A forum for general Ace Combat discussion, news, information, and role playing.

Skalski Air Base Barracks

Ronin201

Skalski Air Base Barracks

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Current Tenant Units:
    -81st Aviation Squadron, Wiekavalian Air Force (MiG-35M Super Fulcrum)

-337th Aviation Squadron, Wiekavalian Air Force  (P-3U Orion II)

-VF-34 Detachment Skalski, Osean Navy (F-24C Hellcat II)

-10. Squadron, Nordic Air Defense Force (F/A-64C Phantom III)

-119th Fighter Squadron, Osean Air National Guard (F-2C/CCV Viper Zero Plus)

-8th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Rosenthal Incorporated (FB-22A Strike Raptor, F-02C Wyvern)

-107th Fighter Squadron, Osean Air Force (F-25A Taipan)

Last edited by Ronin201 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Weapon Loadouts:

Ronin201

Re: Skalski Air Base Barracks

Post by Ronin201 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:11 am

"Huh, it's not that bad in here..." Prettyboy commented as the four walked down the hallway, personal bags and laptop cases in their hands.

"WvAF isn't in as bad a shape as Ah thought." Jed agreed.

VF-34 had been allotted a single hangar in which to put it's detachment's maintenance department, while its intel would be melted into this multinational wing (called the "UN 1st Fighter Wing", apparently) and also coordinated from the Icarus and her battle group. In fact most of their coordination would be either 1st FW's work or Icarus's. With part of the tenants gone they'd also have their own lockers to store their gear in.

Annie didn't say much as they walked down the hall to four rooms; they each were assigned one. She in particular was given the one...right next to Bronco. Annie kept her face stoic but her inner self was about to explode. Of all the damned romance novel cliches I...bloody fucking hell! As if having little privacy in the home life, school life, and aboard the Icarus hadn't been enough now she had this. She looked over as Jed was also silently musing on this fact.

"Ah hope this will strengthen our relationship as wingmen." He nodded with a smile. She managed one back.

"Annie Ah'm serious..." Jed began. He looked back to see that Rick had gone into his room to settle in and Nathan was searching for a restroom. Jed whistled at the guy and pointed down the hall.

"Don't quote me but Ah think it's that way." He mentioned, pointing the way they'd come.

"Thank you kindly, Bronco." Nathan said, raising his hand gratefully as he walked off. Jed looked back at Annie.

"Am Ah pissed? Yes, Ah was and Ah still am but we've got a war to fight, Lieutenant." He said in a hushed tone. She nodded with a more neutral look.

"Ah..." He started.

"Yes, Bronco?"

"Ah'm sorry if Ah did something." He mumbled. It wasn't he wanted to say but it was a good enough substitute.

"You did nothing. Thank you for being a gentleman about it." She replied. 

The two went their separate ways into their respective rooms. Jed put his bag on his bed, a single that he guessed was just long enough for him, and looked the room over. It was colored beige with a dark-blue carpet and gray furniture. The bed look comfortable enough and he had a dresser, desk, and three-drawer filing cabinet with lock. When he sifted through the desk he found one of the lower cupboards had a safe in it. He went to his bag again and started taking out the few personal items he'd decided to bring along to make the deployment feel easier.

Annie had even fewer personal items to throw about, just a few photographs outside of her professional belongings. She'd even left the dress behind on the carrier to sit in silence for now. She looked at the desk and decided at some point it could use some flowers, maybe roses or daffodils. Something happy but not to loud. She also wished there was a window here instead of the holographic screen showing a panoramic view of the mountains (ones that probably weren't even in this country).

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:04 pm

The Basilisk pilots had been assigned rooms further down the hall of the same barracks as the VF-34 crew.  On account of their seniority, Sharky and Shamu had been given two of the bigger rooms, connected to allow rapid access.  The rest of the crews shared their rooms, which had been furnished with bunk beds instead of singles, on account of the 2-person per plane nature of the Rosenthal deployment.

Sharky's room had no fake window, which was perfectly fine with him, as he would have covered it with the Basilisk squadron flag hanging up above the desk anyway.  In keeping with his idea of not being in theater for fun, the room was extremely bare-bones, the only personal touches being the flag and the laptop on the desk.  There weren't even any pictures of family, as Sharky believed they were unnecessary distractions, and if he was really struck with the desire to see them, all the requisite pictures were available on his computer anyway.  As it stood, the only hard copy picture he had with him was a small wallet photo of him, Gale, and Irina kissing on New Years' at Disney World while Kayla looked on, which he had stashed in his survival gear.

Shamu was a little less spartan in his furnishing, having put up a pair of digital photo frames containing slideshows of Daciana, his wife, and Nico, his son.  As tradition, he had also hung up a Basilisk flag, although his was not as tattered as Sharky's, as it wasn't a relic of Operation Neptune's Shield like Sharky's flag.

While Shamu sat down at his desk to tackle the after-action report, Sharky opened his laptop and said, "Cortana.  Who's at home?"

The disembodied voice, which sounded eerily like Irina Demelova (now Sarkar), said, "The usual.  Gale and Irina are occupied, while Kayla appears to be with Ben in her room.  They are still asleep.  Would you like for me to check across the street?"

"No, it's fine.  Wake up Kayla."

"Of course.  Would you like video?"

"Hold off until I'm sure she has clothes on."

"Understood."

Sharky heard a ringing tone, a relic of ages past, and then the slightly groggy voice of Kayla Sarkar, his daughter, came over the laptop speakers.  "Uuugh, Dad?"

"Heya, sleepyhead."

"Dad it's only 9 AM...  Ben and I were up late last night...  And I'm on break."

"Doing..."

"We were watching Batman, thank you very much.  Get your mind out of the gutter, father," Kayla snarked.

"Alright, alright, I just know how you are."

"Granted after the movie we bumped uglies..."

"KAYLA!"

Kayla laughed, "I'm sorry dad, your reaction is just too good to pass up.  Are you gonna turn on video?  Seeing the look on your face makes it just that much better."

"I will when I'm sure you have clothes on."

"Oh.  One sec."  Sharky heard scuffling and shuffling and the groaning of bedsprings as Kayla apparently puttered around her room.  After a minute she said, "Alright, you're good."

"I'm not gonna get an eyeful of Ben's ass the moment I turn this on, am I?"

"No, dad.  I've got the feed piped to my tablet."

"Okay good."  Sharky clicked on the option to activate the video feed and was promptly greeted by his daughter's face, framed by a tumultuous mane of deep blue hair.  "Blue?"

Kayla nodded.  "Yeah, changed it after you left."

"Hmm.  Nice.  So what's up?"

"Mom's going nuts and trying to rub Aunt Irina's tongue off, and I'm trying to keep myself from going batshit before finals.  Plus hanging with Ben and Squish.  But that's obvious.  What about YOU?"

"Got back from a hop not too long ago."

"How'd it go?"

"We've had better.  But the job got done."

"That's good, I guess."

"Yeah.  Oh, Nomes and Jed both got kills."

Kayla sat up excitedly.  "Really?  That's great!"

"Uuuh...  Kayles what's goin' on...."  The drowsy voice of Ben Morgan, Kayla's boyfriend, could be heard from the bed.

"Oh.  Sorry babe, talking to my dad.  Go back to sleep."

"Uh hu-zzzzz..."

"Dad, gimme a sec I'll switch to downstairs.  Keep talking."  Kayla set down the tablet and walked downstairs, closing the door to her bedroom behind her.  As she walked down the hallway of bedrooms, she asked, "So Nomee got her first kill?"

"Yes."

"How'd she feel about it?"

"She seemed proud.  She had to work for it."

"Snakes just not biting today?"

"It's to be expected.  Slammers and Anacondas are getting old, kid."

"Yeah, I know.  How about Jed?"

"It's Jed.  You know how he gets."

Kayla snickered.  There was a sound of rustling fabric, then the video feed came up again, showing Kayla curled up on one of the couches in the home theater wearing a Rosenthal CRT shirt and pajama pants.  "Yeah, I know how he gets.  So champagne, spray paint, all that shiz?"

"Yep."

"And naturally grumpy old dad didn't bother with any of that."

Sharky shrugged.  "It gets old after the first war, Kayles."

"Yeah, yeah, I know.  So Jed's on shore det?"

"Yes.  With Annie and a couple of other guys.  Streetfighter and Prettyboy."

Kayla raised an eyebrow. "Wait. Annie?"

"Yeah.  She seemed to like you.  Said she'd still like to get lunch."

"Yeah, sure, I'd like that too.  But that's for another time.  How'd she and Jed get along?"

Sharky's brow furrowed as he thought.  "Fine, I guess.  Maybe a bit of tension, but they were still professional."

"Huh, that's good, at least."

"What happened in Santa Marina, Kayles?"

Kayla sighed, "Dad, it's a long story."

Sharky frowned.  "Kayla.  They could have a potential chemistry problem that could lead to one or both of them ending up dead.  I need to know."

Kayla ran her hands through her hair and took a deep breath.  "Alright, I don't know all the details.  Wasn't with them the whole night.  All I know is, they left the club, went somewhere or another, then the next morning we find Jed hung over and he and Annie aren't saying a word to each other."

"Uh huh."

"Now, what I'm thinking is he or she made a move, and either Jed did something stupid, or Annie realized she wasn't being 150% professional by putting the moves on her wingman, and clammed up.  Then Jed got completely and utterly trashed."

"How trashed are we talking, here?"

"You remember that story you told me about Uncle Shams on Valentine's Day that one time?"

Sharky's eyes widened.  "Oh damn."

Kayla nodded.  "Yep.  Honestly, the trashed part is the only thing I'm certain of.  Jed got bummed out and got wasted, according to the people I talked to.  Why, I'm not sure.  It could honestly be either."

"Hmm.  If you had to pick one?"

"Honestly?  Annie clamming up."

"Really?"

"Yes.  Jed's done his share of dense stuff in the past, but she's not called Tsun-Tsun for no reason, dad."

"You have a point there.  Alright, I'll keep an eye on them."

"Cool.  So uh.  Mom's still mad at you."

"I know.  It's been 3 days.  It takes her longer than that to cool off."

Kayla sat up in her seat and looked at the camera.  "Dad, are you gonna be okay?"

Sharky sighed.  "You know I don't like hurting your mother.  I HATE it.  I won't say I'm going to be hunky dory, that'd just be a lie.  But I've been at this long enough to be able to keep myself in check.  Plus I DO have your uncle here."

"Yeah but you usually cope with..."

"Your mom needs Irina more than I do right now.  I'll be fine, kiddo."

"You're sure?"

"As sure as I can be."

"Well, I guess that's as much as anybody can hope for, huh?"

"Yes.  Oh.  Hacker said hi."

"Oh, cool.  He's on CSAR right?"

"Yeah."

"Tell him to make sure he keeps running or he's gonna have to hear twice as many fat jokes the next time I see him."

Sharky laughed, "Will do."

"Hey, you know if Nomee's in her room yet?"

"She should be."

"Okay, because I was gonna give her a call."

"I know she was going to call you, but I'm sure she'd appreciate the surprise."

Kayla grinned evilly, "Oh, she likes surprises, alright."

"Aaand I'm gonna stop you there before I get any MORE scarring mental images of my dear, lovely daughter."

Kayla laughed, "Alright, alright.  I'll tell mom and Aunt Irina you said hi."

"Sounds good.  I'll probably give them a call after they wake up."

"Okay."

"Talk to you later.  Don't work Ben too hard.  Let that poor boy get some rest."

"No guarantees.  Bye dad.  Love you."

"Love you too."  Sharky ended the call and sat back in his chair, absentmindedly twirling a pen between his fingers, a habit picked up years ago during long boring engineering lectures.  "Now what to do...  Oh right.  Paperwork.  Cortana, play Amon Amarth War of the Gods."  As the rousing guitar riffs of the Nordennavic death metal band blared from the speakers, Sharky pulled out his tablet and began reading through reports from other Rosenthal units.

Last edited by shomu1 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loadouts:

Basilisk 1: SOAP -ON-
    F-14D Quickstrike Ordnance Status:                                   

M61A2:  675x PGU-36/B SAPHEI
    6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Phantomphanatic10

Post by Phantomphanatic10 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:44 am

Riley had changed out of his sweaty nomex flightsuit and had changed into some much more comfortable khaki cargo pants, a grey t-shirt and an OD green hoodie. He sat at the small desk, a steaming cup of hot chocolate sat on a coaster next to his right hand. He browsed through the latest articles from Jane's Group and took a slow sip of hot chocolate. Chart returned a few moments later wearing a red sweater and jeans.  Pulling something out of her on duffel, she pulled on an urshanka that she had bought back in Yuktobania. 

"So, having fun yet?" she asked him.

"Yeah, this is nothing compared to ONS. WAY more intense. Except for maybe the time I got my ass shot down..."

"You're never going to live that one down, eh?" she said, sitting down in one of the small chairs that inhabited the room.

"Nope, I don't think I ever will."

Chart picked up her sketch pad and a pencil and began to draw.

"What this time?" asked Riley as he heard the sounds of pencil on paper from behind him.

"A sketch of The Crusader, in the snow, what else?" you've been wanting it for a week now.

"Oh, sweet, thanks a lot."

"You're gonna owe me a nice steak dinner when we get back." said Chart.

The Nords were already firmly ensconced in their barracks, and now Karhila was sitting on his bed with his tablet, watching a video on wing suiting. The sounds of Nordic metal came from his earbuds, and could be heard across the room. 

"Dammit Karhila, turn that down, it's bad for your ears!" exclaimed Lahti. "How many times to I have to say that!?"

Turning it down a bit, Karhila said, "Uh, a few thousand more times." 

Rolling her eyes, she said, "Look, I don't want you deaf by 50, so please, keep it down a bit."

"I saw you eyeing that Rosenthal pilot." said Karhila, changing the subject. 

Lahti blushed, her pale skin becoming tomato red. "I uh, uh maybe I was. Just a little though..."

"This better not become an issue, I need you at your best." said Karhila a bit sternly. "But anyways, I promise I'll turn down my music, just a bit."

Lahti sighed. Sometimes it wasn't worth arguing with Karhila over his music. 

"Okay, you better no break it." Returning to the small Russian Blue kitten she had been attending to, she reached one of her draws and pulled out some soft cat food.

"Here Sasha, have some of this." she said in a sweet voice. The kitten sniffed the can and then began to eat.
    Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 am

Barrack's Gym
    November 20, 2045 (Local Time: 1535)
    Skalski Airbase

"Hyaaah!!" Annie cried as she brought a high kick against the punching bag.

With the agility of a cat, Annie backed away and delivered several punches against the bag. Her speed and accuracy were very uncharacteristic of a rich girl. But kickboxing was her way of relaxing and how she kept herself safe. She hadn't needed to use it yet, but it'd come in handy when she needed it. Today though she was venting her frustrations and frustrations pilled atop those. The punching bag might not survive this... She thought.

Something about today's events was bugging her pride more than usual. Something about the way it'd all gone down had boiled up enough rage to make her come here for an extra session of exercise. She delivered kicks and punches at almost dizzying speed, moving around the bag as if it were a real opponent. She could hear Claireese or Josephine telling her to calm down and talk to someone, preferably Jed. But Annie didn't want to talk to him and she could easily guess he was in no mood to talk to her, if anyone.

Maybe it had something to do with the gap growing between Jed and herself. Now, it felt no different how they'd usually been, comrades in arms and nothing more, but there was Santa Marina and today's hop. If nothing else she was determined to avoid having another day like today. Despite her attitude, Annie quietly recognized her mistakes and vowed to herself to avoid them in the future. It didn't mean she suddenly had total respect for those who'd corrected her. At that thought, she delivered a rather brutal punch to the bag, roughly where the face would be on a human.

"Damned Yanks getting me all riled up..." She muttered between breaths. The woman pulled off her kickboxing helmet and sat down to rest for a few minutes.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:38 am

Sharky and Peaches walked in and gave Annie a cursory nod of greeting before walking over to the wrestling mat.  Dropping their duffel bags next to the mat, they began pulling out their pads and suiting up.  As he pulled his helmet on, Sharky said with a smirk, "So Peaches, you gonna let the boss win today?"

"Hah, you wish, boss.  Better keep your guard up."

Sharky chuckled as he strapped his boxing gloves on.  "We'll see."  Sharky and Peaches stepped into the mat and bumped fists.  Sharky took a defensive stance, shifting his right foot rearwards and raising his hands.  

Peaches made the first move, ducking low and aiming for Sharky's stomach.  Sharky dropped his right hand, batting her fist aside and darting to the left, allowing her momentum to carry her past him before swinging to land a kick on her back.  Peaches growled in annoyance and whirled around, choosing this time to take the straight in approach.  Sharky managed to block the fist heading for his face, but missed the gut punch that was right behind it.  Peaches fully intended to press her momentary advantage, leaping into the air to drive a fist at Sharky's chest.  Sharky was expecting it, grabbing her arm and sweeping her legs out from under her.  As she was falling she managed to twist and get Sharky under her, climbing onto his chest and pummeling his face with blows.  Sharky raised his hands up close to his face to keep off the onslaught, taking a couple of hits in the process.  After a few seconds he utilized his experience grappling with women while in a supine position, and managed to roll Peaches over so he was on top.  Pinning her arms above her head while he sat on her stomach, Sharky said smugly, "Well, looks like I did win after all."

Peaches grumbled, "Lucky shot...  That piledriver shoulda worked..."

"Twenty years and you're still using the same move, Rhonda.  Not to mention you're still weak down in the weeds."  Sharky stepped off Peaches and extended a hand to help her up.

"Yeah well not all of us live down there like you do, boss.  How many times have you used that move on one of your ladies, anyway?"

Sharky laughed.  "More than I can count.  But you already knew that.  So again?"

"Eh, let's take five."

"Works for me."  Walking over to Annie and sitting down, Sharky said in Bengali, "So, kickboxing, eh?  I've always preferred a more holistic approach, but it's certainly a solid base.  Working off some steam?"

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:44 am

"I like the idea of being able to kick someone in the face hard enough to knock them out." Annie breathed out. She stood up and stretched.

"And yes, it's a good way to make sure the stress of the job doesn't overwhelm you. The fact that I'm in a war situation means it's more useful than ever." She added.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Sharky nodded.  "One must always have a way to vent."

Peaches snorted at this, earning a glare from Sharky. 

"Ready for round two?"

"Bring it on, boss."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-

6x AIM-9X 
    6x AIM-154C
    3x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Ronin201

Post by Ronin201 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 am

Annie watched him go, and then looked back at the punching bag she'd wailed on. For a few minutes she considered it, and then saw Jed's face on the object. On a frustrated impulse she delivered a punch to the image. The woman then relaxed again and collected her things.

"Why..." She mumbled as she walked off, easily recomposing herself.

Weapon Loadouts:

shomu1

Post by shomu1 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:48 am

Having won this round, Peaches saw Annie frustratedly punch the punching bag before walking off.  Raising an eyebrow, she asked Sharky quietly, "What was that about?"

Picking himself up off the floor, Sharky shrugged.  "Nugget problems.  C'mon, let's go get a drink."

"You read my mind, boss."

Loadouts:

6x AIM-9X
    6x AIM-154C
    2x AGM-88 AARGM-ER
    14x AGM-118 Brimstone
    2x CBU-103

Total Credits:

Basilisk 2SOAP -ON-