A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

ACNT Air Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Floodgate)

Cerberus_K18

Re: ACNT Air Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Floodgate)

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Naomi watched as the CFA-44 lanced by her AIM-9X fell back to Earth in a shower flames, smoke, and torn metal. Naomi's eyes stayed affixed to the sight before her as she called her kill.

"Hellhound Two to Wave Runner, splash one!"

Spikes joined in with a celebratory, "Nice work Nomad! Keep that up and you'll be on top in no time!"

Naomi chuckled as she circled back around in a right turn, keeping an eye on her surroundings. "Thanks Three, hostiles appear to be pulling back now." Naomi then thought about her personal life, laughing internally "I know something I'm definitely on top of."

"Appears to be the case, guess they couldn't stand the heat. Ground forces look like they took a beating but are in overall good shape." Victor chimed in as Wave Runner gave the order to stand down.

"Hounds, form on my wing. We're headed home." Erich radioed to his flight, Winters had scored a kill himself and managed to lead his flight into combat with no losses. An impressive accomplishment in the mind of the thirty-year old Captain.

"Wave Runner, Hellhound flight is making an egress for the nearest tanker track." Erich radioed to the E-12 and its operator. The diminutive Taipans peeled off after joining in formation and followed Serpent flight out of the combat zone.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm

When they were finally well past the island and behind the reinforced line of defense, Jed dared to pull off his oxygen mask once he was at an appropriate altitude to do so. He rummaged around until he found a bottle of Pepsi, a habit he'd formed out of the long, boring stints on BARCAP. He found it'd been shaken up quite a bit. Jed grimaced a little and put it away.

"So uh Tsun-Tsun, how much does shore duty suck?" He casually asked when the silence started to become boring.

"Come again, Skull 2-1?" Annie asked, still not in the most pleasant mood.

"How bad is it being a shore-based Navy pilot. Ah mean we're going to Skalski."

"I honestly prefer it; I have privacy."

Jed was tempted to jokingly point out a few bad things about land bases for fun, but he could tell he would only incur the wraith of Annie Chopra. He quickly shut up.

Ready for just a situation, two KC-46s were waiting to the west to pass on fuel to the thirsty fighters. Ryuubi watched as VF-105 and VFA-75 started to split into pairs to join the remaining VF-34 pilots in holding over the island. The 16th Mechanized would be rescued by cargo ships and civilian airliners for the most part, the first of which were supposed to start arriving in an hour and a half.

"All Flights this is Wave Runner, any aircraft requiring fuel may RTB. good job everyone." She radioed.

---------------------------------------MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!------------------------------------------

Debrief: Excellent work everyone. The 16th Mechanized, though damaged, is still a viable fighting force and will be withdrawn to join our defensive line further west. We don't intend the Eruseans to give up any time soon but don't shy away from the praise you've earned for this. With the current odds, we'll need all the friendly forces we can find. Also to our new pilots: welcome to Skalski Air Base. Treat it well, besides being generously loaned to us by the Wiekvalians, it's also your new home for the foreseeable future.

Mission Kill Tallies

Skull 2-1: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu, x1 Su-43BM Strike Berkut

Skull 2-2: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Skull 2-3: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Nerde 1: x2 Su-43BM Strike Berkut

Nerde 2: x2 Su-43 BM Strike Berkut

Nier 1: x2 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Nier 2: x2 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Hellhound 1: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Hellhound 2: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Hellhound 3: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Azor 1: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu, x1 Su-43BM Strike Berkut

Azor 3: x1 Su-43BM Strike Berkut

Azor 4: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Serpent 1: x3 Su-43BM Strike Berkut

Serpent 2: x4 Su-43BM Strike Berkut

Serpent 3: x1 CFA-44C Nosferatu

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Mission Two: The Last Boat From Fristad (Completed, UN Victory)
    November 20, 2045
    Fristad, Southeast Nordlands

Primary Objectives: Provide CAP to evacuation, provide CAS to Nordic forces on the ground
    UPDATE: Femte has been destroyed
    UPDATE: 1st Airborne's Primary Forward Arming And Refueling Point (FARP) has been destroyed
    UPDATE: The ordered has been sounded for a general retreat; All friendly ground forces are withdrawing towards the harbor to consolidate and begin evacuating
    UPDATE: Enemy strike aircraft are withdrawing
    UPDATE: Friendly reinforcements inbound
    UPDATE: All enemy fighters are bugging out, good job
    UPDATE: Friendly reinforcements are on station to relieve; all aircraft may now RTB

Enemy Forces:
    x6 CFA-44C Nosferatus (All aircraft are bugging out)
    x1 E-787 Flight II
    x2 EA-200 Flight III

x8 NH90s
    x8 AH-66B+ Commanches
    x8 Saber M-89AT ATGM carrier
    x23 Valiant M-85S MBT
    x22 Saber M-89 APC
    x8 Minotaur MD-4B Long-Range SAM (Radar Destroyed)

x6 Dagger MD-2C Short-Range SAM/DEW
    x10 Valiant M-97B SPG
    x4 Hurricane M-98A MLRS

x6 Cavalier M-87CV C2

(Not in AO as of now)

x1 F-02B Wyvern
    x12 Su-43BM Strike Berkuts
    x12 Valiant M-85S MBT
    x10 Saber M-89 APC
    x12 Antlion M-89AT Mortar Carrier
    x6 Hurricane M-98A MLRS
    x12 Cavalier M-87CV C2

x2 AH-66B+ Super Commache
    x4 NH90

Last edited by Ronin201 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am; edited 13 times in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Jed leaned forward in his chair as the briefing was reaching its final stages. His mind had been trying to do some adapting since they’d been told they’d be doing CAP alongside the 107th’s detachment here as well as the fourship of F-28s. He was so used to the concept of being able to talk to everyone in the strike or launch cycle and better coordinate face-to-face that not having a third of the CAP here almost made this feel tactically unsound. He remembered that it was common practice in the OAF to do this, though.

Sharky stood at the front of the room, finishing up his explanation of how the bridges would be destroyed.  “Alright, to recap.  Serpents 1 and 2 will release ordnance 250 miles out.  That should keep us away from any of the heavy stuff while we’re still noisy.  Once the JASSMs are gone, we’ll be sneaky again, and will hold in orbit 100 miles out until somebody calls for help.”

Jed looked at the chart of Fristad and made sure he at least had a note of where the strikers would be on his kneeboard for quick reference. He leaned over to Annie so they could compare notes quickly. She seemed to have a small essay after her essential things like frequencies and diverts. He wrote down “Coordinate tactics with us when we gear up if you need to.” And handed it over in Naomi’s direction. They wouldn’t have much time to do it the old fashioned way.

Shamu spoke up, “Now, WSOs.  Or, well, WSO.  Remember, it’s concrete pylons, but a steel truss.  Make SURE the conventional birds are locked on to the PYLONS, not the trusses.  Unless Shady's been lying to me and is secretly Wyatt Earp, hitting the truss with a JASSM isn't gonna do much more than make some pretty fireworks and twisted metal.  Also, we don’t have much in the way of wiggle room here, so make sure we’re not hitting the same targets.  Dash One will be hitting the south three spans and spiking two and a half..  Two, you’ll take north, same spread.”

Shady and Taco nodded, scribbling on their kneeboards.

Shamu continued, “Your second BKEP bird will have to be a reattack, so make sure you spread the initial launches out properly, got it?”

Shady nodded.  "Dash three and four are on SEAD?"

"Plus close CAP.  So congrats, Riley, it's your lucky day."

Jed covered the lower half of his face to avoid showing the small smile. It’d been a long time since he’d gotten to be in a briefing with Sharky or Shamu, and he’d never been in one that’d involved talking combat. Just navigation and a few notes to avoid a mid-air when they did the almost-habitual practice of ACM. When the Rosenthal people were done, Nathan, who’d pretty much taken over leading (alongside Jed) the flying part of VF-34 Det. Skalski, stood up.

“Okay we don’t have a boatload of time but some stuff still needs to be said.” He announced, motioning Jed to join him.

“As a quick retread, we’ll want to CAP at different altitudes to keep as tight a barrier as we can. Captain Winters between your flight and us, I suggest we go higher while you guys go lower. We’ll see if we can convince the F-28s to hold the middle ground.” He began, looking at the F-25 pilots.

Sharky and Shamu stepped aside, listening attentively.

“Better for our Lancer shots, and if the EIAF’s melted together all the tactics they have they could come from any altitude.” Jed added, though he hoped at least more than one person beside him would know this or see the reasoning.

“As Stahl Island showed.” He added. Prettyboy nodded.

Sharky interjected, “One thing you’ll also want to keep in mind.  You’ll have the compulsion to sling your Lancers and Slammers and Anacondas and what have you at max range.  Don’t.  Better to wait a bit after the hot trigger light comes on.  Couple of miles can make the difference between a kill shot and a very expensive bullet.”

Jed pointed at Sharky. “And that, anything we’re missing Prettyboy? Ah mean we got our CAP stations handed to us in the briefing.” He said. Nathan shook his head.

“I’ve got nothing that wouldn’t be obvious and I’m not one for beating dead horses.”

Jed nodded, then his eyes lit up.

“Oh yeah one more thing. Make sure y’all have at least a vague idea of the Nords’ NASAMS and Stings and talk to em. These guys are a step below National Guard; they could be pretty jumpy. If y’all gotta yell at em to stop someone getting a friendly SAM in the ass, yell away.” He warned.

Peaches said with a smirk, “Yeah nothing like a little green on blue to liven up the morning.”

“Okay I think that’s it, CAP we can discuss any specifics we need on our way to get gear.” Prettyboy concluded. He made a mental note to suggest that maybe more of an effort should be made to give time to do that in the briefing room next hop.

“Okay Tsun-Tsun nothing new in terms of our own gameplan. Standard CAP, hard deck to avoid going into a building is 2500 feet...anything to add?” Jed asked as he secured his kneeboard and charts.

“Nothing I can think of. Who has lead?” Annie asked as she tied her hair into a bun.

“Ah’ll do it one more time. Next time Ah want y’all out front.”

“Right.”

Jed lifted up a hand at Sharky and his crew, then turned and nodded at Naomi and her friends. Annie politely nodded and followed the others as they headed for the exit.

“Good luck, y’all.” He said. He didn’t really know what else to say; the concept of joint ops was still very new to him.

Sharky raised a hand to stop Jed.  “Young Jed.”

Jed stopped and walked backed towards the man. “What can Ah do fer y’all, Mr. Sharky?”

“Be careful out there, kid.  Don’t get too close unless you have to.”

“Ah don’t plan on it Mr. Sharky, but don’t worry yerself sick about me. Ah like to think my training at least gave me something resembling a chance. And that some of my dad’s genes are in me.”

Sharky smirked. “You know how I am, Jed. Worrying’s my thing.”

“Yeah Ah know. Anyways see y’all up there Mr. Sharky.” Jed nodded in understanding. He excused himself and walked back to Annie.

“What was that about?” She asked.

“Just him worrying about me.” Jed smiled. Annie looked back and then shrugged as she followed Jed onwards to gear up.

Annie was surprised at that, but she showed no signs of it. Instead she followed along quietly, searching for something to say in light of Jed’s suggestion to strengthen their relationship.

“So how long have you know them?” She asked.

“Since Ah was really, really little.” Jed replied.

“Family friends?”

“Yeah, dad flew with em.”

“They aren’t going to…”

“Play favorites? Naw they’re too professional for that.”

Jed seemed to miss that Annie was trying to show concern, even if in the end she’d been worrying over nothing. You could at least show some appreciation, Jed Walker Annie thought with a brief pout that looked more cute than angry. She didn’t let it affect what was a very standard suiting up, though.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:44 pm

The four pilots of Hellhound flight had taken their seats in the briefing room at Skalski and sat amongst the mixed group of aviators taking in the mission brief for the day, the 107th had been assigned the task of CAP for the operation and would be running cover for the aircraft assigned to provide CAS for the Nordic ground forces vacating the area. Naomi who was seated beside Jed, Annie, and their comrades leaned back in her chair with her legs crossed unless she needed to write down notes on her kneeboards. In the meantime, Erich who smiled softly at Lieutenant Evans who was providing assistance for the briefing spoke up as his name was mentioned.

"I concur. It would be very wise for us to stagger our approach from different altitudes, try not to clump ourselves together either or give the Eruseans an easier time countering us." Erich spoke, his eyes locking with Nathan's as Naomi quietly nodded in agreement, her mind dancing back and forth between their assigned mission and her beloved who was still in high spirits after receiving Naomi and Lucia's gift to him and their rather intimate conversation via Skype. Naomi then glanced down at the note handed over to her from Jed and proceeded to mouth "yes" in his direction before returning to her kneeboards alongside Victor who was absorbed in the briefing.

Gisele then interjected on the topic of engaging with missiles, "Its a good thing that you bring that up sir, I feel like ammunition expenditure isn't exactly something we should be careless with this round. I felt like some of us got a little trigger happy last time."

As the briefing died down and they were dismissed, Naomi and her flight proceeded to exit the room with Erich taking a quick stop to wave back to Jed and co and quickly give his fledgling girlfriend a kiss.

"Don't be stupid up there." Lavina said with another tight hug.

"I'll make sure."

"Good."

The pair mouthed their I love you's to each other and separated. Erich rejoined his comrades in arms who were already out in the hallway and on their way to gear up. Naomi and Gisele talked in the meantime as Erich placed his hand on Victor's shoulder.

"So Dante good?"

Naomi nodded, "Talked to him last night. He got Lulu and I's surprise."

"Ohh really now?" Spikes replied with raised eyebrows as they kept on walking.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 am

Hearing mention of Dante's "surprise," Sharky said to Naomi, "I have no idea what this surprise is, and I probably don't want to, but I'm assuming it involved a large amount of nasal bleeding from our favorite art kid?"

Shamu chuckled.  "Ignorance is bliss, brother.  Ignorance is bliss."

"Yeah, but you know I'm a glutton for punishment."

"This is true.  Or else you wouldn't have married TWO women at once."

"Hey, that has its perks.  Several very perky perks."

"Dude.  We get it.  Irina's hot, and Gale damn near defines the term.  You've been rubbing that in for thirty years."

Sharky laughed and said, "Hey, not my fault you haven't gotten the message yet."

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Naomi giggled then replied to her Uncles, "I'd say its probably for the better that you don't know what it is, but lets say that the reaction was one laden with blood loss and giddiness. Lulu is extremely happy that we did it for him." Which elicited a wild guess from her comrade Victor, "Let me guess. You sent him some provocative materials."

Naomi smirked, "That information is classified Otaku."

"Oh come on, we're all adults here."

Erich rolled his eyes at the younger lieutenants banter, "Come on hounds; get your heads out of the gutter and in the game."

"The Boss is right kiddos, on the ball though I have to admit...I am curious about this now." Gisele spoke as they continued to walk towards the crew ready room.

Naomi in the meantime chimed in on her Uncle Shamu's statement. "You know, my father isn't complaining."
    Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Chart and Riley sat next to Peaches and Speedy, scribbling down notes as they came on their knee boards. Riley grinned at the word SEAD and Chart glanced at him and groaned. 

"Ah shit, here we go again..."

"Whatsa matter Chart, you don't like baiting SAMs and slinging HARMs?" he asked.

"No, I just don't understand why your're so obsessed with it. Aren't SEADs big traditions from the Air Force. Y'know, YGBSM and such?" said Chart, raising her eyebrows.

"Fuck that, NAVAIR does SEAD much better. The Air Force hasn't had any dedicated jammer since 98." responded Riley with a slight wave of his hand.

"Well, we don't have Growlers here." 

"I call this an exception, the Osean military doesn't like to just hand out EW info." 

On the opposite side of the room, Haukka was taking their own set of notes and coordinating their flight plan and crew communication. 

"We'll fly the same mission profile as we have been flying for CAS. We'll be sacrificing a pair of AMRAAMs for JDAMs. Two, you'll have SDBs and Brimstones in place of the JDAMs. And did you get all of that Lahti?" said Karhila. 

Lahti started in her seat and said, "Yessir, I got it all." 

"Good, that will be all then," he said. The plots stood and saluted. Karhila returned the salute and they began chattering among themselves. Karhila pulled Lahti off to the side.

Kneeling donw, he put his hands on her shoulders and said, "Hey, Lahti,I need you, I don't want you to be distracted, try to concentrate on staying alive, even if you are falling for... what's his name?"

"Chis Riley, ex-OMC squadron leader." she said quietly. 

"Ah, well, please, try not to get to attached, you've seen the attrition rate around here. We went from six to two aircraft just last week."

"Ja, ja, I got it. Also, one of the Rosenthal pilots is staring at you."

Karhila stood straightened his back, and glanced at the Rosenthal group. The brown haired one laughed at something the red-head said.

"I hope this doesn't get us killed." he thought to himself.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Shamu snorted, "Yeah, because your dad gets to play.  While I've been watching that crazy redhead since day one."

Sharky said, "Hey, I told you, Irina's PERFECTLY willing to go for a spin."

"Yeah, but Daci isn't.  Even then, I'll pass on your sloppy seconds, bro."

Sharky smirked and said, "You just like complaining, don't you?"

Shamu shrugged. "Yeah, it fills my day."

Noticing Chart and Riley still in their seats, Sharky called out, "Hey, Dash Three!  Let's get moving.  We've got bridges to kill."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:42 pm

"Gotcha boss," said Riley, raising himself out of his seat. "Time to go hunting."

"I'll echo Donovan here, YGBSM." said Chart, also rising. 

The pair joined up with Sharky, Shamu and the rest of the Rosenthal crew.

Not far behind were the Nords, who had fallen in behind the last two PMC pilots to leave the room.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:35 pm

OFS Hicks (LHA-9)
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1040)
    40 Miles off of Fristad

Captain Alexander "Boxman" Bocks, HMLA-311 (The Scouts), watched as red-shirted ordnancemen rearmed his AV-3B Bearcat for another run into "The Stad" as the Marines had quickly named the place. He was getting the same load again: 70mm Hydras with APKWS-IV and AGM-220C Hellhounds (what had come from the Joint Air-to-Ground Missile). He was actually only getting very few new rounds; the Eruseans had only been making probing attacks and they'd yet to see a single enemy bird in the area. A Hellhound into a building here, some Hydras onto a few scout vehicles there.

"Boxman, they're giving us a signal!" His gunner, First Lieutenant A.K. Stoller, radioed. Boxman looked over and acknowledged that he was fully armed and ready to get moving again.

"Hadley, this is Colt 04, request clearance for departure." The Verusean-Osean man radioed.

"Colt 04, Hadley, you're cleared for departure." the LHA's Air Traffic Control replied quickly.

With UV-25 Titans coming in carrying the latest load of wounded NDF troops, Boxman quickly got his tilt-jet attack aircraft off the deck and eased northwards, moving with his wingman Robert Willbahm. Once far enough away he moved the engines so the were pointed horizontally to increase his speed. Almost as soon as they were gone, the Titans began to slow to deliver their payload.

"All aircraft be advised, CAP hand off is due to commence in about 20; keep your heads up." A controller aboard an E-9B Vigilante II radioed to the helicopters and tiltjets. The aircraft on CAP would be informed by another controller inside the jet.

88th Homeland Defense Roadblock
    Downtown Fristad

Vicekorporal Filip Karlsson nervously watched the stream of traffic from behind the concrete barrier. Everything told him that the heavy flow of traffic would become a nightmare if any kind of shooting started here. It made for a good deal of explosive objects (gas tanks) and would make it hard to maneuver, especially for the Lynx they had a few feet away. If the tank destroyer managed to get off more than a few shots, that would be a miracle. Then they'd be down to Panzerfaust 3s and the hope of air support. This was an actual suicide mission, and honest suicide mission...

"Karlsson! Get that van moving!" His Sergeant yelled. He flinched.

"Yes Sergeant!" He stammered out.

He pulled his Ak 5C closer to him and tried his best to look the part of a cool, calm, and collected soldier...but all he could keep thinking about was the hazard the traffic was posing. Selfish as it may be, he was glad he wasn't over in the nearby intersection direction traffic. The young man walked up to a van with an elderly man in it, slapped the side twice with his left hand, and waved the wide-eyed civilian forward.

"Move, now!" He shouted. The old man nodded and jerkily moved his vehicle, which was probably as old as him, down towards the intersection.

EIF King Faust (ASB-11)
    15 Miles off the Coast of Southern Nordlands

Lieutenant Ensio Juvonen, commander of 2nd Platoon, D Company, 18th Naval Infantry Battalion, ran forward towards the NH90 as it sat with its blades whipping away. He kept hunched over as he approached the machine's rear cargo door, mindful of the tail rotor, and hurried in, taking a seat near the front. His platoon was the next to make the trip ashore for the assault, though they wouldn't be landing anywhere near the beach. They would be place ahead of the main force of M-89s and tank-carrying LSTs to start attacking the outskirts of Fristad in earnest.

Junoven's objective was to destroy a roadblock that'd been observed by forward teams and then advance ahead of the main forces, sweeping through residential neighborhoods and defeating resistance so that the heavy machines could have a straight and fast shot for the harbor. He put a hand over his respirator unit as the machine started to take off with half of his platoon inside, accompanied by two RAH-66s that'd been orbiting in wait. Another platoon was being airlifted alongside him. In addition he'd been briefed that they'd have Su-43s on call to help.

Junoven looked at his men, all sitting calmly with their weapons well-oiled and their respirators on. The device that distinguished Naval Infantrymen made them look almost machine-like. Under the mask of his own respirator, the man smiled. It was going to be a busy day around Fristad, and a bad day for the NDF (and the UN for that matter).

Last edited by Ronin201 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am

Skull Flight, 23,000 Feet ASL
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1100)
    50 Miles Southwest of Fristad

"Datalink established with friendly SAMs, sir." AI reported.

"Roger that." Jed nodded. He cleared his throat and keyed his radio.

"Chess, this is Skull Lead, flight of four F-24s checking in. Request bandit dope." He announced.

Inside the cabin of the E-9B running the show over the city, Major Thomas Nelson checked his screen and keyed his boom mike on his headset.

"Roger that Skull Lead...we've got bandits inbound. Heading 010 For 250, Angels 22 for lead group. Count is seven and rising." He radioed.

Another member of the crew, a Captain, then relayed a message to him. The 88th Homeland's NASAMS battery was planning to shoot off all the missiles it had sitting in their launchers before they retreated. The man nodded and went back on the airwaves.

"All flights this is AWACS Chess, be advised we're going to have Femte fire their NASAMS at the incoming bandits to thin them out. All aircraft stay clear of the airspace northeast of the city." Thomas radioed.

"Skull Lead Copies All."

"Katana Lead copies all." The lead pilot of four Osean F-28A Enforcers said quickly thereafter. Jed did some quick math, looking at his charts, and called out to the E-9 again.

"Chess, Skull Lead, Ah'm gonna take my flight over the eastern bridge and establish temporary CAP there at Angels 24." He reported.

"Chess, Katana Lead, we're gonna establish our temporary CAP on either side of the primary evac corridor at Angels 20." The Lead F-28 piped up.

The AWACS did some coordinating before clearing the two flights. Jed, AIM-152s selected and radar set to reach as far as it could, led his fourship over the harbor. He glanced towards the cityscape and then ascended.

"Skull 2-3 and 2-4, establish CAP station ten miles to my east." Jed radioed as he leveled out.

"Skull 2-3 copies all." Prettyboy radioed.

As the two rearward F-24s peeled off, Jed and Annie eased into the airspace over the bridge. Jed peeled off while Annie set up the racetrack pattern. Neither said anything to each other as they did, and to Jed, at least, that was fine. Annie was a little bothered by the silence but pushed through it.

"Skull has established CAP station." Jed reported. He looked around at his other jets.

"Everyone still doing okay?" He asked.

"Skull 2-2, all green."

"Skull 2-3, all green."

"Skull 2-4, all green."

Jed nodded and made one final call.

"Serpent, Skull Lead, be advised we've been forced to establish a temporary CAP above the east bridge. Watch for traffic above Angels 22." He radioed.

Jed started taking in his surroundings more and more. He didn't expect the cityscape to be much of a problem, not unless they were forced to turn and burn way down low. His main concern lay in the number of bandits versus the number of fighters they had on CAP. Needing to be reassured by something, he mentally touched the picture resting inside a zippered pocket inside his flight gear of one Felicia Lorenzo, his on-and-off lover. He had a bit more confidence, though, some of which was personified in two orange stars painted near the left-side canopy rails of his aircraft.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 pm

As they geared up before hopping on the jeep to take them to the flightline, Shamu asked, "So you talk to Gale?"

"No.  Irina and Kayles yes.  Gale no," Sharky said flatly, while experimentally running the slide of his FNX.  

"Still pissed?"

"Yurp."

"She'll come around, man."

"I know.  Just worried about her."

Strapping his survival knife to his ankle, Shamu looked up at Sharky.  "You.  Are worried about HER?"

"Duh."

"You, the man in the middle of a combat zone where our allies are in serious danger of getting overrun, are worried about your wife who is thousands of miles away in possibly the safest city on the planet?"

"Dude.  You KNOW she worries.  Those worries lead to nightmares.  Those nightmares lead to her going batshit."

Shamu frowned.  "Yeah, okay I see your point.  I'm kind of glad Daci's around to help too."

Sharky said matter-of-factly, "You know they're probably going to get freaky."

Shamu nodded.  "It's happened before, not surprised if it were to happen again.  Gale's like a sister to me, dude.  As much as it freaks me out to think of her naked, if Daci can keep her from having a meltdown, or at least help, it's the least I can do."

"I appreciate it, bro."

"Besides.  More time with Gale is less time with the mailman."

Sharky snorted.  "Yeah because DACI is totally going to do that."

"Fuckin' finally.  I've been trying to get you to laugh all day."

Sharky chuckled, "Ever the comedic relief, eh?"

"It's what I'm here for.  Well, that, and to blow the FUCK out of some bridges."

Holstering his FNX and running his hands over his gear to make sure he had everything, Sharky said, "Alright, let's get us some concrete."

"Mmm protein."

Some hours later

Serpent Flight, 30,000 Feet ASL
    Local Time 1100
    265 Miles Southwest of Fristad

"Serpent copies, Skull Lead.  We're at Angels 30."  Shamu added, "Chess, Serpent is at IP.  2 minutes to release."

Serpent 1 and 2 banked slightly left, coming onto their preplanned weapons release heading.  As the "range to release" indicator on the HUD clicked downwards, Shamu and Shady were busy in their seats checking on the JASSMs and making sure that they were set to hit the right targets in the right pattern. 

"Thirty seconds, Sharky."

"Ready."

The clock hit zero.  The "RELEASE" indicator popped up in Sharky's HMD.  Sharky held down the trigger on his sidestick and the four external JASSMs fell free with four muffled thunks.  The bay doors snapped open and the other four fell free.  "Serpent 1, ripple Rifle."

"Serpent 2, ripple rifle."

The moment the JASSMs were gone, the bay doors snapped closed and the external pylons were jettisoned to fall 30,000 feet to the Nordic countryside.

Last edited by shomu1 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:54 pm

After the friendly banter; Naomi and her unit geared up and prepared themselves for the coming mission. Naomi did a brass check on her Seburo MX9 pistol making sure the top round from the 18 round magazine stripped off and fed proper. The sidearm was a personal gift from her father and she pridefully carried the Shimoji made firearm. Next to be checked was her harnesses, helmet, and survival kit which included a Kukri knife that had a separate leg holster. Finally Naomi looked at a picture of her boyfriend and patchwork family that she touched to her forehead. "Wish me luck and I love you." Naomi quietly said to herself as the voice of her Captain rose.

"Hellhounds, lets move it out. Our friends on the ground are in deep and I don't intend on reporting back to base in failure. Keep it tight, be sharp, and look out for each other. Let's hit it." Erich smirked at his crew who had finished their pre flight ritual.

"You got it chief." Spikes said with a grin. "Steak and bake?"

"Bake em and stake em." Erich replied.

"Lead the way sir." Naomi replied, placing the picture of her loved ones in her left breast pocket.

"Let's show them what for and all that hype!" Victor belted out with a high pitch, doing his best to raise their spirits and his own after he put the picture of his girlfriend dressed as Sona from League of Legends inside his helmet.

The crew boarded an Osean JLTV close by and rode to their hangars where their respective aircraft were awaiting them; the ground crew unhooking fuel hoses and doing final checks on armament systems. Nomad drew a sharp breath after her flight dispersed and gave her comrades a wave standing at the foot of her F-25A.

In the interest of Time...

Hellhound flight, 15,000ft. ASL

November 20th, 2045, 1100 (local)

50 miles out from waypoint, Southwest of Fristad, Nordlands

"Chess, Hellhound flight of four F-25A's checking in." Wolf Dog called to the E-9B on station as Naomi confirmed the datalink to the friendly SAM systems.

"Lead, this is Two. Datalink is established."

"Copy Nomad; flight space yourselves out and establish a CAP."

"Spikes roger."

"Otaku copies."

"Nomad, wilco."

The four light fighters started their racetrack pattern and awaited orders. Naomi keyed her mic and contacted Skull lead.

"Skull Lead, this is Hellhound Two. Got anything to share before we make contact?"

Angvir

Post by Angvir on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:57 am

Cerus had sat quiet all throughout the meeting, taking in what Sharky had laid out for the operation ahead and planning accordingly. Currently, the FB-22s were the only ground attack element of the operation, and their priority was to use their heavy ordnance to ensure destruction of the bridges so that the evacuees could be covered and that the Eruseans wouldn't be able to land and assault the harbor with little resistance. The NDF had been bloodied, but by strategically razing parts of the harbor, they could cover their retreat, the evacuation and leave as little of value as they possibly could for the invading forces.

Noel was taking notes on the other hand, committing the details to Rapture's memory and already formulating a battle plan of her own for the pair during their operation. Everyone else had decided on staggering their forces, and so to maximize their approach vector and cover for the Talons, she had placed their final cruise altitude to the city at twenty-one thousand feet, just skimming the cloud cover and free to dip towards cover if they needed to reposition for attack, at least until CAP was completed and they could break off for their individual objectives. In this case, she had Rapture involved real-time, figuring out fuel loads and typing out arguments as to what munitions would be best suited for their mission. Since it was an urban environment with plenty of room for collateral damage that the coalition didn't want, the two bickered back and forth intensely on the tablet while Cerus shook his head, finalizing the debate with one word. 

"Brimstones."

It finally dawned on Noel and she rapidly typed in the suggestion, getting a confirmation from the AI before she requested that the F/A-38As be loaded up with as many of the ground attack missiles as possible. Rubbing her hands together, the redhead grinned wolfishly as a tally of '48' came up between the two Talon aircraft, giving them a strike package to be reckoned with even outside of conventional attack planes. She turned to Cerus, showing her wingman the results before asking him, "Now, one more thing. Sidewinders, or the Anacondas we used last time?"

"With all of those Brimstones, we won't be as nimble. Take the AIM-154s, two each. It'll give us a good launch window despite the external pylons giving us interference."

"Got it, boss~ Two Anacondas for A2A load aaaaaand send!" She tapped, looking back up as the briefing room started to disperse. "Time to go."

He nodded, standing up with her following suite. It took them minutes to gear up, the motion practiced and well-worn, especially after the first day. With nothing more to say and Noel's light humming the only sound between the two other than the click of buckles and the sliding of belts for fit, the two walked out and beelined for the next nearest JLTV, boarding it for the hangars where their Talons were stored.

When they arrived, the ground crew and ammunition personnel were finishing up the final assembly of the jet black Brimstone missiles on their trapeze, the lower weapons bays closing up softly while the visible missiles hung menacingly from their pylons. On the outer pylon of each wing was a single AIM-154 Anaconda, which served them well in their last engagement. The canopies were opened and the ladders deployed, the F/A-38s waiting as steel dragons with wings braced for takeoff. 

Cerus looked at her before giving a smile. "Saddle up."

"Yes sir~!" A playful salute before she sauntered off, climbing up the ladder to her perch. He reached forward, taking a deep breath, and ascended to his chariot's seat.

Hours later, in formation...

Nier Flight, 21,000ft. ASL
    Local time 1100
    50 miles outside of Fristad, southwest

"Nier flight copies, Chess. We'll stay in our current position until the battery fire has cleared."

The two multirole fighters streamed only a thousand feet above the cloud cover, their shadows imposing on the fluffy white surface below. Their munitions looked like rows of dagger sharp teeth, sharks scenting out their prey as the AWACS relayed the current bandit count. Noel was off to his seven o'clock this time, her eyes scanning the radar display. Currently, it showed Skull flight above and to their 10, with Hellhound flight below. With the datalink established and the AWACS radar feed giving Rapture real-time updates, an icon appeared on the screen that was tagged 'Serpent,' at a soaring height of thirty thousand feet and a little over two hundred miles away.

"As soon as we've established air superiority, Nier will establish contact and provide close air support for friendlies on the ground. Advise us if you need us to stand by and assist further with suppression of enemy air forces before releasing," Cerus called before switching his direction to Noel, "Set up CAP pattern and wait. I have a feeling we might be receiving quite a party..."

"Wilco."

With little more, Noel's Talon peeled off a little and banked to establish the racetrack, the two multirole craft waiting for the barest hint of incursion before they could go weapons free.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Jed, after acknowledging where the Rosenthal FB-22s would be, heard Naomi's request and looked down at his radar display.

"AI, can y'all ID contacts?" He asked. As the machine responded obediently, Jed decided to be a smartass as he was given IDs (if AI came through).

"Well Hellhound 2 Ah have to say my eggs this morning were too runny, my room smells stale and the weather's too cold...but on to more important things. We've got about nine inbound...looks like Wyverns." He radioed.

"Skull Lead, do you have eyes on any Sakerfalcons?" Annie spoke up after a minute.

"Negative, Skull 2-2...no SEAD..." Jed noted.

His mind saw where she was going immediately and the young Bronco Walker started running through the options. Normally the Eruseans did send in fighters or strike jets carrying anti-radar missiles. They had to know there were SAMs and jamming alone wouldn't help. What was there...what was there...

"...Chess, we know if that landing force has a King-class with it?" He asked on a hunch. The reply took a minute.

"That's affirmative Skull Lead, latest intel says they should have one with them."

"Roger...Chess suggest you get the word to Femte, have them abandon their launchers now. We most likely have Vampires inbound to hit em. All aircraft be advised possible enemy cruise missiles inbound; watch for radar contacts at low level matching profile." Jed replied. 

"We'll advise them, Skull." the AWACS replied. Taking note of Sharky's altitude and the fact that he'd be dropping from far away, Jed then focused his attention in on Annie.

"Tsun-Tsun, drop to Angels 10 and call out anything that looks like a Vampire."

"Roger that, Bronco."

Annie broke out from the CAP pattern and dove down to 10,000 feet to reestablish her patrol.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Serpent Flight 30,000 ASL
    Local Time 1101
    266 Miles SW of Fristad

"Chart, anything broadcasting?" asked Riley from the front cockpit. 

"Negative, nothing new." said Chart, glancing at her RWR. 

"Fuck, it is WAAAAY to quiet down there. Something's gotta be up." he said, adjusting his mask.

"Yeah, I don't like it...Datalink is up by the way, no eating friendly SAMs now." responded Chart

"Got it," said Riley. 

Chart turned back to her radios, and switching frequencies, she checked in with the AWACS and received the same dope as the Navy fighters had. 

Scribbling down the position on her kneeboard, she said, "Rosemary, keep an eye on their heading and direction for me, alert me if we get picked up."

"Of course ma'm," came the on board AI's reply. 

Noticing AWACS's report, Riley checked his radar. "This is some Broken Arrow shit right here," he remarked. "Rosemary, see if you can't pick up those cruise missiles."

Haukka Flight, FL 270, 27000 Ft AGL
    Local Time 1101  
    130 miles SW of Fristad

"Haukka 1-1, flight of two F/A-64s on station, ready for tasking." said Nahri. Rolling slightly left, he looked down on the burning city. "Ordnance is as follows, two GBU-32s, four GBU-53s and 4 Brimstones plus gun."

"Roger!" came the relived JTACs voice. 

In the back seat, Lahti pressed a few buttons and then smiled. "We are coordinated with the SAMs," 

"Roger that, keep an eye on those bandits" said Nahri, checking his scope. The big fighters stayed in their gentle arc, their nose mounted EOTS pods scanning the ground below them. The cloud layer made it difficult to keep a constant watch on the ground.

"Haukka, descending to flight level 190." Said Riley, nudging the nose down. Popping out from above the cloud deck, the Phantoms could now better see the ground.

Last edited by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:02 am

Femte Battery
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1105)
    Northeast Fristad

"Seven bandits inbound, Heading 020 at 320 kilometers. They are at 7600 Meters altitude." One of the radar operators reported stoically.

Inside the command trailer of the Nodic NASAMS-3 battery, orders and commands were furiously being punched in and fed to the launchers to intercept the incoming F-02s. 

"Femte this is AWACS Chess, be advised Erusean ships may have fire cruise missiles your way. Advise you evacuate your launchers if you pick up any high-speed targets at low-altitude." An Osean-sounding voice said over the airwaves.

"Understood Chess, we'll be aware." The man in charge replied. 

As a preemptive measure he put the advice into action by ordering the personnel around the launchers themselves to evacuate. He would strip it down to the point only the minimal number of people needed to shoot the missiles would be at their stations.

"Sir we have the first wave of enemy aircraft locked." a radar operator announced.

"Fire when ready." The officer ordered.

After a button press, several missiles exploded from their boxes on the back of their transports, screaming out of the suburban sprawl and towards the Erusean Wyverns cruising in. The second, and last, salvo was prepared when one of the radar operators spoke up. Their voice suggested said matter was urgent.

"I'm getting spotty radar returns at low altitude. Three so fa-"

At about that instant, the first of seven DKR-2101 cruise missiles impacted the battery. The weapons, armed with standard high-explosive warheads, sent parts of the unarmored SAM launchers, radar trucks and command trailer tumbling into parked cars, across lawns and through fences.

Up above, the F-02s dealt with the SAMs that'd been launched at them, breaking up the formation and coordinating who would go where to avoid collisions. More F-02s, bringing the total to twelve, were also inbound. Despite the fact that Femt had ceased to exist, her efforts weren't in vain. Two F-02s took light damage as they evaded the salvo, and two were downed. One hadn't made his manuvers violent enough and found his rear quarter blown off as he dove for the buildings below. The second had simply gotten too caught up in trying not to collide with someone else.

Much further back was the main force, a flight of Su-43s under escort by CFA-44s. They were being held in reserve for now, when the Wyverns gained control of the air. The Su-43s would also be on call to support the first wave of armor heading for Fristad. The Naval Infantry who'd been skirmishing with Nordic Homeland defense throughout the morning were due to be relieved within the hour.

Insertion Zone Three
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time 1107)
    Northeastern Fristad

Junoven followed his men out of the NH90 as it made a quick landing on the four-lane highway that acted as the drop-off for fresh troops. From here they would proceed southwest to begin their sweep. Off in the distance he saw a pair of AH-66s (NH-2A as per local designation) rush over some buildings, wings heavy with ordnance. The man pumped a fist at the invigorating sight and ran forward to get his troops moving.

88th Homeland Defense Roadblock
    November 20, 2045 (Local time: 1107)
    Northern Fristad

Sergeant Gerda Olsen flinched as the retreating Lynx that was supporting her and another squad was overwhelmed by M92 anti-tank rockets, resulting in its resting place being just short of the intersection. She peeked around the corner of the building she was behind and saw multiple Eruseans running forward towards new pieces of cover. The NDF reservist brought her Ak 5 to bear and fired on a group moving towards and overturned tow truck, catching two. An Erusean LMG opened up from somewhere, forcing her back into cover. One of the woman's own grenadier's, in a prone position, fired a few shots around the corner.

"This is Andra 3-3, we are pinned down near our roadblock and have lost our Lynx. Is any support available?" She asked as the rest of her squad took over exchanging fire with the Eruseans. There was a long pause before the company's command post said anything.

"Andra 3-3 this is Andra 6, we have air support inbound callsign Haukka. Standby to relay your targets."

"Understood." She replied.

Forsta 5-2, Lynx A3
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1109)
    Northern Fristad

"Loaded!"

"On the way!"

The 105mm gun on the tank destroyer rocked the entire machine as it engaged the Erusean infantry inside a McDonalds. 1:e Sergeant Finn Hustad watched with satisfaction as part of the eatery collapsed, most likely ensuring the invaders were dead.

"Driver, maneuver! Forsta 5-3 and 5-4 shift your positions as well!" He ordered, effortlessly shifting between commanding his own machine and one of the other two remaining in the platoon.

Without anything more than acknowledgments, the other two Lynxes nearby maneuvered to new firing positions further back near a highway offramp. Hustad heard the crack of one of their guns and rotated the turret until he saw a Saber APC burning, its ATGM launcher barely recognizable from the catastrophic hit.

"Who hit that APC?" He radioed.

"Fortsa 5-4, Sergeant!" their youngest vehicle commander radioed.

"Second APC spotted, Fortsa 5-3 is engaging." The other vehicle in the platoon radioed.

With the crack of a 105mm cannon, said second APC was also dispatched, but the presence of Erusean vehicles told Hustad all he needed to know.

"This is Fortsa 5-2, requesting close air support! I have encountered enemy light armor!" He radioed. He went on to transmit his position when acknowledged.

Indeed what the man had stumbled upon was the very tip of the Eruseans' left flank. Ahead of two companies of M-85 tanks and MD-2 anti-aircraft platforms screening for a battalion of M-89s APCs were several M-89 ATGM carriers looking to flush out the Lynxes and Stingrays from their roadbloacks alongside the AH-66s skulking low above the city. Hustad's men had encountered a force of six and stopped two of them. The rest had halted temporarily, retreating under the cover of smoke from their launchers.

Harbor Bridges
    November 20. 2045 (Local Time: 1110)
    Southern Fristad

The calm over the coastal edge of the city was broken by a violent roar, materialized in the explosions of Serpent Flight's JASSMs. The bridges, devoid of anything but a few bird, shuddered. After a brief pause pieces began to fall away nearest the impacts, splashing down into the frigid water bellow. refugees on boats and evacuation aircraft watched as the structures almost looked like they were guards falling. Only the old were truly offended; the bridge had been the city's pride. The younger ones were more perplexed than anything else. Why had they been bombed? Were there Eruseans on them? The jets circling above offered no answer, only the suggestion that it might've been them.

KILLS THIS ROUND

Femte has killed two F-02Bs

Lynx 5-3 has killed an M-89AT Saber

Lynx 5-4 has killed an M-89AT Saber

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:40 pm

From their orbit 100 miles away from the city, Shamu and Shady had a clear view of the bridges falling through their EOTS, which just confirmed the images the JASSMs had transmitted in their last few moments of life.  "Chess, Serpent 1.  Bridges are down.  Holding 100 south of the city waiting for tasking."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 pm

The E-9 got to work assigning CAS; The CAPs could easily work amongst themselves without a fifth wheel butting in.

"Serpent this is Chess, we're gonna send you and your SEAD element north to start picking away the medium-ranged SAMs and arty there. We're gonna have a coupla Bearcats, callsign Colt 03 and 04, give you extra eyes. Advise you go around the city from the west to avoid any bandits. Priority targets are MLRS batteries, how copy?" Nelson said as fast and as clear as he could when Sharky reached out to the platform. With that taken care of he moved on to Nier, still waiting for Haukka to get in contact with Andra.

"Nier, we've got tasking for you. Got some Lynxes, callsign Forsta 5, that have made contact with lead elements of an Erusean armored force of unknown size. Establish contact to determine situation, how copy? And be heads up for bandits in the area."

In the meantime the fighters got to work in the wake of Femte's jab at the incoming EIAF.

"Katana, Hellhound...Skull is going for easternmost group of bandits." Jed radioed as he turned up the hot leg of his CAP.

"Roger that, Katana will go high and engage the second group of bandits." the lead F-28 radioed, referring to the CFA-44s and Su-43s. Jed selected his AIM-152s and set up his radar accordingly

"Streetfighter, Prettyboy, reform on us...Tsun-Tsun..." He went on, using callsigns to shorten things a little.

"Forming on you, Bronco." Annie said.

Jed worked the rudder pedals and made his move northwards slow so the others could get back on him. He called for a wall formation; Annie settled off to his left while Streetfighter and Prettyboy were on the right. The four Hellcats pushed into full military power and screamed over the office buildings and factories below, Titans, Dragonflies, Kestrels and Hornets hurrying to safety with "bellies" full of evacuees.

Annie felt a little more than unsure of this kind of approach. The Osean Navy seemed to take it with any intercept, training or not; run straight at them and then start firing. No wonder they were thought crazy by everyone else. She looked down at her radar and then noted as her HMD told her she was targeting an F-02. So far five jets had drifted towards them.

"Max Weapons Range." Her AI noted for her. Annie waited as they'd discussed in the briefing, but she also kept in mind the RWR was chirping.

"AI, Chaff." she ordered.

As the system released countermeasures, her opponent was doing the same. Her systems automatically tried to burn through the facade and detect what was really an F-02 Wyvern and what was fake.

"Enemy ECM signal detected and intensifying. Advise weapons launch now." AI intoned. Annie agreed without word.

"Skull 2-2, Fox 3 Fox 3." She announced. Jed flinched as he heard her fire; she knew he was supposed to shoot first. It was procedure mixed with a little bit of safety (shooting in a jumbled order could cause confusion and lead to bad things). He was a little annoyed but Bronco kept his head. Follow through and attack; don't worry about ROE...

"Skull 2-1, Fox 3 Fox 3." He announced with two pushes of his right thumb. Following that he did away with his tanks; the others followed as their missiles went off.

"Streetfighter, Prettyboy, break high left and press! Tsun-Tsun, with me!" Jed ordered.

Jed went low and right keeping up his speed. Annie was with him all the way as they screamed down to 12,000 feet and then snapped back to the left. Streefighter and Prettyboy had gone about 2000 feet above the altitude most of the F-02s were at and were diving down, inverted. Jed and Annie were making a long, fast bank to the left, mimicking a boxer's right cross. Jed wasted no time in getting a third shot at his opponents. To make up for lack of time he let AI do the work for one of his AIM-120 AMRAAMs.

"Skull 2-1, Fox 3!" He called. Annie saw the missile come off clean and streak away. She could hear in his voice he was getting fired up, alert and alive. She followed the shot and decided to add to the barrage, also going for a shortcut via AI.

"Skull 2-2, Fox 3!"

Weapon Loadouts:

Angvir

Post by Angvir on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:10 am

"The entire battery's been hit..." Noel's voice said softly, watching as the friendlies disappeared on radar before they could even get down in an attempt to curb the torrent of cruise missiles launched from the Erusean supercruiser out at sea. She pursed her lips slightly before taking a deep breath, starting to loop back on Cerus' six o'clock. "Nothing much left now. They can run with impunity. At the very least, they managed to shake the incoming peons up."

Cerus had watched the radar display too, the blue icons blinking out one by one, though thankfully there were no cries over the radio. Whatever the commanding officer of the Femte SAM battery did, he had probably saved a lot more lives. There was not much else to do at this point. Before he managed to ping the AWACS for his next job assignment as he heard calls over the UHF for fire support, Chess had already read his mind and relayed instructions.

"Hard copy, Chess. Check-in with Forsta 5, provide close air support for friendlies against Erusean armored threat. Berserker, up. Follow me." The Talon's nose dipped low and he pushed the throttle a little to gain a quick drop on his altitude. Luckily they still had their Anacondas, so while they weren't suited for close-range air to air combat, they could oppose any threat at range long enough to get a routine set up to fight back. Noel's Talon followed soon after, the two multirole aircraft dropping through the cloud cover and screeching through the air towards the city. Already, he could see plumes of smoke rising from the city blocks while the Talons burned towards the engagement zone, their AESAs lighting up with contacts as they began to enter the fray. Cerus and Noel kept well above the skyline, their EOTS taking in as much information as it could while Rapture processed the data, catching sight of the friendly Lynxes of Forsta 5. The structure of the metropolis was going to make it difficult to perform attack runs without exposing themselves, but there was precious little they could do. The SAMs of the enemy force would have a hard time launching effectively as well, so long as they made use of the buildings to mask their assault.

He keyed the radio, keeping to the edge until he got confirmation. "Forsta 5, this is Nier 1, callsign Templar, and Nier 2, callsign Berserker. We're in your AO. If you have any priority targets, designate them first. Otherwise, we'll start pounding away at their last known position and any we catch on scope. Copy?"
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:00 pm

As Sharky and Taco banked their FB-22s left to proceed west of the city, Shamu radioed, "Roger that.  Colt 03, 04, Serpent 1.  You guys got targets for us?"  While he waited for a reply, he sought out the MLRS batteries using a combination of the EOTS and the synthetic aperture mode on Night Witch's radar, with Cortana helping him identify the targets even though he was 100 miles away.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:20 pm

"Rosemary, start pulling signals, I want to know what radars we got down there." said Riley, flipping the switch to switch the mode of his Anacondas. Entering burner, he followed above and behind the larger delta wing fighters. 

"I've found a nasty surprise for you, I have IR signals popping up. Standby." said Rosemary. "Minotaurs, PESA Radar, high ECM immunity, missiles have a top speed of around Mach 4. Sadly, taking out the radar won't make the missiles go dumb. They have a 3 second re-aqiurement time.  

"Got it, send the info to my tablet." said Riley. "I'll have to dump CBUs on the sights to take them out permanently."

"Andra 3-3, Haukka, on station, ordnance is as follows, Two GBU-32s, four Brimstones, four GBU-53s." said Lahti. "Ready for your targets!"

Last edited by Phantomphanatic10 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:32 pm

"Copy Skull lead, hope for a better dinner when we get wheels down. Lets get to work." Naomi replied as she turned in sync with her wingmen on the fourth "turn" of their racetrack. The CAP's now began to get their first hits of the day after the recently hit Nord SAM's thinned their numbers out.

"Can't do much now for the ground but do our jobs. Katana we'll move to engage the bandit group closest to us. Hounds. Prep your countermeasures and AMRAAM's." Wolf Dog radioed from the lead F-25A, ordering his AI to feed him targeting data and ready chaff.

"Time to mix it up then." Otaku called from his trailing position as he and Spikes broke off to engage from the right flank while Naomi and Erich raised altitude and split left. "Otaku, watch my back."

"Wilco."

"Spikey, select AIM-120 and target the nearest bandit in the group to my current position." Naomi spoke as she focused on what she needed to do. Naomi's first target came up; striker or fighter it didn't matter. She needed to bring it down or force it to think twice about attacking.

The AI replied with a calm, "Working."

The four aircraft picked their targets individually and began their attack from their differing angles, making sure that they got a solid lock before firing.

"Hellhound One, Fox Three!"

"Hellhound Two, Fox Three!"

"Hellhound Three, Fox Three, Fox Three!"

"Hellhound Four Fox Three!"

The missiles ripped away from the Air Force Taipans as their rocket engines kicked in, bringing the projectiles up to Mach Four while the fighters made their evasive maneuvers, chaff trailing in their wake.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Raven Flight
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1111)
    Over Northern Fristad

The ten remaining F-02s found it a good time to call for backup as Katana, Hellhound and Skull subjected them to what Femte's attack could've been. The squadron's CO, still alive, called for the CFA-44s of the 89th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, the Sabertooths, to join them. Though two of the pilots in his own flight of four were down, he chose a group of bandits to go after and went for the last known position of the F-28s. The Enforcers could hide on radar, he reasoned, but they couldn't hide visually.

Raven E2-1 and her fourship had gone for Skull, while Raven E3-1 charged towards Hellhound. Two jets went high to avoid the AMRAAMs from Spikes and Otaku, having avoided any major damage. They deployed chaff in intervals, relied on the ECM from the EA-200s, and waited for the missiles to get closer, where their speed and the Wyverns' maneuverability advantage against the weapons could be exploited. Their switchblade-like wings extended as they slowed and bled speed to stay alive before retracting back to a more conventional shape.

The other two jets, forced down low towards the cityscape, hadn't done as well. Naomi's second kill exploded and was thrown across a few blocks while her flight lead caught his kill in a high left turn. The remaining F-02s fired their eight (four apiece) AP-13s at the Hellhounds, using the counterbarrage to try and buy some time. They kept high to avoid the trap the cityscape bellow was becoming. At the same time, though, they didn't go too high lest they get drawn into the fight with the F-28s as well and be sandwiched.

In the meantime the missiles from Jed's flight had also done their share of damage with their first few missiles. Jed's second Lancer shot hit Raven E2-1 in the right wing as she snaked around the first AIM-152 he'd lobbed at her. Her wingman, who'd gone over the wreckage and deployed chaff to defeat Annie's initial shot, was caught as he dove by the second. The other two jets pulled out all the stops to avoid everything that'd been shot at them. ECM, chaff, maneuvers, everything was employed. 

One of the pilots got a chance, though, and fired two AP-13s at Jed. The jets then deployed one last chaff burst before ducking away violently. They ended up pointed away from Skull at first, heading northeast out of the city. The jets split and turned to face the Oseans and shoot. In the meantime Streetfighter, Annie and Prettyboy came under fire from two AP-13s each, from the Nosferatus it was revealed. The "fun" was just beginning...

Andra 3-3
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1112)
    Northern Fristad

Olsen smiled as she heard the voice of Haukka's lead pilot.

"Andra 3-3 Actual here, everyone have their strobes on?" She asked as she shot an Erusean who'd exposed himself to shoot for too long. The collective answer was "yes". She took cover, reloaded, and then peeked around the corner. Her first target would be the origin of a good few of those M92s.

"Haukka, target is a-"

As the woman peeked back around the corner she'd just shot at and spotted two AH-66s approaching. The infantry could wait; those would break them fast if they didn't act.

"Haukka Lead, we have two enemy helos approaching our position! Engage those first!" She corrected. The woman looked around.

"Kristof! Get your LAW ready!" She barked, preparing for the event that they couldn't get immediate help against the helos. That became more apparent as the sound of one of the Commanches' Gatlings chattered away, forcing everyone into cover. Olsen's LMG gunner fired some shots in vain at the machine as it passed overhead.

Forsta 5-2
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time 1113)
    Northern Fristad

"Nier this is Forsta 5-2, we do not have a visual of any enemy forces but we believe there to be several on the highway near our position." Hustad reported.

Up on the highway the Erusean scouts had deployed part of their force to call in artillery from a battery of M-97s that'd just set up. The surviving two M-89 ATGMs had taken cover near another offramp that allowed them to have a sort-of hull-down position on the side of the road. gunners on the M-89s manned their heavy machine guns, waiting for the Nords to appear. The main force was near the outskirts of the city, and the plan had been to break through the general line of the roadblocks before going into the streets below. Not do so where they all were.

Two men from one of the machine had run forward to play artillery observer. They relayed the positions of at least two Lynxes to the M-97s' command post via their mother vehicle, which then sent the coordinates to the guns so they could fire GPS-guided shells on the tank destroyers. In rapid succession, the guns let out ferocious reports and sent their shells on the way. 

Hustad maneuvered his vehicles when the whistling of shells neared, but that was too late a time to do so. Now it was just him and one disabled Forsta 5-4.

Colt 03
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1113)
    Downtown Fristad

Captain Robert "Bam Bam" Willbahm kept his AV-3 steady while his gunner, Major "Mecha" McNichol, watched the terrain out beyond the city. The 88th's only two counter battery radars were positioned to protect the biggest FARP 1st Airborne had, and that meant there was only so much coverage. The two AV-3 crews were hanging around the tops of two of the tallest buildings in the city to have some kind of cover while they looked. Since their targets were likely to be so far away, too far to feasibly lase, they'd be relaying location by passing coordinates.

"I've got rocket flashes." McNichol reported. Willbahm squinted his eyes and saw the multiple smoke trails and rocket motors that distinguished an MLRS.

"Rog...Serpent Lead we've got a fix on those rockets. Standby for datalink." Willbahm radioed, only making them wait because he had to get the exact location.

In both a good and bad way the counter battery radars became of some use. the MLRS battery had fired on the FARP, which was able to detect the incoming rounds but do little more than transmit where they'd likely come from. It helped narrow down what Colt had started, but it would be the last thing the radar crew would do. 

At the same time Boxman and AK in Colt 04 noted several more smoke trails going up. the MD-4 battery had gotten in on the action, and had fired a great deal of its first "magazine". Twenty-four missiles from the three quads of missile launchers, all being fed from one central command setup that'd been placed atop a hill to get the best radar picture possible. They'd targeted the aircraft uncommitted to the air battle, which translated to Nier, Serpent, and Haukka.

"Can you get any of those things' posits?" Boxman asked his gunner.

"I'm trying but there's a damn good few of em, sir!" The frontseater replied, amazed at just how much ordnance was being expended.

It was about this time that the first rockets, 220mm, landed on the NDF helicopters that were being refueled and rearmed. The results weren't pretty but the Eruseans weren't out to make the place look pretty. They were concerned about destroying the helicopters there and the rockets had fit the bill in a place they were otherwise ill-suited to be used.

KILLS THIS ROUND

Hellhound 1 has killed an F-02B

Hellhound 2 has killed an F-02B

Skull 2-1 has killed an F-02B

Skull 2-2 has killed an F-02B

Last edited by Ronin201 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 pm