A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Skalski Air Base Runways, Tarmac, and Hangars

shomu1

Re: Skalski Air Base Runways, Tarmac, and Hangars

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:31 am

Skalski Air Base
    November 20, 2045 (Local time 1253)
    Eastern Wielvakia

"Take a look at young Jed's bird," Shamu said, nodding his head in the direction of the damaged Hellcat.

Sharky's frown deepened.  "That's a hell of a lot more than a dent..."   

"Yeah.  Looks like Levy did that time we tangled with that An-12."

"Ugh, don't remind me."  Sharky walked over to Jed and Annie, followed by Shamu.  Looking over the shrapnel damage, he said calmly, "Children."

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Annie's eyebrows arched in a notable lack of amusement at being referred to as a child, but she knew better than to blow up at the man. Instead she adopted a more icy demeanor, saved for when she was not impressed with how she was being talked to.

"How may we help you, Mr. Sarkar?" She asked in an equally aloof and businesslike manner.

Jed reacted a bit more, straightening up and looking at Sharky. He was more accustomed to the man's use of "child" and children".

"Afternoon, Mr. Sharky. Tsun-Tsun and myself were just starting our debrief a little early." He said cautiously.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:51 pm

"I can see that.  So what happened here, pray tell?" Sharky said, gesturing to the damage to Jed's jet.

"Looks like somebody had a little tango with a missile," Shamu commented.

"Indeed.  So what went wrong?"  Sharky's tone wasn't that of an angry parent, but rather a patient instructor attempting to help his student, a persona he had taken on for nearly three decades.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 pm

The two Naval Aviators exchanged looks, but Jed pretty much spilled it. He raised his hands to imitate the planes in the age-old "talking hands" dance pilots did.

"Traffic was heavy and after getting a little close to each other, Ah was put outta position when the Eruseans engaged. Ah was put outta position in a way that put me in a serious disadvantage and rendered me unable to completely dodge an AP-11 that was fired at me." He explained, moving his hands (and soon enough his whole body) to illustrate the affair. When he was done, he lowered his hands.

"AI reported it was all skin damage; no internal injuries." He added. Annie quietly tensed to have her pride hit up some more.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Sharky nodded, visualizing the fight in his head, also using the radar tapes he had viewed on the flight back.  "It happens.  So what put you out of position?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Annie started transmitting her thoughts at Jed as loud as she could.

Don't fucking say it, don't fucking say it, don't fucking say it, don't fucking say it and bring it up later between us...

"We almost had a mid-air." Jed said simply.

Annie kept herself clamped up and nodded.

"The CFAs got very close to us." She admitted.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:19 pm

"Well at least he's got the guts to admit it," Sharky thought to himself.  "Remember what I said about not getting too close unless you had to?  That applies to friendlies too, guys."

Noticing the constipated look on Annie's face, Shamu said, "Tsun-tsun.  Talk.  Clamming up isn't going to help things."

"Not at all.  Let me guess. One, or both, of you got target fixated and lost your SA?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:56 am

Annie simply applied even more stoicism to her demeanor in response to Shamu.

"I have no idea what you're referring to, but as the Lieutenant said we almost collided when we engaged the Eruseans." She replied.

"Arguably it was a temporary loss of SA due to lack of coordination when we attacked the Erusean fourship." Jed said, starting to quiet a bit himself. He'd intended to talk to Annie in private about this but now he was likely to be publicly humiliating.

"Ah was planning on dealing with this more in depth someplace other than the tarmac, Mr. Sharky." He added, hoping the man would start seeing how he was seeing things.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Sharky nodded.  "Good plan.  We'll let you two get out of the cold and talk about things.  We have a wounded jet of our own to worry about."

As Sharky and Shamu walked back towards the Rosenthal jets, Shamu said quietly, "That pride of hers is going to be a problem."

Sharky nodded curtly, his eyes focused on the distance and the horde of maintenance personnel swarming around Ay Chihuahua.  "I know."

"How you want to handle it?"

"Let it play out for now.  We'll worry about it if it gets worse."

"Surprisingly hands-off of you, bro."

Sharky frowned, still focused on the FB-22.  "I've got other things on my mind."  Walking up to Ay Chihuahua, he addressed the plane's crew chief.  "So, how we looking, Jerry?"

Jerry Carlton said in a slow Southern drawl, "Well sir, it coulda been a lot worse.  It's just skin damage, but there's a LOT of it.  We'll need to replace a whole mess a' panels at the rear of the jet.  If this was a Mud Hen or a Quickstrike it'd be no biggie, but-"

"But stealth.  I know.  How long?"

Jerry frowned.  "Well, with the panel replacement, and resealing, and recertification, I'd say... 2 days.  At best."

Sharky raised an eyebrow.  "Two days?"

"I'm sorry sir, but it's a LOT of panels..."

"It's fine."

Taco said apologetically, "Sorry, boss..."

"Don't worry about it.  Like Jerry said, it could be worse.  I'll make a call and get us a spare sent up."

"Understood."

"Anything else you need from me?"

Jerry, Taco, and Shady all shook their heads.  

"Good."  With that, Sharky turned towards the nearest jeep and headed back to the barracks with Shamu in tow.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:22 am

"See y'all round, Mr. Sharky! Still an honor to fly with all a y'all!" Jed called, waving his hand in an effort to make the mood a bit brighter. He then looked at Annie, who was eyeing him with little bemusement.

"Now that our public reprimanding is done, shall we debrief proper?" She asked with a sigh. Jed wheeled around towards the other two in their flight.

"Yeah...Street! Prettyboy! Ah say we  get to debriefing, huh?" He called. Prettyboy held up a hand in acknowledgment and the two walked over, "Yellow Sheets" for gripes and overall aircraft performance in hand. Jed and Annie accepted a copy each.

The fourship walked off towards their neck of the woods of Skalski, discussing kills as they walked. Annie quickly joined the conversation to keep herself from being subject to scrutiny over her mistakes today, at least for now. At the same time, she still felt a little wound up over almost getting Jed (and herself) killed. She sighed and wondered how early the O'Club started serving drinks.

Weapon Loadouts:

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:03 am

Riley and Chart were going over notes with Marsh when they noticed Sharky and Shamu returning to Taco and Shady's FB-22. 

"Looks like #2 ate some hits," remarked Chart. 

"Well at least they really got stuck in, anyways, we should probably get to the debrief," Turning to his crew chief, he saluted and then picked up his kit bag and strolled out of the hangar, adjusting the leather flight jacket he now wore over his flight suit.

"And you told me all my militaria is worthless," He said, giving Chart a grin.

"I never said that, now give me your damn coat, I'm freezing!" she exclaimed.

Riley slid the jacket off and pulled it over her shoulders.

"There, better?"

A pair of blue eyes watched the Rosenthal pilots walk across the tarmac.

"Alright, she's set, let's get going, I need some Coffee." said a voice from behind her.

Lahti jumped, but realized it was only Karhila. 

"R-right, let's go, it is getting a bit chilly." she said, coming out of her haze. 

Karhila waved to his crew, and told them he would get an orderly with some coffee out to them as soon as possible. 

"So, to the briefing room?" she asked. Karhila nodded, and said, "But first, let's introduce ourselves to those two pilots." motioning to Riley and Chart, who were only a short distance from the Nord's hangar. Stepping over to the tall brown haired contractor, he stuck out his hand.

"Captain Risto Karhila, Nordic Air Force. This is my WSO, Aikki Lahti. It is nice to be flying with you."

"Same to you, I'm Chris Riley, this is my back seater Charlotte Redford. It's great to be here. Always wanted to come here, of course, under better circumstances." 

Lahti had turned red again, and almost hid behind Karhila's tall frame. "N-nice to meet y-you.."

Grinning, Riley said, "Good to meet both of you, now let's get out of the cold here.

Handshakes went around and the pilots began to walk again, returning to the briefing room
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 am

Skalski AB Tarmac
    November 24, 2045 (Local Time: 2140)
    Eastren Wielvakia

Jed bid farewell to Wolfe and walked towards the other pilots of his flight as they spent a few moments talking before they went to a debrief. Despite the cold air, none of them seemed to be particularly affected by the weather. A few snow flakes were coming down, though none seemed to be surviving once on the ground. Jed pulled a black knit cap from his gear and pulled it down over his ears. He shivered a little; Jed hated the cold.

"Good job today, everyone." He drawled as he walked up. The others nodded.

"Especially to y'all, Tsun-Tsun." Jed added. She suppressed a blush.

"To be honest, I'm not too eager to have a ceremony about getting five kills." Annie insisted. Jed shook his head and waggled a finger.

"No no no, y'all are with VF-34 now; it is required that we at least have a round of drinks. Tsun-Tsun, y'all have made a great achievement and y'all deserve recognition for it." He explained. The other two Osean pilots nodded with smiles.

Annie used a polite smile to mask her inner feelings. Something about being recognized by Jed, and by others, made her feel less like an outsider in VF-34. Something about it all being brought on by Jed added a special touch to it. Maybe somewhere inside him, he was trying to move on beyond the events in Santa Marina. She would do good to follow that example.

"And hopefully Ah'll get a chance to join yah in gaining that prestigious title next hop." Jed added flippantly. Streetfighter let out a chortle.

"Bombing not good enough for you, Bronco?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"Y'all would think so for this hop man, but Ah honestly felt pretty calm." Jed nodded. Annie's smile went away and she tilted her head.

"What do you mean, Leftenant?" She asked.

"Ah don't know anymore, man...like...Ah just feel like it isn't as tense as it felt in the past." Jed shrugged, looking down at his helmet.

"Well that's the point, in a way. The axiom that a pilot's chances of survival go up after their first ten missions still hold true to this day." Prettyboy nodded. Jed agreed.

"Let's hope Ah'm not an exception." He said with a wry smile. The man then motioned towards the buildings where they normally debriefed and stored all their gear.

"But enough talk; let's get a moving and have us some almost beer." He called, then leading his flight away from their jets.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:43 am

Sharky stood next to Night Witch with his arms crossed over his chest, a slight frown on his face.

Shamu walked up behind him, nudging him with an elbow.  "Grumpy over kill ceremonies again?"

"Today could have gone better.  We're rusty," Sharky said quietly.

"Of course we are.  We're retired, remember?"

"We still shouldn't be getting overconfident."

"Recovery, not perfection," Shamu said sagely.

Sharky shook his head violently to clear it.  "Right."

"Didn't think I'd be having to cite your rules back to you."

Sharky chuckled.  "It isn't the first time."

"True.  But hey, that's why you've got me.  Your eternal confidant.  Your better, sexier half.  Your..."

"Are you done?"  Sharky asked, rolling his eyes.

"Oh come on I was just about to think of a third one!"

"Snooze ya lose, bud."

"If only you were this fast in bed."

"That salt isn't good for your blood pressure.  But seriously.  We fucked up today."

"Yes.  On the approach.  But we can't do anything about the intel being ass.  We planned it to maximize our effect.  Which means high altitude.  The black boxes were an unknown, sure.  But there WERE no active guidance emissions, and our shit's automated enough that the gayass flashbang shit they pulled wouldn't have affected things anyway."

"We should have considered it.  That sort of thing is right out of our playbook."

Shamu fixed his pilot with a stare.  "Sharky.  We've been doing this shit for thirty years.  When has anything ever been 100% accounted for?"

Sharky sighed.

"Yeah, we missed a couple things.  What was supposed to be a milk run, wasn't.  Oh well.  Assume no more milk runs.  Flip the switch."

"Alright, you have a point."

"Of course I do.  It's YOUR MO."

"True.  But yes.  Flip the switch.  A little late..."

"Better late than never."

"Yeah.  Alright.  These 'black boxes.'  We'll need to start packing a couple SDBs to deal with them.  Just in case."

"Yeah.  It'll give us less to work with elsewhere, but we'll have to make do."

"As we always do."

"Yeah.  Now come on, that nice girl just made ace today.  Let's help her celebrate."

"Let's roll."  Grabbing his gear bag, Sharky led the way towards the Officer's Club, following the VF-34 pilots.

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-