno how Miss Ionescu's gonna feel about you sneaking your hands up other girls' skirts."

Shamu retorted, "Who said it wasn't Daci's skirt?"

Sharky said flatly, "The fact that she nearly broke your fingers the last time you tried it."

"I will have you know, my dearest Sharkman, that that only happened one time."

"Oh right.  She just whips you now."

Shamu was silent as the rest of the Basilisk pilots burst into laughter.  "Sharky, my dearest friend, my compadre...  Why must you hurt me in this way."

"I don't have to.  Your wife does it for me."  

Speedy crowed, "BUUUUUUUUUURNNNN!!!!"  In the front cockpit of Night Witch, Sharky's lips curled upward in a sly smile.

Hearing the familiar drawl from the F-24 pilot, Shamu radioed back, "Why thank you, Young... Bronco.  You'll be working with Serpents 3 and 4 whenever you get over here."  Shamu chose to use Jed's callsign as opposed to his real name in the interest of security, but his tone of voice was the same as it usually was when addressing the younger man even through his childhood.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 pm

200 miles out from nearest contact, over the Spring Sea

The single engine fighters quickly formed up on their lead aircraft and now joined up with their coalition counterparts over the sea. The situation was already growing increasingly tense as the female operator of the E-12 Pelican carrier based AWACS began to call out targets and marshal jets to their respective positions. The Navy being closest to the action would have the pick of the litter while the land based jets would follow up their assault. Naomi heard the voice of her cousin Jed come in over the radio alongside his fellow F-24C pilots.

“Jed.” Naomi whispered to herself, the young pilot proceeded to crane her neck around to check her surroundings. Catching sight of the FB-22’s and Wyverns nearby. Wolf Dog in the meantime keyed up his mic to reply to the AWACS on station.

“This is Hellhound, flight of four F-25A’s checking in. We acknowledge Wave Runner. We're pushing to engage the nearest bandit group at this time.” Erich then radioed his own flight. “You heard the lady, let’s go vampire hunting.”

“Wilco.” Naomi spoke as she manually hit her master arm and ordered her AI to open a detailed radar map on her display showing the incoming hostiles based on Wave Rider’s radar picture.

“This is Spikes, read you loud and clear boss.”

“Otaku copies. Man, that Wave Rider girl has a cute voice, don’t you agree sir?” Victor spoke.

Erich flatly replied, “Get your head out of the clouds kid.”

“Uwuh, got it sir.”

Naomi giggled the exchange while the voice of her Uncle Shamu came in over the comm link requesting support for the upcoming attack. Erich quickly replied with, “Hellhound Lead Copies Serpent One. Keep it to the weeds and we’ll stake those bloodsuckers for you. Serpent Three and Four we’ll take the bandit group with you and keep your bosses out of trouble. Nomad, mark my tail.”

“Hellhound Two, roger.” Naomi called back as she kept a close but loose formation. The planes of Spikes and Otaku broke left and maintained a similar loose but close spread as the Taipans streaked to the AO. Naomi in the meantime hazarded a call to her Uncle Sharky in Serpent One.

“Hellhound Two to Serpent Lead. Good to have you with us.”
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Sharky replied, "Good to be here, Two.  And keep an eye out.  I can think of someone who'd be rather displeased with me if you didn't make it home safe."

Over the intercom, Shamu said, "Dang, Sharkman, I didn't think it was possible to sound any less sincere over the radio."

"Shams?"

"Yeah, buddy?"

"Shut the fuck up."

Directing his attention back to the radar, Shamu said, "Alright we're 200 miles out."

Sharky said, "Right.  Two.  Step it down.  Clearance plane 200."

"Roger that."

The two FB-22s rolled over and nosed down towards the Nordic countryside.  As they descended, Peaches called, "Good luck, boss."

Shamu replied, "Good hunting.  See you on the flip side."

Night Witch and Ay Chihuahua (Taco and Shady's aircraft) leveled off at 200 feet above the ground, intending to sneak as close to the Su-43s as possible before engaging.

Thoroughly comfortable at such a low altitude, Sharky said, finally in the zone, "Cortana.  Tell me when we're blown."

Already keeping a digital eye on any and all emissions hitting the FB-22's radar-absorbent skin, the AI replied, "Of course.  Would you like me to turn on active stealth too?"

"Only when we're getting close to detection values."

"Understood.  I'll alert you when we're in the yellow." 

"Lovely."  

In the back seat, Shamu coached Shady through the same procedure while datalinking with Wave Rider, using the AWACS' radar data to feed targeting data to the AIM-154s in Night Witch's belly so he didn't have to use his own AESA and risk blowing his cover early.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Angvir

Post by Angvir on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 am

"Wave Runner, Nier acknowledges. Berserker, pips up. They're already rolling in," Cerus confirmed as he watched his display illuminate with target display boxes, the Nosferatus already in range thanks to the AWACS' powerful radar. Using the information from the datalink, he began setting up for a volley, thumbing through the active weapons before settling on the four AIM-154s buried in the fuselage. He licked his lips a little, biting at the edge. They were at a disadvantage if they couldn't cut off the Nosferatus here and now; they needed to be able to catch the Strike Berkuts heading towards the mechanized divisions down below. The tone sounded as the Anacondas locked hard onto their targets, four TDBs ringed with red diamonds. "Berserker, stagger launch. When they start turning to evade, I want you to burn'em with your set. Watch Skulls' targets."

Noel nodded before arming her own set of 4 long range missiles, the lock tone ringing in her ears before long as she waited for his command. The RWR hadn't gone off quite yet, the smaller size of the Talon a benefit when the odds were stacked against their particular aircraft. Still, among the chatter in the background on the main channel she could hear the telltale beeps of the system warning its pilots, her mauve eyes looking up to see the F-24s engaging in a lethal dance with the incoming Nosferatus. Despite how much she wanted to squeeze the launch trigger, she held fast, concentrating on their current tactic. "Copy, Templar. Stakes are ready on your mark."

The Talons roared through the air as they closed the gap little by little, the 130 miles and altitude difference starting to fade away quickly. He wanted to launch as far out as possible, but a little bit of closure would give them a little less time to react. His HMD read "Shoot" for half a minute before he gripped the trigger, the familiar squeeze of the stick and the soft sounds of the missiles deploying from the four bays of the F/A-38A readying him for the bright flare of the four long range missiles as they tore away from his craft. "Templar, Fox three!"

Pitching the nose up and banking to give himself a bit of leeway, he watched as the four missiles streaked toward their targets as manmade meteors, Noel following soon after with a cry of "Berserker, Fox Three!" and another four of the Anacondas erupted into the sky, dumped from the bays of her Talon before screaming after their intended victims. He pulled up and rolled back, angling his nose back towards the fray before the RWR caught his ears.

"We've been spiked."

"Copy, turn and pop chaff. Let's see if we can't drag them a bit."

"When do you want to go after the Berkuts?"

"As soon as we've staked the hearts. Besides, Serpent is going after them. If anything, they'll be able to give them one hell of a rousing before we go down."

"Yessir, stake the vamps and then wait for the snakes to bare their fangs," She echoed, pulling up underneath his shadow. Wondering if the Nosferatu could differentiate targets easily if they were in close formation, or shaded, she opted to go with their normal routine of her flying just a little below Cerus, but enough so that she could roll out from underneath with no problem to perform evasive maneuvers. Rapture toned acknowledgement as she keyed release of chaff from both planes, the canisters popping open in a flurry of aluminum snow behind them as their engines roared.
    Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:20 am

"Serpent 3 and 4 are breaking off to engage CAP." said Riley, breaking away from the larger FB-22s. 

"Rose, give us a heads up when they have us on scope," said Chart.

"And send me data on the turning capabilities of the CFAs." added Riley. 

"Serpent 3, Haukka 1, we'll support your engagement." said Karhila, opening the throttles. The two large F/A-64s climbed high above the F-02s. 

"Roger that Haukka," said Chart. 

The two flights began to close on the distracted CAP. Once they were inside the Anaconda's max range, Riley locked a pair of the Nosferatu.

"Fox 3, Fox 3!" he called, loosing a pair of the missiles. 

"Serpent 3 and 4 pressing on enemy CAP." said Riley.

"Roger that!" said Lahti. The Phantoms had to close slightly before being able to fire their shorter ranged AIM-120s. 

"Time to drive a stake through the heart of the vampire. Fox 3!" said Karhila.

The two AMRAAMs rocketed away, followed by Haukka 2s missiles.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:59 am

Splitting off from the lead element, Peaches followed Riley and Chart as they pressed towards the CFAs.  As they approached maximum range, the burly F-02 pilot said, "Speedy, lock them up."

"Already on it, mamacita."  

As the TD boxes appeared on her HMD, Peaches growled, "How many times do I have to tell you NOT to call me that?"

Speedy said jovially, "Aww come on, you know you love it."

"You're lucky there's an instrument panel between you and my fist."

"And an ejection seat, bruh," Speedy added helpfully.

"Yes that too."  As the "HOT TRIG" light came on in her HUD, Peaches said, "Alright, in range."

"Hold it.  Give 'em more space."

"Yup."  Peaches waited until the range to their first target dropped down to 110 nautical miles, called out, "Serpent 4, Fox 3," and squeezed the trigger.

The F-02's bay doors snapped open, and an AIM-154D Anaconda fell free.  It fell in the slipstream for a moment before its rocket motor lit off with a whoosh, streaking towards the first CFA-44.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Alright new girl, show me what you can do

Both Nedre planes flew towards the battle space, from what they could gather most of the allied force was forming around a flight of FB-22s. 

"Alright Shaman, we fire off our AAM-5s, hit what we can."

"Yes Sir!, understood!" she replied a bit more enthusiastically then before.

I still don't know what to make of you.

Brian looked at his radar, The main force of the allied fighters were engaging the CFA-44 formation. However the bulk of the enemy fighters, a large squadron sized force of SU-43 craft were moving near unopposed.

"Well I guess we'll take on that big blob on the radar."

Sabrina, weakly "wo-w, lot of planes...."

"Yea, no kidding."

Noticing he for a second allowed himself to seem less then confident he got a hold of himself.

"Well fire our AAM-5s to thin them out. The planes are a bit far apart, hopefully when we get up close we can take them out little by little till help arrives."

If it does.

For a moment, nothing, but then he heard his wingman. "Yes sir-, you got it. uh Sir!"

We're fucked

He put his fingers on the side stick and armed his AAM-5Bs

"Nedre 1 FOX 3!

"Nedre 2 FOX 3!"

Each missile aimed at a different target fell off the wings of the two planes. After a moment of falling all eight roared to life and cut through the clouds, speeding off towards the enemy planes and oblivion.
    Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:27 pm

As the AWACS., Wave Rider informed the UN affiliated aircraft either approaching or in combat, Azor flight was less than thirty miles out.

"Azor flight copies, Wave Rider. We're already thirty miles out and in range for firing." Charline replied. Even if their Hailstorms were in afterburner, they would not arrive in the engagement zone for another two minutes. Charline and the others lock up the Eruseans to fire a volley of MICA RF missiles.

They get a solid tome, and fire their volley. "Lynx, Fox Three!"

"Panthère, Fox Three!"

"Buse, Fox Three!"

"Condor, Fox Three!"

The four Hailstorm Cs continue speeding towards the area.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 pm

"Enemy aircraft, looks like about eight Osean Hellcats, Hunter Lead."

"We've got more out further, Lead. Mixed formation...I'm picking up multiple aircraft at various altitudes."

Colonel Kavachovich had nothing to respond with but a simple acknowledgment. His flights started to maneuver and return fire as the fight unfolded. Behind him the Su-43s also began to break their formations in an organised manner, talking and warning each other to avoid mid-air collisions. The Colonel himself banked the left and went higher, deploying chaff. He selected his AP-11s and came around before diving, nose aimed at one Kalus Karhila. He painted the Nordic F-64 pushed the throttles forward to reach max range. Kavachovich didn't like shooting this far out, but it had a few benefits. The symbology on one of his displays matched with a red TD Box on his HMD.

"Hunter Lead, Longbow." He called. In seconds the AP-13 was away and reaching top speed.

The pilot facing Jed, Hunter E2-1, let his wingman go tearing after Prettyboy while he and the Osean F-24 went head-to-head. He stuck to his AP-13s to keep a hold on the lock he had and fired one; at this range his chances were climbing. The pilot then broke to the left violently and let off chaff to defeat the two Lancers that Jed had fired. He traded energy for safety, leaving him nearly suspended in the air with rapidly diminishing airspeed. The pilot jammed the throttles forward to beat gravity's pull and stared down "through" his jet's floor to try and see the Osean.

"Hunter E2-2, say status." Hunter E2-1 radioed.

"Engaged offensive with one Hellcat II." The other Erusean replied as he and Pretty boy went through a descending spiral.

At the same time the other half of Hunter E-2 was off to a bad start. Annie and Streefighter were out of position for the two CFAs to get a good shot with their AP-13s, forcing both to switch to the short-range AP-11s. One of Annie's missile also exploded above the two, peppering them both with a few fragments of hot metal. They tried there best to pick up the ball so the two jets split, one going high and one going low. The lead jet twisted so its top faced where Annie was coming from and then slowed to nose up quicker. The lead jet went for Streetfighter, diving from above, almost directly where the sun would be for him. The pilot's AP-11 had an excellent view of the top of the F-24; she quickly fired when given the chance.

Hunter E-3 was pressing at a lower altitude, split into two elements. One cruised at 3600 meters (12,000 feet) while the other was at about 1500 meters (5,000 feet).  They ran into a barrage from Cyborg Taylor and her Skull fourship southwest of Skull 2's fight. The two CFAs at low altitude nosed up and fired a pair of AP-13s each while the higher two broke and deployed chaff, Cyborg had staggered her launch so her targeted Nosferatu, Hunter E3-1, wound't get much rest. The CFA had broken right and then snapped back left, only to get a face full of AIM-152. The Daredevils had scored.

When Vigilante started calling out contacts to the west and northwest of Stahl, Major Edward "Aggressor" Gordon and his flight, Hunter E-4, found themselves reorganizing. He looked back at his number two, a native Erusean, and then a little further where the Colonel and Hunter E-1 were.

"Vigilante, Hunter E4-1, can you confirm number of bandits?" Gordon asked.

"So far we have eighteen bandits...some of the radar returns are a bit spotty." The AWACS replied. Gordon guessed those to be F-28s or F/A-38s; some kind of "stealth" fighter.

"Hunter Lead, Hunter E4-1, request you detach part of Hunter E-1 to me to counter enemy threat at Heading 279. Can you assist?" He radioed.

"Hunter E4-1, I'm detaching all but me and Hunter E1-6. Good luck." Kavachovich replied promptly.

Hunter E-1's six-plane formation (large due to its job of close-in escort) went down to two as four fresh CFA-44s raced west to help. At Gordon's command, they dropped lower. Consequentially they were on an almost direct course with Serpent's lead pair. It didn't help when the missiles started flying. At first Hunters E1-3 and E1-4 (now E4-5 and E4-6) thought the weapons were meant for them, but the AIM-154s that Sharky and company had fired went by without a care. In fact the original fourship of Hunter E-4 was taking the brunt of the attack, it seemed.

Nier's shots found one target each, Hunters E4-3 and E4-4. The rest of the force moving to challenge the Skalski-based fighters fared better. E4-1 and E4-2 survived, E4-2 taking light damage from a MICA Azor Lead had shot. The new fourship attached to Hunter E-4 had the best luck, being unmolested by the first fight. The lead aircraft, E4-5, fired two of his AP-13s at Hier Lead in retaliation for the deaths of E4-3 and E4-4. They claimed the two Talons as their prey to hunt while the rest closed to brawl with Haukka, Serpent's second pair, and Azor as they came in. Two Nosferatus went high to meet Haukka and cover the six jets attacking the others. Gordon sent two CFAs in a right hook against the F-02s, one going high and one going low. That left him and his wingman.

Despite the loses, Gordon flashed a smile after he called "Longbow" and deployed chaff. The sky filled with missiles as Nerdre, Nier, Haukka, Azor, Hellhound and Serpent opened up on them. His four jets fired what they could and started dumping off chaff, relying on the help they could get from the two EA-220s further east to decay the barrage of weapons after them. Gordon intended to try and close the gap, where he felt the most comfortable. Use the more nimble AP-11 that he favored. He chose a target, eventually settling on Nerde One. The pilot turned towards the F-2C and climbed before making a long roll-over, keeping his speed up. He gained speed and fired another AP-13.

"Hunter E4-1, Longbow." He reported. The pilot squinted and saw the F-2 at the edge of his vision's range. It and its wingman were still straight and level...the kind of path they'd done when he'd done head-to-heads.

"Motherfucker! He's a lunatic! A fucking lunatic!"

Gordon didn't react as the memory from Tanner Air Force Base leaked into his mind. He had six planes to command and eighteen enemy aircraft to kill.

In the meantime the Su-43s found their situation complicated when they had eight AAM-5s coming at them. Their part of the sky was already a coordinated mess; incoming missiles was the last thing they needed. Eight jets had been singled out, four in each of the lead flights. The CBU carriers started pairing off at the order of the strike leader and dove for the minimal safe altitude for their weapons; something had to be hit, something! One pilot looked up as she guided her aircraft down and below the swarms that were the other flights. Her eyes spotted a fireball, one of the minelaying aircraft. The pilot went to the left and descended further, unaware that more like it were starting to dot the sky. 

KILLS THIS ROUND

Skull 1-1 has killed a CFA-44C

Nier 1 has killed a CFA-44C

Nier 2 has killed a CFA-44C

Nerde 1 has killed two Su-43s

Nerde 2 has killed two Su-43s

Weapon Loadouts:

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:47 am

"Understood sir." Naomi replied to Sharky as she followed her lead in. After flying some considerable distance and listening in on comm chatter surrounding the fight that was now already in progress; the four F-25A's now began to slide into firing range of the hostile CFA-44C's. Naomi selected an advanced AIM-120D and selected two separate targets to fire upon while her lead selected a single Nosferatu.
    The pilots locked up their targets and fired.

"Nomad. Fox Three, Fox Three." Naomi calmly said as the AIM-120's respectively named "EXPLOSIONS!?" and "A2A Rhoemer" fell off and streaked from the left and right rails, leaving two AMRAAM's at her disposal.

"Wolf Dog, Fox Three." Erich's own missile blazed away leaving a light but visible contrail in the freezing air as the rocket motor fired.

In the meantime Gisele and Victor pushed up a little further than their counterparts before firing, repeating the same firing pattern as Nomad and Wolf Dog, with Spikes firing two missiles and Otaku firing one after acquiring their locks.

"Otaku, Fox Three!"

"Spikes, Fox Three, Fox Three!"

After firing Nomad and Wolf Dog streaked chaff and took a right turn before climbing while Spikes and Otaku did the same but dropping altitude to come in from below.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:08 pm

As the two FB-22s approached the Erusian formation, Cortana said, "Warning, enemy emissions at 75% of detection values."

"Spike it."

"Roger, active cancellation online.  Warning, active cancellation will be ineffective in five minutes."

Sharky said, "That's all I need, love." 

The two FB-22s were down on the deck, managing to make it to 75 miles away from the Su-43s without being detected.  As they got closer, Shamu said, "Sharky, we got a pair of bandits on the nose, nearing our flight level."

"Are we blown?"

"No, just lucky, I guess."

"Be advised, primary target is beginning to release weapons."

"Well shit.  Alright let's do this.  Shams, lock 'em up."

"On it.  Those ANG dudes are making our job a little easier.  They've knocked down four already."  Shamu selected the closest six Su-43s, while assigning the two intruding CFA-44s to Serpent 2.  

"Good for them."

In the back seat of Serpent 2, Shady selected another four Su-43s.  "Boss, locked."

"Serpent 1, Ripple Fox 3."  Night Witch's center weapons bay doors snapped open.  6 AIM-154s fell free, streaking towards their targets.

Off Sharky's left wing, the same thing happened with Ay Chihuahua, with those Anacondas shooting towards Hunter E4-5 and E4-6, as well as four Su-43s.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Jed violently rolled his jet to the left and went screaming for the ocean, chaff in his wake to defeat the AP-13 screaming up at him. With steady hands he used the disadvantages long-range missiles had at dogfight ranges to get behind the Erusean's missile as it failed to match his abrupt maneuver. He looked back at the CFA as it was in the middle of its sudden dump of energy. Jed leapt at the advantage went under the enemy fighter, sweeping his nose back up to try and get a shot. He tilted his head back at the CFA, having selected his AIM-9Xs. Jed used the off-boresight the Sidewinder had and watched the TD Box get a lock. He heard an electronic warbling in his ears.

"Skull 210, Fox 2!" He drawled.

The pilot couldn't help but keep going up while the missile closed in on the Erusean; he needed to see if the guy was going to do anything else.

"Skull 2-2, say status." He radioed.

"I'm engaged offensive with one...Streefighter's with me." Annie said over the latest push from the Gs.

"Skull 2-4 is defensive, Skull 2-4 is defensive." Rick Willan interjected as he deployed flares and tried to search for a way away from the AP-11.

"Hang on, Streetfighter; I'll try and get him." Annie replied.

Streetfighter hastily acknowledged and found his only way was to  maneuver one way and keep going forward, spamming all the flares he could. The pilot ascended right, and then left, aiming for the CFA as it dove. It quickly freed him of the missile. He had an AIM-9 ready and willing and like Jed he went for an off-boresight shot. The pilot braced himself, dared turn a bit tighter, and released the missile despite the strain of Gs.

"Skull 208, Fox 2...Tsun-Tsun get the other guy if you can!" He called over physics at work.

"Roger that!" Annie replied as she was in an inverted dive.

Annie spotted the other Nostferatu as it was moving low, at the same time Jed's ascent was carrying him too close to what he was hoping would be his kill. He rolled and yanked back the stick, grunting and moaning as he sailed away from the CFA-44. The sky rolled out in front of him. His whole body felt discomfort and joy at the same time. It was like Ivy all over again...son of a bitch he felt alive. Jed wanted to shout but his discipline kept the howls in his throat. He craned his neck and looked for other aircraft...anything at all.

"Skull 206, Fox 2!" He heard Annie shout.

To get the shot, Annie had gone into a Split-S to position herself behind the CFA as it was trying to meet her. Using her HMD, she locked the bandit almost head-on and fired before pushing the throttles forward and aiming for the skies behind the Erusean. The engines gave a more powerful push than her F-16's single powerplant ever could have.

"Prettyboy, hey man talk to me! Skull 2-3 say status!" Rick spoke up.

Nathan looked back as he and the CFA continued down towards the water. He needed to  shake the guy, and it would be easy to at least get him off balance. Prettyboy braced himself and snapped right, going against the flow of the spiral and leaving the CFA still in it. He kept right and started making a wide turn to come around.

"Skull 2-3's engaged...offensive." He reported as he started to get the advantage.

Weapon Loadouts:

Garuda 1

Post by Garuda 1 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 pm

The four Hailstorm Cs continued to approach the Erusians. Aldric informed, "Lynx, our MICAs went stupid. The Erusians must have ECM aircraft in the area."

Charline noted this and replied, "Alright. Azor flight, prepare for another volley. The EW aircraft are well out of our range."

The members of Azor Squadron locked up their next set of targets; which were comprised of Su-43s and a CFA-44C. They got a solid tone and fire their MICA RFs in a second volley.

"Lynx, Fox Three!"

"Panthère, Fox Three!"

"Buse, Fox Three!"

"Condor, Fox Three!"

As they watched their MICA RFs launch and streak off into the distance, they began to wait and pray that they hit their targets.
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:51 pm

"OH CRAP!" The Major exclaimed before making a barrel roll to avoid the incoming missile. 

As he did that Sabrina hit her afterburner and followed. She locked on

Come on you fucker, you fuck, fucky, fucker

"Nedre 2, Fox 2!"

An AAM-5 flew off the rail toward the the attacking SU-43

----------

Note last time I said my characters fired AAM-5 missiles, AAM-5 is a kind of a Japanese AIM-9X I meant AAM-4 which is a active guided missile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:36 am