A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

ACNT Ground Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Running Man)

Ronin201

ACNT Ground Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Running Man)

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:52 pm

"Cobra 2-1"
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 0945)
    Near Highway 18, Southern Nordlands

"2-1 Actual, 2-3 Actual, we're set up, sur."

"2-4 Actual is also in position, sir."

1st Lieutenant Kousuke Junpo, commander of 2nd Platoon, Charlie Company, 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, gripped the sides of his cupola tighter and adjusted his boom mike.

"Roger that 2-3, 2-4, 2-1 and 2-2 are enroute at this time. Moving through the tunnel now. Meet me along with the rest of our friends near the entrance." He replied.

Kousuke adjusted a little and watched the sides of the tunnel flash by as he and his Platoon Sergeant, Johann Chetty, rode to the opposite side in their M122A1 Stingary recon vehicles. Kousuke was, quite frankly, not enthused with his mission. His job and that of his platoon was to perform recon. In wartime they moved ahead quickly and silently, spotted the enemy, and avoided all but the lightest of fights. They could fight, but against forces that were equipped with less than them. Guerrillas, other scouts, even the paratroopers that were reported to be landing in Nordlands they could handle. Mechanized forces with tanks and IFVs, though...

But everyone was needed, and the rest of II MEF was still being placed about to fight properly. So for now his four LAVs and 26 Marines would be fighting it like a bunch of standard riflemen. The Lieutenant turned around in his cupola as the driver, Lance Corporal Gabriel Levy, slowed the vehicle and pulled it to the side of the road near the entrance. Johann's vehicle moved further along, turning off the road and moving towards patches of trees, amongst which the teams under Sergeants Lewis LeBoue and Esteban Perez. The Staff Sergeant got off to join the meeting, and the two other men were hurrying to make the strategy meeting.

Kousuke swapped his CVC helmet for his MIPS combat helmet. He brought his lower half out from the cupola and reached back in to grab his M41A1 assault rifle. He already had his combat vest close at hand, accepting the tighter fit it made for in the Stingray in exchange for readiness in a fight. He hustled to meet Johann as the South African-borne Staff Sergeant adjusted his own helmet and the two exchanged salutes.

"Morning Luitenant. Have I mentioned today that this blerry weather sucks?" the red-faced Johann nodded in his recognizably Afrikaner accent.

"Morning Staff Sergeant. And yes, you did at breakfast." Kousuke noted, scratching his forehead. The two looked over as a pair of men dressed in similar garb approached. Johann cocked a brow as the stocky LeBoue had his sleeves rolled up.

"Morning Crawfish, Harmonica." Kousuke said as his two team leaders saluted him.

"So what's the word, Sur? Anything new or are we still sitting here playin traffic cops?" Lewis asked as he pulled the extendable stock of his M41A2 carbine out to its full length.

Kousuke sympathized with Lewis; the Emmerian-Osean had joined the LAR community to do recon, not sit in defensive positions and guide refugees down highways. He looked down at his wrist computer and tapped it a few times.

"We're gonna see, Crawfish. First we need to converse with our coalition brethren. Speaking of which..." He replied.

Before Kousuke could turn around, a young man in the most bare-bones of combat loadouts hurried up and offered a hasty salute as he tried to keep his Benelli M4 from slapping against him too many times. "Yak", as he was known, was the platoon translator; a Nordic policeman who apparently had really shaggy hair at one point (hence the moniker) but now kept it short. He looked to be about twenty.

"Reporting, Lieutenant Junpo." He said, out of breath. Kousuke nodded.

"Very well, then let's go."

"Oui." Lewis grinned, taking off his helmet to itch under the few curls at the front of his tar-colored haircut.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Re: ACNT Ground Campaign, Part 1 (Operation Running Man)

Post by shomu1 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 am

November 20, 2045 (Local time 0945)

The air was silent except for the low rumble of diesel engines and wind whistling through the snow-laden branches of the pines.  Standing in the commander’s hatch of his M1128A4 Mobile Gun System, Josh Sullivan said under his breath, “It’s quiet… TOO quiet…” before laughing at the cliche.  The Newport native looked around at the swaying pine trees for a minute, taking in the pretty scenery, before dropping down into the turret.  

Taking a seat, he glanced at the picture of his girlfriend, Meena, that he had taped up next to the screen for the commander’s thermal sight.  The busty Isari-Osean wore nothing but a seductive grin, her only modesty coming from a strategically placed oversized strawberry.  Josh smirked as he remembered the events following the taking of the picture, pleasantly reminiscing about his farewell to the short dancer (and the mind-blowing sex that came before it).  After finishing his quick mental vacation, he keyed the radio, speaking into the mic.  “Greyhounds, say status.”

“1-2’s up.”

“1-3’s in position.”

“1-4 set.”

“Excellent.  Commanders, meet me by 1-4.  Time to go meet the neighbors.  Oh, and 1-4 Actual, bring Goalie.”

“Copy that.”

Josh reached over and tapped his gunner, who was taking a quick nap after the long drive from their landing zone further south, to wake him up.  “Andy.”

“Sir?”

“I’m going for a walk.  Track’s yours while I’m gone.  Don’t do anything TOO crazy, got it?”

Andy Holland chuckled, “Got it, boss.”

Josh swapped out his Advanced Tactical Communications Helmet for his Sentry helmet and grabbed his SCAR-L PDW from behind his seat, pulled up his scarf to protect against the brisk wind, and climbed out of the Stryker, jumping off the side into the snow.  After taking a moment to ensure none of his gear had gotten dislodged in his dismount, he began the trek towards Greyhound 1-4, his boots crunching in the snow.  As he passed the second MGS in the unit, he was joined by Tomasz Zelazny, the commander of Greyhound 1-2.  “Morning, Laz.”

The big former Cavalry Scout said in his gravelly voice, “Morning.”

“Enjoying the weather?”

“Can’t complain.  Although I’m surprised you’re wearing pants instead of your usual.”

Josh chuckled as they passed Greyhound 1-3, the unit’s M1134, and said, “We’re on business, Laz.  Shorts time is for fun time.”

Zelazny simply smirked in amusement.  

Francois Richard, the commander of Greyhound 1-3, said, “Ze boss has impeccable shorts discipline.”

“Damn straight, Franky.  Damn straight.  So tell me.  You know any of these Emmerians we’re supposed to be working with?”

Francois shook his head.  “Zey were after my time.”

“Yeah makes sense.  I probably don’t know any of these Devil Dogs either.  Granted they’re LAR and I was armor so I probably wouldn’t know them ANYWAY, but still.”  Finally the group reached Greyhound 1-4, which sat with the ramp open, flanked by a tall blonde man and a rather squat brown-skinned woman.  Even from ten feet away it was obvious that the woman wore a deep scowl.  An amused grin on his face, Josh walked up to the Bushmaster-armed Stryker and said jovially, “Morning, Ronnie.  Enjoying this snowy paradise?”

Veronica Diaz, the commander of Greyhound 1-4, growled, “All due respect, boss, fuck off.”

Josh laughed.  “Oh come on, it’s not THAT bad.”

“Are you kidding?  I’m fucking freezing my ass off over here!  And that lunatic Ely drives with the goddamn hatch open!”

From the interior of the Stryker, the voice of Ely Ben-David could be heard. “Hey, I heard that!  Not my fault you keep the heater up so high I melt!”

Veronica shot back, “YOU’RE FROM THE DESERT!”

“Exactly!  I’ve had enough of heat!”

Deciding it was time to stop the two before Veronica and Ely got into another one of their patented shouting matches, Josh said, “Alright, alright, calm down, Ronnie.  We DO have work to do.”

Veronica nodded sharply.  “Right.”

“Goalie, ready to translate?”

Olli Mattaa, the platoon’s interpreter, nodded.  “Ja, boss.”

“Good.  Frankie, I’m gonna need you to keep an ear on those Emmerians too, make sure they’re not saying anything rude.”

Francois nodded.  “Oui oui, monsieur.”

“Excellent.  Any questions?”

Zelazny asked, “So is it just the Marines and the Frogs?”

Josh nodded.  “According to the Tracker, Cobra 2 just got in position.  Emmerians are still moving up.”

“Got it.”

Francois raised a hand.  “So… What is it zat we are doing ‘ere, exactly?”

“To my knowledge, holding this tunnel and helping refugees move south.”

“Understood.”

“Any other questions?”

The assembled vehicle commanders and Goalie shook their heads.

Josh clapped his hands together.  “Excellent.  Let’s go meet the neighbors.”

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Tikka exited the command tent, affixing his green knit cap to his head. His Ak-7 hung by its sling, and his helmet was attached to his vest by its strap. Noting the new Osean arrivals, he quickly gave his squad leaders an update before heading over to meet the just arrived platoon leaders. The harsh wind was almost nothing to the big man, and he simply adjusted his jacket's collar as he walked past his four M122s. 

"God Morgen, Sergeant," called a voice from the AT track. The talking head was that of Korporal Felix Lutz, who had been making sure the CROWS style turret was functioning. 

"God Morgen, seems like the coalition has arrived." said Tikka with a casual wave.

"We'll need all the god damn help we can get after what we faced out there over the past days." said the brown haired man. 

Tikka grinned wryly and took his leave, passing another group of soldiers, one stopped him.

"Sersjant, would you like some coffee?" asked the soldier, Privat Bernt Olsen.

"Much appreciated Sangfugl, give me two, I need Korporal Hansen, have you seen her?" he said

"Ja, she's should be in the track." 

Approaching the white vehicle, he called, " Måke, on me, I need your language skills!"

"Ja Sersjant!" came the sleepy voice. Kaia Hansen dragged herself from the gunner's seat, he blonde hair wrapped around her in a braid. She looked as worn out as all of them. Handing her the steaming cup of coffee, she thanked him and pulled he poncho liner around her as they walked towards the gathering platoon leaders. Picking out a man who looked like he was in charge, Tikka approached the man who appeared to be of Shimoji origin. Saluting he said in his best English,

"Sir, Sergeant Ajax Mannerheim, 1. Platoon, 36. Armored reporting in!"
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 pm

After a quick exchange of names, the meeting spot that'd been agreed upon was near the entrance to the tunnel, where two Nordic policemen and their patrol car were set up to direct the sporadic traffic moving through the area. Borrowing the hood of the Saab, Kousuke set down a roll tablet and zoomed the tactical map so the area they were responsible for was as big as it could get.

"Okay, so for now our orders remain the same, but we've also been told to start wiring the tunnel for demolition. A rosenthal team has been assigned to do so but I haven't gotten any word on them. Command back in Wielvakia has given the order to start assuming a fighting retreat until the heavier stuff can arrive and we can push em back. This tunnel is one of the major routes the lead elements of the Southern Erusean Army Group has to take. They're very well aware of this; they landed at least two brigades of the 17th Airborne Division to seize vital points like this one." He began, with Yak translating best he could. Kousuke scrolled the map up, where military symbols indicating Erusean units started to show up.

"The "Prince Sergio Division" has been under the best monitoring we can get, and we know they've got about a battalion in striking distance. We can expect them to make a few probes for now, test our strength, and then mount a determined assault. We can expect first contact within the half-hour. When we have the tunnel wired, we'll retreat with closest to the tunnel going first. Mr. Sullivan, Sergeant Mannerhiem, I suggest you place your AT vehicles in that area. My Stings and whatever guns you brought will do better further up." He went on. The man then adjusted his torso rig uncomfortably.

"As a note, we also will not have anything in the manner of MEDEVAC for now...not until further notice. If someone is too badly wounded to move or move in a manner that wouldn't risk the rest of your unit, leave them. The Eruseans will pick them up; as far as we know the bastards have been very humane."

He looked at Lewis, Johann, and Perez who all looked grim. Lewis gulped and then spoke up.

"Any word on support, sur? Bearcats, Scorps, anything?"

Kousuke smirked.

"I've been promised a fourship of Scorpion IIs, callsign "Tiger 4" and if we get lucky the Air Force may try and rush in some of its newly-arrived Sabrecats. Anyways we can expect the Eruseans to attack with th-"

WHUMP!!

Kousuke flinched down as the mortar shell exploded a couple hundred meters away, closer to the forward-most fighting positions that anything else. Half an hour had apparently gone by fast for the Erusean military.

"Well so much for questions and what they're gonna hit us with. Crawfish, Harmonica get back to your Stings and give me a SITREP immediately. Lewis I want your DM talking and watching. Sarge, get your vehicle down there two and reinforce them." He ordered as more of the muffled explosions fell.

Lewis barked out a "Yes sur!" and sprinted off for his team. Esteban was also off, already talking over the radio as he ran down the road to return to Cobra 2-4. Kousuke ran for own Stingray and keyed his mike.

"Kit-Kat, raise air support and launch the Fennec!" He called.

"On it, sir!" Captain Paul Kitman replied as he stepped out of the back of Cobra 2-1 with a small drone in hand. 

The man cleared the back of the vehicle and with a quick run propelled the RQ-29 into the air. As he turned around Kousuke was already climbing up the side of the machine to get ready for the fight. He ordered the Stingray forward and to the right towards an abandoned school bus as he settled into place in his cupola. A mortar round landed against the slope to his back, causing him to whirl around. He looked forward and switched out helmets.

"Driver, move us to the right! Get us up near those Nordic Stings!" Hey ordered, adjusting his boom mike.

In the meantime, Jessup practically threw himself into a shallow trench his fireteam had been digging over the past two days as a new mortar round landed. His Stingray was hidden among a small patch of trees but he wanted to be away from it right now. He rolled onto his stomach and looked downrange. His RTO, Lance Corporal Alvin Swoofe, moved down the line so he was close.

"Hey 2-4 Actual, this is 2-3 Actual yuh see anything?" Lewis asked as he peered down the AN/PVS-32 night scope on his rifle.

"Negative 2-3 Actual, nothing yet. Mortar rounds landing sporadically around my position...can't even see a spotter...be advised we appear to have a semi with a flat trailer coming up the road. Hauling a lotta refugees." Esteban replied, hiding between a pair of rocks.

"Yeah I see it, merde!"

At Kousuke's request, both Sergeants reported the situation. Right now they were still ready to go; the mortars were falling sporadically, probably uncoordinated and trying to shake them up. The tapered off after a minute. The civilian vehicle was immediately brought to the Marine Lieutenant's attention.

"All Stingray 2 elements let the semi pass. The Eruseans aren't targeting the road; they want it and they don't want dead civvies. Stingray 2-3 Actual, what's the status of your DM?"

Lewis flushed with temporary embarrassment; he corrected his mistake.

"Ah, sendin im out now, sur. Conman, move to high ground and start spotting. See if yah can find anyone who might be trying tah coordinate those mortars!"

Sergeant Brian McConnell, the fireteam's designated Marksman, hustled from the trench and up the slope to their right. In the meantime Lewis and Esteban started readying there lines of defense; Johann deployed his fireteam to the left of the road with Esteban, where there was more ground to be covered.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 pm

3rd Light Battery Position
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1000)
    About 9 Km Northeast of the Tunnel

Captain Rolf Kolkka sat behind the six Antlion mortar carriers, watching as the crews fire the first barrage on the coalition forces guarding the tunnel. He'd been instructed to make his fire sporadic to keep their heads down while the first units, scout teams in BOV-3 Hunters carried out the initial probe and placed spotters for air and artillery support. He raised the receiver for his radio inside his own Hunter and depressed the transmit button.

"Vermilion 2-1 Point, this is Silver 3-1 Point, we've fired our initial barrage, copy?" He radioed.

From his Hunter as it traveled around the small village between the 17th's forward positions and the road leading to the tunnel, Captain Zven Dodik picked up his own radio while he watched his realtime map.

"Roger that, Silver. My spotters say they're taking up position now and my teams will begin moving up the slope. Can you prepare a second barrage to cover them? My spotters will guide your fire." He replied.

"Roger that Vermilion, send traffic when ready."

The scouting party's Captain acknowledged and hung up as the Hunter pulled off the road and into a park, stopping under some trees alongside two other Hunters that made up his Command Post (CP). At the northern edge of town, four Hunters, two armed with 20mm cannons and two with ATGM launchers. Each also carried four soldiers. Captain Dodik kept them back, hidden among the buildings while his spotters got a good view of the area around the tunnel and let some refugee traffic up the slope pass. In fact some MPs further back were letting a small amount of people who wanted to flee move up under light guard. Dodik smiled; bless the peaceful spirit that'd fallen over Nordlands in the past decade. The same went for the strict order to behave; they didn't want to make this any harder.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:19 pm

As Lt. Junpo went through the plan, Josh nodded at Frankie and Laz, who quietly looked at the map and plotted their positions.  As it turned out they wouldn't have to move too far, having emplaced with the tunnel as the focal point of their fires to begin with.  With her Stryker as the designated ambulance vehicle, since it was the only one capable of actually carrying an appreciable amount of men, Veronica would move hers back out of the direct line of fire.  Josh said to Kosuke, "The Rosenthal team's gonna be linking up with us after they plant charges.  I think they just got delayed a bit moving up from their insert point.  They should be here shortly."

As the mortar bombardment started, the Rosenthal troopers ran back for their vehicles.  As Josh mounted his Stryker, he said over the radio, "Ronnie, launch the drone!  See if you can get eyes on!"

After Veronica radioed her answer, Josh heard a deep voice over the radio.  "Greyhound 1, Komodo 1 actual, come in, over?"

"Samoan Thor, that you?"

"We're holed up on the south end of town.  Got eyes on Erusean spotters moving in."

"Roger that.  We're taking harassing mortar fire.  You have any eyes on those?"

"Negative, but Boomerang suggests they're coming from further north."

"Roger that."

"We'll keep eyes up for you as long as we can and collapse on you with the Bandit when things get dicey."

"Got it."

"Just don't shoot us.  The Bandit doesn't like sabot rounds up its butt."

Josh laughed, "Roger that, Komodo.  What else you got for us?"

"Wait one."

From their position holed up in a house on the southern end of the town, Dwayne Hobbs, also known as "Hulk" or "Samoan Thor," the commander of Crisis Response Team Komodo 1, sat back on his haunches.

"Got vehicles, boss."  Aztec, the team's marksman, said as he peered through his spotting scope at the Erusean troops slowly filtering into the town.  "4 MRAPs."

"Greyhound, Komodo.  We've got MRAPs.  Nothing heavier so far."

Aztec continued, "Two 20 mike mike, two missile."  

"Two with cannons, two with missile."

"Copy that, Komodo.  Greyhound out."

As Josh signed off and finished moving his vehicles into position, Hobbs clicked his radio again.  "Hoot.  How's our escape plan?"

"Ready and waiting, boss," Sandy, the team's other assaulter, said from his spot in the driver's seat of the Bandit Fast Attack Vehicle parked under a winter camo net outside the house.  

"Good.  Sandy, got the welcome mat ready?"

"Just say the word, big man."  Sandy, the team's heavy weapons specialist replied from street level, where he sat next to an M1105 Intelligent Munitions System with a tablet.

"Hit it, then collapse on us.  We're not gonna have time to set it out later."

"Got it."  Sandy clicked the glowing "Execute" button on the screen of the tablet, and with a sudden whoosh of compressed air, four cylindrical containers shot out of the large tan box placed in the street, landing in pre-planned positions along the expected Erusean axis of advance.  Once they landed, the 4 anti-vehicle mines extended stabilizing plates to orient themselves vertically and deployed a pair of antennae.

As the four mines began broadcasting solid telemetry back to the tablet, Sandy stood up and picked up the now-empty mine container, his exoskeleton's servos whirring as he seemingly effortlessly hauled the large box over his shoulder and began plodding back toward the safe house.

Meanwhile further south, the three tank-killers of Greyhound 1 had moved into position.  His Ops-Core switched back out for his ACVC, Josh took a look at the satellite display at his station, making sure that the positions of the Erusean troops marked by Komodo's drone as well as Greyhound's were showing up.  Satisfied, he radioed, "Greyhound, check in."

"1-2's up."

"1-3's up."

"1-4's up in the back."

"Good. Anybody see anything?"

Zelazny said wryly, "I can see Komodo's house from here."

Noticing the IR strobe Komodo had used to mark their safe house, Josh chuckled, "Heh, so can I.  Anything ELSE?  Like those mortars maybe?"

Francois replied, "Non, patron.  I see nozink on zermal."

"Keep an eye out for spotters."

"Oui oui.  I see ze refugees though.  Zey are moving razzer slowly."

"They're refugees.  Speed record setters they are not."

Settling into position, the PMC vehicle crews continued scanning the landscape with their thermal optics, hoping to catch a glimpse of the spotters.  After a few minutes, Ronnie turned around in her seat and faced the troop compartment.  Addressing the two ghillie suited men sitting next to Ollie and his Security Management partner, she asked, "You two wanna get in on this needle hunt?"

Scarecrow, one of the CRT Druid marksmen attached to Greyhound, said, "Bloody 'ell, we thought you'd never ask!"

Grinning, Veronica dropped the ramp.  Scarecrow and his partner Cyclops promptly piled out of the Stryker.  After displacing a few hundred meters, Scarecrow set up his M107A4 while Cyclops threw a thermal camouflage blanket over the two of them and began scanning the terrain with his spotting scope.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:17 pm

“Fashionably Late”
    November 20th, 2045 (Local Time: 1020)
    CRT Chipmunk 1

Lucia Al-Shamrani aka “Chipmunk” sat in the cargo bay of the Rosenthal CV-22B Osprey alongside her team leader Deckard “Reaver” Sterling and the team’s Automatic Rifleman Francis “Frank” Logan. Facing her was Chipmunk’s demolitions expert Kevin “Breaker” Blackburn; a usually quiet ex-Delta operator who was trying to ignore the wise cracking Medic David Kruger who went by the nickname “Dutch” due to his South African heritage, finally the nervous figure of Karl “Fuchs” Bauer looked out open back of the dark colored CV-22B as it skimmed along the Nord countryside as fast its engines permitted. While the pilots concentrated on flying, Sterling cleared his throat and spoke. Lucia in the meantime who was checking her Galil quickly looked up from the rifle and at her commander.

“Alright listen up; we may be off timeline by a couple minutes but does not mean our mission is off to a bad start. Shadow 1-2 will be dropping us in a couple mikes at the L-Zed, from there we are to link up with Sullivan’s Strykers and establish contact, Breaker and Chips will be on demolitions duty and rig the tunnel to blow. Frank, you’re with me. Dutch, Fuchs. You will provide extra overwatch and keep a sharp eye out. Be mindful that we most likely have civvies in the area, if radio traffic is anything to go by its a definite factor. Priority is on slowing the Erusean advance down and keeping refugee casualties to a minimum. Understand?”

Breaker raised an eyebrow at the thought of allowing the spastic Sapina handle high explosives but did not protest, the young walk on was a prodigy and proved to be quite capable on exercises with the thirty-two-year-old demoman simply giving a firm “Understood Sir.”

“I got it Reaver! I’ll keep close to Breaker and follow his lead. What If we encounter locals’ sir?”

Reaver replied, “Good. If and when we have to deal with civilians. You are to issue them orders in their native tongue Chipmunk.”

“Solid copy bossman.” Lucia said, adjusting her Rose tinted goggles one last time before moving on to making sure her harness and holster plus sidearm was secure.

“I just hope we don’t have to run out the back shooting.” Said Fuchs as the former Bundeswehr rifleman continued to watch the deadened winter scenery pass below him.

“Don’t worry, plenty of Band Aids and kisses if you scrape your arms.” Dutch quipped eliciting a laugh from the much older Logan who was doing the final checks on his Belkan made MG-124.

“Sorry to put a damper on the party back there, we’re approaching the LZ. Getting a little hot out there to boot!” The pilot shouted as word of incoming began to fill the party lines.

“Mortar fire.” Reaver uttered hearing about the talk of harassing fire from Antlion Mortar Carriers over his comm-link.

“Antlions probably.” Frank grunted as Breaker slid on his combat helmet and adjusted the boom mike.

“Likely. Alright team, once we’re boots down hoof it.” Reaver said as he continued to listen on ground communications. Lucia was as well; hearing the sounds of ground forces keeping an eye on Erusean movements and the incoming mortar fire. Her veins getting a sickly shot of adrenaline. The team acknowledged as they brought their weapons up to their sides, the CV-22B moving into position to land and allow the contractors to disembark from the aircraft.

“Shadow 1-2 is at LZ. This is as far as the school bus goes kiddos; get to class!”  Shadow 1-2’s pilot barked to the mercenaries. “Just making sure Mom packed me my lunch back here, we’re waiting for you!” Dutch replied, patting the magazine on his MP10A1 submachine gun.

“Stuff it Dutch. Chipmunk. Lets’ do this.”

“Yes sir.” The members of the CRT said in sequence. The heavily armed special forces operatives rose up from their seats as the tilt-rotor touched down at the mouth of the tunnel. Chipmunk and Reaver raced out first followed by Fuchs and Dutch who fanned out at the flanks of the Osprey to cover the flanks while Breaker and Frank disembarked. Lucia raised her Galil ACE 34 rifle, panning from side to side while keeping her eyes focused on the illuminated dot of her magnifier enhanced Aimpoint T2 sight, Reaver meanwhile did the same with the scope of his L129A4 as Breaker and Frank took up positions. Shadow 1-2 quickly powered up and vacated the area seconds afterward leaving the team to their own devices.

“Chipmunk, comm check. Sound off.” Reaver spoke into his headset with a flat, professional tone as the Lenshire native examined the entrance to the tunnel they landed at.

“1-2, Chipmunk up.”

“1-3 is up.”

“1-4 is in the green.”

“1-5 ready to chew ass and kick bubblegum sir.”

“1-6 is up.”

“Alright. Get to it. Lulu, Breaker. Start wiring up this entrance for demolition, then hit the middle with the next pair, and save the last for when we rendezvous with Sullivan.”

“Roger Bossman.” Lucia said, pulling her first charge and taking the left side entrance to the tunnel.

“Wilco.” Breaker replied, taking the opposite side with a C4 charge in hand.

“You three, provide overwatch. Even spread.” Reaver ordered as he flipped his comm channel to the nearby PMC Strykers. “Greyhound One, This is Chipmunk 1-1 Actual. We’re on site and moving to execute. What is your status? Over.” Sterling then paused as he awaited a response from the AFV’s. Frank meanwhile chimed in, keeping his machine gun trained on an empty stretch of road and an abandoned black Volvo sedan which had a sign "NO GAS, NEED RIDE" written in marker placed in the front window. 

“Tell them we’re sorry for being fashionably late. Chipmunk took too long in the bathroom.”

“I heard that.” Lucia replied setting her first charge up. Dutch and Frank continued to giggle like schoolgirls at Fuchs reaction to the statement.
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Hearing Reaver's voice over the radio, Josh replied, "We were wondering where you guys were.  Glad you made it.  We're taking harassing mortar fire.  1-4?"

"Sir?"

"What's your status?"

"We're sitting back.  Druid's dismounted, they wanted to give us a couple more eyes."

"Excellent.  Reaver, when you guys are finished with your charges, give us a call.  Our lovely Veronica will come and pick you up."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:06 pm

“Copy Greyhound, slight delay on the way here.” Reaver replied, still hearing the dull thud of mortar shells crashing into the terrain nearby. “We heard about the mortars on the way here, anyone have an idea of their position?”

Lucia put the finishing touch on the charges and collapsed back on the rest of the team with Breaker. The pink haired Sapina exhaled hard as her ex-Delta counterpart told their commander that the first charges were set.

“First charges are down sir.”

“Good.” Move it. “Greyhound, first set is planted. Moving to the center.”  The Lennish operater called out as the team collapsed on him and followed his lead. Breaker lifted his Osean made Armalite AR55A1 and scanned ahead as he kept up with the rest of his team, Lucia briefly checked their six before returning to pushing onward to the next objective. Lucia’s thoughts briefly touched on her “cousin” Naomi Hathaway who was a F-25 pilot with the Osean Air Force; it had only been a couple days since she had last seen her but it felt like an eternity. The Black haired Shimo woman meant the world to her and so did her boyfriend Dante Allen who was the last the time she saw him preparing for another long work day. Lucia for now stowed those thoughts away.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Kousuke dropped down into his Stingray as one of the last round dropped uncomfortably close. He sealed the machine up tight and ordered Levy to settle the M122 next to a boulder. The Lieutenant ran his finger across the status displays of the vehicles countermeasures: smoke dischargers, ECM, and Trophy. Everything was working perfectly, but against mortar rounds they would do little.

"They've completed rounds, El-Tee!" Johann reported as he stared towards the town through binoculars, barely out of his cupola.

Johann lowered his field glasses and sealed the hatch before the M122 was pulled back away from the dismounted troops, who'd been forced to simply hug the ground near the road while the refugees raced past them. The then set up their weapons on the lip of the road, aiming downslope best they could.

"Chipmunk 1 Actual this is Cobra 2 Actual, be advised you've got a semi fulla refugees about to pass you." Kousuke radioed when the thought crossed his mind.

Far forward Lewis let his vigilance slouch a minute as he laid there in the snow, poised to kill anything that came across the imaginary line he and the others in Cobra 2-3 and 2-4 had drawn. Like many in war, he had to think about the loved ones back at home. It calmed him, drew him back from the normally ice-cold killer he was. Lynn...My Cherie, I'll be back soon. Lewis smiled at the image of the bespectacled, science-loving girl in his head.

"2-3 Actual, this is Conman...I see plenty of activty in the village. Looks like they're deploying troops along the northern edge as Greyhound had mentioned. I saw some Hunters peel off into a park but I can't get the best angle on em...No spotters in my sights, either." Conman reported.

"Roger that, Conman." Lewis drawled.

"Komodo, this is Cobra 2-4. Advise you give us your current position so we don't zap you if we start shooting the Eruseans from where they currently are...pending they didn't detect the IMS launches." Esteban spoke up as he made it so his Stingray's turret would essentially follow the AN/PEQ-19A laser designator.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Hobbs radioed, "Cobra, look for the three story house with the pitched roof.  Specifically the one with a rooster weather vane and an IR strobe on it.  We've got clear eyes on these Hunters in the park, so if you've got any indirect to play with we can guide it in for you."  After a moment, the big former Delta master sergeant added sarcastically, "Or you can check your Blue Force Tracker."

Meanwhile Josh radioed to Reaver, "Negative, but we're working on getting that rectified now.  Don't worry about that, just get those charges planted."

Last edited by shomu1 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:35 am

"Go, back to the tracks!" said Tikka. He and Hansen made a break for the treeline that the Stingrays were hidden in. 

Whump!

A mortar crashed behind them showering them with snow. Tikka pulled on his helmet as they moved and dropped off Hansen at her track. The comms net was a whirlwind of checks and confusion. Climbing into the lead Stingray, Tikka got on comms to calm things down.

"Pantari 1-1 to all units, report in!"

"1-2 is up and loaded!" reported Biisoni, 1-2s commander.

"1-3 is up!" said Niellä, the wiry commander of 1-3.

"1-4 is up!" came Måke's voice.

"Copy, 1-4, how many tubes do you have on deck?" said Tikka into his mike. He had replaced the tactical helmet with his CVC by then. 

"Two in the tubes, two on deck, Tunfisk is getting another pair on deck now!" 

"Good man. Alright, look alive, we may have company very soon. Scan your sectors."

Upon hearing the chatter about the semi, Tikka hopped back on the unit radio. "The truck is not, repeat NOT hostile, do not fire upon the truck!"

A series of Rogers and Copy that came back to him. Glancing at his Blue Force Tracker, Tikka made a note of Komodo's position, and sent it to the other commanders in his unit.

"Sersjent, I got movement in the village, looks to be several Hunters, they just peeled off! I don't have a shot." called his gunner Orca. 

"Dammit, they must be the assault force. Alright, here's what I want to happen. Do not fire until they have closed in. 1-4, hit them with both tubes, the rest will cover you while you reload."

"Roger that sir!"
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:14 am

Esteban chuckled in a manner similar to the PMC's tone.

"If I had access to that, Komodo, I'd be happy to."

"Pantari 1 Actual, this is Cobra 2 Actual, one of my DMs reports that appears to be command post. Main force is near the northern edge of town, two Hunters with 20mm and two with ATGMs." Kousuke spoke up, hearing the Nordic commander trying to pick out targets. He lowered himself and looked back at his JTAC.

"Kit-Kat?" He asked.

"We've got feed from the UAV...that does look like a CP. Okay I've got eye on the mortars, too." The Marine pilot replied.

"Find those spotters." Kousuke ordered.

"Rog...got em. I see about eight so far, in pairs. By my guesses they won't be visible from our current position. Maybe Komodo can pick off one or two...Greyhound 1-4 You've got your UAV up yet?" He said.

"All elements this is Cobra 2, my JTAC has glassed some of the Erusean spotters. We'll feed targets to DMs and 25 mike mikes as they come. Advise engagement with DMs first." Kousuke spoke up shortly after.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Hobbs' brow furrowed in a mixture of confusion and annoyance.  He said, "No Blue Force Tracker on a wrist comp?  It's 2045..."

Aztec said wryly, still observing the Erusean command post, "The wonderful world of budget cuts."

"Hmph."  Keying his mic, Hobbs said, "Cobra, grid on that CP is as follows..."  After passing the grid reference, he added, "As much as we'd love to, there's not much we can do from here. If we blow our cover before we exfil we're gonna be fucked harder than Suzie Henderson at the senior prom."

Meanwhile Scarecrow radioed, "Cobra 2, Druid 1, standing by for grid."  Clicking the mic off, he grumbled to Cyclops, "Is it so hard to just pass a bloody grid coordinate?  We don't need all the blasted pleasantries."

His eyes still glued to his spotting scope, Cyclops said, "You know Yanks.  They've always gotta be polite."

"Hmph.  Bloody waste of time, you ask me.  Anyway I think I see a pair of the bastards.  By that abandoned truck."

"The green one?"

"No, the blue."

"Got it.  Ranging..."  Cyclops clicked the button on top of his spotting scope, activating the laser rangefinder to judge the distance to the pair of spotters Scarecrow had picked up.  Meanwhile Scarecrow checked his wrist computer to see if he could engage any of the other spotters from his current position.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 pm

"Chipmunk One Actual copies, Cobra Two Actual we'll keep our heads on a swivel. Keep us posted."
    Reaver called back as he looked down the tunnel to see if the civilians had began to enter the tunnel. "Nothing yet. Break, Chips. Charges?"

"Wired up and ready." Lucia said, taking her Galil back into her hands.

"Done Boss."

"Alright. Let's finish this up and link up with everyone."  Reaver replied as the team formed in two groups of three and kept to opposite sides of the tunnel.

"Greyhound One, Chipmunk 1-1 Actual. Tunnel Midsection is wired to blow, advancing to the North Entrance. Over." 

"Well this has certainly been uneventful." Logan said as he scanned around with his machine gun behind Dutch.

"I wouldn't jinx us this early Frank." Lucia replied.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:54 pm

"Vermilion 2-1 Point, Vermilion 2-3, I've spotted some sort of puff of smoke up north along the highway. Looks like something landed." One of the vehicle leaders said. There was a pause.

"Vermilion 2-3 those must be mine dispensers...did you see where any of them might've landed?" Dodik replied from inside his MRAP.

"Negative Point, we only know they're present and I only saw one. Cannot locate the dispenser either."

"Understood, standby...Silver 3-1 this is Vermilion 2-1 Point, we have mines along our route. We're going to have to take an alternate route. Lay down smoke with half your battery and harass enemy positions with HE."

"Roger that 2-1 Point, rounds on the way."

Several seconds later, the familiar sounds of the repositioned Antilions indicated the first rounds were landing. Three of Kolkka's mortars walked smoke rounds up the highway in a widening pattern while the other three laid more harassing fire on the UN defenders.

From a schoolhouse at the northwest corner of the settlement, a spotter team had taken up position. One man had his shoulder came to get the basic view out into the open while the other was bust setting up a M77DM Marksman's rifle, using a window he'd barricaded to provide some additional material between him and the outside world. Another spotter team was two buildings over from Komodo, now assigned to watch a wide path one ATGM carrier and one 20mm carrier. The other two would move on the opposite flank and cover their brethren while they moved. The last team was assigned to keep an eye on the north-central part of town. Dodik had a vague hunch the mines had been launched from there, but only a vague one.

Staying among the smoke, the first two Hunters left the town and cut a quick right, moving east for a minute or two before going left again. The other two Hunters reversed, moved for the road Dodik had gone off from, and headed around the back of the school house. Kolkka ceased fire as soon as they were clear and moving up.

"Vermilion 2-2 through 2-5 this is 2-6, halt halt halt. I see enemy armor up the slope. Stay clear. Vermilion 2-1, recommend we bring forth Sapphire 1, how copy?" The spotters watching from the schoolhouse radioed.

"Roger that, 2-6, halting." Vermilion 2-3 radioed.

As the Hunters stopped just shy of the UN line of fire, two platoons of Sabre M-89 APCs loaded with Erusean paras were ordered forward. At the same time, Komodo's building was now under watch by one of the spotter teams.

"Vermilion 2-1 Point, Vermilion 2-8, we have movement in one of the houses..." One of the men radioed while his partner watched through the scope of his M77DM.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:24 pm

"This is Cobra 2-3 Actual, Uh've got two wounded, sur." Lewis reported as the next barrage of mortar rounds finished landing. 

He gritted his teeth and looked over at his AT Man, Corporal Hinkel Lingehelm, being treated by Swoofe, who'd been lightly wounded but could also still fight. He didn't know about Hinkel, though; the guy was snarling and cursing pretty angrily. His SRAW was handed off to Lewis.

"Cobra 2-4 Actual reporting, I see glimpses of those Hunters...they went wide of the mines." Esteban reported. His gunner started tracking the machines, waiting for a shot.

"This is Cobra 2-3 Golf to Cobra 2-4 Golf, I see em. Engaging." Corporal Steven Clive reported. He tweaked the Bushmaster's aim at started popping off rounds at what little of the Hunters he could see.

"Cobra 2-3 Actual, this is Conman, I've got eyes on spotters in a school house at our one. Am engaging." Brian spoke up. He drew in a breath and fired his M41 DM twice.

As Greyhound and Scarecrow were given the grid coordinates to the Spotters, Kitman spotted the Sabres on his UAV.

"Komodo, this is Avalanche 36, be advised in addition to those spotters at your three we got about six APCs moving along the highway towards the village." He radioed.

"Komodo, Cobra 2-1 Actual, we'll cover you if needed, just say the word." Kousuke added. He looked back.

"Kit-Kat, those Scorps?" He asked with arched brows.

"They're ten minutes out, sir." the JTAC reported.

"Alright, have em hit the mortars first. Tired of those smug little fucks."

"Heh heh, yes sir."

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Hobbs radioed, "Appreciated, Cobra.  Sandy, Hoot, can you two deal with those spotters?"

"Copy that.  You want it quiet, boss?"

"You know I do."

"Got it.  Gonna leave the clanker by the truck."  Sandy, who by now had made it to the Bandit, dismounted from his exoskeleton, leaving the metal and carbon fiber frame standing in a corner hidden from view.  Gesturing to Hoot, he said, "After you, bud."

Hoot nodded, grabbing his HK416 from where it was stored next to his seat.  Loading a M1060 40mm grenade in the attached M320, he nodded at Sandy and the two set off.  They quickly and quietly made their way to the house containing the two Erusean spotters.  

Easing open the front door, he led Sandy up the stairs.  The big machine gunner slung his M60E8 in favor of his suppressed Glock 19.  At the top of the stairs, Hoot paused, sliding a fiber optic camera from his wrist camera underneath the door to get a visual on what was inside.  Seeing the two spotters, he pulled the camera out quietly and gestured to Sandy.  

Nodding, Sandy raised his pistol into ready position.  At Sandy's signal, Hoot, who had had his hand on the doorknob, turned the knob and pushed it open.  Sandy burst into the room, first putting a pair of 9mm rounds in the trooper on the radio before wheeling around to double-tap his partner.  

Hoot followed, firing a suppressed 6.8 SPC round into each Erusean to make sure he was dead.

Meanwhile outside the town, Cyclops said, "Range, 1000 meters."

"Set."

"Wind, three quarter value west to east."

"Set."

"First target, man by the blue lorry.  Second target next to him."

"On target.  Rounds locked."

"Fire when ready."

Scarecrow's M107 coughed twice, the suppressed anti-material rifle still kicking up a cloud of snow which was fortunately masked by their camo net.  Two .50 caliber EXACTO rounds sped towards the Erusean spotters.

In Greyhound 1-2, Tomasz radioed as he tracked one of the Hunters moving up, "Boss, eyes on one of the MRAPs."

Francois called out, "I see zey have APCs moving up as well."

"Okay.  Greyhound 1-1 to all Greyhound 1 elements.  Prepare to engage.  1-2, hit the MRAPs. 1-3, nail the APCs.  Shoot then move."

"Ready."

"Oui oui, patron.  1-3 on target."

Josh checked his tactical display to make sure everything was in proper position, and then keyed his mic.  "Fire at will."

In Greyhound 1-2, Tomasz said, "Gunner.  Fire, fire 2 rounds AMP.  Engage MRAP."

"Identified!"

"Fire."

"ON THE WAY!"  The Stryker's M291 boomed, sending it rocking backwards as an M1069A4 AMP round went screaming downrange towards the Hunter being engaged by Cobra 2-3.  

"Next target, APC."

"Identified!"

"Fire."

"On the way!"  The gun boomed again, firing another M1069A4 at the nearest Sabre.

"Gunner!  Your target, second APC!  Engage when ready."

"On target!"

"Feu!"

The gunner of Greyhound 1-3 squeezed the trigger grips, firing a BGM-71K TOW-3C at the second Sabre.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:09 pm

The team was suddenly altered by the radio calls and the blasts coming from the 120mm guns used by Greyhound's Strykers as they approached the northern mouth of the tunnel. Lucia swore slightly under her breath as her heart rate increased from the sudden escalation in hostilities.

"Sounds like they're engaging advance scouts." Reaver said as they approached their final target. Lucia and Breaker immediately went to work on wiring the final pair of charges for the tunnel. the rest of the team fanned out and took up positions keeping their eyes forward and focused on the scene in front of them.

"Chips, hows it coming?" Breaker said as he placed the blasting caps for the plastic explosive.

"Coming along nicely..." Lucia replied as she controlled her breathing so her heart would slow. In the meantime Reaver contacted Greyhound.

"Greyhound 1-1 Actual, this is Chipmunk 1-1 Actual. We are at the final objective and readying tunnel for demolition. What's the situation? I see and hear fire coming from our immediate 12."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Cobra 2-3's fire spooked the driver of Vermilion 2-4. He shoved it into reverse, back away and to the right over a long slope into better cover. The impact of the AMP round some feet in front of him served to rattle his ATGM-carrying compatriot, who also backed up and lurched to a halt next to him.

"Fuck! 2-1 Point they've got something with a large gun up there!" 2-4's commander radioed, noting the scratches and scrapes o the front of his Hunter.

"Understood, standby we're going to try and drop some rounds on them." The Captain replied.

Dodik grimaced as it was found two of his spotter teams were down. He recalled that Vermillion 2-7 had noted movement near their position. He turned back to one of his subordinates.

"Deploy a Locust and then guide some of Silver's rounds onto those vehicles." He outlined. The man ran a hand down his cleanly shaven face and got back on the radio.

"Vermilion 2-8, watch out, we have enemy forces in the town. They most likely took out one, maybe two, of our spotter teams."

"Roger that, we'll be on the lookout." The leader of the pair radioed. He looked at his partner.

"I'm going to set us up a little warning device." He announced.

The other man nodded while his colleague went downstairs. He moved swiftly to one of the entrances that would afford an intruder the most advantageous way in and booby-trapped it with a "Virus" anti-personnel mine.

Sapphire, in the meantime, had know since their first brief today they'd be facing entrenched enemy forces. The lead vehicles of the eight-vehicles column had their guns pointed towards the slope. The lead machine on the right spotted the flash from Greyhound's first shot and started shooting, getting into its effective firing range as it moved closer. The other vehicles scattered, the one Greyhound's local Emmerian had fired on employing its APS as soon as the TOW had been detected as inbound. The only M-89 that'd been firing suffered a direct hit while the others hurried into the small maze that was the village.

"Sapphire 1-3, 1-4, deploy your troops inside the village. We have reports of enemy forces within near Vermilion 2-6's last known position." Sapphire 1-1 Point, a Lieutenant by the name of Irmeli Kulmala, radioed.

"This is Sapphire 3-1 Point, we're moving east of the village 1-1 Point." Fellow Lieutenant Viktor Bazda reported.

"Roger that 3-1 Point."

The unhurt 3rd Platoon raced along, moving past the schoolhouse the last spotters were in, and towards the MRAPs on the left flank. The vehicles' 20mm cannons thumped away at the Marine's forward two vehicles and the Rosenthal detachment's MGS as it moved. In the meantime Irmeli's troops deployed at the northern edge of town and spread out under the cover of their respective vehicles. Irmeli and her own vehicle disembarked their troops to occupy two buildings  on roads that were on either side of where the unknown hostiles were supposed to be.

In the meantime the two other vehicles in her platoon deployed their ten-man loads to move forward on the enemy forces. By now the Erusean recon troops also had their UAV, which looked very much like the Osean MAV, airborne to guide in more smoke rounds. It was over the village, ascending rapidly to get the bird's eye view that the mortars would greatly benefit from. The troops in the town had also been searching for their prey.

"Sapphire 1-3 and 1-4 Foot, this is Sapphire 1-1 Foot. We've spotted signatures in a building at the far end of the village in the center of your axis of advance. They appear to be armed; standby for coordinate relay." The squad commander from Irmeli's vehicle radioed.

"Roger that, coordinates received." his fellow squad leader replied.

The men deployed in the houses laid down covering fire on Komodo's dwelling with LMGs and a few rifle-launched grenades while the other squads advanced, staying near the other buildings and waiting for the Oseans to respond.

Vermilion 2-2 and 2-3 noted the M-89s were moving up and into some trees to deploy their troops. Deciding to offer some help, the two sprang into action. The 20mm carrier shot forward into the open first, laying down supressive fire. His friend then joined him, just long enough to fire his ATGM at Pantari's lead Stingray before its tires screeched and it moved back. The 20mm carrier moved with it. On the other side, 2-4's commander was angered to find the AMP round had lodged a piece of shrapnel in his APS turret. Going out would be suicide.

The M-89s disgorged their troops, forty in all, so they could set up a firing line on the far side of the cover they were behind. Two lanes were made for the Hunters to run through and switch out places with the M-89s, who started poking out their turrets to fire on Greyhounds 1-1 and 1-2 and again on Cobras 2-3 and 2-4.

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:36 pm

"Driver, back up, back up!" Clive shouted.

Lance Corporal Collin North  hurriedly did that as 20mm rounds landed around the vehicle and grazed the side of the hull's top. Lewis's gunner returned fire, stopping only when the M-89s went out of sight. When the Hunters appeared, he frantically turned and engaged them, only to find the missile that'd been launched wasn't inbound for him.

"Actual, we've got movement at our two. I'm gonna pull back to avoid having twenty hostiles light me up." Conman reported.

"Roger that. 2-3 Delta, reposition the vehicle!" Lewis replied.

"Yes sir!" North radioed, backing the Stingray towards some trees.

Kousuke had his gunner, PFC Lee Miller, aim the 25mm in the direction of the incoming infantry. When he saw the M-89s coming up into view, he opened fire on the center-left one. Perez's Stingray did the same as it also retreated a little further back. He even brought his commander's M312 to bear, squeezing off rounds at the lip of the rise the Erusean infantry were supposedly behind.

"Got M-89s in the village." Lance Corporal "Danger Zone" Willies reported.

"Cobra 2-4, engage the guy on the left, I've got right." Johann radioed. At his command, the Staff Sergeant's chaingun started thumping away as well.

"Cobra 2-3, get some 40mm rounds over that rise!" Kousuke ordered between shots from the chaingun.

"Understood sir!" Lewis replied. He shouted down the line and started preping his own grenade launcher. He motioned for his RTO to do the same while the others would look for opportunities to employ their weapon's scopes. Deliver headshots. His LMG guy, Mad Dog Mulholland, would do what he did best and lay the fire on thick.

"Greyhound 1-1, sending you coordinates of those MRAPs that disappeared off to our ten! Got any fancy toys that can hit em?" Kit-Kat spoke up. He had to do something in the seven minutes before the F/A-19s.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:32 pm

As their building was raked with machine gun and grenade fire, Aztec said calmly, "Looks like it's about that time, boss."

"Fat lady's 'bout bustin' my eardrums over here.  Hoot, Sandy, get to the truck.  We're out of here."

Having already returned to the Bandit, Sandy, who was just finishing the process of putting his exoskeleton back on, radioed, "Already there, boss.  Waitin' on you."

"Outstanding."  Turning to Aztec, Hobbs said, "After you, brother."

The short Juregadarian-Osean nodded and took down his FD338, sliding it back into its case and readying his MP7.  He and Hobbs made their way down the stairs.  

Before going out the back door, Hobbs said, "Time to leave the parting gift."

Aztec quickly tapped a few commands into his wrist computer, arming the thermite charges on the team's surveillance gear as well as the anti-personnel mines they had previously planted at the approaches to the house.  When this was done he gave Hobbs a thumbs up.  The big Islander smirked and led the way out of the house, quickly rendezvousing at the Bandit.  

As Hobbs and Aztec climbed into the tiny Fast Attack Vehicle, Sandy said from his place in the turret, "Gee, boss, was wondering when you were gonna show up.  Hoot and I were just about to go on this joyride without ya."

From his seat behind the M60 mounted in the front passenger's seat, Hobbs said wryly, "Joke's on you, I'd hunt your lard ass down and kick your balls so hard you'd get yourself a prime gig at the Metropolitan Opera."

Aztec said from the back, "Sandy always was one for the dramatic."

Chuckling, Hobbs radioed, "Greyhound, Komodo.  We're peeling out of the town now.  Any chance you could give us a hole?"

Meanwhile in Greyhound 1-1, Josh radioed to Reaver, "Little busy.  Talk to Ronnie."

"Chipmunk 1-1, Greyhound 1-4 actual.  We've got enemy mech infantry inbound.  We're holding them for now, but you should hustle."

As Komodo's request came in, Josh replied, "Wait one, Hulk.  We're displacing now."  

Greyhound 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3 were in the middle of moving to their secondary positions.  Once they were set, Josh radioed, "Alright, we'll see what we can do."  Switching back to the intercom, he said, "Gunner, load airburst, then smoke.  Let's get their heads down."

"Copy that."  Andy tapped the requisite buttons on the ammunition screen, telling the AMP round to airburst at a preset range, and also selecting smoke rounds for the next few shots.  

Taking control of the commander's override, Josh slewed the turret over so the gun was lined up with the group of troops closest to Komodo's planned axis of escape, and said, "Gunner, troops in the open.  Engage airburst."

"Identified."

"Fire."

"On the way!"

The Stryker rocked backwards, sending an airburst fuzed AMP round downrange.  The crew heard the familiar loud clanging sound as the spent shell casing was kicked out of the back of the turret into the snow.  

"Four rounds smoke, on the marker!"

"On target."

"Fire at will."

Cleared to fire, Andy held down the triggers, telling the vehicle's fire control system to fire in the closest thing to full automatic it had.  Every five seconds, the M291 spat out a 120mm smoke round along Komodo's route, with Andy adjusting his aim to make sure there was even coverage.  After firing four rounds, Greyhound 1-1 moved again.

Across the way, Greyhound 1-2 was doing the same thing.  After firing an airbursting AMP round at another of the clumps of troops near Komodo's route, it fired four smoke rounds, augmenting the blanket started by Greyhound 1-1, and relocated.

"Komodo, Greyhound.  Move now.  We got their heads down and got you a bit of cover.  Good luck."

"Appreciated."  At Hobbs' nod, Hoot hit the accelerator, and the Bandit FAV screamed out of the town down the lane of smoke provided by Greyhound 1-1 and 1-2.  At the same time, Aztec hit the detonator, setting off the thermite charges on the gear and turning it into molten slag.  The little buggy's 2 liter diesel engine quickly propelled it to a zipping 40 miles per hour, kicking up a massive rooster tail of snow behind its all-terrain tires.  As they passed through the Erusean lines, Sandy turned the turret this way and that, firing harassing bursts from the GAU-19 to keep the Eruseans' heads down and hopefully manage to do some damage to their vehicles while he was at it.  

Meanwhile Team Druid began engaging the M-89s as well.  While their .50 caliber rounds couldn't penetrate the APCs' armor, they could still soften them up to make Greyhound's job easier.  Scarecrow targeted the APS turrets of the APCs, firing at two vehicles, then displacing, then firing at another two, then displacing again.  

Meanwhile in Greyhound 1-3, having arrived at their new firing position and reloaded the spent TOW, Francois swore, "Merde.  Ze APS...  Gunner!  Reengage target!"

"Roger that!"  The gunner fired twice, launching first one TOW, then the second, at the same M-89 they had fired at previously.  Francois waited, his eye glued to the sight extension as the four second flight time passed agonizingly slowly.

Having relocated again, Josh now had time to reply to reply to Kit-Kat's request.  "Oh we certainly do.  1-4?"

"On it."  Verifying the GPS coordinates transmitted by Kit-Kat, Veronica fed them to the two BGM-176E Griffin missiles bolted to either side of the turret.  "Greyound 1-4, missiles out."  She squeezed the trigger twice, and both Griffins sprang from their tubes with a loud whoosh.  After a second, Veronica began receiving telemetry from both missiles, ensuring that they were heading to the proper grid square.  At the same time, she barked, "Goalie, Heinrich!  Time to earn your pay!  Get those missiles reloaded!"

Veronica jettisoned the two spent Griffin tubes and rotated the turret into position.  Goalie and Heinrich sprang out of the Stryker's top rear hatch and snapped a fresh tube into its quick-release connector, connecting the datalink cables before ducking back down into the hull as Veronica swung the turret back around to allow them to repeat the procedure on the other side.

While Ely moved the vehicle to its alternate position, Veronica continued watching the feed from the two airborne Griffins, which had locked on to the two disappeared MRAPs and were now descending on their targets.

Last edited by shomu1 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:16 pm

"Incoming!" yelled Tikka. The IR smoke grenades pooped free from their dischargers as Pantari 1-1s jerked back right violently. "All gunners, engage the woodline, three second bursts!"

The contingent of footmobiles hugged the ground as 20mm rounds soared far to close for comfort. As the Eruseans began to retreat, a brave man sat up with an ATGM and squeezed the trigger, firing it at the ATGM carrier just before it vanished into the woods. 

The 12.7mm machine guns and miniguns went to work, firing back at the woodline that the Erusean APCs had appeared from.
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:11 pm

“Copy 1-4, we are engaging from our position at the mouth of the tunnel.” Reaver replied as he shouldered his L129A4; the scope on the DMR filling with the image of several freshly dismounted Erusean soldiers and their M89 IFV’s.

Breaker who had sat up to the far left of his ex-SAS counterpart looked down the scope of his AR55 at the incoming hostiles being engaged by Greyhound 1-4. “Reaver, what’s the plan?”

“Breaker stay to the left and engage with me. Lucia, Frank! Down in front and focus fire on the center! Fuchs, lay down supporting fire!”

“Acknowledged.” Breaker called back, squeezing off a pair of aimed bursts from his rifle. The 6.8mm rifle belching the projectiles downrange at their intended targets. In the meantime Lucia and Frank moved forward and went into the prone position with their weapons at the ready.

“1-2, engaging tangoes.” Lucia called, her magnified Aimpoint reticule filling up with a group of Erusean soldiers. Lucia’s heart now pounded from the chattering MG and rifle fire, her gloved palms growing clammy as she squeezed of a trio of four round bursts; her shots were followed up by the sudden “ZZZZZZZZZZ” of Frank’s MG-124.

Reaver coughed out close coupled double taps from his DMR, his demeanor not as frantic as the rookie as he took in the view of the controlled chaos from his scope. Reaver keyed his mic briefly to contact Dutch who was hanging back behind Fuchs who pumped out a 40mm HE Frag round from his M230.

“Dutch, plug us in to Veronica’s UAV overwatch. I need a better idea of what’s going on.”

Dutch quickly tapped away at his wrist computer, linking the UAV feed to the CRT’s enhanced communications link. A small window appeared in the corner of Reaver’s goggles, showing the camera feed from the circling UAV.

“Feed is up.” Dutch replied before joining Lucia and Frank in the suppressing fire with his MP10.

“Fuchs! Put a grenade down on their right! Keep them boxed in! Frank, Chipmunk! Keep up the fire!"

“Jawohl!” Fuchs shouted as he adjusted his M320 up and to the right of his current point of aim, another distorted “WHUMP” joined the exchange of gunfire as a 40mm round left the barrel of the launcher.

"Copy Sir, doing my best!" Lucia radioed back as she quickly locked another thirty-five round magazine into the Galil.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:30 pm

"Vermilion 2-1 Point this is Silver 3-1 Point, my mortars are repositioned and ready to fire again. Send coordinates." Kolkka reported. Dodik quickly grabbed his receiver.

"Silver 3-1, standby for immediate fire mission; enemy force is well-entrenched!" He said quickly. the artilleryman nodded.

"Understood, send em."

The spotters in the schoolhouse and the Locust drone provided the angles for the Antilions' next shots. Dodik had prioritized the MGS and requested smoke so his men could fight back effectively. Those near Lewis's Cobra 2-3 were pinned down with four wounded from the newest Rosenthal units while the squads in the town that were advancing had been brought to 40-50% casualties each. The men in already in cover fared better; One fired on Komodo's FAV while it fled, timing his burst from his M84A3 LMG for when the GAU wasn't pointed anywhere near him. Two other troops fired M92 anti-tank 90mm weapons at the fleeing machine to cover the men taking cover in buildings amongst wide-eyed Nords.

Half of Kolkka's battery deployed precision rounds to deal with the MGS. Ironically enough the design was copied from the Bofors Strix. Bofors was Nordic. All three were lobbed towards the MGS and the vehicles nearest it. As per the design, they employed an IR sensor that picked out Greyhound 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3. Kollka ordered two salvos of the stuff.

His other three mortars employed smoke rounds, standard stuff. They fired two salvos: both for the forwardmost troops. As they landed the M-89s had also split their fire. One had spotted Scarecrow moving (they saw shapes moving about up the slope) and engaged with his gun. Two others returned fire on the Nordic Stingrays to give more cover to their infantry. The last engaged Reaver's team as it moved. As the smoke billowed out, Erusean dismounts made use of it. Two grenadiers, one wounded but undeterred, launched HEDP-type rounds across the way towards the coalition infantry line. The first men brought into action were the M84 gunners, who provided short bursts so the others could start shooting. The third layer came when three M92s flew across the way, two aimed for Esteban's Stingray and a third going as far as to try and get Kousuke. The Eruseans raked their fire across the first and second lines of defense. The M92s were swiftly reloaded to be fired on the Nords; the riflemen and machinegunners would take the Marines at the edge of the pocket.

In the meantime, Dodik checked his recon unit's status. The Nords had zapped one of his ATGM Hunters, and the Oseans had taken out its accompanying 20mm carrier. As he received a report that one of his M-89s had been hit by a TOW, he looked over at an Erusean Air Force Lieutenant attached to the company.

"They're five minutes out, Captain." He assured, reading his superior's mind. Good, very good. The coalition wasn't the only one with plenty to bring.

Weapon Loadouts:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:11 pm