A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Skalski Air Base Runways, Tarmac, and Hangars

Ronin201

Skalski Air Base Runways, Tarmac, and Hangars

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Skalski Air Base was one of the Wiekavalian Air Force's (WvAF) most strategically important bases in terms of geographic location. Placed at the southeastern corner of the country, from it WvAF patrol planes and fighters had been guarding their country's sovereignty for generations. It'd been one of the few satellite states the Yuktobanians had in the region during the Cold War. The air of the staring contest between the superpowers still hung around in the squat, concrete hangars camouflaged by grass grown over their tops. The stone, aqua, and beige-colored buildings that housed personnel and administrative components. Part of the base was still home to a few old barracks that had once housed part of a VVS MiG-25R squadron deployed here to get closer to Osea to spy on them. The entire place also smelt sterile, very sterile. Brigadier General Franklin "Nightmare" Kruger, Osean Marine Corps, certainly felt like he'd gone back to the year Viktor Belenko landed at Puerda Blanca Airport in Sapin. The old pilot watched as Osean C-17s were offloading the cargo aboard them, helping to establish the base for the UN taskforce. Across the way several WvAF MiG-35Ms sat, waiting at the ready in case the Eruseans came this far west.

He was grateful for this assignment and also unhappy with it. Who would've thought being in command of a multinational wing would be fraught with politics? At the same time, he did feel honored to be chosen to take several different air arms and apply them cohesively. The man looked up at the sound of jet engines and looked around for the jets that were returning.

"Think this PR stunt will work, General?" Commandant Jacques Francoise of the Emmerian Air Force, his second-in-command, asked.

"It'll work, but not as a PR stunt. It'll work as a damned effective fighting force, because that's how we're gonna run it." The Marine replied, spotting the first jets arriving. He spotted a fourship of F-24s as they passed by over the eastern part of the base.

"Skalski Tower, Skull 210 requesting clearance for landing." Jed radioed as he passed over the base.

"Skull 210, cleared for landing on Runway 2-N. Winds West-Northwest at 2 Knots." An accented voice replied. He could tell the man had to think a little bit in using a non-Metric measurement.

Jed thanked the man and split off from Annie before she called for permission to land after him. He kept his jet in a sharp bank until he'd turned 180 degrees and ran south of the base before slowing and turning again.

"AI, one last diagnostic please." Jed asked as he reached to extend the landing gear.

"Yes Lieutenant...landing gear is structurally sound." his computer told him.

After adjusting his flaps and making sure his wings were full extended, Jed lined up the runway and the Approach Landing System (ALS) of the base and brought his jet in slowly. He'd decided not to ask for a victory roll; he doubted the WvAF was very familiar with the procedure and now wasn't the time. He'd save that for when he made ace. He tensed a little for the final few seconds, but when the jet was firmly rolling down the long strip of concrete he once again relaxed. Carrier landings had made him feel more comfortable with landing "feet dry". The pilot rolled to a taxing pace and turned left, AI easing back the wings at his command. He raised the canopy and looked over to the left as Annie started to make her approach.

Annie, as a trained and qualified pilot should, made her landing without incident. Her flight lead was impressed that she'd proven to be quite the warrior today, beautiful and deadly. It conjured up a very Amazonian-esque image of Anjali Chopra. Jed blushed and looked forward, once again trying not think of her like that. Besides, his chances with her were dead, for now anyways.

"Lieutenant, the temperature inside your helmet is rising." AI warned.

"AI, shut up." Jed muttered, pulling off his mask and pushing up his visor.

"That's an invalid order, Lieutenant." AI politely informed him. Jed frowned and ignored him as he taxied to an awaiting Wolfe and Co.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Re: Skalski Air Base Runways, Tarmac, and Hangars

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Approaching Skalski, Cortana hailed Skalski Approach and then shortly afterwards switched to the tower frequency.  "Skalski Tower, Serpent 1 requesting permission to land."

"Permission granted, Serpent.   Cleared to land Runway 2-2 L.  Winds 7 ki- er, 4 knots at 220.  Welcome back."

"Thank you, Serpent."

With Cortana having handled the conversations and also even projecting the optimal glideslope on his HUD, the landing was absurdly easy.  Night Witch effortlessly glided in, her bicycle main landing gear kicking up a puff of snow as it kissed the runway, followed moments after by the nose gear.  The FB-22 rolled off the runway, making room for Ay Chihuahua right after it, and then the two F-02s.

Due to the cold ambient temperature, Sharky and Shamu elected to skip the usual tradition of raising the squadron's unofficial flag and blaring their theme song, a customized version of "Drink" by the Lenish band Alestorm that they had commissioned several years ago, instead rolling up to their shelters and shutting down the engines, climbing down after the boarding ladders were brought up to the aircraft.  

As Sharky removed his helmet, Johnny asked, holding out Sharky's well-worn hooded PCU jacket, "How'd she do, sir?"

Sharky gladly accepted the jacket from the skinny Shimoji-Osean and said, "We got three, Yappy Dog got four."

"Way to go, sir!"

Sharky shrugged, "Eh, I've done better, but it's not bad for our first day back."

"That it isn't, sir.  Performance okay?"

"Yep.  She hummed.  May wanna give her a thorough check, though.  We were down pretty low."

Johny chuckled, "We always do when you fly her, sir."

"Good man.  Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go say hello to some folks."

"Roger that."  As Sharky began to walk away, Johnny called after him, raising his voice over the sound of jet engines, "Oh, Mr. Sharky!  What about the kill markings?"

Sharky waved back to Johnny dismissively, "Ah, you take care of that.  I've done my share of painting."

"Got it, sir."

Joined by Shamu, Sharky walked over towards the parking spots the F-24s had taken up.

Last edited by shomu1 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 pm

"Nedre One requesting permission to land."

As he waited for his reply, the Major looked at the airbase in the far north. It was much larger then he expected for a small nation.

"Nedre flight, you have permission to land."

The mission went well, but we still haven't even met with the other pilots. At least they seem good.

Both Nedre planes landed. As Sabrina got out she saw the strange aircraft, F-24? over across the runway.

Ohh..

"Hey Brina, nice work ou---"

Brian looked to see his wingman walking towards the other planes

"Hey wait!"

He sprinted over, clumsily removing his helmet. As he ran over he noticed a few of the other pilots. One of them was a large dark skinned man.

Holy crap, is that?

He shock his head.

Man, this is some serious stuff if they pulled him out of retirement.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 am

"How'd she do, sir?"

At least that's what Jed knew Wolfe had said.

"She was a dream, Wolfe; killed two bandits in her. One Nos and a Berkut." He explained. the older man whistled.

"Shit son, Walker family genes are really in you!" He grinned.

Jed descended from the jet and the two shook hands firmly.

"Congrats sir...hey Brian! Get the paint and stencils, we've got markings to paint!" Wolfe added.

Jed looked back at the jet and felt more relief and pride wash over him; another reminder he'd lived and won. He looked over as Annie's F-24 slowed to a stop and her ground crew rushed to the machine to ready it for future use. Annie pulled off her helmet and looked over at Jed, who flashed a small smile at her. She managed a polite one in return.

"Good flight, Lieutenant?" Her Plane Captain, a boyish-looking sailor named Evan, asked.

"Yes, very. I destroyed one CFA-44." She replied with a nod.

"Oh! Congrats!" the young man said with surprise in his words.

Annie nodded gratefully and followed him down the boarding steps to the ground. She found Jed was approaching her; he offered a hand.

"Like Ah said, good job." He nodded. She accepted the gesture and the two shook.

Annie felt some warmth in the move, like he was warming up to her again. She was about to act on it when Streetfighter came running up and tried to put Jed in a headlock.

"You see this guy! I mean did you see him? Born fighter!" The man shouted, still pumped form the adrenaline. He and Jed high-fived.

"Hey don't go selling yerself short, Street. Ah ain't no one-man army." He laughed as he and Prettyboy shook hands. Streefighter's wingman offered Annie a hand.

"Good job, Tsun-Tsun." He nodded. She kept her smile and accepted the gesture.

"Thank you."

As Jed was being pressed by Street to share details of his kill, he noted a pair of familiar figures approaching. He hadn't seen either in several years of actively (but quietly) avoiding where they lived, but he was rather excited to see them. He admittedly felt like he'd just earned some rite of passage, fighting along Sharky Sarkar and Shamu Suara. He looked at the others.

"Come on, Ah want y'all to meet someone." He said. Annie cocked a brow at the men but followed. Jed held up a hand in greeting as he approached.

"Howdy Mr. Sharky, Mr. Shamu!" He called.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:19 am

Sharky raised a hand in greeting, but Shamu said loudly, "Well if it isn't young Jed!  What a coincidence to see you here!"

Sharky rolled his eyes in amusement, considering Jed's presence in the task force was one of the reasons he and Shamu had come out of semi-retirement in the first place, and said with mock disappointment, "Jed, Jed, Jed.  All those years under my tutelage, which I provided gratis, all those rides in the back of Levy, and you go and fly tinker toys.  Tsk tsk tsk."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:29 pm

The two F-02s of Serpents 3 and 4 had checked off station and followed behind Serpent's 1 and 2. 

"Serpent 1-2, flight of two F-02s requesting permission to land." called Chart.

The tower responded, "Roger Serpent, cleared runway 2-2L, winds at 4 knots, welcome to Skalski." 

The two F-02s flew over and performed a perfect carrier break, swinging in to land. Dropping the flaps and gear, the jagged wings made the Wyverns look like a pair of Jaegers coming in to land. Touching down gently, the aircraft rolled out and taxied to the Rosenthal revetments. Spooling down, Riley popped the canopy, and the pair were greeted by a rush of cold air. unhinging his oxygen mask and pushing up his visor, Riley clamored out of the cockpit and down the ladder. Chart began to gather the flight data recorders while Riley walked over to the small Verusean man who served as his Crew Chief.

"She flew like a charm Marsh! Get some spray paint out and add a CFA-44 to the nose!" exclaimed Riley.

"Hell yeah Sir!" Marshall Chang exclaimed. "motioning to one of the ground crew, Marsh helped Riley plaster the custom Nosferatu stencil to "The Crusader". The white outline was stark against the dark grey of the F-02. After trading a few notes, Riley looked towards the gathering crowd of pilots. 

"Well, let's go introduce ourselves." he said.

"Just don't put the younger ones off with your weirdness." said Chart, punching him playfully in the arm. 

"Hey, I'm not THAT weird," said Riley in a mock offended voice, "I just enjoy the..odder.. things in life. Also you're not one to talk, Miss I have an army of sea stars" 

"That's a perfectly normal hobby, obsessing over new military tech is not!" she retorted.

The pair continued their banter as they walked towards the gathering. 

Walking up behind Sharky, Riley noticed the man he was talking to looked quite similar to Mark Walker, an Osean Navy pilot Riley had flown with on his first combat deployment. 

"So, this is the Jed Walker I've heard about," he said with a smile. "Nice to finally meet you. I'm Chris Riley, I flew with your dad back in ONS when I was a Marine squadron lead. My WSO here is Charlotte Redford, or Chart."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Peaches brought her F-02 to land right behind Riley's, performing the routine of taxiing over to the hangar and disembarking.  Climbing down the ladder, she gruffly waved off the crew chief, who had come up with a stencil, expecting a kill.  The moment Speedy dismounted the Wyvern, she smacked him in the back of the helmet.  "Owww!  Fuck was that for?"

Peaches said smugly, "You know what that was for."

Speedy grumbled, "I still don't get why you're so touchy about that..."

"Because I'm not your mama, and I'm not little."

Considering the 5' 8" tall brunette was indeed taller than him by a solid 3 inches, Speedy had no choice but to concede to her point. "Okay then, partner, what do you wanna do?"

Peaches shrugged.  "Eh, let's go check up on Taco and Shady."

Looking over at the two rookies, who were helping the ground crew apply the stencils to Ay Chihuahua!, Speedy said, "Up to you bro, but those bros are gonna be ridin' high considering they got top score this time out."

"Ah, who cares?  Like the boss says, we got the job done."

Speedy smirked.  "You been doin' that yoga like the psych lady told ya, haven't ya?"

"Maybe.  Or I may have beat the shit out of a heavy bag before we went up."

"Haha, that shit's CAAAASH, yo.  Alright, alright, I can dig, I can dig.  Let's go congratulate the newbies."

Meanwhile Sharky said to Riley, "Yes, this is young Jed.  You should have seen him around anyway, I gave him a ride in the back of Leviathan a couple of times."

Having heard Riley and Chart's argument, Shamu said, "Riley, it's sand dollars she collects.  Not sea stars."  As Sharky raised an eyebrow inquisitively, Shamu added, "And yes I still remember."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:00 pm

"I have, never talked to him though." said Riley.

"Yeah Raptor, how could YOU forget!" said Chart, "Must be your old age."

"I'm not that old Chart, hell, you're only a few years younger." 

"But I don't look old, you do."

Riley stroked his graying hair and harrumphed, "Fine, mock your elder."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Sharky said firmly, "And I'm older than the both of ya, so shush, children."

Shamu said with a smirk, "Don't look it, though."

"Such is the wonder of medical advancements."

Shamu chuckled, "Yeah, now you've got those Halloween vampire costume contests locked down.  Since, ya know, you kinda are one."

Sharky simply grinned slyly in response.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:13 pm

"Aw don't hate on the Hellcat too much, Mr. Sharky. She's a good bird." Jed insisted, going along with the joke. He then cleared his throat and turned so the rest of the VF-34 detachment's pilots were visible.

"Anyways this is Lieutenant Nathan Gulesch, Lieutenant Junior Grade Rick Willan, and Lieutenant Anjali Chopra." He added, motioning at his friends. Street held up his helmet in greeting.

"Cause a this." He nodded, hoping they'd get he meant the headband.

"Didn't know Jed was in with the Goldies." Nathan had to comment.

"Like the man said: Ah've been up in the jet before. And yes, once again the threats to eject were a true story. The vomiting was Kayla giving me shit." Jed replied, not shying away from his association with Rosenthal.

Annie looked the two men up and down quickly and then nodded.

"Yes, Lieutenant Anjali Chopra, Her Majesty's Fleet Air Arm. I tend to prefer Annie." She clarified.

"My wingwoman, otherwise known as Tsun-Tsun." Jed added as Riley and Chart arrived. Annie frowned at her callsign.

"Yes sir, that Ah am. Ah do believe he mentioned a few Marine Supers every now and again. Mainly during the last days...around Kedhan's capital." Jed recalled. He held out a hand, remembering his manners

"Either way nice to meet you."

Weapon Loadouts:

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:36 pm

The approach to Skalski for the Hellhounds was the usual routine of getting in pattern, orbiting, and waiting their turn to land. One by one the aircraft of various types landed; each getting their clearances and parking in their respective revetments or hangars. For Naomi the satisfaction of earning her first kill filled her with a sense of achievement and relief, her first encounter didn't lead to her taking heavy fire or taking damage. In the meantime voice of Victor filled the comms, bemoaning coming up empty handed.

"Everyone gets a piece and didn't land a single hit. Man, I must have really pissed the RNG gods today."

Erich clicked his mic and shot back, "You played your role Victor, Your time will come. This deployment is FAR from over. I am just glad that my first time out as a section leader in live fire combat wasn't an epic fail."

"I'd say we kicked some decent ass out there Captain." Spikes replied. "Naomi, what do you think of the line right now?"

Naomi smirked, "I've seen worse. The line for the bathrooms at the Warwhore concert was awful. Thought I'd have to gamble going into a porta-john."

The flight chuckled at Naomi's analogy as their turn to land finally came.

"Hellhound Lead to Skalski Tower, request clearance to land at this time."

"Hellhound, this is Skalski tower. You are cleared to land on Runway 2-2L, winds variable at 4 knots. Welcome back Hellhound. Good to see you're all alive." The accented controller called back as the four splinter camouflaged jets made their landing.

"Many thanks Tower, gear down full stop."

The planes of Hellhound flight came to a stop at their respective hangar, their pilots unbuckling and preparing to dismount as their crew chiefs and various technicians approached their planes. Naomi's crew chief Steven appeared alongside the open cockpit of Naomi's fighter as she undid her ponytail and fitted the dull gold tiara-like hairband her sister bought her to her head.

"How was it Nomad?" Malmsteem asked, checking various portions of the aircraft's displays and the AI port. "I see our Wolf Princess made it back in one piece."

Naomi smiled, "It was rather tense for a while, the sixteenth was getting hammered the whole time we were engaged. Lead and Spikes bagged one and I got one with a single Sidewinder when we closed. All my 120 shots went stupid. We drove the barbarians back in the end."

"Good to hear! Keep that up and I'm sure we'll get the Nords back on their feet."

"I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself there Tinman." Naomi said while she dismounted her Taipan, noticing the various aircraft lined up along the flightline amongst them the F-24C's of her cousin's squadron and mixed formation of F-02C and FB-22's of the Basilisks.

"Hey, someone's got to be an optimist around here." Spikes smirked, looking at Naomi. "Nice job out there Nomad."

"Thanks. Where's Otaku?"

"Went to talk to his girlfriend and get something to drink, said he'd catch up with us later." Erich replied, the trio standing beside Naomi's jet and crew.

"You go on ahead and do what you need to do. I got this Nomad."

"I'm counting on you Tinman."

"Of course."

The three pilots now walked towards Hellcat II's parked nearby, Naomi caught sight of her cousin and spoke up. "Jed! Its nice to see you on the ground again." Naomi said, hugging the lanky pilot while acknowledging the PMC pilots. "How was it up there? Hi Uncle Sharky, Uncle Shamu."
    viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Sabrina started to examine the exotic aircraft. She had never seen anything like it.

F-24? the Raptor and the Wyvern I've see a million times. I've never heard of this.

She tried to get closer to the craft walking around ground crew and the like. Getting to the back she looked at the engines, trying to stay out of the way while looking at the craft. By this point Brian stopped paying attention to her. 

So it is them.

He walked over to the small crowed, waited for them to pause and jumped in

"Hey nice work out there folks! Major Brian Rosato, Osean Air Defense force ANG."
    Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:13 pm

The F/A-64s of Haukka had the most fuel left, so they were the last to return. The pair roared overhead, and broke off to land.

"Skalski Tower, Haukka 1-1, requesting permission to land." said Karhila.

"Roger, cleared 2-2L, winds 4 knots." said tower.

The Phantoms made a neat formation landing, and taxied to their hangars. Shutting down the engines, Karhila barely flinched as the arctic vortex swept into the cockpit. Climbing down the ladder that was hitched to the canopy lip, he saluted his crew chief and exchanged a couple of remarks. Stretching his legs, he joined Lahti, who had bagged her helmet.  

"Sometimes I envy your height Kardinaali, but then I have to get something off of a high shelf." he said with a smirk."

Lahti stuck her tongue out at him, but changed the direction of the conversation as they began their walk toward the gathering fighter jocks. 

"I still can't believe they ran like that, cowards." 

"Keep in mind, they aren't some movie air force full of those who fight to the death." said Karhila.

"Yes, but until today, they would fight us until they were low on fuel." Lahti said.

"They must not like these new odds." responded Nahri. "Now lets meet some of those odd eveners."

Walking up to the PMC pilots he had seen around base, he saluted the group and said, "I'm Captain Risto Karhila, callsign Nahri. Thank you for coming to help our country. This is my Weapons Officer Aikki Lahti. We'd like to thank you personally, and we look forward to flying with you again. You saved many lives."

Lahti however, was distracted by the tall, older looking pilot standing next to the red headed WSO. She worked her jaw up and down a bit. Glancing at his back seater, he said, Kard, you gonna say hello to our allies?" 

"Oh, yes, nice to meet you all!" she exclaimed, grinning. 

Riley turned his head to the new arrivals. 

Returning the Nordic pilots salute, he said, "Chris Riley, callsign Raptor, my WSO here is Charlotte Redford, also known as Chart. And your welcome, I've always dreamed of coming here, under different circumstances albeit."
    shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Shamu said with a frown, "The bits of your lunch I had to pick off of my MFDs would disagree with you, Young Jed."

Meanwhile Sharky nodded at the Navy pilots in greeting.  "Nice to meet you all."  Looking over Annie, he asked in Bengali, "The infamous Annie, I presume?"

Turning to Naomi, he gave the tall Shimoji-Osean a warm hug.  "Hey, Nomes.  I see you've got the tiara going again.  Saw you got a kill.  Congrats.  You should give Kayles a call when you get a chance.  She'd be glad to hear that."

Having checked up on Taco and Shady, Peaches and Speedy walked up to the rest of their flight, followed by the rookies, just in time to notice Sabrina gawking at the F-24.  Peaches said under her breath, "Looks like nerd girl's getting curious."

Speedy said with a smile, "I dunno, she's kinda cute."

Peaches growled, "Keep it in your pants.  I don't wanna have to explain to Sandy that you were getting frisky on deployment again."

"Yeah, yeah."

Raising an eyebrow, Taco asked, "I don't get it.  Why's she so surprised?  The F-24's been around for YEARS."

Speedy said flippantly, "Eh, she's ANG.  They all live under rocks."

Peaches added, "According to her file she's a lab rat too."

"Well that explains it even more."

Sharky frowned at the interruption, but extended a hand to Brian.  "Nice to meet you."  To the Nords, he said, "It's what they pay us for."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:27 am

Annie cocked a brow.

"May I ask why I'm infamous?" She commented in the same tongue, looking at Jed. Annie then caught the term "Kayles" as Naomi approached and embraced Jed. The oldest of the "cousins"  returned the hug Naomi had given him, using one of the bear hugs he used to give her when they were younger.

"Heya Lil Fireball, Ah heard y'all kicked those 'Ruseans in the balls good!" He congratulated.

"Hello again Naomi, good to see you." She said, returning to Osean and taking on a pleasant smile.

Deep inside Annie was hoping that Naomi was unaware what'd happened a few nights ago, but she couldn't help but still want to skirt any potential awkwardness that might now be lingering. The man who'd talked about "Kayles" was most likely the father of Kayla, she guessed, which meant that something about her had been passed along the line. Jed HAD been reportedly found very drunk by Streetfighter, Prettyboy and Blade...something probably did slip. That wasn't good, not in her mind; her prideful side didn't like it. It meant people might be jumping to conclusions, interacting with her in ways that would isolate her. She honestly didn't want to be any more alone than the wealthy life had already made her.

In the meantime Wolfe noted Sabrina was walking around the F-24 (this F-24 just as much as it was Jed's).

"Scuse me miss, can I help you?" He grunted. At least when translated from his gravely, barely-intelligible way of speaking that's what he'd said.

Last edited by Ronin201 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 am

Noticing the wheels turning in Annie's head, Sharky said helpfully, "You met my daughter in Sapin when you were on liberty.  She said some nice things about you.  Which is flattering, considering, well..."

"That Kayla normally bitches out 80% of the people she meets," Shamu finished.

"Yeah, that.  She is...  Let's say, picky, on the people she associates with."  Switching back to Bengali, Sharky said, "The 'infamous' bit was just me being funny."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

viperzero
    Global Moderator

Post by viperzero on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Brian grabbed the other man's hand "Hey great flying up there. Major Brian Rosato" he paused for a second "Hey you wouldn't happen to work for Rosenthal would you? You look familiar.
    -----

On closer inspection Sabrina did recognize the plane, but she had never seen an F-24 in person. suddenly she heard a man talking to her. She turned to hear a man ask her questions, the trouble was she didn't really understand what on earth he was say.

"Uhhh." 

She realized she in all likelihood shouldn't have run up to the aircraft. different service branch. She tried to look him in the eye, but had trouble keeping contact.

"Oh I'm sorry, I've never seen a variable geometry aircraft out of a museum, I forgot there still where a few. Its a really beautiful machine and um. Your pilots are very good. She was now a little embarrassed and hoped she hadn't blown her working relation with the other pilots already.
    Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Naomi stood still and took in her cousin's embrace feeling elated by his presence, for the two this was a normal occurrence before they went their separate ways in college and the military. Naomi then replied, "We certainly did kick them in the balls, I had to close in to get my kill though. All of my BVR shots went stupid as stupid can get. Its nice to see you again. You're looking healthy."

Naomi then turned her attention to her Uncle Sharky, "Hi Uncle Sharky, yeah. Decided to bring it along for the ride, Kiera thought it fit me well. I think she's right. Goes with the whole "Wolf Princess" persona and thanks for the congratulations, I kept calm and just did what I had been trained to do." Taking a breath she then commented about Sharky's daughter and her other non-related cousin. "I'll make sure to call her once we wind down for the day, I haven't said much to her since we shoved off Nordlands. Same goes for my Pina and Lulu."

"Kayla is VERY picky; but I wouldn't blame her Uncle Sharky." Naomi then acknowledged Annie, "Hello Annie."

Erich then spoke up as he observed Sabrina looking over the F-24 and Taco's comment, "Those planes have been in service since 2033, not necessarily new machines on the scene."

"Ah, let her gawk." Gisele shot back.

Erich cleared his throat, "Oh allow me to introduce myself. Captain Erich Winters. Osean Air Force, 107th Fighter Squadron. I am Naomi's flight lead and superior. You two must be Sharky and Jed. This is-"

"Lieutenant Gisele Kramer, better known as Spikes. I am Naomi's friend and this lot's Number Three. My Captain is also known as Wolf Dog."

"Yes. Impressive work out there by the way."
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 pm

"Are you interested in the Hellcat? Als never seen a swing-wing bird? Osean Navy's only used em for decades! Tomcat, Thunderhawk, now the Hellcat!" Wolfe replied in a slightly confused tone. The bearded man was still hard to understand without Jed around to help. Said pilot was talking to all the others.

"First guy Ah had to get with a Winder; he pulled some weird stall maneuver and screwed himself over, too." Jed replied before letting go so he wouldn't squeeze the life out of her.

"Yes, nice to meet y'all Captain, Lieutenant. Ah hope Nomes here has said good things, or at least not too many bad things." Jed said with a grin, extending a hand and using his rank out of habit.

Annie smiled at Naomi, looking to distance herself further from Santa Marina. "Hello again Naomi, it's good to see you. I'm glad to see you're safe."

She tried her best to ignore the "Kayla bitches people out" remark and think of her in a more positive light. Kayla had, after all, tried to kindle things and had done her part. She only nodded at both that and Sharky's explanation that he was joking.

"I'm also glad I made a good impression. Tell her I still wish to have lunch." She added.

"Good to see you again, Naomi. I know we didn't really get introduced much but still." Streetfighter smiled as he approached the Air Force pilot.

"Also Bronco, we uh, wanna maybe help the Guard Gal over there? I think Wolfe's confusing her too much." He added, lowering his voice. Jed nodded and looked over at Sabrina.

"Miss, Ah know what he's saying but Ah can't hear him. He won't bite, either. Wolfe, got the stencil and paint?" He spoke up. Wolfe held up both up to be seen.

"Awright, well let'd get to it, shall we?" Jed nodded, walking to the Plane Captain and accepting the items. 

The two walked around to the starboard side of the jet and Wolfe climbed up the boarding steps to hold the star-shaped stencil below Jed's name of the machine. Jed applied two orange stars, which one of the ground crew photographed. Wolfe and Jed shook hands before the other VF-34 aircraft with kills were tended to so they could get their kill stars. In the meantime General Kruger approached the gaggle politely, Commandant Francoise in tow.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Sharky raised an eyebrow as he shook Brian's hand, having never seen the man before in his life.  "That's what the patch on my shoulder says."  To Naomi he said, "I don't blame you.  She's been kind of busy prepping for finals, even though she's home on break, and she's now gotta keep an eye on her mom..."  Sharky frowned slightly as he said the last bit, his frustration at having left Gale as he did still fresh on his mind.

As Erich and Gisele introduced themselves, Shamu asked, "Wait, weren't there four of you?"

Peaches spoke up, "I think he ditched to go see some lady friend or somesuch."

"Ah, that I am fully familiar with.  Very well."

Shaking his head quickly to clear it, not wanting to ruin the mood, Sharky turned to Erich.  "Yep, I'm her Uncle Sharky.  Looks like you've done a good job of getting the kid trained up.  I appreciate it.  Naomi's like a daughter to me."

Shamu spoke up, "Which must make it awkward considering-"  He was silenced quickly by an elbow from Sharky.  "Right not the place, my bad."  Rubbing his arm, Shamu continued, "As for our work out there, well, we've done better.  Guess we're just a bit rusty.  Ten years with no real world ops'll do that for ya."

"Well, no better way to shake the rust off."  Turning to Annie, Sharky said, "I'll be sure to tell her that."

Noticing the general and commandant approaching, Peaches said quietly, "Psst.  Pooh-bahs inbound, 7 o'clock."

Noticing the general's uniform, Speedy quipped, "Hey Riley, it's one of your people!  You can finally have a fraaaaaand."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:27 am

Jed quickly withdrew the handshake when the general approached. He wasn't trying to be rude to the Captain; he simply was a creature of habit and that habit was to salute a superior officer. Especially a general. The rest of the Navy detachment followed suit until Kruger returned the gesture.

"At ease." the senior man nodded.

"Everyone I'm Brigadier General Franklin Kruger, the man in charge of this little multinational unit. This here is my Executive Officer, Commandant Jacques Francoise of the Armee De L'air." He said. The Emmerian man nodded.

"Bonjour." He said quickly and politely.

"I won't stand here making us all freeze in the cold so I can give some big introduction speech; several of you are already stationed here at the base already and the rest will be shown to your rooms by the local MPs. Briefing and flight schedules will be sent out via email; expect to be busy with 12 divisions currently pushing westwards. I'd love to answer questions but quite frankly I have my own fires to douse and the strategic situation is little different from when you were all last briefed, pending you were filled in on it." He said, speaking in a very even, businesslike manner.

He knew all his assets in the wing. Four Navy types, a pair of ANG pilots whose day jobs were for a private contractor, eight actual private contractors from the famous (and infamous) Rosenthal, four Hailstorm pilots from the REAF (the lead of which was the daughter of one of the Emmerian contingent's higher ups), two UAF pilots on exchange, four Air Forcers, and four Nordic Phantom III drivers. A lot of assembled firepower but also a wide variety of aircraft. Operations was going to have a field day.

"Either way it's nice to meet you all. For our new pilots, welcome to Skalski." He nodded.

The man turned away and started walking, Commandant hurrying out a reply before following. Jed looked at his jet, and then the other Daredevil pilots.

"Alright then guys, Tic-Tac should be along soon but in the meantime we should probably get settled in and have our jets squared away." He proposed. The others nodded.

"See y'all around." He added, nodding to the others before turning to finish things with Wolfe and see to it he found his room on the base.

"Nice meeting you all." Annie said in farewell, nodding her head and walking off as the others did.

"I'm not going to enjoy this cold...too much like St. Augustine's." She mumbled to herself.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Sharky nodded as he listened to the general's introduction, having already been impressed by the man's businesslike manner in previous conversations with him.  After Kruger left, he said, "Well, guess there's no sense in sticking around out here.  Jed, Nomes, good to see you.  Annie, nice to meet you."

Sharky and Shamu turned and walked back towards the Rosenthal flight line, followed by the rest of their entourage.  As they walked past one of the two black CV-22Bs parked in the open, 4 bearded men walked down the ramp of the large tiltrotor, their rifles cradled in their arms.  Their leader, a tall yet thickly built man with a short brown beard and arms that seemed too long for his height, raised a hand in greeting. "Hey, Sharkman!"

"Oh, hey, what's up, Caveman."

"The usual, sitting around, waiting for you flyboys to get in trouble."

"Looks like you guys aren't sitting anymore."

"Well, you know how it is, flight ops are over for now, so we're off alert."

"Fair enough."

Shifting his Remington R5 on its sling, Caveman said, "You know, I'm still surprised you came on this det, man."

Sharky shrugged.  "It was a spur of the moment thing."

"How'd Hurricane react?"

Sharky frowned.  "You know how she gets."

Caveman's eyes widened.  "That bad, huh?"

Sharky simply nodded.

"Shit, sir, I'm sorry.  You gonna be alright up there?"

"Yeah.  I'll be alright.  Besides.  If something goes tits up, I have you lovely individuals to save my crusty old butt."

Scarecrow grinned.  "Don't you forget it."

Shamu asked, "So where's your hulk of a boss?"

"At this point?  Probably freezing his ass off in some house up north.  They inserted with Shadow 1-1 last night."

"I see."

The tallest of the four operators flipped up the battered ballistic mask attached to his helmet to reveal his equally battered face and said in a voice that sounded like a bucket of marbles being dragged over a gravel driveway, "Don't tell him I said this, but honestly I'm kinda glad we drew CSAR duty instead of recon."

Sharky chuckled, "Your secret's safe with me, Hacker."

"Appreciated, Mr. Sharky.  How's 'Nado?"

"Good enough, I suppose.  Little bummed her vacation got cut short, but she's glad to be able to train with Voodoo again."

"Yeah, I bet.  Tell her I said hi."

"Will do.  Anyway, we gotta get going.  Paperwork and all that jazz."

"See you around, sir."

"You too, Royce."  Waving farewell to the 4 CSAR operators, Sharky and Shamu headed back to their quarters.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Cerberus_K18

Post by Cerberus_K18 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Naomi glanced off to the side upon the mention of her "Aunt" Gale Sarkar, better known as "Hurricane" to her friends and coworkers. Naomi had heard about the reaction her Aunt had to her Uncle Sharky's departure to Skalski and his commitment to the war effort against Erusea. She wanted to say something, but decided to try and sidestep the issue while keeping with the topic of her Cousin Kayla.

"I'm glad she's on break from studies, that means we can make some time to talk when were not bogged down with our...duties." Naomi replied to her Uncle as she thought about her own Mother, a veteran of the wars Osea had engaged in before she was born as a pilot, she'd need to talk to her own parents soon. Tell them of her achievement and reassure her Mother and Aunt Rein.
    Before Gisele could reply on Victor's disappearance Naomi spoke up, "Victor has a girlfriend in Rio Verde back home. He went to Skype her and get something to drink. Vic's a nice guy once you get to know him. A big nerd like Pina."

"What Nomad said, Victor is our resident Anime and Video Game Otaku. Poor kid shacked up with a cosplayer several leagues above him. He's doomed." Gisele chuckled.

"How he got his TAC." Said Erich before continuing on about Naomi. "I have heard plenty about you Mr. Sarkar, almost as much as I have heard about her Parents and Aunt Rein. I've done everything to make sure my group is as ready as they ever are. Naomi's adapts very quickly."

"Hell, she got down the floor plan of Skalski before any of us could." Gisele spoke, Naomi blushing slightly before turning to Jed, "Post stall antics can only get you so far in dogfighting."

The group then turned their attention to Kruger and his Emmerian counterpart as they approached, welcomed them, and gave a slight explanation of the situation at hand for the coalition and his command. Naomi and his wingmen then replied to the Contractor and Navy pilots.

"We'll see you around and in the air If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask one of us." Erich said. "Its been a pleasure guys."

Naomi smiled, "I'll be around and available if you need to talk to me when we're not busy with squadron affairs."

"See ya." Gisele simply replied as the three went back to their respective quarters.

Angvir

Post by Angvir on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 am

Since the Talons were slower than many of the other aircraft, thanks to being stealthier multiroles than a number of their contemporaries, Cerus and Noel eased into an approach pattern, taking their time with no worry of going belly-up with a low fuel load. The operation had been a success, even if it wasn't particularly smashing, but it had given the forces of the Nordlands time to regroup and prepare to launch a full-on counterattack towards the invading Erusean force. As Cerus watched the last of the faster jets complete their approach, he keyed Skalski's tower frequency, the UHF crisp and clear on the band. "Skalski Tower, this is Nier One, requesting permission to land."

"Nier One, this is Skalski. You are clear for landing at runway 2-N, winds north by northwest. Two knots."

Cerus nodded and deployed his landing gear and flaps, the engine humming relatively softly as he eased towards the long roll of tarmac which stretched across the ground. Turning on his ALS, he lined up the F/A-38, his hand steady on the stick. "Copy, thank you." His HMD and HUD blipped softly as the glideslope distance lowered steadily, the pilot killing the throttle slowly to bring his ride in for a smooth landing. Noel was just behind him, far enough so that she didn't pose a danger for his own landing and just off his starboard wing. They hit the pavement at roughly the same time, the two Talons popping their flaps and rudders sharply as the pair killed the throttles to bring the fighters to a rolling taxi, Noel nodding in her cockpit as she removed her oxygen mask.

The redhead cracked her neck a little before starting to hum, the two relatively stubby jets rolling their way over to the hangar bays that had become their allotted parking spots. Popping the canopy, she undid her helmet and parked the aircraft smartly, powering it down as Cerus raised his own glass to egress from the cockpit, smiling coyly at him as he disembarked. "What, sat in the seat too long? Not used to this yet? I like it. It's cute and chubby, like the F-35 was."

His back seized as he tried to stifle a laugh, getting Rapture to deploy the ladder before he toppled from the plane down to the tarmac below. Pulling her drive out with a thank you, he turned around as he began to climb down, a lopsided grin on his face. "You? Calling things cute? Who are you and what have you done with Noel?"

"Oh shut up. Besides, they handle cleanly, even with a full load. Much better than that garbage pail they had us flying before, and even better than that buttery smooth shortie we used to fly. I'm happy the Emmerians allowed us to field test them; we need to pen a thank you letter."

Rapture chose to chirp in at that moment. "The central processor is much roomier too with better memory banks."

As she sat on the edge of her cockpit, about to climb out, Noel threw her arms out, laughing, "The AI has spoken! She likes them, end of story."

"I never said I didn't like them, I just think we need a bit more time. The flight here was fairly easy, and they performed admirably today, even against much greater opponents. Still, we need more time to familiarize ourselves with the Talons before we make a decision."

"Absolutely no fun at all."

"I CAN be fun, you know that. Just now is not the time."

"Buuullshit~" she replied in a sing-song voice before dropping down from her perch, grinning at the maintenance personnel. "Hey guys~ Stencils! Two Vamps for each."

Cerus put up his hand and glared at her. "No. No stencils. These are borrowed."

"SEE? NO. FUN!"
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:04 am

Skalski Air Base
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1250)
    Eastern Wielvakia

"Dammit Lieutenant, what'd the bird ever do to you to deserve this? She's my baby, too! Now she's gonna be down for at least a day!"

At least that's what Jed translated Wolfe's words into. It highlighted the ever-odd relationship between him and the Plane Captain: Jed was an officer, but Wolfe sure as hell carried a lot of weight.

"We're in a warzone, Wolfe; this was bound to happen. Besides it's done and done so from here we be grateful Ah'm alive, the bird can fly again, and we review what happened so we can improve." Jed replied. His Plane Captain grumbled.

"Just don't do it again; don't wanna have to tell your mama you went and died." He added, sulking away to fix "Skull 210".

Jed sighed and rubbed his hair before turning toward Annie while she talked with her Plane Captain. He turned his helmet around in his hands a few times while he tried to set up how he should go about this. She noted him approaching and nodded softly before wrapping things up with the enlisted man.

"Hello Bronco." She said.

"There's no easy way to say this, Tsun-Tsun, but today had some pretty crappy moments. Ah think we're gonna be spending some time reviewing what almost got us both shot down." He said in a somber tone. She swallowed her pride, hard, and balled one of her fists a little.

"Yes, I understand. I believe we failed to work together properly?" She said, a bit tersely. Jed glanced towards the runway as another jet landed so she'd feel like he wasn't staring so hard at her.

Annie, despite herself, still felt pretty pissed. Guilty because now she was blaming herself for the damage to Jed's jet and the risk it'd put him in. She was also angry that he seemed to be a little more irritated at her than might be called for. She kept herself calm and cleared her throat.

"Perhaps we should work harder together. We are rather stuck together." She suggested, keeping her patience.

"Yeah, and Ah think we may need to ensure yer good with the Hellcat."

"...I assure you I am plenty familiar with my jet."

"Ah'd like to fly a sortie or two to make sure."

Now Annie felt her pride bubbling back up. She quietly hoped for some kind of distraction for Jed.

Weapon Loadouts:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:12 pm